• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HIgh school Dxd Born - 05
I must sound like a broken record now , but goddam i have such a hard time following this anime, so much changes .. Summer is not over and loki is defeated , sairoag appeared out of nowhere , vali didn't fight against loki , odin is still in japan for some goddamn reason ( you have a giant power gap thank to loki disappearance , how do you explain that , lol )
Issei finally used BIlingual , but barakiel wasn't part of it... goddamn i'm confused.

They also moved a lot the relationship of the gremory members and the sitri clan along, to the point that i'm wondering if they even plan to adapt the rating game match at some point.
I do agree that some changes in the story were smart , like using ravel first re-appearance as a get out of jail free card ( phoenix tear) for the hero, and it's intresting to see a scenario where the gremory team was forced to to fight loki without the vali team help ( unlike the book ) , i'm just wondering if they left asia behind "just because" it would create drama ( what was that limit of téléportation ? Ajuka is supposed to be a genius capable of transporting gods against their will but with others , you're limited ? give me a break!)
Akeno and barakiel relationship update seem forced, i knew akeno was mostly at fault but goddamn , the scene lack impact in the anime.

Irina angelic transformation was alright i guess.

Trust me, I feel the same way with everything I watch now; I get that feeling constantly when watching stuff. If you read my impressions previously you should have a general idea of ride this show puts you on. Marathon the last episodes, just do it.
I'm getting closer and closer, just finished episode 8 for today,
the gangs have come to an understanding after seeing how the sister was working so hard for the brother that had died
. It's getting gradually more and more emotional. But yeah, I will make sure to do as you said and stop myself before 15, so I can marathon from there until the end on a free day.

It would make sense. Also another funny thing, scene spoiler
they left the masturbation scene in.
I remember it clearly because I didn't know what was going on in that room back in the day, I was still a little kid. I was just there watching the afternoon cartoons on the spanish channel, watching big robots fight bad alien monsters. Then that came up. I was confused, and so were all the other kids that watched it with me. Now we all know.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
She's basically apart of the Libra organization and the messenger who tracks down information due to her ability to maneuver around the city swiftly and quick. She's called the invisible wolf who provides really great deadpan reactions. She isn't the main character but still gets a fair amount of screentime. Though I really love Koabayshi's voice acting for her.
Does she do more than that potato character on Attack on Titan? Because I felt ripped off having to watch that basement searching simulator. :p

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 2

Interesting how the episode didn't show how the fight ended until the very end of the episode and we start by showing the aftermath of the fight.

It sure didn't take that much for Unit 01 to go berserk. All it took was a few hits and then BOOM rage mode activates. And judging from that smile on Gendo's face when it happened, I assume that was the plan all along.

Put your own son into a giant robot just so he can tank a few hits from an angel and go unconscious while the berserk mode activates and does all the work. What a father.

Cornbread78

Your Lie in April ep.
I must say this was a beautiful series, through tears of pain and sorrow, you can feel the resolve in everything. I was going to wait to finish this next week, but I couldn't stay away for more than 24 hours. The freekin' feels man, I need to get away from this slice of life crap for a couple weeks now, it's killing me, but here I am watching Kanon as well. Ugghh.
The only thing that drove me nuts is
Did he win the competition?
They really condensed that last episode rather than fully actualizing everything. They wanted to keep it general, but it really is a shame they didn't let us share in that moment as well as share in the other linked moment. Uggh, another great feels series. I really hope he gets with the girl he's always known in the end, now that he has awakened.

Does she do more than that potato character on Attack on Titan? Because I felt ripped off having to watch that basement searching simulator. :p

She definitely does more than Potato girl, that's a given. It's just she doesn't have as much screentime as Leo (Shinpachi) the main character but still gets a decent amount.

Link Man

Banned
And so, once more I have entered into a watchbet with Pshyco Ninja.

Kanon 1

iOe11uuT6OFHc.jpg

Sunohara?

ibuEmZbeJsUf8h.jpg

And here's what everybody remembers about this show (this version, at least).

itUoIok6wL9dk.jpg

iJIhMnjHkvqSm.jpg

iPAiafRl5G5qB.jpg

iuflb6z4sbouh.jpg

Oh, this is gonna be precious.

Overall, a rather standard first episode, but there seems to be more here than meets the eye. Lost memories? The past repeating itself? Interested to see where it goes from here.

ibxXfQ3zrXc2uk.gif

Nanoha Vivid - 06

Nanoha is too strong , Please Don't Nerf !

She is like perfect that way
Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2006.jpg

Defending against nanoha beam barrage attack ? IMPOSSIBLE indeed !
That was like what ? 9 beams ? You can do better than that nanoha !

But that was awesome , so i'll take that.

Everyone is awesome , rio and einhart are bright kids with an awesome future in front of them ... i want MORE !!!

ibyea

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 2

Interesting how the episode didn't show how the fight ended until the very end of the episode and we start by showing the aftermath of the fight.

It sure didn't take that much for Unit 01 to go berserk. All it took was a few hits and then BOOM rage mode activates. And judging from that smile on Gendo's face when it happened, I assume that was the plan all along.

Put your own son into a giant robot just so he can tank a few hits from an angel and go unconscious while the berserk mode activates and does all the work. What a father.

Gendo Ikari, father of the year right there. \sarcasm

Nanoha Vivid - episode 6

Now THIS is a real episode of Nanoha. Nanoha completely rekt Einhart for beating up her daughter. Vivio continues to be the least inspiring character in the show considering she's the main character. Fate is totally going easy on Erio, since she hasn't really used any of her alternate forms or abilities, and still manages to dodge both Nanoha and Erio attacking together. I'm sad that Fate stopped being super badass after A's. Her fights all seem really lackluster. Rio is a total badass, and the most flashy character so far. Corona's golems are pretty cool, but seems like a more offensive version of Caro. Teana became super overpowered since the events of Strikers, and completely outshines her friend Subaru.

And beam spams. Gotta love the beam spams. It was fun to see Nanoha try and vaporize befriend Einhart. I'm excited to see Starlight Breaker again in the next episode. Einhart hasn't seen anything yet. And this is just Nanoha with limiters on!

Nanoha Vivid - episode 6

Now THIS is a real episode of Nanoha. Nanoha completely rekt Einhart for beating up her daughter. Fate is totally going easy on Erio, since she hasn't really used any of her alternate forms or abilities, and still manages to dodge both Nanoha and Erio attacking together. I'm sad that Fate stopped being super badass after A's. Her fights all seem really lackluster. Rio is a total badass, and the most flashy character so far. Corona's golems are pretty cool, but seems like a more offensive version of Caro. Teana became super overpowered since the events of Strikers, and completely outshines her friend Subaru.

And beam spams. Gotta love the beam spams. It was fun to see Nanoha try and vaporize befriend Einhart. I'm excited to see Starlight Breaker again in the next episode. Einhart hasn't seen anything yet. And this is just Nanoha with limiters on!

Nanoha blasted einhart across 3,4 buildings and reduced her life to 0 with a smile on her face ! just how we like it !
And yeah Fate is still not at full power , better keep those other mode if the situation is not in a deadlock, you know ?
Rio thunder aura and lightning kicks are so awesome , 2nd best character behind einhart.
As for teana , remember strikers , she had several limiters on her placed by nanoha , she always had potential , she was just too young at the time of strikers. Feels great to see her go all out , you really see the difference.

Beam spams are the best, no contest here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, Sidonia is suffering from what happened to Infinite Stratos, where the second season is just more anime bullshit than the first. The Space Opera stuff is just ruined by herpderp physical comedy and cliched harem/sex-comedy hijinks.

wonzo

Banned
Man, Sidonia is suffering from what happened to Infinite Stratos, where the second season is just more anime bullshit than the first. The Space Opera stuff is just ruined by herpderp physical comedy and cliched harem/sex-comedy hijinks.
tsumugi is the best tho

Cornbread78

Kanon ep.8-9
Well, there it is, shit just got real... interesting. I was right about my observation from the past couple episodes,
but Mikoto is one of the foxes! This means that the girl outside the school during lunch is one as well, but where does that leave the shrimp girl, he remembered her and th ey showed her as a child with him
This is about to go off the rails crazy on me, isn't it? Oh well, after Clannad and that "Lie in April" show, what can I do? It's been a cute couple episodes, but I gotta get some sleep, so more tomorrow afternoon.

Lol, look at those other Kanon posts, nice.

Plastic Memories 3-6

This is turning out rather nicely. Episode 5 was pretty tense and served as nice climax for that arc.

I'm really wondering whether there's going to be a another twist or if things will be played straight here in regards to what is probably the most expected ending for the series given what we've seen so far.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing how everything ends myself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Picked up.
There are no Euphoniums in this though. :p

tsumugi is the best tho
She didn't even do much in this episode, but this episode had some random guy put his head in the pilot leader's massive chest before she punched him so hard he flew up in the air and hit two different surfaces.

This is different from a couple weeks ago, where protagonist walks in on the clone girls changing and pisses them off so much that one of them kicks the door in his face, slamming his head against the wall. But it's okay, since it's anime, so that blood and broken teeth are instantly repaired.

It makes me wonder what LOGH would be like if it had this junk. lol

Jarmel

Banned
Welp that kills my interest in Sidonia. Please keep us posted Firehawk so I don't have to waste even more of my time watching bad mecha so I can play bad games instead!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
But I heard this season had a literal tentacle girl so it must be better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

ibyea

Banned
Gendo did nothing wrong!

Yeah, all he wanted to do was just ascend humanity via instrumentality that turns everyone into orange tang which somehow was supposed to bring his wife back, using his son as a tool to bring parts of his plan into fruition, and meanwhile creepily keep his wife alive by proxy of a teenage clone!

Is it really that different? Feels just like a continuation of S1 to me, which already had its same share of harem antics and physical comedy.

wonzo

Banned
eva's almost 20 years old at this point. spoiler whining smh

Mellowlink 4-6

mellowlink5.jpg

Flashback owned but the way he just ran out of the trial was absolutely laughable. lmao

ibyea

Banned
eva's almost 20 years old at this point. spoiler whining smh

I would normally agree with you but we know here Nintendoman is watching for the first time. Let's give him that experience.

And holy cow I can't believe it's almost that old! It seems like yesterday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it really that different? Feels just like a continuation of S1 to me, which already had its same share of harem antics and physical comedy.
I may be misremembering, but I don't remember S1 being this stupid this often. It had its moments, but this seems to be happening every week that they're not in space ships fighting aliens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom