• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

Probably the only time you ever see me type these words out, but I would love an English dub for Cross Ange.

All the "bitch" "whore" "skank" and "slut" shit-slinging in the show, but in English, would add to the hilarity.

By the Panty and Stocking crew or whoever did Ghost Stories, and it will be the best dub ever.

[Digimon Adventure]
QDWg9z1.jpg
QpUZSkY.jpg

iOAP3ii.jpg
BB7ccwA.jpg
I wonder what pafupafu does?
I decide to marathon Digimon while Tri doesn't come but apparently I have more time on my hands than however is making Tri, having a lot of fun watching it subbed for the first time.

/XX/

I wasn't sure if reporting here about this in case it was some kind of early April Fools' Day joke or something (post was made on March, 29, though), but as no one inferred anything contrary to it yet I'll take this as candid information coming by way of a worker on the Japanese animation industry:

CATSUKA FORUM • Voir le sujet - Lupin the third (aka Edgar)
http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/viewtopic.php?p=402309#p402309

Eddie Mehong (didi), who participated in A Woman Called Fujiko Mine also have worked in the past for Satelight's France Design Team or Ankama Japan among others and is now at Yapiko-Animation, says in the above linked post how Takeshi Koike is definitely preparing another Lupin the Third series focused, as the last film he worked for, on Daisuke Jigen's character... but what is more, he plans commencing afterwards another animated series project about Goemon Ishikawa, to end up doing the same with Lupin himself again in a new return as main character for another future series.

Vito

Banned

Fushigi na Somera-chan gets anime http://dreamcreation.co.jp/somera/

I wasn't sure if reporting here about this in case it was some kind of early April Fools' Day joke or something (post was made on March, 29, though), but as no one inferred anything contrary to it yet I'll take this as candid information coming by way of a worker on the Japanese animation industry:

lol, that's kinda really unprofessional if he's really leaking stuff like that...

I don't believe you.

they even tweeted it, you should have seen my RT! it was on midnight in Japan! https://twitter.com/Wagnaria/status/583282893134303232

cajunator

Banned
The fact that I don't want "Trigger Girls" means that it's definitely real.

I really wish it was real.

I really wish this was also real. April 1st sucks :(

Fushigi na Somera-chan gets anime http://dreamcreation.co.jp/somera/

lol, that's kinda really unprofessional if he's really leaking stuff like that...

they even tweeted it, you should have seen my RT! it was on midnight in Japan! https://twitter.com/Wagnaria/status/583282893134303232

This reminds me of the art style of another recent show that animeGaf seemed to like. It had pretty simple art.

/XX/

It can be considered as unprofessional, yes, but I can't fault him because for the most part CATSUKA FORUM is a very laid-back place for discussion where certain French professionals working on the Japanese animation industry form a very tight mini-community there (with people like Thomas Romain, Yann Le Gall, Christophe Ferreira, Aymeric Kevin or the very same Eddie Mehong). These are certainly the right conditions for someone habitual on such community to slip (perhaps not entirely concious of the repercussion) certain information not fearing it would spread too much, and... you know what, I'm starting to feel guilty about having brought this up. :-(

didi also did before something similar spilling the beans about the production problems faced by Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine (nothing strange for it to happen on that industry after all)! Even then, I suppose it doesn't generate much of a problem for him talking publicly about this things, maybe... perhaps he just knows about it but isn't vinculated to the project at all.

Saudades

Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 25 END

Coming in prepared to be disappointed and ready to say good riddance to this show but it was not all that bad. Of course it never gets nearly as awesome as GBF (by god was that finale awesome - glad the master didn't croak between series) but it does nail the "Gunpla battle is fun" thing, which the series, subpar as it was, also did at times, like the Neils' Lab arc.

The
Domon
reveal at the end seems wasted tho, wouldn't it be more awesome if he shows up with Sekai and fight in the free-for-all with
God Gundam
? (guess I just want a G-Gundam moment like the one from GBF above).

There're still some newly announced OVAs, so hopefully we can see some of the World Tournament (and the old lovable cast again)

Cornbread78

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP.21-End

Wow, what a ride through this one. By the end, you could start seeing where it was going, but they never did explain the whole
Maria's child
and how that came about, did they?

This was a strange one from start to finish with a crazy last few episodes. The ending was
strangely happy and serene
though, which made me happy.

Saekano 0

I can't handle all this meta.

This was about as poor as I expected. My curiosity is sated.

Just enjoy it for what it is, lol. A man's gotta have a harem, right? It is pretty funny and has some pretty good moments; I can't wait for season 2.

Joe Molotov

The worst thing about about Cross Ange is "D.R.A.G.O.N.S" hate that shit, they're Dragons but no it has to be an Acronym of something ridiculously stupid. Played something recently that did that shit but don't remember what it was, maybe Revelations 2 or Macross 30.

edit: It was Type-0, with Moogle. Urggghhhhhhhh

I think it was determined that DRAGON was short for "Disgusting Rape Anime, Get Out Now".

GBF Try 25 END

XwxwkbJ.jpg
4csTW2k.jpg

Best Char Clone of all time

There was some good shit this episode. Gyan Kid Redux, Meijin holding the number upside down, Shia being confirmed as the best girl etc etc. I also can't help but love the Everyone Returns endings, no matter how minor of things the characters do. Kind of reminded me of G Gundam in that way.

Still no Burning Finger though. Boo. Overall I'd say this was just mediocre in a lot of places and peeking into the greatness of the original sometimes (mostly involving Meijin, Mirai's episode was good) but ultimately pretty much completely fails S1. I feel like I will still get excited for the continuation and OVAs though.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT IT FUCKING -HAPPENED-

SEKAI'S MASTER WAS DOMON THE WHOLE TIME OMG I DON'T CARE HOW OBVIOUS THAT WAS

The worst thing about about Cross Ange is "D.R.A.G.O.N.S" hate that shit, they're Dragons but no it has to be an Acronym of something ridiculously stupid. Played something recently that did that shit but don't remember what it was, maybe Revelations 2 or Macross 30.

edit: It was Type-0, with Moogle. Urggghhhhhhhh

Isn't that just there because the SEED in Gundam SEED stands for something dumb too lol

cajunator

Banned

Wow, what a ride through this one. By the end, you could start seeing where it was going, but they never did explain the whole
Maria's child

This was a strange one from start to finish with a crazy last few episodes. The ending was

Just enjoy it for what it is, lol. A man's gotta have a harem, right? It is pretty funny and has some pretty good moments; I can't wait for season 2.

Yeah that wasnt fully explained but its more like come up with your own horrifying conclusions because something truly awful did happen.

Cornbread78

Well, you should be able to piece together what roughly happened there yourself.

Well, they had the
drugged queens spitting out babies of their own, and they abducted all the other babies from the hospital as well, so they drugged Momo and Maria mated them and took the baby?...
uugghh

Alright, well my list is empty again GAF..

Looking for recs for an Anime on Crunchyroll with some adventure/action, love/lust, and a good story funny stuff with any of that would work too (mature stuff preferably, already did the magic girl thing,lol)

Judging from Cajunator's impressions I have made the right decision to never ever watch this.
No, you must submit to the power of Ange's beauty.

Maria's child

To me it was clear
the rats killed Maria and Mamoru and took the baby, but whether they had the baby willingly or not is up in air.
Still pretty fucked up.

Glad you liked it. I had all kinds of feels in the end.

phaze

Maria's child

Squealer did nothing wrong
. Glad you enjoyed SSY.

And nah If I'm going to watch this levels of harem I will just continue with Zetsubou Sensei.

Well, they had the
drugged queens spitting out babies of their own, and they abducted all the other babies from the hospital as well, so they drugged Momo and Maria mated them and took the baby?...
uugghh

Alright, well my list is empty again GAF..

Looking for recs for an Anime on Crunchyroll with some adventure/action, love/lust, and a good story funny stuff with any of that would work too (mature stuff preferably, already did the magic girl thing,lol)

Well If you want a romantic comedy my Toradora recomendation still stands.

But other than that, maybe Bakemonogatari ? Bits of romance, good (but short) action, lots of humor and of fanservice too. It is very heavy on dialogue and somewhat of an acquired taste but you might like it.

kinger256

Yuri Kuma Arashi End

The show of the season for me. Too bad the first three episodes were some of the messiest stuff I've ever watched, because otherwise, this show would have been up there with Ikuhara's best.

Shirobako End

Not much to say. Shirobako was enjoyable and consistent throughout, but there was nothing that made this show really memorable.

Death Parade End

The last two episodes were some of the best this season, but the rest of the episodes were too inconsistent in tone and very unfocused. A lost opportunity.

Aldnoah Zero End

Crap but inline with expectations. These types of shows have a fun and chaotic lead up to the final episodes but then play the ending way too safe and predictable. I wanted these characters to suffer, not the garbage end of Aldnoah. Same thing happened in Geass and Valvrave.

cajunator

Banned
Cross ange 05

Took a bit of a hiatus since it was getting pretty stupid and I needed some sleep.

So this was one of those episodes where the protagonist gets separated from the fray and is rescued by someone, and falls in love, etc terrible writing cliches.
Apparently its perfectly ok to be a terrible pervert lecher and molest unconscious girls, as long as youre also a helpful nice guy. THAT MAKES IT OKAY.
Somehow they also managed to
fix Ange's broken Para Mail in record time
. How convenient.
How long was she stuck down there anyway?
This episode wasnt as ridiculous at least.
Im sure it is about to go full on stupid so Im kind of excited.

Cornbread78

This is what happens when we corrupt our youth.

I don;t call it corruption, I call it "worldly education," lol.

Squealer did nothing wrong
. Glad you enjoyed SSY.
And nah If I'm going to watch this levels of harem I will just continue with Zetsubou Sensei.

Well If you want a romantic comedy my Toradora recomendation still stands.
But other than that, maybe Bakemonogatari ? Bits of romance, good (but short) action, lots of humor and of fanservice too. It is very heavy on dialogue and somewhat of an acquired taste but you might like it.

Hell, I'll give Bake a shot, loadign it up now.. TY

LOL, panty shot in first 5 seconds....

cajunator

Banned
I don;t call it corruption, I call it "worldly education," lol.

Hell, I'll give Bake a shot, loadign it up now.. TY

LOL, panty shot in first 5 seconds....

the Monagatari series is a very lengthy thing spanning 3 series. Its really full of fanservicey stuff but its actually a pretty good character story for those girls. Snail will make you cry.

Clov

For those who cared, Anime Sols is dead. Doesn't seem to be an April Fools joke. They at least managed to finish their Creamy Mami and Dear Brother releases, though Black Jack will remain unfinished.

I had a feeling this would be happening sooner or later. Most of their projects never got the funding they needed, and the ones that made it seemed to just barely get by. I really think that Kickstarter would have been a better choice. Sucks that they never finished subbing Dororo, I would have liked to see that one. Oh well!

Edit: According to the Anime Sols owner, someone else has gotten Dororo. That's nice, at least.

Watch IS next. Firehawk seal of approval and all. Also approved by Narag and MrJeff. You just know it's good. Also Jexhius says you should watch Upotte!

I've seen Upotte!! thanks to our very own MikeHattsu. I still have my plate full with BGBW's favorite mecha!

or

Maybe I should watch good anime.

Midonin

For those who cared, Anime Sols is dead. Doesn't seem to be an April Fools joke. They at least managed to finish their Creamy Mami and Dear Brother releases, though Black Jack will remain unfinished. .
I think if they had tried to get Yatterman funded now, it would've worked a lot better. Night drummed up a lot of interest in the franchise. Or at least, I hope it did.

Clov

I think if they had tried to get Yatterman funded now, it would've worked a lot better. Night drummed up a lot of interest in the franchise. Or at least, I hope it did.

It probably would have! At least a little bit. Maybe someone else will try, depending on how well Night did in streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom