• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scared for Prison School guys.

It's going to be Liden or IMS isn't it?

I hope it's good. Designs are accurate, at least.

Gunbuster 01

So this is what Anno worked on before Evangelion. Fairly typical super robo (am I using this definition right?) fare with triangle punches and lightning kicks. It amuses me that they do push ups and laps around the field in their robots as their training regiment.

Amano chosen as one of the pilots in the space campaign when she can barely stand in her mech was a bit surprising. The shoujo bullying really escalated after that announcement. Verbal abuse, mecha vandalism and (gasp) even tacks on her seat! This was resolved rather quickly with the school yard mecha fight but it's not that surprising given this series is only 6 episodes long.

I'd say Gunbuster is super robot, but not on the same level as Diebuster

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've never heard of someone not being aware that chili and cornbread are typically paired together, much less thinking that it sounds gross. This is the most offensive opinion in this thread since the last person who admitted to liking Eureka Seven AO.

I like a lot of stuff this thread doesn't like but I found AO almost offensive.

Cornbread78

Sabagebu!-Survival Game Club! Ep.2
Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about this one; fucking hilarious! Great 1 liners throughout and hilarious action.
did she really just shoot her I'm the head after she surrendered, them after they called a tie, she shoots the girl in the face to break it...
omfg, so good. I can't watch anymore tonight, I'll wake everyone up with my laughter.

Gunbuster 01

So this is what Anno worked on before Evangelion. Fairly typical super robo (am I using this definition right?) fare with triangle punches and lightning kicks. It amuses me that they do push ups and laps around the field in their robots as their training regiment.

Amano chosen as one of the pilots in the space campaign when she can barely stand in her mech was a bit surprising. The shoujo bullying really escalated after that announcement. Verbal abuse, mecha vandalism and (gasp) even tacks on her seat! This was resolved rather quickly with the school yard mecha fight but it's not that surprising given this series is only 6 episodes long.

E: oh, another thing to note. Apparently this is supposed to take place in 2015. Where are my school yard mechas Japan?!?

Gunbuster is most definitely super robot. Many mecha fans think Gunbuster when they think super robot.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That reminds me, I remember watching that a long time ago and not really enjoying it until the Stoner Sunshine and the final battle. I went into it without any knowledge of previous Getter stuff and I found that did more harm than good with regards to how much I understood what was going on or who the characters were.

I've been thinking of giving it a rewatch once I've finished reading the manga so I can go into it with the proper background.

Armageddon is still my only point of contact with the Getter franchise, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it throughout. The first episode is disorienting if you don't know who the characters are, but I found it relatively easy to infer their relationships to each other and treated it like an original work rather than puzzling over its place in a larger mythos. It's an alternate timeline in its own canon, so having a rounded knowledge of the cast is less important than it would be in one of the television seasons as they're "not themselves" anyway. One just has to accept that Getter Rays can do anything and virtually everything falls into place.

I'm due a rewatch as well, but I want it to be as a part of Imagawa's full body of work so it would come after a future Giant Robo watch (which I've still never seen, shame on me.)

cajunator

Banned
Sabagebu!-Survival Game Club! Ep.1
OK, just watched this one on break and yeah, definitely funny stuff; adult humor, action scenes, jumping on your friends dead/dying body to get the final kill, awesome.. This will be a fun one to watch if it stays like this episode, lol.

Also, are there any other adult comedies similar to Golden Boy out there?

Man youre in for a treat.

New key visual for Jitsu wa Watashi wa

hmmm. Im interested. Is this another monster girl show?

Ore Monogatari!! 6

Gv4fIO7.gif

These two are so goddamn cute oh my God.

Man this arc was even funnier in the anime than in manga. Suna and Takeo totally leveled up their friendship and I commend them for using protection haha.

Suna's sister and Yamato discussing Takeo and the plastic wrap scene were hilarious. Great stuff.

I wonder how cute they would like dancing a Cajun dance.

Why do some Studios love moeifying character designs? Was it really necessary, sheesh.��

Yes it was entirely necessary~!

Resistance is futile.
Bowl-of-Chili-with-Cornbread-iStock.jpg

Reminds me that I need to add Soma to my future marathon list.

Oh my god yes you do. One of the best anime of 2015 that isnt Show By Rock.

Simoun 01 Wat

Great series. Very weird but a surprisingly good story and characters.
Also lots of girls kissing. Lots.

Have any of you seen this gem?? Saw it in the cringe thread and I'm dying. I think this is the culprit who wrote that "I'm japanese on the inside" poem

This makes me legit sad.

90's anime, where art thou? Why hasn't there been a resurgence of strictly drawing good quality anime? Does no one have any passion for the art of it?!

Its already fucked up. First this, watch, Prison School is not gonna get what it deserves.

A lot of great looking animation has been made since then.

Character designs for Himouto! Umaru-chan

A bit generic but I like blue haired girl.

Sabagebu!-Survival Game Club! Ep.2
Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about this one; fucking hilarious! Great 1 liners throughout and hilarious action.
did she really just shoot her I'm the head after she surrendered, them after they called a tie, she shoots the girl in the face to break it...
omfg, so good. I can't watch anymore tonight, I'll wake everyone up with my laughter.

it maintains this balance throughout. Such a great comedy. The main girl is such a jerk but that makes her great. The girl Sakura in Binbougami ga acts very similarly.

Gunbuster 02

Super robos go AWOL into a Star Destroyer housing an Amygdala. I'm impressed by the art within the mechas. It's very reminiscent of what the 80s thought future technology would look like but it's impressive how much detail there is within the cockpit.

Who said fanservice was an invention of recent anime? They're not afraid to bare all in this mecha. The time space relativity bit when they traveled to uncover an unidentified object only served to remind me of Nolan's recent work. I'll see you in the future past my friends.

Cross- Ange 1-end

What a catastrophic waste of my fucking time. There's so many god damn plot holes and unanswered questions-never mind that stupidity of the our main antagonist Embyro. This whole fucking thing is nothing more than another version of SEED Destiny with lots of convienent scenes where Tusk aka Jesus Yamato falls into Anges crotch. Ange is probably the least liked main protagonists I've ever hated. Never watching a Fukuda anime again.

Chiaka 1-6

Bailing on this shit as well. I need good anime badly right now :/

Gourmet girl graffiti 1-2

Ridiculous moe bait food orgasms that put Souma "disrobing" to shame almost.

Narag

Cross- Ange 1-end

What a catastrophic waste of my fucking time. There's so many god damn plot holes and unanswered questions-never mind that stupidity of the our main antagonist Embyro. This whole fucking thing is nothing more than another version of SEED Destiny with lots of convienent scenes where Tusk aka Jesus Yamato falls into Anges crotch. Ange is probably the least liked main protagonists I've ever hated. Never watching a Fukuda anime again.

Jexhius had a good post about why it went to shit.

ibyea

Banned
Hibike Euphonium 1-4
I like it. It looks gorgeous, has great attention to details, and a decent story of an instructor trying to put an apathetic club into shape (I do have to wonder if they gave no fucks at all how come they raised their hands to go to the nationals). The protagonist Kumiko is very indecisive, which is a bit annoying, but she gets better in episode 4, and overall she is a good character. Her two friends are one note cliche characters, unfortunately. Kousaka is my favorite character because she shows goddamn initiative and cares unlike everyone else. The one thing inherent to the visual I don't like is that all the girls have blush stickers, like they are permanently sick with a flu or something.

Lurky

Hey guys! Anyone remember me? As some of you may or may not know, I've been gone for about three months. What are the good shows that I've missed? Anything with loli is appreciated.

Lurky

Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki are really good shows airing this spring season.

Plus Kekkai has this amazing Loli with a wonderful voice.

hmm Interesting... So I didn't miss anything good from last season? I'll check out those shows you mentioned later tonight.

Also, I have no idea what the above post is.

cajunator

Banned
Cross- Ange 1-end

Chiaka 1-6

Bailing on this shit as well. I need good anime badly right now :/

Gourmet girl graffiti 1-2

Ridiculous moe bait food orgasms that put Souma "disrobing" to shame almost.

Is that good or bad in Gourmet Graffitis case?

Hey guys! Anyone remember me? As some of you may or may not know, I've been gone for about three months. What are the good shows that I've missed? Anything with loli is appreciated.

Lurkyyyyyy! *squeezes
Watch Show By Rock!

GTO 1-3

....It's shows like this that makes me wonder what the real divide is for what people over-react to.

Anyway, I loved this. Facials galore, the cafeteria lady was the best. I knew she was from when I saw her. A sign that maybe I truly understand older wome- er I mean, I saw this coming given that I watched Yes! Pretty Cure 5, where I believe it was inspired by GTO to have a cafeteria lady actually be the Principal.

I honestly didn't know it was even possible to have a voice/vocal mannerisms like that. It's just so... bizarre and REALLY unsettling.

The amazing part is the Voice Actor is in her fifties I believe, which is really amazing. I have to say that has to be one of my favorite voices in anime.

She also voiced Togepi from Pokemon.

hmm Interesting... So I didn't miss anything good from last season? I'll check out those shows you mentioned later tonight.

Also, I have no idea what the above post is.

Both are really good shows especially Kekkai Sensen. Arslan is a coming of age story of a prince with historic background. It's a bit slow paced but damn is it really good. Kekkai Sensen has an enjoyable cast of characters, brilliant setting, great OST, best Opening, best Ending, and lots of western influence. It's a bit episodic but it does have a story which is nonlinear and it's a anime that shows rather than tell most of its information.

Both are really great anime.

When I first saw that picture for DanMachi I thought Bell was a girl and the show was about two girls running dungeons and getting hit on.

I disappointed myself, would've been the most realistic portrayal of MMOs yet

Tusk was awful. He's like a generic mecha protag in a generic mecha show, except he's in neither of those things.

And he blocked the TRUE, CANONICAL HILDA X ANGE ENDING

(EVIDENCE HERE)

The evidence continues to mount. I wonder why they back pedaled like that when the whole show was clearly meant to be yuri-bait.

Is that good or bad in Gourmet Graffitis case?

Good I guess? Though stand by on that cause my opinions change rapidly if I see a hint of something I don't like. All I can say is watching the show makes me hungry and lots of close up shots of "erotic" tasting.

Lurky

Both are really good shows especially Kekkai Sensen. Arslan is a coming of age story of a prince with historic background. It's a bit slow paced but damn is it really good. Kekkai Sensen has an enjoyable cast of characters, brilliant setting, great OST, best Opening, best Ending, and lots of western influence. It's a bit episodic but it does have a story which is nonlinear and it's a anime that shows rather than tell most of its information.

Both are really great anime.

Sounds good. I'll check them out right now before going to sleep. I'll tell you my impressions some time tomorrow.

Gunbuster 03

I love the detail and animation of the how the ships function and the mechas. The battle was quite frantic and it was difficult to tell what was going on. However, I assume that was the director's intent as Tayaka fumbled around clearly flustered by the battle around her. The introduction
and death
of Smith just seemed to serve as a character growth for Tayaka. However, I didn't expect it would happen that soon.

Interesting. I imagine this only works for certain cereals though; fruity pebbles would be a poor choice.

Probably.

It's good with chocolate cereals. Corn Flakes also works as well. I believe the general line of Captain Crunch also works.

madp I might be wrong, but I get some Majin Bone vibes from your ava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom