• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Snafu S2 6

Iroha fast transition of disgust when she think's Hachiman is hitting on her is funny. I hate the middle school love interest though. Seems like she is mocking him all the time they talk.

Best girl is 4 way tie between the teacher, Haruno, Iroha and Totsuka

zulux21

So meat is the lackey of the crab ? Worst girl confirmed.

as long as Erina exists no other girl can claim title of Worst girl.
that being said miss meat is one of the worst girls, (not really a spoil, but very vague hint towards the future)
but at least she gets a little redemption as time goes on.

Ojamajo Doremi 1:
CEloNz5UEAEBZni.png:large
CElsVqdVAAABd6k.png

CElsbokUMAEm5bC.png
CEltI66UMAAEzo9.png:large
So after years of saying "yeah, that sounds good, maybe I'll watch that some day", I finally sat down to watch this show. And the verdict, after one episode, is that it was definitely worth the hype. The show is visually appealing from the get go, between the amazingly expressive characters and the really sensational backgrounds. Coupled with a strong OST and you already have a good recipe for success. And it's only the first episode, but I immediately like Doremi as a protagonist. She has so much energy, and her exploits are a lot of fun to watch. I also like that she's just kind of using her fledgling magic skills for mundane things.

I can see myself having a lot of fun with this show.

What should I be watching this season?

So far I've only tuned in to Shokugeki No Soma.

Ore Monogatari (My Love Story) and Sound! Euphonium are both pretty great. There's also season 2 of Baby Steps, aka one of the best sports shounen in recent memory.

Dresden

What should I be watching this season?

So far I've only tuned in to Shokugeki No Soma.

blood blockade battlefront

---

bbb - 6

It was alright. I don't mind these one-shot episodes, but Nej's story wasn't all that compelling. It's only near the end (when we're introduced to White's brother) that it livens up again, back to characters I care about.

antibolo

Banned
I started watching Gintama many many moons ago when it was new but only got as far as episode 25 or so. Now that I'd like to get back into it but it's now hundreds of episodes long, should I restart from the beginning or is there a good starting point somewhere along the line? I'm thinking about jumping straight to when it switches to HD but would that really be a good idea?

Plastic Memories - 06

Huh, well that didn't turn out like I wanted it to. Fun to see more of the mechanic.
Why are all episodes exactly 24 minutes and 0 seconds? Request by the top dogs or is there something more to this?

Plastic Memories - 6

I never thought I'd see an anime with a male MC where two girls purposely follow him into the shower and get bonked on the head for it.

Anyway, this was yet another decent episode. I'm glad Tsukasa was finally told the truth about Isla's lifespan. I thought they'd drag that out for much longer.

The lighthearted comedy worked much better in this episode than it did in the third one. Instead of Tsukasa doing ridiculous things for half the episode trying to get Isla to say hi, we see the girls following Tsukasa around spying on him doing normal everyday things.

But what I think I like the most about this episode is that everything feels established now. Tsukasa now knows how much time Isla has left, how bad it gets when an android goes out of control, etc. The series has now reached a halfway point with everything into the show having settled into its own niche.

I'm interested on how they're going to develop on all this. The corrupt organization, Tsukasa is a Giftia, and evil android theories can still hold some water at this point.

Naotaka Hayashi could still pull an interesting plot twist with all this, and I'll continue to stick around with this show to see how it all ends up.

Narag

Space Adventure Cobra 8

I just hadn't gotten around to this and I think part of it was a concern the Crystal Boy encounter wouldn't be as satisfying as the movie was. I was wrong to be concerned as this ep was some top tier vengeance, showcasing Cobra's cleverness against the first enemy so far that could actually go toe to toe with him physically. The resolution to it all? I wasn't expecting it to play out quite like that and it was glorious as a consequence.

Serial Experiments Lain 8:
Damn. That was some episode. More questions and more answers, and some really powerful moments.

The beginning of the episode has Lain picking up on this prevailing wrongness in how everyone is looking at her, and you know that something is up, but no one is really being straight with her. And is things go on, the differences between the two Lains become even starker, which also leads to some great exploration of Lain's character and what she keeps hidden from the world.
And then she just deletes everything from people's memories, and it's this moment where you realize that she's just changed everything. And the change in her emotions from her joy at people not remembering to seeing her other side being the one interacting with people is a great shift. It seems like by taking such a horrific action she's simply opened the door for that side of Lain to come out even more.
I'm interested to see what happens next.

As always, this episode was very well executed. There's a lot of great silence that really builds up the atmosphere by not drowning things out, and there's some wonderful, creepy music in a number of scenes that really set the stage for things perfectly, especially in the classroom scene. While this episode wasn't quite as perfect for me as Episode 5 was, it was still a damn amazing piece of television, and pretty much every aspect of this show continues to impress me.

Plastic Memories - 6

Hmm I was actually expecting this development to come later in the since it became obvious
based on Isla personality quirkiness from the start that she didn't have much time left.

Tuck

BBB - 6
As a standalone episode, this was pretty good. Sort of slow pace, but a nice little side story.

But the way the show continues to weirdly juggle (read: ignore) its main plot is very strange, and characters are often introduced that we don't see more of in subsequent episodes.

Phatmac

I started watching Gintama many many moons ago when it was new but only got as far as episode 25 or so. Now that I'd like to get back into it but it's now hundreds of episodes long, should I restart from the beginning or is there a good starting point somewhere along the line? I'm thinking about jumping straight to when it switches to HD but would that really be a good idea?
The first episodes of Gintana aren't that good but they do set up the origins of most of the characters. Try again but feel free to skip if you feel like it.

Plastic Memories - 06

Yeah okay, I liked this episode. I'd have enjoyed this ride a lot more if they just played these things straight. The series is a lot weaker when its trying to shove a bunch of generic, by the books humor at me in order to fill its time slot. Things "happened" here and while I certainly wouldn't go as far as to say that the content of this episode makes up for all of the inconsistencies with the world, its dry characters, and its rather weak writing I can't help but say that I enjoyed this one. Certainly one of the show's stronger episodes.

UBW - 18

Disapointing episode.. good events, good réalisation , but archer wasn't kicking ass so well .. i guess there is always next week , right ?

Jarmel

Banned
The direction is just so unbelievably bad in Fate/Stay Night that I don't know who to blame. The episode directors? The series director? Both for being incompetent?

I have no clue how the writing for God Eater will turn out but I can promise you the direction will be better. Like why is the director of the worst KnK movie working on this? Did Hirao not want to touch this or was he too absorbed into what looks like his pet project?

The direction is just so unbelievably bad in Fate/Stay Night that I don't know who to blame. The episode directors? The series director? Both for being incompetent?

I have no clue how the writing for God Eater will turn out but I can promise you the direction will be better. Like why is the director of the worst KnK movie working on this? Did Hirao not want to touch this or was he too absorbed into what looks like his pet project?

Well if God Eater follows the story from the game then it will be mediocre to average. The series is definitely not praised for its story but more for it's gameplay.

Jarmel

Banned
Well if God Eater follows the story from the game then it will be mediocre to average. The series is definitely not praised for its story but more so it's gameplay.

Yea I've played some of the games. I'm not that enthralled with the combat either to be frank. However I can't imagine Hirao fucking up as bad on the direction front, especially during the dramatic moments.

I need to see who is doing the scripts for GE before I have a serious interest in it as it seems they're going to be 'loosely' adapting the story.

Phatmac

Can't really get much from the source material but yeah there has been some questionable choices for the series all around. Next week should be the true test. It'd be hard to fuck that up.

Jarmel

Banned
I can't believe that I'm saying the worst part of a Nasu adaptation isn't even the writing. In fact the writing has been a bright spot in the 2nd cour.

In a climatic scene in 18 (UBW scene), the music kicks out. Why? Who was responsible for that? The sound director? The episode director? Not to mention how lackluster the audio was leading up to that moment.

It feels like I'm watching a bunch of amateurs being carried by the budget.

Plastic Memories 06

I'm only at the start, but the situation from last week turned out to be exactly like I said it would be lol.
She didn't get shot, she was getting fixed.

Seraph of the end - 06
The show is finally entering the part where things get good... and it helps that the last 2, 3 eps were above average with clear moments where the animation team tried.

It'll be hard to mess up the next arc, so i'm now worried about the finale. Hopefully this anime will stay consistent .

As for ep06 , there is not much to say about it , it's a classic " get rid of your inner demons and get stronger" period , and they managed to make everything work in context quite well.

So ... So far so good ?

I can't believe that I'm saying the worst part of a Nasu adaptation isn't even the writing. In fact the writing has been a bright spot in the 2nd cour.

In a climatic scene in 18 (UBW scene), the music kicks out. Why? Who was responsible for that? The sound director? The episode director? Not to mention how lackluster the audio was leading up to that moment.

It feels like I'm watching a bunch of amateurs being carried by the budget.

That's pretty much how I feel about this adaption. The thing that maybe annoys me the most is how in action scenes the actual 'hits' are often skipped over. We see how a character prepares to strike, then the camera cuts and we already see the outcome of the strike. It robs the scenes of any impact. This is especially baffling since the early fights in the series (like Archer/Lancer and Saber/Berseker) were really good in that regard.
The integration of the OST is also really bad, especially how quickly the music tends to fade out. It's like the directors think more than a few seconds of suspense would be too much for the viewer to bear.

Jarmel

Banned
The integration of the OST is also really bad, especially how quickly the music tends to fade out. It's like the directors think more than a few seconds of suspense would be too much for the viewer to bear.

Iwanami is generally better than this. He did good work as the sound director for Kill La Kill and Fate/Zero, so I have no clue why he's fucking up this bad unless it's the episode/series directors doing dictation.

Gunslinger Stratos - 06

Ah Ah Ah , what a twist !

At the surprise of no one , the time keepers
weren't telling the whole truth
, meanwhile we finally know what causes degradation.and the stupid scientist who doesn't even know that he is manipulated plans to do exactly will cause the doom of everyone.
I'll bet everything that this trigger, is
what caused the split in timelines in the first place

Still , quite an intresting turn of events, hopefully this will lead to somewhere

DanMachi 6

Seeing Lili's backstory was pretty sad, getting screwed everywhere she went was pretty terrible for her. I also liked the fact Lili called Bell out on him saving her just because she was a women. Good job on Lili for saying he's a womanizer. I really do like Bell's character as he isn't annoying or insufferable. Anyways I'm glad Bell accepted Lili considering how much she went through.

Midonin

Aroma the Combat Bird-tler 15

So Pafu and Aroma were butler/maid trainees in the Hope Kingdom before they were forced to flee, and this is merely them taking on forms best suited to the world they're staying in. While the episode was mostly about Aroma, the few scenes of Pafu trying to clean were cute. Plus, Nao Toyama playing a little sister-maid. That sounds very familiar and would've been moreso if I could get around to more Maoyuu today, but that's aside for tomorrow. Fun episode. Next time: Scuba-diving at the beach with Minami's brother.

High school Dxd Born - 03

Anyone who has read the source matérial can see that they are speeding things up and going at such a big rate it's amazing ... nobody can argue that this season will have any low point ...

As for the episode, koroka attack ,that was a curiosity became a multiple layered attack on the gathering of gods. i guess the rating games sub plot will disapear entirely ( i mean saji already went to the fallen angel base in the anime i guess ) ..they even managed to include more barakiel / akeno in the mix , preparing the intense second part.

Damn i wish we could have a 26 or 39 episode season , but if that was the only way to see more dxd animated , then i'll take it.

High%20School%20DxD%20BorN%20-%2003v2.jpg

The right time to ask the important questions is NOW !!!

Goddamn the scene to get balance breaker was awesome in the books , but they nailed it , i guess it shows that the books writter is helping this season script , they didn't fall back on the weird stuff and went all out in the right sense of the word to show that highschool dxd , is still the king of the eichi anime , because it knows where to draw the line between comedy , seriousness and perversion.

Sorry testament , Dxd is without a doubt , superior.

Sterok

Nagato Yuki 6

Haruhi finally abdicates her screen-time. So now we're back to the Ryoko show. I'm pretty sure she dominates this episode. With special guest appearances from Mikuru, Haruhi, and Yuki of course. Haruhi still does what she wants. Ryoko will defend her school's honor by any means necessary. That accident with Mikuru was really tame all things considered. Yuki/Kyon almost sort of makes progress. And then not really. Yuki/Kyon really is the worst pairing. Haruhi/Kyon or especially Ryoko/Kyon are much more fun to watch. Even Mikuru/Kyon feels like it could kind of work. Itsuki/Kyon is natural as always of course.

Re-Kan 6

I think this was actually kind of good. Hibiki's change was surprising at first. Took me a few seconds to decide between body switching and possession. Nice development for Uehara. This show does drama better than comedy, which is pretty unusual actually.

Seraph 6

It was meh, same kind of development I've seen over and over again. I guess the action was alright, but yeah episode was below average.

BBB 06
I liked this episode a lot. I feel like "the main plot" is going to start advancing real soon because of that last scene/encounter. I wonder if Leo remembered what everyone told him about what or who he saw that one night on the subway, he did get pretty flustered when he saw him. Maybe his "girlfriend" is in it too?

Seraph 06
I thought this episode was cool, guess the fighting will begin now!

Plastic Memories
Well at least now he knows. I bet he's going to
try to make memories with her before sending her off. Of course he will.

UBW 18
Next week is going to be so baddass. I watched the original Fate/Stay Night, but don't remember a thing, and I'm so happy about that lol. Aside from a few key points, like the obvious "reveal" from this episode, there are other things that I don't remember so well. Every week I look forward to seeing what's going to happen.

Plastic Memories 5

We Psycho Pass and Blade Runner now.😆 So Marcia
turned into a wanderer and is now running wild.
Also I have to question how the hell did the little kid Souta manage to reach
Marcia's location
? A matter of fact how did he know where they were. Also did something just happen to
Isla
?

Anyways Isla still cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom