• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yona of the Dawn 12:

Poor Blue Dragon. This backstory feels kind of like what Naruto's life would have been like if Kishimoto was more of a competent writer. You really feel bad for the kid and everything he's faced, and the villagers feel pretty detestable, but you can also easily see how the prejudices are handed down from one generation to another.
The way his relationship with Ao was handled, from Ao's tough love and defeatism to the final moment with the bells, was quite touching. Seeing him talking to Ao as he collapsed and stopped moving was a great moment.
This was a bit of a heavier episode compared to some others in the series, but it is still handled with the same level of quality as the rest, and the show works even when we move away from Yona for a bit and spend most of the episode focused on the backstory of a character we just met.

Ao apologizing for leaving Blue Dragon alone right before he died hit me in the feels. Its sad thinking about the generations of Blue Dragons having such miserable and lonely lives.
It was great insight that not all the Dragons had the life of luxury like Kija.

That and Vogell in Kafig is just awesome. Haven't been very impressed with Sawano's other works but he struck gold here.

Yeah that's another dope track. I'm gonna go watch all the hype scenes from AoT today. Despite its low points the show overall was very entertaining.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do we know how long Soma's anime is supposed to be?

They could easily stop at 12 or 24 due to the way the manga's arcs are set up.

SNAFU S2 06

I started to like Iroha a bit more with this episode since her interactions with Hachiman were cute, but the way she doormats for the other high school as well as pretty much casually forces all the work on her fellow student council members dropped any pretense of liking her pretty fast.

Snafu s2 ep 6
Iroha > Yukino/Yui

My god that meeting. Why is this show so accurate in portraying big words with no meaning /progress?

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like Iroha that much. She seems too superficial and conniving, a type of person that once she's done satisfying her own selfish needs she'll just throw you away.

Future card Buddyfight100 Episode 5 {engdub)
CEhQoBcVEAETlnR.jpg

Seeing Tetsuyo and others on that flying banana is hilarious. Tetsuyo episodes always are fun and this one was too. Im glad the gang is getting back together fast, Big Z next episode!

Jarmel

Banned
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like Iroha that much. She seems too superficial and conniving, a type of person that once she's done satisfying her own selfish needs she'll just throw you away.

What I find cute about her is how bad she is at being foxy.

Yona of the Dawn 13:
Yona continues to be a great protagonist. I love how expressive she is, and her scenes with the Blue Dragon really emphasize her strong points. She has a lot of compassion, and she's able to speak to people's hearts very easily. Even though she's trying to reach out to someone who has never known love, she's doing a pretty good job of it so far. And yeah, the villagers are pretty hateworthy. I get why they are this way, but it doesn't make me dislike them any less.

JCG

Akito has already demonstrated how Code Geas without Lelouch is boring. No more spinoffs please.

I would beg to differ, because for me the only boring aspect of Akito is the release schedule. The initial build-up was a little slow, sure, but each chapter has been pretty good. I am looking forward to the third entry after hearing some nice things about it.
Yes, the man known as "Julius Kingsley" appears and is a fabulous bastard, yet he doesn't take over the spotlight for too long. He has a somewhat humiliating exit, which is rather fitting.

If anything, Akito proves there is room for variety even within the Code Geass universe. It has been relatively well-received even by some people who didn't care for the original show. Sales are healthy enough for an OVA series and they even decided to make a fifth chapter. All of that suggests this model can be successful, especially when compared to half-baked weekly TV productions like Valvrave and Cross Ange that had frequent online discussions yet are becoming increasingly insular.

I think she's superficial but I dont think shes conniving. If she really was, I dont think she wouldn't be manipulated so easily by Hachiman. She just cares too much about her image and being liked by people.

Yahari S2 05-06

hrclkwxtyj.gif

lmao. I lost it when Hachiman did the same thing. Iroha is just an inferior Haruno.

Its like hes making pottery.

You guys haven't even gotten to the great parts with Iroha yet.

I need to really start the LNs. From what I hear,
there's a lot more bits with Saki and Komachi the anime completely cut out.

Mr.Jeff

Shokugeki no Soma 6

Oh my god I just realized the ED is symbolizing the Last Supper picture. Also this episode had Meat, Naked apron senpai and food. All of my interests are now covered.
Watching the ED, you'll also notice that while they're grooving at the table, they're able to move their torsos while keeping their legs absolutely rock still.

However, I don't like some changes to the formula here. Lupin seems much more incompetent, and hasn't completed a single heist so far, up to episode 6. It also seems like differently from the original series every main cast member will be in every episode, which seems unnecessary.
Not every character will be in each episode but it is very rare as oppose to the first season. I echo a lot of your complaints about Lupin feeling much more incompetent. It's a staple of the second series that the characters fall into their ritualistic habits much more easily. Lupin's easily led astray and generally fails, Jigen follows pretty much everywhere, Goemon complains but always ends up complaining. Fujiko is the worst of the lot as she hits the same notes over and over again.

That said, despite the wall of mediocrity in this season, it does manage to pull off some really fantastic episodes - even discounting the two Miyazaki episodes - where the manage to nail a good plot progression even in spite of the usual Setup > Lupn gets involved > Fujiko interferes, > Comedic ending. I made a list previously but you seem like you'll carry on through anyway. I'd encourage you to take note of which episode stand out to you though.

Beware of season 3; the subtitles are terrible and it feels even more stupid. Save Cagliostro for last if you've not seen it.

Yahari S2 05-06

hrclkwxtyj.gif

lmao. I lost it when Hachiman did the same thing. Iroha is just an inferior Haruno.

I can't handle that XD

DanMachi 1-6
I'm surprised I hadn't started this show sooner. It's a really heartwarming adventure series. Bell is a great protagonist, from how sincere he is to how sensitive he can get. It's strange seeing some mythological gods translated in the ways they were but everyone's design is striking and unique. I especially like the use of 3D animation in this show, it actually feels closer to the 2d animation then I've seen in any other show. The last mini arc was especially nice and the next episode looks to be good.

faridmon

Snafu S2 1-5

2deep4me

Yet, I love it! The memories of how much I loved the first season just flooded back and this season is just more of the same. I honestly don't know whats going on, why people are angry, sad, confused. What are the point of asking the question they are asking, yet I am fascinated by the whole thing. Characters are ambiguous in their line of thinking, Personalities are unpredictable and I really love how every character act the different from each other which is a breath of fresh air.

Fucking love this show. and I can see myself watching it on repeat in the next few years.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too! Episode 6

The student council president character girl is definitely better than the main femchars in the service club. Everytime she catchers her heart flutter then comes up with some lame excuse, lol.

I just want the vice president and other officers plot resolved, I feel so bad for them.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too! 6

Just like the plot of this episode, nothing advances. That isn't to say it wasn't an enjoyable episode because it was. It's just that all these characters have come so far I wish they would pull from previous experiences and stop skirting issues. The student council will come to the boiling point next episode at it's current pace which should be nice to see.

This episode have a few good laughs. More than any other episode this season.

UtaPri Revolutions Episode 6 Saintly Territory

Well, it seemed like they had to make up for all the lost lines that Haruka was missing all last season and this season. I dont remember here ever talking this much in an episode.

Camus Saintly Territory had a good instrumental, cant wait for the full version and whatever other song is on it.
CElTWm0WMAAexNG.jpg

Rin-ne 4:
This was a sweet episode. The spirit's last desire was nice, and we got to see the characters all involved in some pretty funny situations, with a little bit of a romantic rivalry brewing. I like that Rinne actually recognizes that Sakura doesn't belong to him, and that she's free to do what she wants. I mean, obviously Sakura and Rinne are going to get together, but at least the characters aren't all acting like everyone is someone's property. And poor Rinne probably ate through all of his money there. Rika definitely milked that for all that she could.

PK Gaming

SHOW BY ROCK!!: M: 49.08%, F: 50.92%

Really?

---

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: M: 46.03%, F: 53.97%

REALLY?!

---

Gintama M: 18.25%, F: 81.75%

9HWH7ta.jpg

phaze

FSN:UBW 18
So he just trusted Shinji to not hurt Rin until the next day ? As if we needed more proof that
Shirou is deranged in his every iteration.

lol at Shirou's "I knew who he was from the very beginning." No you didn't moron.

I'm still not quite getting rationale for Archer's actions.
Is he just salty and doesn't want his mistakes to be repeated or is he perhaps immortal and wants to off himself through time paradox/whatever ?
This guardian bullshit needs to be expanded and explained in more detail if I'm to take it seriously.

Judging by the preview., perhaps its time for
Lancer's master to show up ?

Shokugeki no Soma 06

So meat is the lackey of the crab ? Worst girl confirmed.

Fate/Stay Night -Unlimited Blade Works- 18

Holy shit. How did I not see this coming!? It was right there all along, I don't know why I didn't piece it all together!
Emiya is Archer!

That moment with
Gilgamesh and Archer.
Got the chills. This next episode is going to be amazing!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid 1:
Well, this isn't really what I want from Nanoha (which is Nanoha, Fate and Hayate kicking ass as kids), but I guess if I judge it on its own merits, it's a fine first episode. I've mostly blocked all of that StrikerS garbage out of my memory, but this is at least a decent reintroduction, and it sets up some good intrigue for the series, but there are way too many supporting characters right now.

The show seems like it should be a relatively fun watch, but I do miss the certain innocence and earnestness that the original and As had. There was an elegant simplicity there which isn't really to be found here.

BBB 6
8z3liKb.jpg

The show attempted to do the heartfelt episode and pull on my heartstrings but it didn't really do anything for me. It wasn't a bad episode it just completely missed its target.

Also next episode is bothering me. Is this a 1 or 2 cour show? Because if it's a 1 cour show that's WAY too many episodes of nothing heavily plot-relevant happening.

BBB 6
8z3liKb.jpg

The show attempted to do the heartfelt episode and pull on my heartstrings but it didn't really do anything for me. It wasn't a bad episode it just completely missed its target.

Also next episode is bothering me. Is this a 1 or 2 cour show? Because if it's a 1 cour show that's WAY too many episodes of nothing heavily plot-relevant happening.

>Staff (Episode director / Storyboard / Animation director)

Episode 7 : E-den of Master Fighters
>Satou Ikurou / Yoshikazu Miyao & Matsumoto Rie / Mizuhata Kenji

Episode 8 : Z’s Longest Day (Part 1)
>Fujimoto Jiro / Tamura Kotaro & Matsumoto Rie / Horikawa Koichi

Episode 9 : Z’s Longest Day (Part 2)
>Masashi Abe / Fukuda Michio & Matsumoto Rie / Hasegawa Hitomi & Satou Chiharu

Episode 10 : Run! Lunch!! Run!!! / to the end.
>Satou Ikurou / Tomohiko Ito & Matsumoto Rie / Tomioka Ryuji

Here are the upcoming episodes. It seems they are gonna leave episode 11 and 12 for anime original content just like Noragami. Also about the nothing heavily plot relevant happening, from what I know the show is primarily sol between the characters while developing the setting. It does have bits of plot development but it's focus is mainly on the characters and the world they live in. Think of it like Cowboy Bebop where episodes are episodic and that it doesn't have a overarching narrative like many shows. Imagine it like American TV shows or even cartoons like Samurai Jack. Plus the Author of this series is Nightow the guy who wrote Trigun. So yeah he's a major western fan which is why there are many influences of it in Kekkai Sensen.

Oh yeah chances for Kekkai getting a second season is high because the BD and manga Vols are selling well. Also it seems if season 2 comes heavy plot developments will come seeing what 4chan said about Vol 10 of the series.

Phatmac

its been pretty obvious that
Archer is Emiya from a different future
so that shouldn't be too surprising. I still hope they explain what Archer exactly is and the process that occurred to him to clear everything up. Good episode and I especially loved Rin's performance. We still need more scenes of Archer's past for me to be satisfied. Next week should be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom