• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely artwork for the series.
CFC-WdWUgAA-QDO.jpg:large

Punchline 06

You know I wasn't expecting this series to get as serious or as interesting as its become at this point. Gotta say I'm enjoying it. Hey....where'd the cat go?

Cornbread78

Link us when you are done!

Also check out Allison to Lillia OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lME6aYAHT1Y&list=PL7F897398899AC8A5

This is a good tune, but what is this series all about? The song takes me away to a fantasy setting in Danmachi, SAO or Log Horizon.

Here is the link to my profile. I'll continue to update it, but I'm not great at rating things since it's such a subjective thing.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cornbread78

Now I just have to choose something from my queue to watch today, I have no romcoms left though..

cajunator

Banned
This is a good tune, but what is this series all about? The song takes me away to a fantasy setting in Danmachi, SAO or Log Horizon.

Here is the link to my profile. I'll continue to update it, but I'm not great at rating things since it's such a subjective thing.

Now I just have to choose something from my queue to watch today, I have no romcoms left though..

Actually its about a pilot. Its a good watch.

Are we sharing our lists? Here's mine.
Recomendations are welcome. Always looking for more shows to put in my endless "Plan to Watch" list.

Thrown you both a friend request. Mine is here.

Also Cornbread, ratings don't matter too much. Just rate things how you want to rate them.

cajunator

Banned

No romcoms left?
Now you have to reach further back to older shows. Theres lots there.

Cornbread78

I forgot I had this in my Crunchy queue, but does anyone know anything about The Tower of Druaga, there are two "The Aegis of Uruk" and "The Sword of Uruk." By time stamp, the correct order is Aegis then Sword..

I forgot I had this in my Crunchy queue, but does anyone know anything about The Tower of Druaga, there are two "The Aegis of Uruk" and "The Sword of Uruk." By time stamp, the correct order is Aegis then Sword..

It's an anime based on an old Namco game with the same name. I thought it was alright and the first episode is pretty funny too.

Also you're right about the order of how you watch it too.

Cornbread78

It's an anime based on an old Namco game with the same name. I thought it was alright and the first episode is pretty funny too.

Also you're right about the order of how you watch it too.

Is it an action/ adventure series, is there a romace/love factor to it, or just straight up man time, lol?

phaze

Each round, one team attacks (the one which have to hit the ball) and the other deffend (the one which throws the ball (pitching)).

If the batter hits the ball, he must run through the field bases.
The other players who are on bases already may run too. The team scores if a player completes the 4 bases.

After a hit, the ball must return to the pitcher. If when the picher gets it, a player is still running reaching for the next base, that player gets eliminated.

The fourth batter is considered the most important because in the fourth hit is when it's suposed to be more players on bases, so there's the possibility to score more points.

An squeeze play, is a play where a player on third base can start running to score before even the pitcher throws the ball. That means that the batter MUST hit the ball no matter what, else is a suicide of the player.

I think that's all you need to understand that episode.

Someone may correct me if I said something wrong, I'm not an expert of this.

Thanks ! The last two in particular were things I had no clue about.
He will be back no worries.
Yay !
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 05
Kyon has his priorities straight.

Too bad he will end up having to marry Haruhi so that
the universe doesn't end just because she is not happy.
My advice to abandon this ship at the very beginning was more necessary and accurate than I dared imagine. You only have yourself to blame now !

Kikirin

Each round, one team attacks (the one which have to hit the ball) and the other deffend (the one which throws the ball (pitching)).

If the batter hits the ball, he must run through the field bases.
The other players who are on bases already may run too. The team scores if a player completes the 4 bases.

After a hit, the ball must return to the pitcher. If when the picher gets it, a player is still running reaching for the next base, that player gets eliminated.

The fourth batter is considered the most important because in the fourth hit is when it's suposed to be more players on bases, so there's the possibility to score more points.

An squeeze play, is a play where a player on third base can start running to score before even the pitcher throws the ball. That means that the batter MUST hit the ball no matter what, else is a suicide of the player.

I think that's all you need to understand that episode.

Someone may correct me if I said something wrong, I'm not an expert of this.

To add to this, the teams switch offense and defense sides after the defense gets three players on offense "out" or eliminated. Outs are achieved in one of three ways.

1) "Striking out" a batter. It is a "strike" against the hitter when: a) they hit a ball out of bounds, b) when they swing at a pitch and miss, and c) when they fail to make an in-bounds hit on a pitch that passes through a designated "strike zone" above the base. Three strikes and the batter is out.

2) Catching balls before they touch the ground after a successful hit. This makes balls that fly high after a hit particularly dangerous, since they are easier to catch.

3) As a correction to the bolded above, the third method to getting a player out is if a player on defense, while carrying the ball: a) touches an offensive player that isn't on a base, or b) touches the base that the offensive player is trying to reach before they get to it.

3b only takes effect when the offense player HAS to go to that particular base. For example, a batter must get to at least the first base after a successful hit - if a defender gets a ball to first base before the batter gets there, he is out. Similarly, a player at first base must go to at least the second base if his teammate makes a successful hit, since no more than one player can be on a base at a time.

Getting the ball to the pitcher doesn't cause any sort of elimination, but it does move the game forward to the next batter. If a player on base is gutsy enough, he can try to "steal" a base - advancing to the next base(s) without a batter hit to make his advance easier.

cajunator

Banned
Taisho Baseball Girls actually was informative enough about baseball to be really interesting and I actually cared about baseball for the duration of time I was watching it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Yay !

My advice to abandon this ship at the very beginning was more necessary and accurate than I dared imagine. You only have yourself to blame now !

Kyon likes it anyways, he's just lying

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Are you watching by the aired order or story order?

SNAFU2 07

Fuck, things are getting out of hand 8-man, get a grip dude! You know it yourself yet you are doing nothing about it and letting things slip by...

Also,
his middle school friend constantly saying "Preach that!" killed me lol. What a useless girl lmfao.

http://i.imgur.com/rMplPXn.gif

SOREARU SOREARU SOREARU SOREARU SOREARU SOREARU SOREARU SOREARU
DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE DAYONE

Mabufu

Banned

You are welcome = )

To add to this, the teams switch offense and defense sides after the defense gets three players on offense "out" or eliminated. Outs are achieved in one of three ways.

1) "Striking out" a batter. It is a "strike" against the hitter when: a) they hit a ball out of bounds, b) when they swing at a pitch and miss, and c) when they fail to make an in-bounds hit on a pitch that passes through a designated "strike zone" above the base. Three strikes and the batter is out.

2) Catching balls before they touch the ground after a successful hit. This makes balls that fly high after a hit particularly dangerous, since they are easier to catch.

3) As a correction to the bolded above, the third method to getting a player out is if a player on defense, while carrying the ball: a) touches an offensive player that isn't on a base, or b) touches the base that the offensive player is trying to reach before they get to it.

3b only takes effect when the offense player HAS to go to that particular base. For example, a batter must get to at least the first base after a successful hit - if a defender gets a ball to first base before the batter gets there, he is out. Similarly, a player at first base must go to at least the second base if his teammate makes a successful hit, since no more than one player can be on a base at a time.

Getting the ball to the pitcher doesn't cause any sort of elimination, but it does move the game forward to the next batter. If a player on base is gutsy enough, he can try to "steal" a base - advancing to the next base(s) without a batter hit to make his advance easier.

I needed some clarification in all that, thank you = )

However, I still have a doubt. When the pitcher gets the ball, the players who are still running are out, right?

Kikirin

However, I still have a doubt. When the pitcher gets the ball, the players who are still running are out, right?

I don't think so. My impression is that offense players tend to stop at bases once the pitcher gets the ball since it is a great position to quickly get the ball to any of the other bases, putting them at risk for any of the elimination/out methods described under #3. I don't recall players being automatically out just for being off-base when the ball gets to the pitcher.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SNAFU2 07

Fuck, things are getting out of hand 8-man, get a grip dude! You know it yourself yet you are doing nothing about it and letting things slip by...

Also,
his middle school friend constantly saying "Preach that!" killed me lol. What a useless girl lmfao.

I'm semi-interested whether this episode is gonna get all the way to the dramatic climax of this volume. I guess I'll find out when its up after work.

Moaradin

Kekkai Sensen dub 01

Yup, this dub is pretty damn good so far. Looking forward to watching this show and be able to pay attention to the little details.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
He's living in 2006 instead of the proper 2009 order.

I first watched by the 2006 aired order, then rewatching 2009 story line order. I kind of understand why the show was arranged that way.

The last episode of aired order (picking up the heater episode) is a very good conclusion to their story. Everything that happened after that episode in the storyline felt like a side story.

You are welcome = )

No, there's nothing wrong with still running when the pitcher has the ball. It's just dangerous since they can easily throw to any base. It should be noted that a team will almost never throw back to the pitcher if runners are still running, because it would be easier to get them out by throwing to the base they're trying to reach. The pitcher usually doesn't get the ball back until the play is over.

Mabufu

Banned
I don't think so. My impression is that offense players tend to stop at bases once the pitcher gets the ball since it is a great position to quickly get the ball to any of the other bases, putting them at risk for any of the elimination/out methods described under #3. I don't recall players being automatically out just for being off-base when the ball gets to the pitcher.

No, there's nothing wrong with still running when the pitcher has the ball. It's just dangerous since they can easily throw to any base. It should be noted that a team will almost never throw back to the pitcher if runners are still running, because it would be easier to get them out by throwing to the base they're trying to reach. The pitcher usually doesn't get the ball back until the play is over.

So, what the ball have to reach to "out" a player is the base he is running to and not the picher then?

yurisses

Neo Member
Add me on MAL too!

re: Mikuru's age
So far in the anime time travelling doesn't affect your body's age, I think. There's no instance of sending one's present consciousness to one's past self like in Steins;Gate- it's all sending one's body and mind back to the past or future, e.g. Kyon helping young Haruhi, Yuki freezing Kyon's time for three years. And there's a young and older Mikuru. It seems Mikuru's really around Kyon's age.

Mandelbo

Add me on MAL too!

re: Mikuru's age
So far in the anime time travelling doesn't affect your body's age, I think. There's no instance of sending one's present consciousness to one's past self like in Steins;Gate- it's all sending one's body and mind back to the past or future, e.g. Kyon helping young Haruhi, Yuki freezing Kyon's time for three years. And there's a young and older Mikuru. It seems Mikuru's really around Kyon's age.

You have Angel's Egg in your favourites! One more to the ranks...

Angry Grimace

I find discussion of our favorite sport that doesn't involve getting the ball to the end of a field amusing.

Cornbread78

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun ep 4-7:
ep.4 was probably one of teh funniest in the series so far whrn they were playing the dating sim. Too funny! The other episodes have been alright so far, but you kinda have to start feeling bad for poor Sakura. Everytime she gets excited for a relationship, she gets shot down immediately while Nozaki is completely oblivious...

SNAFU2 07

The music in that final scene...

there is something about Yukino which is so enchanting

I can't get over how badly the fall is animated. The proportions of anything are just wrong. She also manages to fall forward and yet moving backwards a bit.

Someone call the animation police.

The Suna distancing scene and after makes up for it though

So, what the ball have to reach to "out" a player is the base he is running to and not the picher then?

Yeah. The runner is out if he is tagged by someone holding the ball, or if the player holding the ball has a foot on the base the runner is forced to reach. The latter only applies if the runner is forced to that base, due to the rules forbidding two runners from occupying the same base. For example, if there are runners on first and second, they're forced to second and third when the ball is hit into fair territory (and not caught in the air) due to the batter advancing to first. However, if there's a runner on second, but first is empty, they aren't forced, so they must be tagged out.

Additionally, if the ball is caught before hitting the ground, not only is the batter out, but all runners must return to the base they were at before the ball was hit. If they fail to do so before the ball is thrown to a player who is touching the base, they're also out. That's called being doubled off. However, once the ball is caught they're free to advance as long as they've touched the base. So on balls caught far away, players may try to advance after the catch. This is referred to as tagging up, since they have to tag the previous base after the catch. Hopefully this isn't too confusing.

Cornbread78

Ok, so I've spent way too long today on MyAnimelist.

So which of these is be better romantic comedy, or just romance in general?

- Air -
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Haganai) -
- Chobits -
- Date A Live -
- More Girls Bravo: First Season -
- High School DxD -
- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? -
- Love Hina -
- Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai -
- Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Airing -
- More Seiken no Blacksmith -

Allaur

Ok, so I've spent way too long today on MyAnimelist.

So which of these is be better romantic comedy, or just romance in general?

- Air -
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Haganai) -
- Chobits -
- Date A Live -
- More Girls Bravo: First Season -
- High School DxD -
- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? -
- Love Hina -
- Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai -
- Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Airing -
- More Seiken no Blacksmith -

Air - you already watched Kanon and Clannad - may as well watch this. I'm not a fan of this series, but it's last in this trinity.
And you should try School Rumble - it's old, but comedy is golden here.

You should really enjoy Chobits - they're better than Plastic Memories in similiar topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom