• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyrozetter Episode 36
CE-SStLUEAAjZRd.png
CE-TKXOUUAA1wwj.png

Onsen episode. I wish all mecha had onsen episodes. Really fun moments with Touma in there,and then our favorites. I wish Shunsuke could have been there too but well :(

Dancing Gyrozetters were hilarious.

Ojamajo Doremi 6:
This was a pretty nice episode. Aiko's naivety was pretty funny, with her readily believing Nobuko's lies at first. Much of the first half of the episode was really funny in that regard, but then things got serious when Nobuko went a little too far. It's very understandable that for Aiko this would be the lie that set her over the edge. The rest of the episode was a pretty well done look at what happens after kids get into a fight, and seeing them reconcile at the end was well earned. Nobuko's storybook characters were funny, especially with Doremi just being a dog in the story. She's unlucky no matter what, I guess.

It's really a testament to the writing of this show that they can do an episode like this and have it be carried by nothing more than a small dispute between classmates. The stakes might be lower, but they really feel just as high as anything else.

jordisok

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Episode 1 + 2 (Season 1 I guess?) Never posted a recap like this before so idk the rules for spoilers and that so please shout at me if I fuck up :D

This has been on my to-watch list since forever mostly because everything I've seen from it looks ridiculously fun.

So Dio's really something, huh? The story seems quite condensed (? If that's the right word). It doesn't really play any subtlety to the characters motivations at all which I really liked.
I actually wasn't expecting the mask to come into play so soon? Or for it to be a vampire-y angle I wonder if it's as obvious as that!
I don't know how I feel about how it looks :|, it's definitely different, something about the character designs combined with the gentleman/nobility angle is kinda amusing though. Weird to see Victorian England as a setting too! and Rugby!? Always get a kick out of weird historical references in anime too
Jack The Ripper!

oh + the ED is absolutely amazing!

phaze

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Episode 1 + 2 (Season 1 I guess?) Never posted a recap like this before so idk the rules for spoilers and that so please shout at me if I fuck up :D

This has been on my to-watch list since forever mostly because everything I've seen from it looks ridiculously fun.

So Dio's really something, huh? The story seems quite condensed (? If that's the right word). It doesn't really play any subtlety to the characters motivations at all which I really liked.
I actually wasn't expecting the mask to come into play so soon? Or for it to be a vampire-y angle I wonder if it's as obvious as that!
I don't know how I feel about how it looks :|, it's definitely different, something about the character designs combined with the gentleman/nobility angle is kinda amusing though. Weird to see Victorian England as a setting too! and Rugby!? Always get a kick out of weird historical references in anime too
Jack The Ripper!

oh + the ED is absolutely amazing!

The show looks like ass in the beginning but improves a lot in the next seasons.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 03
This should turn into the story of how Asahina conquers her own demons and learns how to stand up to the psycho bully aka Haruhi. I swear I've heard the voice actor of the former before. Sakura from FSN maybe ? Or it's just that they have the same character traits and schtick.

This episode also had the most uncomfortable tea drinking ever and
aliens.
That sure escalated quickly.

Puruzi

Banned
Sabagebu is a better comedy than Nozaki-kun.

Sabagebu's Momoka is more scumbag than Ange.
Yes to both.

Momoka is the best anime protag that I've seen in a long while.

Urara is the best lesbian too, but I haven't watched that new anime this season yet so I dunno

phaze

Sabagebu petered out after first two episodes for me. Still had a few moments of brilliance, (the crab segment, the cinderella spoof) but I would rate Nozaki higher.

Let's just agree that D-Frag was much better than either of them.

Midonin

Etotama 06

One thing I really like about this show's battles is most - save for one or two - are more tests of skill and puzzles rather than pure violence. It's challenging different parts of Nya~tan's brain, and the viewers. Mostly. It's still a goofy comedy at heart. Seeing Kii and Inu working in tandem is amusing given their animals' history, and while Nya~tan is at least a little morally sketchy in her desire to get ahead - kinda like Bender, for that matter - the speech at the end of the episode was genuinely heartfelt enough that it worked. Plus she got a wicked new Rider Kick out of it. Still the feel-good show of Thursday! Can't wait for the character songs!

Plus these characters are just made to be reproduced as Nendoroids.

Cornbread78

Cornbread, a moment of your time, please.

When you finish Sabagebu, I would like you to watch Stella C3. It's also on CR, and I would love to know your thoughts on it. I'm one of the few who liked it more than Sabagebu, and I want to know what you think. I'm not going to give you any preconceived notions, merely that I'd recommend it to you and some of my recommendations

Stella Women's Academy High School Division Class C3 ep. 1-4

Ok, well, I took a break from Sabagebu since you can pick it up and watch at any time and started watching this... Straight away, this series has a totaly different tone and feel to it than Sabagebu; they are not even close. Stella has a "slice of life" tone to it and feels like it will go through Yura's "coming of age" story. It's does not feel geared towards a drama, a comedy and/or anything else thus far; it's just there. Does a central plot develope in the story line for the series? Does it turn Madoka at some point. Does one of teh members confuse the airsoft gun for a real one and go on a rampage? It's the blond one, right? I'll keep watching to see where it goes, but so far Sabagebu was much more entertaining. This feels like a lighthearted romp through a teanager's school time.

Midonin

Something happens at the midpoint. It's a deeply emotional story, with a bit of dream logic going for it. Get in that mindset, and you might be able to see what it's trying to say.

Symphogear 11

"I'M GOING TO BLOW UP THE MOON BECAUSE SOMETHING ABOUT THE TOWER OF BABEL AND A CURSE!"

Villains really need to stop trying to blow up the Moon. She even blew off like, 1/5th of it. Which should be more then enough to kill us all anyway. Thanks.

Chris better not have died. Sacrificing herself when she was just coming around, some ol bullshit right there. Also gotta give credit to the guy shooting Fine for aiming for her exposed underboob in her dumb armor. It bounced off for some reason but whatever.

Cornbread78

Something happens at the midpoint. It's a deeply emotional story, with a bit of dream logic going for it. Get in that mindset, and you might be able to see what it's trying to say.

I'm going to take a quick Etotama/lunch break then continue later to see where it goes, I'm almost at the halfway point. I had a feeling something was going to change to propel the story (it's a slice of life afterall) so we'll see where they take it. I was supossed to be taking a break for these emotional stories after Angel Beats yesterday as well, lol.

Stella Women's Academy High School Division Class C3 ep. 1-4

Ok, well, I took a break from Sabagebu since you can pick it up and watch at any time and started watching this... Straight away, this series has a totaly different tone and feel to it than Sabagebu; they are not even close. Stella has a "slice of life" tone to it and feels like it will go through Yura's "coming of age" story. It's does not feel geared towards a drama, a comedy and/or anything else thus far; it's just there. Does a central plot develope in the story line for the series? Does it turn Madoka at some point. Does one of teh members confuse the airsoft gun for a real one and go on a rampage? It's the blond one, right? I'll keep watching to see where it goes, but so far Sabagebu was much more entertaining. This feels like a lighthearted romp through a teanager's school time.

C3 was entertaining in it's own way. But the only similarities they share is an airsoft club, the tones are wildly different. Especially in later episodes of C3.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sabagebu has like two tepidly funny episodes and then permanently descends into anime shouty humor. Episode seven is unintentionally hilarious if you've seen Earth Maiden Arjuna, though.

Sabagebu petered out after first two episodes for me. Still had a few moments of brilliance, (the crab segment, the cinderella spoof) but I would rate Nozaki higher.

Yup. Nozaki was a lot more consistent but the highs in Sabagebu were hysterical.

Let's just agree that D-Frag was much better than either of them.

Nawwwwwwwwwww. Besides Barfy I dont really remember much from D Frag.

petran79

Banned
C3 was entertaining in it's own way. But the only similarities they share is an airsoft club, the tones are wildly different. Especially in later episodes of C3.

Series was OK for the most part but it totally derails itself in the last 1/4. Last episode is really bad. As if they said "screw you" to all their fans.

Cornbread78

Etotama ep.6:
Ok, I still love this show for being so damn cute and fun! The Battle was a lot of fun again this week and that new move she learned was pretty damn sweet. It's obvious the battles are done completely in CG, but they really look good! That rat chick just sucks in general and will be the death of the show, literally....

duckroll

Mad Max Fury Road

The closest thing to a live action Redline without all the sexism and misogyny, and with characterization and action set pieces which actually makes the audience give a shit.

Vito

Banned
Asano's designs for the October noitamina anime: http://www.f-noitamina.com/

Plus the color ones: http://someimage.com/lSA6 (I dumped the pics from the website).

New series on noitamina this October, adapting Hiroshi Mori’s, Subete ga F ni Naru - The Perfect Insider. Inio Asano is doing the original character designs, directed by Mamoru Kanbe at A-1 Pictures. Series composition is handled by Toshiya Ono, while Kenji Kawai is in charge of music.

"PV" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATfHbzg0nEs

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There kinda has been?

There has been I want more of them!

uhhhhhh Space Dandy and Ping Pong, for starters, and those were both from last year.

Just two though. I thought I would have more comrades ;_;

Watch more anime.

I already have enough as is.

Gunbuster 01

So this is what Anno worked on before Evangelion. Fairly typical super robo (am I using this definition right?) fare with triangle punches and lightning kicks. It amuses me that they do push ups and laps around the field in their robots as their training regiment.

Amano chosen as one of the pilots in the space campaign when she can barely stand in her mech was a bit surprising. The shoujo bullying really escalated after that announcement. Verbal abuse, mecha vandalism and (gasp) even tacks on her seat! This was resolved rather quickly with the school yard mecha fight but it's not that surprising given this series is only 6 episodes long.

E: oh, another thing to note. Apparently this is supposed to take place in 2015. Where are my school yard mechas Japan?!?

Another great show.

Etotama - 06

Probably my favorite episode so far. Great fight, fun moments and progression. Based Shima-tan

anslgc.gif

xzgwzs.gif

Wow, that's good.

I was supossed to be taking a break for these emotional stories after Angel Beats yesterday as well, lol.

http://www.hulu.com/tamako-market

Tamako Market is a cute little slice-of-life story that shares a few tales from one year in the Bunny Mountain shopping district. It gets (IMO) a overabundance of criticism from Western fans due to the expectations put upon it to have a central romance due to a catchphrase being "everybody loves somebody" despite not focusing on romantic love all the time. If you go in expecting a warm comedy with a varied cast of characters and a talking bird, you'll be fine.

(There's also a movie sequel that does focus on the romance which isn't available with subtitles legally now that is much better as a work.)

Durarara X2 10

Did the episode just end with Witch Hazel's laugh? I couldn't have misheard that right?

Anyways good episode. Looking forward the the last two episodes.

Leave it to gintama , to make a joke about a serious arc, while moking all the shonen series in existence and still start a flashback when you don't expect it.

http://www.hulu.com/tamako-market

Tamako Market is a cute little slice-of-life story that shares a few tales from one year in the Bunny Mountain shopping district. It gets (IMO) a overabundance of criticism from Western fans due to the expectations put upon it to have a central romance due to a catchphrase being "everybody loves somebody" despite not focusing on romantic love all the time. If you go in expecting a warm comedy with a varied cast of characters and a talking bird, you'll be fine.

(There's also a movie sequel that does focus on the romance which isn't available with subtitles legally now that is much better as a work.)
Tamako Market was very "Meh" specially after watching Hyouka. The movie was great though, the bird not being there made me enjoy it 10x more.

ibyea

Banned
Sound! Euphonium - 03

- Hearing Kousaka play Dvorak on trumpet was nice. You could also tell by her breathing, intonation, and pitch sustainability that she is a younger player than a professional, which gives a massive sense of realism to their talent thresholds for this show. It sounds like how a pretty decent high school student would sound, as opposed to a professional. It's a really nice sense of realism for the playing. I originally thought they'd all sound like pros for a TV anime, but it's really grounded in being authentic.

Wow, this is an amazing level of detail.

Triage X - 06

Lol the
security chief
was supicious from the first second he appeared.
As for this plan , i have to admit that , as a distraction it was good , i guess the plan was the fall of the power grid, but still , what a roundabout way to reach this conclusion.

I'm certainly not believing that cliffanger.
PS: I certainly want to know the person that can run at full speed , in the dark , without a hearthbeat. now you're shitting me triage X !!

Holy shit the Dub for Kekkai is actually good. Man the voice for Femt is on spot.

Now mind you it isn't better than the Japanese voices but it's still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom