• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Dagashi Kashi 3-6

Chapter 7 is definitely an April fools translation, had to read it out loud in a Scouse/Geordie accent to understand it.

Anyway, I forgot about this. It's pretty good, Hotaru's a great comedian, and Coconut's an OK straight man, but it makes this pretty funny. I'll continue reading it when a better translation of chapter 7 comes out.
Wrong thread?

Shinsekai Yori Spoiler

Damn, now talking about all this and thinking some more I finally got one more puzzle piece in place that was missing for me yet.

So far I understood that all the other non-psychic humans represented a large threat because death-feedback made it impossible for the cantus-wielder to engage them. So other than completely annihilating the normal humans they turned them into Squeerats where they'd still be able to do work and fill in the lower jobs.

Now I was still wondering "Why Squeerats?" and it's simply for the fact that the Squeerats look so different from humans that no one would ever identify them as human, thus not triggering their death-feedback. Those that originally mutated the normal humans simply looked for a form that's too grotesque to be associated as anything actual human (no even when being told the truth probably), yet capable of working for them. After all we know it's not the species/DNA that causes the death-feedback, but rather which species the person associates with.

edit: This next part is probably unnecessary, as it's quite likely that the death-feedback is actually reliant on the psychic abilities too, and thus death-feedback couldn't be applied to normal humans in the first place. As ThatCharMan pointed out below.

As for why wouldn't the cantus-wielder insert death-feedback into the normal humans too? Well if I'm not mistaken the normal humans and psychics were hostile towards one another and constantly at war. Now the cantus-wielder did require the death-feedback in order to prevent their own kind from e.g. just annihilating entire villages on a whim. However, if they implemented it without taking care of the normal humans, those could just run them over without resistance. Just applying the death-feedback to the normal humans probably simply didn't seem like enough of an answer because these people would continue to be hostile towards the psychics, even more so. As long as they'd retain their full intelligence, scientific knowledge, and records about their past, they would also be capable of finding a way to get rid of the death-feedback eventually. After all, the psychics couldn't prevent them from doing research etc., due to their own death-feedback. So to gain dominance and secure their future they decided to go this terrifying route.

Shinsekai Yori Spoiler

Damn, now talking about all this and thinking some more I finally got one more puzzle piece in place that was missing for me yet.

So far I understood that all the other non-psychic humans represented a large threat because death-feedback made it impossible for the cantus-wielder to engage them. So other than completely annihilating the normal humans they turned them into Squeerats where they'd still be able to do work and fill in the lower jobs.

Now I was still wondering "Why Squeerats?" and it's simply for the fact that the Squeerats look so different from humans that no one would ever identify them as human, thus not triggering their death-feedback. Those that originally mutated the normal humans simply looked for a form that's too grotesque to be associated as anything actual human (no even when being told the truth probably), yet capable of working for them. After all we know it's not the species/DNA that causes the death-feedback, but rather which species the person associates with.

As for why wouldn't the cantus-wielder insert death-feedback into the normal humans too? Well if I'm not mistaken the normal humans and psychics were hostile towards one another and constantly at war. Now the cantus-wielder did require the death-feedback in order to prevent their own kind from e.g. just annihilating entire villages on a whim. However, if they implemented it without taking care of the normal humans, those could just run them over without resistance. Just applying the death-feedback to the normal humans probably simply didn't seem like enough of an answer because these people would continue to be hostile towards the psychics, even more so. As long as they'd retain their full intelligence, scientific knowledge, and records about their past, they would also be capable of finding a way to get rid of the death-feedback eventually. After all, the psychics couldn't prevent them from doing research etc., due to their own death-feedback. So to gain dominance and secure their future they decided to go this terrifying route.

I just assumed
that death feedback only worked for them because their own power was just to kill themselves. Normal humans have no "normal method" of stopping their own heart, but a cantus wielder would have quick and easy access using their powers.

I just assumed
that death feedback only worked for them because their own power was just to kill themselves. Normal humans have no "normal method" of stopping their own heart, but a cantus wielder would have quick and easy access using their powers.

Hah yeh, that same thought came to me just after posting.

Considering that it's even less questionable that they kinda had to do what they did. Mhhh all that gray area.

edit:
It's so fricking interesting when a piece of fiction really, really follows through on a basic premise, even when that one includes 'superpowers'. "What would happen if human's gained incredibly powerful psychic powers?" This show (or the preceding novel) gives a very interesting take on it.

Cornbread78

I think you might enjoy Btooom!, the premise is kinda similar to SAO. Though be aware that the story is not finished and it seems unlikely that there'll be any additional seasons.

ughh, why do they do that? Finish the damn things will ya, lol.

Bakemonogatari Ep.2-7:
Ok, this show is just plain weird. I've been following along pretty well and there is some interesting stuff embedded into the story, as well as a budding "romance" lol. We will see where this one goes in the last few episodes..

cajunator

Banned

Bakemonogatari Ep.2-7:
Ok, this show is just plain weird. I've been following along pretty well and there is some interesting stuff embedded into the story, as well as a budding "romance" lol. We will see where this one goes in the last few episodes..

what are your thoughts on Senjou?

PK Gaming

Bakemonogatari Ep.2-7:

If you plan on continuing this series then I strongly recommend you read Kizumonogatari. It's a light novel that details the events that kickstarted the series(pretty damn good too, wow). It should have gotten anime adaptation but...

[Parol's Future Island]

While this isn't a perfect short due to some wonky stuff with the main villain it it lots of fun. The designs, character animation and background art is top notch.

For what it is, a light-hearted kid's adventure short, I think it's about as good as you could want.

Bakemonogatari Ep.2-7:

You will need to watch elsewhere to finish the Bakemonogatari since the final 2 or 3 episodes are not up on Crunchyroll. The reason they are missing is because they are officially a OVA, since they came months after the original broadcast.

Cornbread78

what are your thoughts on Senjou?

Wait, Senjou? The director?

You will need to watch elsewhere to finish the Bakemonogatari since the final 2 or 3 episodes are not up on Crunchyroll. The reason they are missing is because they are officially a OVA, since they came months after the original broadcast.

If you plan on continuing this series then I strongly recommend you read Kizumonogatari. It's a light novel that details the events that kickstarted the series(pretty damn good too, wow). It should have gotten anime adaptation but...

Uggh, I think I was warned this one stops short as well..... uuggh. I only have a couple episodes left and I two recomendations to look up. I just have to make sure they are on Crunchyroll:

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Tsuritama

phaze

Uh oh, I completely forgot about this. What a terrible recommender I am.

Oh well, episode 12 is the best of the franchise and can serve as pretty decent finish to the story.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, Senjou? The director?

Uggh, I think I was warned this one stops short as well..... uuggh. I only have a couple episodes left and I two recomendations to look up. I just have to make sure they are on Crunchyroll:

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Tsuritama

Senjougahara

And watch Tsuritama. Its good for you! (actually good not bad good)

Phaze if you see this don't think I've forgotten about the watch bet. I've just been busy as shit with different things. this weekend I'm largely staying home so I'll finish the second show in the bet at the very least this weekend.

Cornbread78

Senjougahara

And watch Tsuritama. Its good for you! (actually good not bad good)

It's good but it will remain unfinished. Damn politics!

Senjougahara. The half tsundere, half yandere main girl that everyone likes.

My bad, lol.
I actually like her sarcastic, straight-forward and even vulnerable nature so far. She comes off as more genuine, we'll see if it lasts though, I'm waiting for the stapler of doom to come back..

cajunator

Banned
My bad, lol.
I actually like her sarcastic, straight-forward and even vulnerable nature so far. She comes off as more genuine, we'll see if it lasts though, I'm waiting for the stapler of doom to come back..

Nisemonagatari is the next series and noticeably lacking Senjou scenes. It is inferior.

Narag

Phaze if you see this don't think I've forgotten about the watch bet. I've just been busy as shit with different things. this weekend I'm largely staying home so I'll finish the second show in the bet at the very least this weekend.

I've owed MrJeff Mushishi since October. Might wait until next October at this rate.

phaze

Prioritising Bloodborne over the glory of Shigurui smh.

Don't worry about it, I've finished up GTO in case you missed it.

Monster 37-48
002710zhuj4.png
Still trudging through it, ever so slowly. My goodness, a Johan-Tenma (not direct but still) interaction, more facts about the backstory of the twins and all that only after 10 episodes of setting up the arc ? What sorcery is this ? I just hope after all this time spend on Suk or Grimmer , especially the latter will not just fade away into obscurity like all those Munich arc people.

Death Parade 03

Did I get it right ?
She went through plastic surgery to look more like the girl Shigeru liked yet she still never talked to him ?
Episode was a pretty refreshing change of pattern compared to previous "trials", I was expecting some drama to burst out at any other moment but thankfully that was not to be. But I swear both of those elevators better be capable of taking people to Heaven/whatever the better place to go to is called in this show. I will riot otherwise.

Eureka Seven - up to ep.36

So there's a lot of overhauling going on all over the place and there's a pretty darn scary display of the Coralian's 'antibodies' at work.

However, what I'm rather confused by is the world building. So did I somehow miss it earlier on or why the fuck is it NOW that I'm told this planet is actually the 'Scrub Coral' (previously i wasn't sure if it just referred to a landmass/country) and earth was basically a mother planet of sorts for this one. Oh and the story takes place roughly 10.000 years in the future. I'm simply baffled as to why it took until now to reveal any of that, especially since it wasn't vital information for a major plottwist or so. It really would have helped to get a decent feeling for the setting that was honestly missing for the longest time.

They made a few really strange decisions in this show...

In good news:
Renton finally confessed! (◕﹏◕✿)

Hellsing Ultimate - 06

Seras got some much needed time in this episode to improve her image. Up to this point she hasn't been featured as much as I thought she'd be. She hadn't been much of use either.
The mercenary, in particular the charismatic leader gives the show a needed insight. With all these powerful badasses who pretty much eat this for breakfast, it was a nice change to see it from a point of view of the weaker participants.

Prioritising Bloodborne over the glory of Shigurui smh.

Don't worry about it, I've finished up GTO in case you missed it.

Monster 37-48

Still trudging through it, ever so slowly. My goodness, a Johan-Tenma (not direct but still) interaction, more facts about the backstory of the twins and all that only after 10 episodes of setting up the arc ? What sorcery is this ? I just hope after all this time spend on Suk or Grimmer , especially the latter will not just fade away into obscurity like all those Munich arc people.

Death Parade 03

Did I get it right ?
She went through plastic surgery to look more like the girl Shigeru liked yet she still never talked to him ?
Episode was a pretty refreshing change of pattern compared to previous "trials", I was expecting some drama to burst out at any other moment but thankfully that was not to be. But I swear both of those elevators better be capable of taking people to Heaven/whatever the better place to go to is called in this show. I will riot otherwise.

Haha bloodborne was this past weekend, this week I have a very sick dog and many training seminars for my job I have to go through which require lots of driving. This weekend I'll have time because I have downtime while I take care of dog and already told friends I can't hang.

As to GTO:

glad to see you enjoyed it for the most part. Admittedly the show does follow very basic story structure with the way it dealt with students, but it does it effectively. I love his goofy faces more than the comedy, and I love the heart of Onizuka more than the comedy.

And yes the anime ending is a mess. If I recall correctly the show starts going off on its own right after the class island trip arc. The manga introduces more kids, and makes the final arc girl
take MUCH longer to like Onizuka and even then it's extremely tsundere (emphasis on tsun)
. But the ending of the manga is magnificent while the ending for the show is a really bad joke.

Also you're watching Monster? Whoever put you up to it has good taste.

Lain

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 12

After having seen the last episode I can now say, what a useless show. 12 episodes to tell nothing. A waste of time through and through.
At least the EDs had some cool pictures and the song was nice.

I've owed MrJeff Mushishi since October. Might wait until next October at this rate.

Mushishi I couldn't watch unless it was a bet and even then it'd be super slow. It's one of those really mellow and relaxing shows that actually ends up making it harder for me to get through.

Jintor

Denki-gai 5

I should probably just drop this show, it's moderately entertaining but it verges right on the edge of 'haha funny racy joke' and 'let's talk about panties for 10 minutes yet somehow not manage to be funny'

I'm basically just watching it for Somaliere I guess.

Ah, screw it, dropped.

Persona 4 Golden Animation you can gtfo too. I've only seen your story, like, 6 times now.

Yatterman Night 10-12

Another great ending to a series. Also they clearly saved up the budget for this final ep (Rolling Girls take notes!)

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters Try 25 FIN

.... so they can make this good when they really want to.

The GBF Try we should have had (that they showed here) was the cruelest April Fool's joke of all.

Well with GBF Try being over everything I watched this season has ended. This season had quite a few enjoyable shows, some unique ones and plenty that will be remembered for a while. Also I was writing this and it deleted itself so it's significantly cut down from what it was. Oh and other people should post their thoughts on the Season since I'm curious

1. Shirobako

I'm sure by now everyone in here has either A.) Watched this and loved it B.) Knows about it and the praise it got C.) Is Firehawk and watched Saekano instead so I'll just skip the song and dance and say this is an easy AOTY contender, even stronger then last year.
I don't really have a lot to say about Shirobako other then I loved it and there were a lot of great moments, and it's probably one of my favorite TV series in a long time.

2. Yuri Kuma Arashi

250px-Springfield_bear_patrol.png

No not all of these will be Simpsons pictures I'm not that clever

My first Ikuhara show, but it definitely won't be the last. Also probably the first show I've watched where it actually improves after the first three rather iffy episodes instead of the opposite. I must say that this show has some great direction, visuals and imagery, far better then the average show. The characters are interesting as well. I'm sure there's a lot of value for a rewatch of this.

3. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders Battle in Egypt

The better part of Part 3 has arrived and Polnareff is still the best character so it's good, and it will only get better from here. Some direct comparisons to the OVA with Geb/D'arby have been interesting, and while the OVA are superior in the animation and to a lesser extent direction components, I still feel the TV series offers a more complete and better version of Part 3 then the OVA as DP has always been doing.

4. Yoru no Yatterman

Definitely an interesting show, although I would say the opening and ending episodes were better then the middle parts. I'm also not sure how to feel about Doronjo, Boyacky and Tonzra getting shafted to the side in favor of Gatchan, who kind of became the main character. I have some beefs with the ending as well, but I would still say it was a good show. The question of the mixing of the 70's goofy tone and the depressing dystopian Earth was done pretty well, up until the
Dokurobey
part. I also feel that before that it was easy to understand this without any previous Yatterman knowledge. I like these kind of experiential takes on old series like Gatchaman Crowds and Casshern Sins were.

5. Junketsu no Maria

A very interesting and rather unique show. This deals with Christian Mythology in ways you don't really see in anime (it's a bit more common in Manga) and the only other thing I can think of that deals with it in a real way is Angel's Egg, I think. The setting of France during the Hundred Years War is also quite unique, although some time discrepancy like Michelangelo's paintings in the Sistine Chapel are shown in a scene despite a long gap of time between the two, however if you're not knowledge about History as I am it probably won't bother you as much. The characters are more like ideologies (Maria is a naive pacifist) which is also pretty interesting. One in particular, Monk Bernard is his name I believe, is torn between his belief of God and his reading and studying of Antiquity thinkers and beliefs like Aristotle, and I found his arc rather interesting.
I would probably actually recommend this over some stuff I put it above just because of it's uniqueness. Might check out the manga as I heard it is very different from the anime on Twitter.

6. Cross Ange

I enjoyed the fuck out of this show. I figure I will probably read Corvo and Jex's upcoming megapost and go "Yeah totally" but still feel mostly the same way. I also wanted to make my own megapost about this show but I'm not good enough about gathering my thoughts to do so, and I already think this show had enough talk around here. I won't (can't) deny the trashy and awful nature of the show, but I don't really think it takes it to new levels of grossness as far as anime goes. Sword Art Online has much of the same stuff (less rapey though) and the bad guy who wants to marry Asuna in SAO is pretty much the same character as Embyro. The part of this show that is weird I find is the good(?) character arcs. Good at least compared to a lot of shows, anyway. There's tons of weird character things, the two that stand out the most to me is Tusk in general, as he seems like the generic Mecha main character who's only trait is "I want to protect X" yet he is neither the main character nor is he in a generic Mecha show, he is in Cross Ange. The other is the trinity of Salia/Salamandinay/Hilda vying for the position of secondary main character (since Tusk basically has none) and if you were to look at the OP or promo pictures you would think it would be Salia or Sala (fuck these names) but I actually kind of think it's Hilda since she had more of a character arc then anyone but Ange? I dunno. There's also the deaths of Tusk and Momoka just being undone in a Looney Tunes fashion also makes me wonder as well, and the Salamandinay thing having her shown in the OP and ED and promo material as a main character despite showing up near like, episode 10 and then she doesn't really do a whole lot also make me wonder what the fuck the production staff was doing. A lot. It's probably just VA shenanigans since there's a lot of meta shit about that in this.
It totally deserves to be on the list though.

7. Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls

Idol-Worship1.gif

This is why they are called Idols right?

Anastasia and Ranko are cute. I still don't really understand idols. There's too many characters that blend together in this.

---SHOWS I DON'T FEEL LIKE RANKING BECAUSE I DUNNO---

Log Horizon 2 - Weaker then the first season in a lot of ways, but still a good, interesting show that does more with the MMO setting then pretty much anything else I've seen even outside of LN/Anime. I don't feel like the plot advanced much however and Tetra is the goddamn worst though, 10x more annoying then anything Akatsuki ever did
Parasyte - No joke almost forgot to put it on here. It's good in some places and medicore in a lot more with some downright odd sound editing and direction, read the manga.
Aldnoah Zero S2 - Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Gundam - Reconguista in G - I liked this show quite a lot last season, but once they reached Towasanga it just became unfollowable and there didn't seem to have as much goofy stuff. Still not sure how to feel but I don't think it's a good show, at all. If you like dumb goofy shit like Brain Power'd or Garzey's Wing because they are dumb and goofy and not good then you know what to expect from this. Tomino you senile bastard
Gundam Build Fighters Try - I also do not know how to feel about this. I was pretty positive at the beginning, and it kind of improved, but once it got to the main stage I started agreeing with the hate way, way more. It's rather mediocre on its own, with a few great spots but ultimately just completely fails it's predecessor. I am still excited for the OVAs and inevitable S3 however. Endless cycle etc etc, should've put Cross Ange above G Reco and Try on my AOTY list etc etc

Show I dropped the fastest

Kancolle after one episode, poi.

Most Disappointing Show

Rolling Girls. smh those first two episodes were great and then it kept going

Best OP

Yuri Kuma Arashi, JoJo (IT'S GOOD SHUT UP) and Shirobako, in that order.

Best ED

Junketsu no Maria, JoJo, Shirobako in that order.

Best Girl

Anastasia (Imas CG), Ranko (Imas CG) and Gothloli-sama (Shirobako)

Worst Girl(?)

Tetra (Log Horizon). No one comes close so I'm not doing the other two.

Jex

Warning, unmarked spoilers for a terrible series (Cross Ange) ahead. Skip this post if you don't want to see spoiler stuff:

Cross Ange feels like one of Sunrise's most furiously rewritten shows and that's coming from a studio notorious for rewriting shows half-way through. I’ve got some fairly extensive thoughts on what I personally believe to be signs of script changes, but before I get to some of my more elaborate theories I’m first going to highlight some incidents which clearly show the writers changing their minds.

Example A:

Riza is initially shown to be Julio’s bodyguard/advisor/crony. Later on it’s revealed that she was secretly a Dragon all along:

There’s only one problem with this twist – in her first appearance Riza is blatantly shown to be a Mana user, and Dragons certainly cant use mana:

This is important because if Riza was originally just a human in the 1st draft of the script, then the Dragons were never secretly investigating the location of Aura and nor where they looking for a way to control the portals. This is quite a significant change.

Example B:

When Embryo is initially introduced he explains that the only thing that can be done to salvage the world is to reset it and start over. However, Embryo clearly lays out that there are some requirements that must be met before this can be done. Requirements which I had completely forgotten about because they are never mentioned again:

So, this seems like a pretty key plot point. Before Embryo and the World Leaders can activate this plan they need to acquire all the Ragna-mail and mail riders. This raises two points: A) Embryo does not yet have all 7 Ragna-mail (yes, there are specifically 7 Ranga-mail as shown in episode 14) and B) There are specific mail riders that can use Ranga-mail (I happen to believe these are people of royal blood, more on that later). This suggests that the ‘baddies’ need to go on a quest to acquire these things.

However both A and B are completely ignored. Around episode 21 it’s shown that Embryo has all the Ragna-mail in his possession and apparently pretty much anyone can rider a Ragna-mail (as long as you give them a completely unexplained ring, another dropped plot point).

This raises even more questions such as, why did Embryo only begin to merge the worlds in episode 21? If he’s had the equipment and people all along why wait so many episodes? The answer is, because this was clearly written as the climax of the story and presumably in the previous epsidoes we were supposed to see these Ragna-mail collected and the pilots assembled. But that entire story arc completely disappears and instead, for LITERALLY no reason at all Embryo begins his plan in episode 21. This is shockingly nonsensical.

Example C:

Now, this might appear more minor but I find it rather stupid.

So, everyone knows that everyone is racist against the Norma. It’s been a part of the series since the first episode – everyone who isn’t a Norma is basically an asshole to Norma’s forever. At the end of the show, Ange judges the humans who hate the Norma and decides to completely ignore their suffering.

Now, this might be acceptable given how they’ve treated Norma throughout the show but that’s forgetting a pretty important piece of information that Riza explains:

So, Embryo genetically engineered everyone to hate the Norma. In a fairly significant way they aren’t totally responsible for their actions. Many of them are, in fact, innocent people. Therefore when Ange abandons all of them to live in their shitty destroyed world she’s committing a fairly immoral act.

Example D:

Sala clearly describes Aura as a man, like all the large male dragons. Later on, Aura is clearly a woman.

Example E:

When Jill is explaining the backstory to Ange she never gets around to explaining where Dragons come from and why they fight them, however she appears to know. As soon as it’s revealed that Dragons are somehow created from humans, Jill makes it pretty clear that she knew this all along:

However, a few episodes later Ange returns from Dragon-land to tell everyone about Dragons and the other Earth. In this scene, Jill appears fairly sceptical of Ange’s explanation and doesn’t appear to have any idea of where Dragon’s come from or the other Earth.

This doesn’t make sense.

So what did Jill know about Dragons? Well, she probably knew about a very different plot surrounding Dragons, one that we never actually saw play out in the show. Jill’s dialogue in the two scenes just doesn’t match up.

Example F:

So, let’s not beat around the bush. This series was clearly designed to appeal to fans of smutty yuri action nonsense. From the (nearly) all girl cast to the outfits to the copious amounts of lesbian sex and general nudity its pretty clear who this series was targeting. Based on how the show depicts the main characters it would seem that Ange’s main romantic interest was supposed to be Salamandinay.

She appears heavily in the OP for many episodes before her onscreen debut and has dominant screen space with Ange in both the OP and ED title cards. The characters seem to be similar in some respects, they have a certain rivalry and they both excel at similar things (such as piloting robots). In a show as simple as Cross Ange this basically means they are meant for each other. What really confirms this, though, is Sala’s introduction:

I don’t know if I can make this any clear than the show has. Across multiple universes and (apparently?) thousands of years Ange and Sala are shown to be rivals/friends/lovers. I mean, you can’t get really get a bigger sign that two people are ‘destined’ for each other. The show doesn’t hit you over the head with this as much as crack your skull open with an anvil. So these two are going to end up with each other by the end pleasing, I assume, everyone (both the staff and the audience).

Yet, for some reason, after her interactions with Ange on the other Earth Salamandinay becomes a complete and utter nothing character. She’s basically one of those people at the back of an action scene who occasionally shoots someone. She has no role in the plot or in Ange’s life. This makes no sense to me. I can only assume this has to do with the rise of Tusk.

I don’t think anyone likes Tusk. The intended audience of the show certainly don’t want to see him busting into their ‘Garden’ and the staff appear to crap all over him as well. He’s regularly humiliated on-screen and in terms of key art (such as the OP title card) he’s reduced to a tiny character at the back as if to say “ignore this asshole”. It really feels like he wasn’t supposed to be Ange’s main partner at the end of the series but instead he got forced into playing that role by exterior forces.

(See, Tusk is barely even in this picture!)

Example G:

Speaking of Sala's introduction this line makes no sense given the later context of the show:

What? No, it isn't. Aura has nothing to do with the truth. This line only makes sense if it refers to some other plotline that got changed in production.

Anyway, I have a much longer post that will go into detail concerning:

1) Royal Houses, Royal Blood and Magic Rings
2) Singing Powered Mecha
3) Embryo's Whole Character
4) Cross Ange's insane and nonsensical timeline

But that's for another day.

Narag

Cross Ange feels like one of Sunrise's most furiously rewritten shows and that's coming from a studio notorious for rewriting shows half-way through.

I was just asking someone on twitter if GBF Try's back half was so bad because they had to draw everything out and make shit up to lead into an unexpected S3. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom