• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Haven't watched the newest Ninja Slayer, but it sort of seems like they dovetailed the two aspects of that show that two separate types of viewer were looking for into a thing ultimately nobody wants to watch.

Simoun 06
She is still feeling down.
The other chick is giving up on her.
5fH0mKIm.png

Ep 07 Everyone wants to pair with pink hair.
Disbanded
? get yo shit together pink.

Jarmel

Banned
Haven't watched the newest Ninja Slayer, but it sort of seems like they dovetailed the two aspects of that show that two separate types of viewer were looking for into a thing ultimately nobody wants to watch.

That's pretty much exactly what happened. The non-flashkuga stuff is too bad to be enjoyable.

Thoraxes

I'll buy KMB blurays as a tribute.

by the way, newcomers should also check out Joshiraku if you enjoy comedy. although its VERY Japanese.

Kumeta's style permeates the whole thing. It's great.

Gorgeous. Very talented composer.

He's easily my favorite living composer, and one of my overall favorites as well! I try to buy/import everything he releases in a lossless format if I can help it!

cajunator

Banned
I'll buy KMB blurays as a tribute.

Kumeta's style permeates the whole thing. It's great.

He's easily my favorite living composer, and one of my overall favorites as well! I try to buy/import everything he releases in a lossless format if I can help it!

Thats pretty awesome.
Do you know the names of the composers who did sora no woto and Chihayafuru? Cause I really love those too. and space bros while we're at it.

Thoraxes

Thats pretty awesome.
Do you know the names of the composers who did sora no woto and Chihayafuru? Cause I really love those too. and space bros while we're at it.

Sora no Woto composer; Oshima Michiru

Chihayafuru composer; Yamashita Kousuke

Space Bros composer; Watanabe Toshiyuki

I also really loveeeeeed the soundtrack for One Week Friends. I highly recommend looking it up if interested! It's by Nobuko Toda. Most of her works are in other mediums like movies and video games as both a composer and orchestrator. Of note she worked/is working on stuff like the Metal Gear Solid titles, Halo 4+5, FFXIV ARR, and others. Looking on youtube, it seems all the stuff from One Week Friends on there is transposed to get past the YT content ID system.

cajunator

Banned
Sora no Woto composer; Oshima Michiru

Chihayafuru composer; Yamashita Kousuke

Space Bros composer; Watanabe Toshiyuki

I also really loveeeeeed the soundtrack for One Week Friends. I highly recommend looking it up if interested! It's by Nobuko Toda. Most of her works are in other mediums like movies and video games as both a composer and orchestrator. Of note she worked/is working on stuff like the Metal Gear Solid titles, Halo 4+5, FFXIV ARR, and others. Looking on youtube, it seems all the stuff from One Week Friends on there is transposed to get past the YT content ID system.

you are the goddamned AWESOMEBEAR

Acosta

Yesterday I catched up with SNAFU S2...

Jesus, it´s me or the show it´s more hard to watch than before? It has been always a bit awkward, but I felt the first one balanced it with a bit of comic relief. But now it has got really serious, full time.

The train wreck of the Kioto travel was hard to swallow as a starter. This topped anything that Hachiman did in the S1, including the finale. It was so sad to watch, and the reaction of Yukino and Yui was so painful.

The whole narrative dynamic about changes and the refusal to accept them is also sad.

I feel terrible for Yukino, she is my favorite character and she has been down and for the whole season so far. She don't even talk, and I don't know exactly the reason. I was really surprised when she said "I hoped you would understand".

And the introduction of that girl that rejected Hachiman is just cruel. The whole episode when she and her friend was hanging with Hayama was so cringeworty.

And by the way, I don't understand Hachiman position about Hayama anymore. Hayama had all the right to scold off those two harpies, the reaction of Hachiman was uncalled.

I really hope there is some catharsis along the season, so far is really depressing.

Allaur

Yesterday I catched up with SNAFU S2...

Jesus, it´s me or the show it´s more hard to watch than before? It has been always a bit awkward, but I felt the first one balanced it with a bit of comic relief. But now it has got really serious, full time.

The train wreck of the Kioto travel was hard to swallow as a starter. This topped anything that Hachiman did in the S1, including the finale. It was so sad to watch, and the reaction of Yukino and Yui was so painful.

The whole narrative dynamic about changes and the refusal to accept them is also sad.

I feel terrible for Yukino, she is my favorite character and she has been down and for the whole season so far. She don't even talk, and I don't know exactly the reason. I was really surprised when she said "I hoped you would understand".

And the introduction of that girl that rejected Hachiman is just cruel. The whole episode when she and her friend was hanging with Hayama was so cringeworty.

And by the way, I don't understand Hachiman position about Hayama anymore. Hayama had all the right to scold off those two harpies, the reaction of Hachiman was uncalled.

I really hope there is some catharsis along the season, so far is really depressing.

1) Introduction of former classmate is great cause in 6th episode you can see that her attitude to Hachiman changed. Yeah, she still laughs at him, but there is no more bad intent or some arrogance. She really learnt her lesson from Hayama.

2) Despite being a loner Hachiman is still proud, so it was a hit for him. He already accepted this kind of attitude to himself from people, so what Hayama did was really unexpeted to him. It's really hard to accept help from people who are not close to you, so I can understand him.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru staff

Director: Makoto Kato
Series director: Makoto Bessho
Series configuration Takayo Ikami
Character design & chief AD Michiho Sato
Studio: Troyca

Coming fall 2015, thought it would be summer.
Summary:
The novel series revolves around Shōtarō Tatewaki and Sakurako Kujyō. Shōtarō is a normal high school student with a serious demeanor who likes to show off his girlfriend Sakurako. Sakurako is an extraordinarily beautiful woman in her mid-20s from a rich family who loves "beautiful bones." The two live in the city of Asahikawa in Hokkaido, and they get involved in various incidents regarding bones.

It must really suck being in Japan and watching a show 2 episodes at a time like that. Its bad enough with 4 volume installments or even just a two part.
That plus I wonder how sustainable this market model will be in the future as Japan ages.

Which is why most fans watch the TV airings or stream the show through the variety of streaming options. It's rare that people would buy (or rent) the video discs if they've not seen the show.
(Also, Shirobako has 3 episode volumes as it's a 2-cour production and they generally have 3 episode volumes instead of 2 episode volumes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom