• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

Fate/Stay Night -Unlimited Blade Works- 18

Holy shit. How did I not see this coming!? It was right there all along, I don't know why I didn't piece it all together!
Emiya is Archer!

Heh, I still remember when I figured this out, watching the original Fate/Stay Night anime when it first aired. I seemed like such an awesome plot point back then, and I still like it.

Puruzi

Banned
One of the best episodes of the first season. 4Kids actually skipped this one in their dub due to religious references.

Like your new avatar by the way!

Jeez that's awful. Did they change or remove a bunch of things in that dub? Would suck if so, it's great as is.

And thanks, saw the image and decided I had to make an avatar out of it.

Jeez that's awful. Did they change or remove a bunch of things in that dub? Would suck if so, it's great as is.

And thanks, saw the image and decided I had to make an avatar out of it.

They changed EVERYTHING in that dub.

The show's name was changed to Magical Doremi. They Americanized all the names. They also outright changed the plot of one of the episodes.

And don't get me started on the voices and the dub's OP.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II - 4

Hey look, it's Corvo!

CEmphypWEAAQmV_.png:large

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II - 5

Hey look, it's Felix!

They changed EVERYTHING in that dub.

The show's name was changed to Magical Doremi. They Americanized all the names. They also outright changed the plot of one of the episodes.

And don't get me started on the voices.

Reminder to everyone that when 4Kids licensed Doremi, 4Kids CEO Al Khan referred to the girls in the show as being sexy.

There are times when you watch a show and you can tell its trying to give off a message concerning about games like Love Plus, Dating sims, and every VN with romance.

And then there's the time you blatantly ignore said message in order to cheer for the yandere, animesque girl trying to brain upload the guy she likes (hence destroying his body) and murder his friends/girl he asked on a date with the Chuck E Cheese/Freddy animatronics.

It makes one pause a moment and reflect after checking Google for images and waiting for the next episode to start.

Puruzi

Banned

Jintor

There are times when you watch a show and you can tell its trying to give off a message concerning about games like Love Plus, Dating sims, and every VN with romance.

And then there's the time you blatantly ignore said message in order to cheer for the yandere, animesque girl trying to brain upload the guy she likes (hence destroying his body) and murder his friends/girl he asked on a date with the Chuck E Cheese/Freddy animatronics.

It makes one pause a moment and reflect after checking Google for images and waiting for the next episode to start.

i clearly need to catch up. is this s2?

Kurokan Episode 10

I wonder if Sports works the same here in America, where the coach must be part of the school faculty. It seemed odd that in the other school in this anime that Kuroki wasnt part of the faculty yet could coach. I guess schools have the choice or not. But why would one not want their students to have good coaching and better grounds. No wonder Washinomori looks so rundown.
CEm6cWEW0AAl1y4.jpg

Plastic Memories 6

I'm really glad they didn't keep Isla's lifespan a secret to Tsukasa any longer. Now I guess there will be no unnecessary drama on that aspect. I'm curious on what's gonna occur here on out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama's audience split doesn't surprise me at all, looking at all those Gintoki x Takasugi and Gintoki x Hijikata works.

There are a lot.
Well, you can see this in the fact that the DVD sales of Gintama are still fairly high, because there's this weird trend where fujoshi are perfectly fine with DVD releases (where the male otaku shows tend to skew toward higher BD numbers). I'm not even sure if they bother releasing the series on BD at the same time.

That and the show has a bunch of guys that you can easily ship. lol

(And also why women same to hate Tsukki, because she is the first viable romantic partner for Gintoki in the franchise)

Well, you can see this in the fact that the DVD sales of Gintama are still fairly high, because there's this weird trend where fujoshi are perfectly fine with DVD releases (where the male otaku shows tend to skew toward higher BD numbers). I'm not even sure if they bother releasing the series on BD at the same time.

That and the show has a bunch of guys that you can easily ship. lol

(And also why women same to hate Tsukki, because she is the first viable romantic partner for Gintoki in the franchise)

The DVD covers themselves are also pretty fujoshi bait. They even joke about that in the show.

-------------------------------

"JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable" Anime Teased?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

When Part 4 is announced I will flip my shit, even though I fully expect it to happen

wonzo

Banned
Princess Tutu 7:
The direction in this episode was very strong, particularly during the scene on the bridge where Drosselmeyer manifested on the bridge. The usage of skewed perspectives was good, and I liked how they showed all the different non-real bits intersecting with reality and creating a very distinct look. It really elevated that scene into something especially memorable, and it helped raise the stakes implicitly on Ahiru's situation.

I also liked that Ahiru struggled quite a bit here, and we saw her being really despondent after what had happened previously. She doesn't just get over things through a pep talk, but rather winds up getting dragged back into things mostly just because she has no choice but to act without thinking. They also shift the Tutu/Mytho dynamic again during the final scenes, and then set up some big questions with regards to Rue.

bobawesome

I think I'm one of the few who has legitimately enjoyed every episode of Unlimited Blade Works so far.

Went to Wal Mart tonight to pick up a wired keyboard after my wireless one died and ended up snagging The Tale of Princess Kaguya as well. I'm not even a Ghibli fan. What have I done?

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories ep.6
I was so happy I was right about the outcome from last week.
Damn, the feels from this one range from really good in regards to a budding romantic relationship (that shouldn't be) to dammit, remember to those feelings from a few weeks ago when we learned the
fate of Isla and Tsubasa didn't know about her timeline. Well, now he does know and he was obviously upset by it, but, of course, wants to live out her last month with him by his side. The greating when he returned home to Isla was a touching moment, not just because of th e words exchanged, but he didn't know Isla heard his response to Kazuki and she loved it Michael was right, he is very sad, but doesn't want to share that.
I mean, as the 2nd half of this comes up, it h as the potential to be sad as hell, but great at the same time. I can't wait to follow this show through to the end of it. I didn't feel anything "forced" on this one, it all flowed naturally.

I think I'm one of the few who has legitimately enjoyed every episode of Unlimited Blade Works so far.
You aren't alone. I have a friend that isn't on GAF that likes it even more than I do too so there's that. He even went back and watched all of the other Fate stuff while it wasn't on last season.

Clannad After Story 06

Goddamnit you guys told me episode 15, I wasn't ready for such a heart-warming story this early, I hadn't built a shield against the"feels" yet. Nah this isn't me, who the fuck in here is cutting onions. I blame you.

Cornbread78

Danmachi ep.6
I love the feels from this episode, obviously, not enough Hestia, but still... Oh, Lili, I hate you. Just sayin'; What a douche. Bell should have just knocked her ass out cold a long time ago, but no, she's a "woman". I am glad she made him change his answer because Bell is better than that kind of weak answer, but she still needs to pay for her transgressions. Still loving this show, so good..

Cornbread78

Clannad After Story 06

Goddamnit you guys told me episode 15, I wasn't ready for such a heart-warming story this early, I hadn't built a shield against the"feels" yet. Nah this isn't me, who the fuck in here is cutting onions. I blame you.

Lol, no no. What we said is make sure you watch episode 15-End in one sitting. Nobody said that the other episodes were devoid of any kind of feels. Honestly, you can literally feel the show change the tone on you in a heartbeat. It's there, and you cannot escape it, which is why it is so damn good.

faridmon

Just marathoned the rest of Parasyte, and I have mixed feelings about it.
While the Governmental house ''arc'' was simply amazing to watch, the last 4-5 episode were really disappointing in terms of directing and writing. Did they run out of budget or something? While it was clear where they were heading to, it just feels like ideas stitched together by a soft glue without any clear plan, the action simply felt rushed (The old lady sections were bizarre way of showing character production) and the monologues felt really cheesy and contradictory (Goutou killed a lot of people, yet he sympathise?)
I was never of Shinichi's girlfriend, her ideas never made sense to me and she was horribly written and developed (but that goes for every female character), Also, some of the dialogue just felt off (The killers last speech was not convincing at all).

Having said that, it was amazing journey. The series ozzes from having style and substance from start to finish and I really loved it as whole. Madhouse did a great job on it!

Lol, no no. What we said is make sure you watch episode 15-End in one sitting. Nobody said that the other episodes were devoid of any kind of feels. Honestly, you can literally feel the show change the tone on you in a heartbeat. It's there, and you cannot escape it, which is why it is so damn good.
This better not go School Days on me because I don't think I can handle it LOL!

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 21 (engDUB)

Wow that episode was hilarious but intense and kind of a bit extreme.
First Chrono didnt even punch the guy or do anything violent so to lose all his points is too extreme when the facts are lacking. Second why did they want to ban him for five years over protecting the integrity of cardfight!! vanguard, and his accusation was true even. They shouldnt have punished him at all. The whole scene with Chrono getting visibly heated had me with my head in my hands in the scene. You could tell it was going downhill with those three bakas going like that, ugh

Kekkai Sensen 6

This title truly does fit this episode's theme, it truly was a bittersweet episode. The OST was spot on and well coordinated, it's definitely the best OST of the season. Iwasaki Taisei the man in charge of the OST needs to get hired a lot more and it seems he's pretty new in making OST for anime. Anyways seeing Nej's and Leo's interaction and how their friendship bloomed was beautifully executed. Like they always say a burger can bring people together.

HToIsAy.jpg

StopMushroomAbuse2015

That some 10/10 dark humor. I can't help but laugh while feeling bad at the same time. I mean a Mushroom just got trashed by a truck. Sweet Jesus did the end put a smile on my face especially when Leo started crying over his cheeseburger and his reunion with Nej.

This is some gorgeous background art, they really did nail the atmosphere of New York City with this art. From what I've seen of Euphonium airing this season it has some great background art but Kekkai's beats it by a long shot just because of how much it adds to the setting.

Iw3wbqh.jpg

That Trigun reference.😯

So we finally find out more about White's brother Black. I find it bit fishy that he moved his eyes to the side before he said his name. I wonder if it really isn't his real name or if it some larger meaning. Anyways I really loved White's and Black's interaction together even if it was for a little. I hope we get more interactions between White and Leo. It was a strong episode and I really enjoyed it. Kekkai Sensen really does provide me a long range of entertainment whether it's action, comedy, or sweetness.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama 270

B1sR5hLl.jpg

DnJdl6tl.png

The first half was a nice showcase of what makes Kobayashi a good voice actor in terms of the range of emotions that she's able to slip into. This seems to be her main job now though... appearing on shows that she has been on in the past in order to do her freak out voice for comedic purposes.

Gintama 270

B1sR5hLl.jpg

DnJdl6tl.png

The first half was a nice showcase of what makes Kobayashi a good voice actor in terms of the range of emotions that she's able to slip into. This seems to be her main job now though... appearing on shows that she has been on in the past in order to do her freak out voice for comedic purposes.

Well Kobayashi's voice acting of Chain in Kekkai Sensen is serious and more deadpan which is different than her usual roles. Plus the funny thing is most of the Gintama Voice Actors are in Kekkai Sensen. I mean the main lead is basically Shinpachi.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well Kobayashi's voice acting of Chain in Kekkai Sensen is serious and more deadpan which is different than her usual roles. Plus the funny thing is most of the Gintama Voice Actors are in Kekkai Sensen. I mean the main lead is basically Shinpachi.
Is she a main character in that show? People keep telling me about it, but don't really say what Koabayshi does. lol

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1

CEnRR8fWEAErE_V.png:large

So much respect I had for Gaiking lost in this one moment.

And so I come to it at last. The big one. The show responsible for inspiring many anime we see today.

I have to say, they really knew what they were doing in setting things up here. Shinji's a decent protagonist so far, with having believable reactions one would have at being put into a situation like that. Unit 01 has a pretty cool design.

I actually didn't expect this episode to be all set up like this. Given most anime I've seen, I was expecting some narration about what the angels were and some details about the state of the world going into this.

Instead the entire episode is dedicated into getting Shinji in the robot, and it's all presented really well.

Well, show made a good first impression. I expect confusion, craziness, and well-animated robot action in the episodes to come.

Is she a main character in that show? People keep telling me about it, but don't really say what Koabayshi does. lol

She's basically apart of the Libra organization and the messenger who tracks down information due to her ability to maneuver around the city swiftly and quick. She's called the invisible wolf who provides really great deadpan reactions. She isn't the main character but still gets a fair amount of screentime. Though I really love Koabayshi's voice acting for her.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1

And so I come to it at last. The big one. The show responsible for inspiring many anime we see today.

I have to say, they really knew what they were doing in setting things up here. Shinji's a decent protagonist so far, with having believable reactions one would have at being put into a situation like that. Unit 01 has a pretty cool design.

I actually didn't expect this episode to be all set up like this. Given most anime I've seen, I was expecting some narration about what the angels were and some details about the state of the world going into this.

Instead the entire episode is dedicated into getting Shinji in the robot, and it's all presented really well.

Well, show made a good first impression. I expect confusion, craziness, and well-animated robot action in the episodes to come.
Godspeed to you.

Funnily enough, the first time I watched it, this was airing on a public Spanish channel in the afternoons, I lived in Portugal in a small city right next to Spain so I could watch their channels too. Every week after school I'd watch this for the fights, without having a clue of what was really going on deeper down. I was either 9 or 10 years old at the time. Good lord, why they even aired this stuff in the afternoon for kids like me at the time to watch is beyond me. I should mention I wasn't the only one, my whole group of friends would watch too.

Cornbread78

Imagine my surprise when I watched School Days expecting something along the lines of Clannad.

This is reassuring. Okay, I can watch the rest in peace, I still have a deep scar from that show. I don't trust slice of life shows anymore, you can never be too careful.

Trust me, I feel the same way with everything I watch now; I get that feeling constantly when watching stuff. If you read my impressions previously you should have a general idea of ride this show puts you on. Marathon the last episodes, just do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom