• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Re-Kan! Episode 6:

Well then, if Re-Kan had more episodes like this it would be a much better series for once this show is showing some ambition and telling a tale with actual emotional content to it with more seriousness then they are used to. I know this was a special episode since they left out most of the ghost and that god damned cat. Also, I am guessing that v-in-tongue symbolism really is universal.

Symphogear 01

Well this is something. It's definitely the Mecha/Idol/Mahou Shoujo show, or at least close enough. Animation seems pretty shoddy already and from what I know it doesn't improve. And that egregious German use, lollll. Dunno if I will watch this fully but I'll watch the next few episodes.

Also the singing reminds me of Cross Ange.

Narag

Symphogear 01

Well this is something. It's definitely the Mecha/Idol/Mahou Shoujo show, or at least close enough. Animation seems pretty shoddy already and from what I know it doesn't improve. And that egregious German use, lollll. Dunno if I will watch this fully but I'll watch the next few episodes.

It does towards the end, everything improves!

hamchan

After the success of Code Geass, Sunrise decided to throw any type of mecha shit on the wall to see whether it sticks like Code Geass and failed badly. Valvrave, Buddy complex, Sacred Seven until Cross Ange managed to......

I wonder why they didn't just make a sequel TV series to Code Geass.

I wonder why they didn't just make a sequel TV series to Code Geass.

I'm surprised they never made a spin-off TV series about C.C. before CG happened and everyone she came into contact with before Lelouche, an episodic series, maybe.

Although in some manga spinoff she's a knight in the Hundred Years War or some shit lol

Akito has already demonstrated how Code Geas without Lelouch is boring. No more spinoffs please.

Sunrise in chasing after the whale named Code Geass, forgot what made the show good.

It wasn't just the twists or the 'oh shit' moments.
Valvrave's problem is actually that it started to take itself seriously with its garbage lore and backstory. If it had just embraced that it was nonsense like Cross Ange did, it would have been significantly more entertaining.

nisekoi was awful this week

fuck marika

byX2jJ0.png

Taking screen time away from Haru one episode at a time

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dunban's VA for Speedwagon.

Dickson for Zeppeli.

Alvis' for Dio, and Shulk's for Jonathan.

"I'm really feeling it! I can even lift this rock!"
I know Yanks are well known for literally not knowing anything about anything from outside their state let alone their country yet the fact that Shulk's trailer for Smash seemed to be the first time 97% of the Ameriyank population had heard a voice from the British Isles left me flabbergasted.

Stulaw

Dunban's VA for Speedwagon.

Dickson for Zeppeli.

Alvis' for Dio, and Shulk's for Jonathan.

"I'm really feeling it! I can even lift this rock!"

Reyn would be more suited for Speedwagon, Speedwagon should have a cockney since he comes from London.

Shulk would be perfect for Jonathan though.

Stulaw

What about old Speedwagon? I'm not sure a cockney accent would fit the image of a rich oil tycoon.

Probably more Dickson or Dunban for old Speedwagon then, I'd think he'd go from Cockney to a general South Eastern accent since I don't think his accent will change too much, just the way he pronounces his words mostly, but I don't think it would be as extreme as Pip from Great Expectations.

I think Jenna Coleman (Melia) as young Erina would work perfectly as well.

Arcadius

Banned
Kanon ep. 2-7
I'm still not exactly sure where this one is headed, but we now have a
demon hunter girl
2 girls that are around everyday that do not appear to have homes and a live-in girl with amnesia who is kinda cute and funny. There is also a fox, that has to be a magical fox, just because there is a reason it had bright yellow eyes and they showed him on a hill out in the open. So much weird stuff going on but no central plot yet. It's been an interesting watch so far though, just nothing crazy to get excited about or emotional. No romances either, but he does have a nice harem potential starting up.

It really starts to pick up soon, good luck!

cajunator

Banned

I wish this guys store had made it, but its incredibly difficult to make an anime store work.

9257b397341ac2f143c0d650382f32d01431102941_full.jpg

Shirobako cast as high schools by SNAFU illustrator. Its for the production art book.

Oh my Goddddddd

I WANT THIS.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - 01

WHAT AN HEROINE

GENKI : 100 %
POSITIVE THINKING : 100 %
SDBURTON POWER : 200 %

This school , is straight ripped from a video game... but it's alright !

Well I'm sold.

After the success of Code Geass, Sunrise decided to throw any type of mecha shit on the wall to see whether it sticks like Code Geass and failed badly. Valvrave, Buddy complex, Sacred Seven until Cross Ange managed to......

Cross Ange came the closest to being a glorious trainwreck, at least from what Ive seen so far. Valvrave is kinda special though.

Don't know if this was posted here before but I thought it was pretty funny and figured some people here might get a kick out of it.

Honest Trailers - Sword Art Online

This is so accurate it hurts.
By the way, I actually ordered the SAO2 LE because IM awful and it has Sinon in it.

Mikaruga Gakuen Kumikyoku - 04

It was on my mind, but the animation during battles for this show is really good and fluid

Mikagura%20Gakuen%20Kumikyoku%20-%2004%5D.jpg

She is really asking the right questions

I have a hard time deciding who is more perverted ? This MC or the heroine from MAria/Holic ?

Mikaruga Gakuen Kumikyoku - 05

All this no so subtle forshadowing about next weeks opponents while , our in-universe sdburton just found a little lamb to direct on the right path.
Meanwhile seisa actually tries to have fun , but instead is reminded of a painfull memory. They better explain that backstory this season. BUt nevermind, sdburton is trying to melt that iced heart so it becomes mellow again.

Arcadius

Banned
O'really? Good luck huh? What's that supposed to mean, lol. I can already tell there is going to be some paranormal ghost crap coming into the picture, but we'll see later tonight.

I watched it not too long ago, when you're done, I can link you to my post. I won't say anything else.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ninja Slayer 4
AIEEEE!
Explosion out of nowhere when introducing oneself, and ninja should know how to karate!
Cute crab.

I love how the ED change every weeks, it introduce me to a band i've never heard before. So yeah, good stuff.

Shokugeki no soma 6

Grade A5 meat....By chance i become filthy rich, i'll put that one on my list to do. Eat a Grade A5 meat cooked medium rare.

Yahari S2 - 06

Oh god I had a meeting last week that was just like this. Words were said but nothing of worth or progress were made.
Those fucking hand gestures, when Hachiman attempted to communicate in their way I lost it.

hrclkwxtyj.gif

Valvrave the Liberator END

Well that was a rather lame ending. Everything is wrapped up in an unsatisfactory way dealing with the Magius in about 30 seconds. And who was the prince kid? Did Saki and L-elf bang or something? And what's with the aliens at the end from the danger species list? That really never got explained. That's pretty much the whole show though, just a bunch of limp twists and plotlines that don't really end on anything exciting.

Not sure why I finished this show. If it was trying to be like Geass it failed pretty spectacularly as after the rape scene nothing super shocking (or interesting) really happens at all. S2 is basically a whole lot of absolutely fucking nothing. I'd say Cross Ange is easily better in pretty much every way besides animation, which Valvrave was pretty good at. I like the artstyle and character designs as well, but the Valvraves themselves are pretty gaudy.

Oh, and there were so many annoying/shitty characters in this. Shoko is the worst, Haruto could be pretty annoying with his petty ideals a lot of the time, Q-vier (god fuck these names) is just a little shit. L-Elf is probably the only character I actually like because he gets shit done and isn't a moron (which is quite the achievement in mecha series, especially this one where Shoko exists.)
Really the entire EVERYONE IS A MONSTER thing is stupid as fuck because who cares? It's somehow bad that your soldiers are immortal and that it's the only way to pilot these unstoppable machines? I don't even know why they hid it if it was gonna cause shit later. The only explanation we're given is the dangerous species list thing which we are told nothing about. I'm just sick of the I'M A MONSTER trope after Parasyte and Kill la Kill too.

I probably should've just watched 24 episodes of Gintama instead.

That's Hoshino the author of D-Gray Man for ya. She can make really appealing characters designs that are really good, too bad the show was shit. Shoko had a wonderful design with her green eyes but they had to waste that design by turning her into a shit character.😑

Thoraxes

Symphogear 01

Symphogear is awesome.

The ending was awesome. I was happy when more seasons got greenlit.

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign Episode 6

Cant wait to start watching from episode 1 next week with the engdub. Anyway, fantastic episode, Asuramaru looked great animated while the drama was intense. Good action scenes too, and such lovable hugs.
CEkgl2_WAAAvP66.jpg
CEkfQ2BWIAEYvPG.jpg

Valvrave the Liberator END

Well that was a rather lame ending. Everything is wrapped up in an unsatisfactory way dealing with the Magius in about 30 seconds. And who was the prince kid? Did Saki and L-elf bang or something? And what's with the aliens at the end from the danger species list? That really never got explained. That's pretty much the whole show though, just a bunch of limp twists and plotlines that don't really end on anything exciting.

Not sure why I finished this show. If it was trying to be like Geass it failed pretty spectacularly as after the rape scene nothing super shocking (or interesting) really happens at all. S2 is basically a whole lot of absolutely fucking nothing. I'd say Cross Ange is easily better in pretty much every way besides animation, which Valvrave was pretty good at. I like the artstyle and character designs as well, but the Valvraves themselves are pretty gaudy.

Oh, and there were so many annoying/shitty characters in this. Shoko is the worst, Haruto could be pretty annoying with his petty ideals a lot of the time, Q-vier (god fuck these names) is just a little shit. L-Elf is probably the only character I actually like because he gets shit done and isn't a moron (which is quite the achievement in mecha series, especially this one where Shoko exists.)
Really the entire EVERYONE IS A MONSTER thing is stupid as fuck because who cares? It's somehow bad that your soldiers are immortal and that it's the only way to pilot these unstoppable machines? I don't even know why they hid it if it was gonna cause shit later. The only explanation we're given is the dangerous species list thing which we are told nothing about. I'm just sick of the I'M A MONSTER trope after Parasyte and Kill la Kill too.

I probably should've just watched 24 episodes of Gintama instead.

What? Valvrave like Buddycom, was a mecha that was a gamechanger for the genre. Perhaps you should rewatch it as I think you took many of the things the wrong way.

duckroll

Looks like the Dies Irae anime project has been funded, in less than 24 hrs too! They said that while the format is undetermined at this time if people wish for it enough they'll produce a tv series. Given how well this crowdfund went this seems like it'll become reality!

https://twitter.com/UNEEDZONEjp/status/597043413087813633

Japanese crowdfunding is so weird. From the looks of it, the majority of the funds and backers are still in processing, awaiting confirmation of funds. Looking at the details of the crowdfunding site, it looks like they only accept Paypal and credit card payments for up to the 6000yen pledge level, and anything above that requires bank transfer. Lol.

Jarmel

Banned
Japanese crowdfunding is so weird. From the looks of it, the majority of the funds and backers are still in processing, awaiting confirmation of funds. Looking at the details of the crowdfunding site, it looks like they only accept Paypal and credit card payments for up to the 6000yen pledge level, and anything above that requires bank transfer. Lol.

Sounds like Japanese financing alright. Their banking system is the worst.

Jarmel

Banned
Sounds like Japanese eCommerce

Both. When I was living there, anything involving money is a nightmare. You have to do bank transfers for anything important, limited hour ATMs, that stupid checkbook thing for the ATM, pain in the ass to deposit money into accounts, and nobody accepting debit cards.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 2:
This show continues to impress. The comedy is pretty much all on point, and watching the characters interacting is a joy. Sakura's facial expressions in particular are hilarious, but everyone being completely oblivious to everything else going on around them is also pretty fun. The characters are all ridiculous, but in the best possible ways, and the show is having a lot of fun ribbing tropes and presentation of certain types of shoujo manga. That scene of Yuzuki walking with Nozaki and listing off all her good attributes while being completely unaware of everything she was doing to piss people off around her was really quite funny.

sonicmj1

Sounds like Japanese financing alright. Their banking system is the worst.

The silver lining is that it's really easy to do bank transfers at Japanese ATMs.

This is another one of those classic Japanese crowdfunding campaigns where a larger investment from more traditional interests is contingent on getting money from the fans this way. If they can get $300K from the fans, their corporate backers will get them to the $3 million needed to make a series. For this reason, none of the tiers include a Blu-Ray or DVD.

The "pitch video" on the crowdfunding site is 38 minutes long, so I assume it's a rip from some livestream or something. Compared to the way Western Kickstarter projects are run, it's insane.

My friend actually brought the VN this is based on to my attention a few days ago because he thought aspects of the synopsis seemed interesting, and he wanted to be able to play it in English.

J-List through VNDB.org said:
As the Soviet Union marches on Berlin in May of 1945, a secretive group of sorcerers and madmen gathers to perform a terrible ritual. They care nothing for the fate of the Reich. To them, the countless lives lost in the battle are the perfect sacrifice to fuel their spell. After the war, they vanish and are not heard from again, except in rumor. One day, it is whispered, they will return. And on that day, the world will end. Fear the demons in human form. Fear the Longinus Dreizehn Orden.

Flash forward to present-day Japan. Fujii Ren is released from the hospital after two months spent recovering from wounds suffered in a vicious brawl with his best friend Shiro. As Christmas approaches, he tries to rebuild his life, clinging to what brilliance remains. But even that is soon threatened. For the knights of the LDO have returned, and brought the apocalypse to his doorstep. Forced to wield the same unholy power as his foes, will Ren be able to protect what is dear to him from the inhuman might of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden?

I'm all about evil Nazi wizards, but then the second paragraph comes up and it seems like yet another VN about young teen saving the world, probably surrounded by a small harem of pretty schoolgirls with magic powers.

duckroll

This is another one of those classic Japanese crowdfunding campaigns where a larger investment from more traditional interests is contingent on getting money from the fans this way. If they can get $300K from the fans, their corporate backers will get them to the $3 million needed to make a series. For this reason, none of the tiers include a Blu-Ray or DVD.

Yeah, in a sense I think that the Japanese crowdfunding stuff I've seen are more true to the spirit of crowdfunding than what people expect from a crowdfunder in the rest of the world these days. Instead of a pre-order store or a means for fans to support a project by pledging to buy it early, Japanese crowdfunding for anime in particular are literally donations sourced from hardcore fans to show that there is a viable market to go forward with a project. In most cases the fans get almost nothing of actual value. No way that would fly in the west. Lol.

Yahari / SNAFU! S2 Ep. 6

BhnFdh3.png

This. show.

What makes Hachiman and Irohas interactions so enjoyable is that while Hachiman is so dense / refuses to acknowledge romantic advancements, Iroha thinks every gesture is a romantic advancement towards her. He's been rejected by her 3 times now, and the reasons just get funnier. Its like they're the same people, only Iroha hasn't been burned (badly enough) yet. Its also nice to see that she's showing more of her real personality instead of the cute manufactured one she shows to everyone else.

God, those business chuuni guys were so frustrating. I've been in so many meetings where people just spout out bullshit big and buzz words trying to sound smarter than they really are. Just go to a startup meetup and listen to people pitch their new app or whatever. I really hate business / marketing people lol. Makes it worse that Orimoto is back too.

Hachiman's imitation of Iroha is always hilarious, and I lost my shit when he started to mimic the other student council president's stupid words and hand gestures. But in the end, things are still awkward at the Service Club. Yui's trying harder but she isn't progressing. Yukino looks defeated and not herself. And Iroha is completely overwhelmed and under qualified for her job which Hachiman pushed on to her. He knows he fucked up I wonder what he will do to solve this mess.

Defuser

Snafu s2 ep 6
Iroha > Yukino/Yui

My god that meeting. Why is this show so accurate in portraying big words with no meaning /progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom