• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei 01

Show has some kind of surreal setting and atmosphere that I usually enjoy. That whole scene with the wings was fucking disturbing though.

i love the setting and the art so much. Ethereal yet still feels somewhat grounded in a real place. Instantly familiar but with a mysterious layer. Some questions will be answered and some up to your interpretation but you wont forget this show.

She is the best girl. Hikki and her suit each other very well. Yukino and the other chick can go remain indecisive and awkward.

I honestly thought people would bash on this more than understand it cause not a lot of people understand how BS people who are trying to market ideas are. The Sony E3 press conference with the new prez is the perfect example.

Time to give this a shot.

Yes! Watch Haibane Renmei!

Saw a serious lack of SNAFU on this list, until I read the last paragraph.

I feel like I am one of the only ones still watching Grisaia here lol.
you're not alone.
WTF:

geygZaY.jpg

It's the over of a Japanese power metal band called Iron Attack!

I'm ok with this ,
1) they have good taste
2) it's pretty normal considering it's kancolle.

rrvv

Honestly I am quite amuse on how many Fan remix Kancolle music got. Since quite frankly most of their Soundtrack is hardly momorable

Cornbread78

Kanon ep. 10-12
Man, some interesting happenings in these episodes. The
wedding scene with Mikoto was touching and sad at the same time
then, Yuuichi makes a new friend that went through the same thing and predicted more to happen. One person is the girl he sees at lunch, Shiori whom he was just told
was the younger sister of another classmate possibly, wtf
then
Ayu moves in
she has no backstory other than being a childhood friend, but everything else is unknown. She must be another
fox, or a ghost..
getting interesting, especially with the Mei stuff at the ball..

What are they actually remixing? The in game music?

Some touhou remixes are the thing of beauty , i can't even see the link between the original music sometimes and they are so good ( listening to them while i drive to work ) . The japan doujin remix scene is quite healthy. I have no regrets spending money every comiket ( thanks to a friend i can get my own copy , YEAH ! ).

---------------------------
Hello kirino Mosaic - 06

more character develloppement , all while karen remain awesome and the rest of the cast hold steady . The insane parfait challenge was straight out of Persona 4, meanwhile the character relationships get more complex to my pleasure.

Excellent episode !

Cornbread78

Clannad After story 1-9

This is kinda boring. Why should I care about this background chracter

Oh, you will. There is a reason S1 was set up the way it was. There was a reason for all of it.. Trust me, just get to know the characters better and enjoy the final ride. Oh, try to watch the last 6-7 episodes at once...

Midonin

Re-Kan! 06

Gal characters can be sympathetic! I wouldn't mind having more as main characters, or at least the subject of focus episodes. You show me Hibiki in a good mood, and I'll show you a happy medium.

High School DxD BorN 06

Don't ever stop with wordplay, even if it involves boobs. Also, knowing that Irina is part of a similar organization that uses a card-based system makes me want to see a spinoff focusing around Irina's angel squad. Is this a ploy so I can hear more Mayayan? Yes. Yes it is.

F/SN UBW 18

I can see why this route was chosen for a movie the first time around, but it works better with more buildup. Shiro's greatest enemy has always been
himself
. Just like his old man. Except perhaps more literal.

Plastic Memories 06

Curious what sort of angle the show is going to take from here. Most of its cards are on the table.

Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic 06

Honoka doesn't have a lot to her personality so far, but she is cute in what she has. The parfait challenge was a fun side of Yoko that isn't seen very often, and the flashback with the teachers was cute.

Eden of Grisaia 04

Thank goodness we're out of this flashback. It's not the longest flashback ever committed to anime, but now the show can start moving and the girls can get involved in the plot again. I've been waiting for this moment. Because no matter how smart-alecky and skilled with a gun he thinks he is, there's no way Yuuji can confront his demons alone. He needs help. Big time.

Yamada Witches 05

Witch Detector. Put that on your resume.

Eden of Grisaia 04

Flashback is over, that
death scene
was very good. You really feel that something happenned in yuuji.

Yuuji really needs helps now , hopefully the cast will deliver on that point.

Arcadius

Banned
Kanon ep. 10-12
Man, some interesting happenings in these episodes. The
wedding scene with Mikoto was touching and sad at the same time
then, Yuuichi makes a new friend that went through the same thing and predicted more to happen. One person is the girl he sees at lunch, Shiori whom he was just told
was the younger sister of another classmate possibly, wtf
then
Ayu moves in
she has no backstory other than being a childhood friend, but everything else is unknown. She must be another
fox, or a ghost..
getting interesting, especially with the Mei stuff at the ball..

Ahaha; I think you're really going to enjoy how it builds up.

Baby Steps 2 6:
Ei-chan picking up more members of his harem. I guess he just exudes something that makes every girl flock to him. The Ei-chan/Nat-chan interactions remain a joy in this show. I loved their final scene together. It looks like they can both aim for certain heights together, which will be nice.

We also return to school for most of the episode, and although there's not a whole lot going on, we do see Kageyama being a real bro and sticking up for Ei-chan when he isn't around. That was a nice scene. I also liked the focus on muscle training we saw at the beginning of the episode. Aoi is a pretty resourceful coach, and he's giving Ei-chan some good advice in order to build his own serve in the best way.

Symphogear 04

I didn't realize the blood covered girl bleeding from everywhere on her face was from this so I got that now. I'm bad at putting 2 and 2 together.

Uh..this show is still dumb and not super great but for some reason I don't feel like dropping it yet, even though I could be watching Gintama instead

Symphogear 05 first 3 minutes

There's a naked woman wearing nothing but high heels and stockings in a room full of torture equipment speaking VERY, VERY BAD ENGRISH. Like, this is worse then Five in Zankyou no Terror and Kaji at the start of 2.22. Amazing in it's own right. Maybe this show is actually good???

Jarmel

Banned
Show by Rock-6
This was the best episode this season. What this episode taught me is that Igarashi needs to never work with Enokido again and throw Enokido's ass to the curb. The direction was on point.
ibfgxCI3OxZRGj.jpg

It's not exactly subtle but it still works.
I mean it has great reaction faces, well handled drama and a nice climax, fantastic storyboarding, some nice sakuga cuts, fun comedic pieces, and really good OST work. Like the OST was phenomenal this episode with the woodwind cover of the OP or the piano piece in the bath. Also the song bringing everybody together totally reminded me of Star Driver/Captain Earth lol.
iCY0FyPzf8CNK.jpg

They went all out with the reaction shots.
Like why is Igarashi doing better work on other people's shows than his own?
Great job all around.

cajunator

Banned
Show by Rock-6

This was the best episode this season. What this episode taught me is that Igarashi needs to never work with Enokido again and throw Enokido's ass to the curb. The direction was on point this episode.

I mean it has great reaction faces, well handled drama and a nice climax, fantastic storyboarding, some nice sakuga cuts, fun comedic pieces, and really good OST work. Like the OST was phenomenal this episode with the woodwind cover of the OP or the piano piece in the bath. Also the song bringing everybody together totally reminded me of Star Driver/Captain Earth lol.

Like why is Igarashi doing better work on other people's shows than his own?

Great job all around.

This show is actually really good. Like, beyond how adorably attractive it is, its actually competently made.

Ojamajo Doremi 2:
This is a great body swap episode, only in episode 2. The episode does a great job using the premise to explore Doremi and Hadzuki's different reactions to their home lives, and it has some nice, heartfelt moments. The good job the show has done setting up the characters from the get go means that I feel like I understand the characters enough for this to work despite it only being the second episode. Doremi's parents are also pretty hilarious. The argument between them was really funny. The show remains an extremely charming viewing experience, and it manages to turn on its head several times during the episode.

Macross Zero

This is probably my favourite Macross thing so far. The aerial combat was really good and didn't use too much of Gerwalk or Batteroid mode so it was more like a sort of Ace Combat anime than anything (thinking on it, the opening to the first episode is pretty similar to the opening to AC4). Last episode got WEIRD though, and not even in the way the show was setting up. There was some straight up newtype astral projecting shit happening towards the end.

Wow, really? I've always thought Macross Zero was the weakest part of the franchise other than Macross II (which doesn't exist).

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 06

Curious what sort of angle the show is going to take from here. Most of its cards are on the table.

Definitely, I can't wait to see how
the last month left for Isla
goes between them now that it's out in the open. Isla has to talk to Tsuk about it at some point, and that should be another great moment for the show. Also, the change of emotions from happy to sad and back to happy in this one was awesome that returning home moment was great; very touching..

Much of it gets answered I believe.

Oh, it is gonna get fun then, isn't it. I better not be brought to tears, lol

SNAFU Too 6

Dem jazzhand.gif
Big empty words from other student council

I was actually laughing out loud when Hikids started doing the hand movements and garbled nonsense back. Also, the class pres. needs to develop a pair and fight back instead of just nodding and approving everything. Hiki has to save her and the student council next week; I bet Yuki is gonna be pissed h ran solo with this one.

Arslan Senki 6

Waiting every week to watch this anime is so unbearably hard. I really want to know more and more about the story, it's so good. I really liked Sam for the little time he was shown, too bad he had to get slashed down.😑 Seriously though I want to know the reason as to why Kharlan switched sides, what the heck did he find out that was so significant? Anyways I can't wait till Gieve finally joins Arslan's group, he's pretty much a playful pimp.

I can't wait till this beauty joins the group.😏

Dance in the Vampire Bund - 01 & 02

This is a weird one. The introduction was told mostly through a TV show, and the topic was whether vampires exist, which was the majority of the first episode.
It felt quite odd, but I would lie if I said it wasn't effective on me. And then there is the whole business with the outcast
vampire turning into a chameleon or something.
- Odd, but memorable.
The follow up beginning felt more familiar as an introduction, delving further into another main character. We have; Amnesia, attack helicopter, loli bare chest, lubrication of said loli body. Assassins, fucking spider-vampire, and main character
turning into a werewolf
My mind going through this episode was basically "wtf is happening?". Along with that we have some nice environment shots, as well as some classic shaft (shinbou?) close ups. I think there is some kind of chromatic aberration filter going on.
I'm kinda intrigued to see where this is going, but right now I feel it can go either way on the scale.

Midonin

Maoyuu 04-06

That cow-girl. She was only on screen for a few seconds in a hypothetical flashback, and she makes Effie look to have a normal bust size in comparison. The proportions are off to the point that it's not appealing - the Queen has much better proportions - but wow. That's not something you see in anime ever day.

While the old man confirmed that our hero (this lack of names still bugs me a bit, though I understand why it was there) is powerful, superhumanly so, he's also the kind of powerful character that still feels and behaves and doubts and makes mistakes like a regular human. All-powerful doesn't mean immoral. Or at least, it shouldn't.

Her Majesty has been doing so well at avoiding battles all series that it was tough that at least one had to happen, with some major losses - the entire scene was dyed red, and it wasn't just the sunset - that it makes those potatoes look small after all. I'm also liking the interplay between the three maids. Also, amusing bit of trivia? Both of the sister maids have played Chitoge Kirisaki at some point.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 3

Another good episode.

So Shinji, to his dismay, is still piloting Unit 01. Everyone in his class is super impressed with him with the exception of one dude, who blames Shinji for getting his sister in the hospital and beats him up.

Said dude and his friend go to see the giant robot in action, but surprise surprise, they get caught in the crossfire and have to hitch a ride. It's there that they see just how much of a wreck Shinji is when he's piloting that thing.

Realizing he's been a real douche, the guy begins to call Shinji to apologize, but stops mid-dial. Presumably because he can't find it in him to forgive Shinji for what happened to his sister. All that with no dialogue. Dude just stops and walks away.

I love it when shows let scenes play out by themselves like that.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Dance in the Vampire Bund - 01 & 02

This is a weird one. The introduction was told mostly through a TV show, and the topic was whether vampires exist, which was the majority of the first episode.
It felt quite odd, but I would lie if I said it wasn't effective on me. And then there is the whole business with the outcast
vampire turning into a chameleon or something.
- Odd, but memorable.

The follow up beginning felt more familiar as an introduction, delving further into another main character. We have; Amnesia, attack helicopter, loli bare chest, lubrication of said loli body. Assassins, fucking spider-vampire, and main character
turning into a werewolf
My mind going through this episode was basically "wtf is happening?". Along with that we have some nice environment shots, as well as some classic shaft (shinbou?) close ups. I think there is some kind of chromatic aberration filter going on.
I'm kinda intrigued to see where this is going, but right now I feel it can go either way on the scale.

I watched this before and I swear there is more scene changes in this than 5 runtimes of Face-Off.

Yamada-kun and the 7 witches - 04

Someone is certainly NOT carefull with a power like this.

I know i must take this anime as a comedy but still , Please , please be carefull next time, ok ?

Grisaia 04
Flashback is over, the whole thing was quite nice. I always thought Yuuji was this stone cold character just because, but the flashbacks showed us what happened to him up to this point, and that at multiple points he actually showed emotion towards others. Right at the end of this episode we see it again, he will have to face his past once again.

Arslan 06
And so the story of our hero finally begins. On the next episode.

Jarmel

Banned
So considering I didn't have a chance to remind people about the deadline for the Top Anime OST stuff, I'm extending the deadline for another couple of weeks until 3 AM EST on May 24.

Yes, I didn't forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom