• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Ojamajo Doremi 34

Well, shit. That episode was genuinely quite sad :(
Not only does Aiko
never end up meeting her mother, she also thinks that she's remarried too.
That scene on the beach where she breaks down in tears, saying that her mum isn't her own anymore really hit hard. Even with all her magic, Aiko's still powerless to fix her parent's broken relationship, trapped in between them without truly understanding what's wrong. I think the scene where her parents are arguing over the top of her in the hospital bed was incredibly effective - it might be my favourite scene so far!

Vito

Banned
Monster Musume additional cast:

OP is performed by the currently announced female cast (that includes Miia, Papi and Cerea), ED by Smith & MON (not yet known). It will be shown on MX, Sun TV, KBS, BS11 and AT-X.

tumblr_nofot4HjyB1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kuttsukiboshi:

What the hell did I just watch? I think I need some aspirin and also a bucket I can vomit into forthwith.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

OP is performed by the currently announced female cast (that includes Miia, Papi and Cerea), ED by Smith & MON (not yet known). It will be shown on MX, Sun TV, KBS, BS11 and AT-X.
Rachnee!!!!!

Shokugeki no Soma 7

That's a lot of onion there. And Nikumi finally wear cloth appropiate for a chef. Seriously, oil hurt when it hit you

phaze

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 06-08/10,09,11

This murder mystery thing was so silly. No one could apparently check his pulse or even breathing. And he couldn't have got himself thrown this far away by the door.

I've to say, my first impression on the characters weren't far off the mark. Kyon is A likeable straight man but I find most of the restof the cast not very enticing and frequently just abhorrent. (Looking at you Haruhi, Nagato)

hamchan

Fate/Stay Night UBW 1-15

Binged through 15 episodes the past day. Pretty damn good.

I played through the Fate route in the game 5 years ago but never finished UBW. I'm glad about that, since I feel that the animation in this series is superb and is a treat to watch. I feel like the series isn't missing any details like what occurs in a lot of VN -> anime transitions, though maybe that's because I've played through one of the routes.

Anyways, I feel the UBW story is way better than the Fate story so far. Episode 15 wrecked me because I didn't expect it. I remember a far happier ending for Illya in the Fate route. Pretty messed up what happens to her in UBW.

Also thumbs up for Shiro for just outright saying to Rin "i like you" with no hesitation. Good for that guy.

Looking forward to Heaven's Feel adaptation and then watching Fate/Zero. I know something is up with that Sakura chick and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

cj_iwakura

Fate/Stay Night UBW 1-15

I played through the Fate route in the game 5 years ago but never finished UBW. I'm glad about that, since I feel that the animation in this series is superb and is a treat to watch. I feel like the series isn't missing any details like what occurs in a lot of VN -> anime transitions, though maybe that's because I've played through one of the routes.

Anyways, I feel the UBW story is way better than the Fate story so far. Episode 15 wrecked me because I didn't expect it. I remember a far happier ending for Illya in the Fate route. Pretty messed up what happens to her in UBW.

Also thumbs up for Shiro for just outright saying to Rin "i like you" with no hesitation. Good for that guy.

Looking forward to Heaven's Feel adaptation and then watching Fate/Zero. I know something is up with that Sakura chick and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

Good thing you didn't see Fate/Zero first, because it outright tells you.

I'm playing Heaven's Feel now, and damn. They have their work cut out for them to do that justice.

"You should worry about that priest."
"I know.But don't worry. He can't defeat me."

Grzi

Fate/Stay Night UBW 1-15

You're in for a treat when you finally watch Fate/Zero. It's so much better than anything F/SN related.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 22:

FIrst part of this episode really dragged as it got bogged down by even more backstory but righted itself by actually doing stuff and advancing the story to the phase.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 06-08/10,09,11

This murder mystery thing was so silly. No one could apparently check his pulse or even breathing. And he couldn't have got himself thrown this far away by the door.

I've to say, my first impression on the characters weren't far off the mark. Kyon is A likeable straight man but I find most of the restof the cast not very enticing and frequently just abhorrent. (Looking at you Haruhi, Nagato)

Yeh pretty much. That in addition to the fairly week plot result in a show I just don't find particularly enjoyable. Apparently it may have been more enjoyable with the Zeitgeist when it aired but that doesn't do me any good now.

Cornbread78

Watch Fate/Zero first, so if you end up cringing too hard while watching Fate/Stay Night you can just stop.

I watched the first 30 mins of the Fate Zero a couple weeks ago and stopped right when
that young girl was in the pit of worms and that guy was getting in with her.
I plan on going back, but want to male sure I'm in the correct order before I start watching again.

cajunator

Banned
Strike Witches new TV series confirmed will be about 502

http://hukugouzainahibi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2124.html

sweet! More strike witches is always good.

That 65 degree° C Meat NSFW

wdwlLbf.jpg

Thanks for the meal J.C. Staff.

You can put any leftovers into the irrelevant bin.

So this is why yall like Meat so much.

Cross Ange 4

You people lied to me. You said it was entertainingly stupid. This is not. It's just really, really, really fucking stupid. Irritatingly so.

Nothing interesting is happening. Nothing at all. We've had Ange go from princess to subhuman soldier, rape, her continuously being in denial about being a Norma, rape, becoming super-badass soldier suddenly, and then horrible petty people being horrible and petty to each other. And apparently her kingdom fell. Someone said so. Also rape.

I can't really put into words what made Code Geass the experience that it was. But if I had to try, it was that, in one way or another, you were getting your money's worth with each episode. Here, I ain't getting shit. Just horrible, stupid, petty people being horrible, stupid, petty people (and not even being entertaining, just irritating) in an isolated Norma facility fighting some enemy that they haven't even tried to flesh out or even explain. And rape.

We didnt lie. Cross Ange is pretty entertaining because of how ridiculous and hateful it is. Perhaps this brand of trainwreck isnt for you.

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei 2-13 (End)

I really like these kind of surreal shows that leave a lot to speculation and individual interpretation. Vagueness of the setting alongside decent characters goes a long way. It was good.

my all time favorite anime. The vagueness is purposeful and not due to bad writing. ABe wants the audience to interpret for themselves what its about and why things are.

Haibane Renmei is so, SO amazing... but one question: While canonically there is no definite explanation for how the world shown in the series exists and why it is as it is, there is a leading theory, considered more credible than the others (even if it's not definite, because it was left somewhat up in the air intentionally).

So, after watching, what did you think was going on?

funnily enough this show really has a lot in common with Angel Beats. Only magnitudes better executed.

Felt like some sort of whole after-death kind of situation. Haibane are those who passed away but have some regrets, with their Days of Flight being that they've overcome it and are ready to actually pass on. Sin-bound ones are probably those that committed suicide, like how Rakka is implied to have jumped and Reki ran into a train.

The whole situation with the town have actual humans in it throws a bit of a wrench in that thought, but since the whole town was walled off from the world, and only allowing Toga in/out, could either be a literal location in the world, or some other plane of existence. I actually thought the Communicator and Toga might have been Haibane, either Sin-bound or regular, that never passed on, but they never elaborated on that, so just personal thoughts.

Pretty fun to think about.

yes thats the basic consensus although tons of speculation of every last detail has been discussed.
In fact, i cant believe its still around but the best Haibane fansite can be found here: http://cff.ssw.net/
There is a discussion forum, fanart and stuff about other shows as well.
the members appear to be older fans and discussion is quite mature but not elitist or condescending. It is a marvelous place.

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary Complete Collection Bluray up for pre-order on TRSI.

Looks like that takes care of one panel announcement from later today lol.

Edit: I'm dumb and missed the press release.

this is what I waited several years for. Ordered!

Looks great! Cant wait for slime, harpy, and mermaid cuties!

phaze

Ninja Slayer 05
Someone wake me up when the blond girl arrives.

My Meat Can't Possibly Be This Tsundere/Soma 07
After perpetually being on the verge of dropping this, I think I will call it quits here. It's not even terrible, bah the execution is quite strong but the source material doesn't do enough to interest me and is predictable to a fault. With the first titular Shokugeki failing to grab me and with the story (from what I'm reading) not changing much in the future, I do not see a point in venturing any further into the lewd food land.

Quasar

Snafu 2.06-7 - Well those meeting scenes felt uncomfortably real. And I wasn't ever in a student council. And Hachiman, you better hurry up. Did not expect that callback, or whatever you'd like to call it.

Assassination Classroom started so well but its just bullshit right now. Filler bullshit.

It's everything BUT Filler

Ass_classroom - 17

Assassination%20Classroom%20-%2017_01.jpg

It's not a mistake , it's what it was meant to be !

Pretty good episode , with plenty of foreshadowing for later and quite a lot of useless trivia in it. I'll never understand the beetle craze in japan..it's just something else , but looking at it , this chapter did include quite a bit of information on many characters. I really hope they don't mess up the next episodes, we could have such an intresting finale.

Assassination%20Classroom%20-%2017_02.jpg

The seeds for a perfect duo are there.

^^ damn i hope they will manage to include the whole trip in the anime ^^ because i really want to see "that" chapter animated.

Anko

Show by Rock 02-06
I'm sort of waiting for the shit to hit the fan. That setting in ep 01 has this written all over it. Pls hit fan soon. Thanks. ( ゚∀゚)

And I can't be the only one screaming for Cyan to hug Retoree while she was apologising in the bath. HUG HER DAMMIT.

Strike Witches new TV series confirmed will be about 502

http://hukugouzainahibi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2124.html

Eila and Sanya have got to be in this one. Eila and Sanya have got to be in this one! Eila and Sanya have got to be in this one!!!!

There's no other explanation as to why they didn't get their OVA episodeeee.

Bikini Warriors TV anime this July http://bikini-warriors.com/anime/

Let me guess. It's from the same folks that brought us Queen's Blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom