• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaur

Yeah, they already played the plotline out for you in ep.9. It's just a matter of
who, when and why now
the big difference between the two is that Clannad really builds up each relationship with the characters so you build an identity with each of them, but they haven't really done too much of it with Kanon, but feels are feels ya know..

All I can say is watch some more. Cause they are the same in that aspect) It's just that Kanon goes in a way of - introduction of MC and quick introduction of each character and then personal character arcs.

cj_iwakura

Uguuuuuuuu

CjediLq.jpg

ibyea

Banned
Usagi Drop

(Discussion for both the anime and manga)

Man I loved this anime. Just 11 episodes of some heart-warming family drama. Just a great tale of a man who has to suddenly take care of a 6 year old child. Fantastic animation, fantastic music, a great anime. Finished it all in a day and half because it was soooooooo good.

And then I saw that it was only the first 4 volumes that were turned into an anime.

"Oh boy, I wonder why they didn't just make the rest of the manga into an anime?", I asked myself.

"After all the anime was made after the manga finished, and what they made was freaking great. I should just read the manga to finish off the story."

WHAT THE FUCK

I am a bit FREAKED OUT by how this series ended. What the hell. I feel I got lured into this series and then it totally became something different. Putting aside the fact that the second half of the manga was badly paced and felt like a soap opera, a completely different tone to the start, what really got me was the (manga ending spoilers)
INCEST RELATIONSHIP!
Like, holy hell I didn't see that coming and reading the comments about this series around the internet, it looks like most people are in my position too.

I feel I should not have finished this manga. I will wholeheartedly recommend the anime to anyone but will tell them to avoid the manga. I came out of the anime feeling fantastic and I'm ending the night feeling slightly horrified.

You are kidding me. D: Holy hell am I glad I didn't read it.

Edit: Looked at TV tropes because I couldn't believe it. One entry:
Towards the ending and the revelation that Rin and Daikichi aren't blood-related and get married.
REALLY?! REALLY?! What was all the ship tease with Kouki's mom about?!

Cornbread78

All I can say is watch some more. Cause they are the same in that aspect) It's just that Kanon goes in a way of - introduction of MC and quick introduction of each character and then personal character arcs.

Alright, will do. Clannad was excellant at character development through the the series. It looks like the Mikoto arc is starting to wind down now, damn, all these feels in ep. 10.

Tuck

Arslan Senki - 6
Great episode overall. Some good action. Just wish the animation was more consistent. Some of it is great, but I really wish they'd stop with the still-frame shots.

duckroll

this would be nice... I was enjoying the story to terra battle, and then it was like chapter 20 or whatever where the text just wouldn't stop... my eyes glazed over, and I stopped caring @_@ seeing it all animated would be great lol.

But the text is so beautiful... The backgrounds are so sharp... So much deep lore... Best game ever...

yurisses

Neo Member
Kino's Journey 01

This is a beautiful episode and a fantastic way to start the series. The opening sequence in the desert demonstrates that Kino is willing to risk her life for her Journey. Once arriving in the country it's clear something is obviously wrong yet everything appears to be functioning. The first person she encounters flees in terror but soon explains what has happened within his country.
It seems everyone is able to communicate through thought, rendering speech pointless. Of course the implications of reading everyone's thoughts has the country in disarray.

When leaving, Kino shares a wordless moment with the unnamed man and communicates only through expression. This interaction emphasize's the episodes themes in such a brilliant yet simple manner.
I like the ending when the man and Kino have a wordless conversation and
the wife listens to the song.
I'm not sure what to make of the main point of the episode though. I guess one of the recurring patterns of the series is that "the world is imperfect, which lends it a kind of beauty" (twisting a little the original Japanese title which is more tautological), and I see this episode as
a strawman as to why imperfect communication is necessary/beautiful, presenting a specifically flawed improvement of communication -- who said telepathy had to be uncontrollable and impossible to turn off?
I think that dystopian settings are interesting when their origins are clever or relatable, and I thought that this episode's premises were neither clever nor relatable. Any viewpoint that can help me "get" it?

DEATH™

I stumbled and read Fuuka and darn its so good, why is this not adapted into anime yet?

That plot twist hit me like a truck!

Sorry, not sorry

Haibane Renmei 01

Show has some kind of surreal setting and atmosphere that I usually enjoy. That whole scene with the wings was fucking disturbing though.

Is this my reward for coming back to AnimeGAF!? Seeing people watch and enjoy Clannad, Kanon and other Key anime? Same with Your Lie in April and Haibane Renmai? There is a God!!! :,)

Is this my reward for coming back to AnimeGAF!? Seeing people watch and enjoy Clannad, Kanon and other Key anime? Same with Your Lie in April and Haibane Renmai? There is a God!!! :,)
Just speaking for myself here since I'm watching Clannad, the interest to start it was always there, Cornbread's "journey log" on here was what pushed me to start it. It's nice to go back in time and watch older stuff, the way things were dealt with, drawn, etc are all very different from today.

Key visual for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Additional Information

Director: Shin Oonuma
Series Director: Hitoshi Tamamura
Series Composition: Shougo Yasukawa
Character Designer: Sei Komatsubara
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Animation Production: Silver Link, Nexus

VA

Ikki - Ryota Osaka
Stella - Shizuka Ishigami
Shizuku - Nao Toyama
Arisu - Shintaro Asanuma

Source

Ranking of Spring Anime so far

AOTS Tier
Kekkai Sensen
Arslan Senki
Gintama

Good
Yamada and the Seven Witches
Plastic Memories
DanMachi
Soma

Meh
Seraph

Guilty Pleasure
Triage
High School DxD

I still need to finish catching up with SNAFU season 2 but I already know it's great. I want to watch Hibiki Euphonium but for some reason it just doesn't interest me or look interesting. I don't know if I'm just burnt out on KyoAni shows these days.

Ranking of Spring Anime so far

AOTS Tier
Kekkai Sensen
Arslan Senki
Gintama

Good
Yamada and the Seven Witches
Plastic Memories
DanMachi
Soma

Meh
Seraph

Guilty Pleasure
Triage
High School DxD

I still need to finish catching up with SNAFU season 2 but I already know it's great. I want to watch Hibiki Euphonium but for some reason it just doesn't interest me or look interesting. I don't know if I'm just burnt out on KyoAni shows these days.
Saw a serious lack of SNAFU on this list, until I read the last paragraph.

I feel like I am one of the only ones still watching Grisaia here lol.

Just speaking for myself here since I'm watching Clannad, the interest to start it was always there, Cornbread's "journey log" on here was what pushed me to start it. It's nice to go back in time and watch older stuff, the way things were dealt with, drawn, etc are all very different from today.

It was just for the longest time on here it felt that MikeHattsu, Cajun and I were the only ones advocating the shows on here. Now everyone seems to be jumping on board, being openminded and giving it a chance. It's great to see people check them out for the first time and enjoying them. :D

Now I am very happy Cornbread watched Clannad. Hopefully, it will get more people to try it out. I know at first it looks like a show one wouldn't enjoy but there's more to it that what you first look at that makes it so great.

Not only is it exciting but it pulls in more fans that can discuss here on the forum and be excited for upcoming Key projects like Charlotte that are coming very soon. :)

It was just for the longest time on here it felt that MikeHattsu, Cajun and I were the only ones advocating the shows on here. Now everyone seems to be jumping on board, being openminded and giving it a chance. It's great to see people check them out for the first time and enjoying them. :)

Not only is it exciting but it pulls in more fans that can discuss here on the forum and be excited for upcoming Key projects like Charlotte that are coming very soon. :)
Ouuuu this looks reaaaally good. Yup, definitely gonna watch this when it releases. I love me a good slice of life, it reminds me of my high school days. I like action, mystery, drama, but I always need a slice of life or two in my life (no pun intended) every season.

I'm either gonna catch up on SNAFU or just wait till it's done airing and watch it in one go.
I like watching it every week, it's my favourite anime of the season. The suspense of having to wait for a week to see what happens next kills me every time, but at the same time it makes watching the weekly episode an even better experience.

Ouuuu this looks reaaaally good. Yup, definitely gonna watch this when it releases. I love me a good slice of life, it reminds me of my high school days. I like action, mystery, drama, but I always need a slice of life or two in my life (no pun intended) every season.

I personally really liked Angel Beats. So another show with PA Works and Jun Maeda sounds awesome. I cannot wait. Although I am currently going back and forth on whether I should wait until I can marathon it it for maximum feels or watch it week by week.

Dandte

Heyho,

i decided to watch FMA Brotherhood, since i never read the manga and my last watch of the old FMA lies way back in the past. So far FMA B is great, everything is well explained and the pacing is perfect, but now there are incredible time skips without any information or explanations what the characters are doing. Sure you get a hint while watching what happens, but it's kinda unsatisfying , it's feels like something is missing. Is it the same in the manga?

jbug617

Banned
Baby Steps S2 6

Ei-chan's harem is setting up?
He already got Natsu and Sasaki. Now the new girl seems to like him.

Also good looking out by Kageyama
for setting those 2 guys straight when they were shit talking Ei-chan.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
SNAFU S2 Ep 6

Am I wrong in thinking Iroha is a better match for Hikki than either of the main girls?

She is the best girl. Hikki and her suit each other very well. Yukino and the other chick can go remain indecisive and awkward.

Yahari S2 - 06

Oh god I had a meeting last week that was just like this. Words were said but nothing of worth or progress were made.
Those fucking hand gestures, when Hachiman attempted to communicate in their way I lost it.

hrclkwxtyj.gif

I honestly thought people would bash on this more than understand it cause not a lot of people understand how BS people who are trying to market ideas are. The Sony E3 press conference with the new prez is the perfect example.

Haibane Renmei 01

Show has some kind of surreal setting and atmosphere that I usually enjoy. That whole scene with the wings was fucking disturbing though.

Time to give this a shot.

Reknoc

Macross Zero

This is probably my favourite Macross thing so far. The aerial combat was really good and didn't use too much of Gerwalk or Batteroid mode so it was more like a sort of Ace Combat anime than anything (thinking on it, the opening to the first episode is pretty similar to the opening to AC4). Last episode got WEIRD though, and not even in the way the show was setting up. There was some straight up newtype astral projecting shit happening towards the end.

Mature

Macross Zero

This is probably my favourite Macross thing so far. The aerial combat was really good and didn't use too much of Gerwalk or Batteroid mode so it was more like a sort of Ace Combat anime than anything (thinking on it, the opening to the first episode is pretty similar to the opening to AC4). Last episode got WEIRD though, and not even in the way the show was setting up. There was some straight up newtype astral projecting shit happening towards the end.
I liked a lot of what Macross Zero did. Fantastic soundtrack too.

Show by Rock!! 06

Shingancrimsonz is the best part of this show. Rom's inspirational speeches and the rest of the band's reactions are golden. I also love how the red haired one always overreacts and everyone just ignores him.

Good episode all around though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom