• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSN UBW ep 19
Lancer with his amazing E-rank luck of the Irish.

p.s Best lancer
q3jDU9U.jpg

phaze

Fate/Stay Night: UBW 19
I finally fully get the comments on the (F/Z spoilers I suppose.)
Lancer class
in Fate franchise.
And between the drama queen Archer, non entity Rider and the other not very interesting Servant characters, he has grown to be my favourite one in FSN. I knew that he probably wouldn't survive but goddamn that was a bad way to go. Especially after just showing off his moral compass. I was thoroughly convinced that Sakura (episode 1 and that something on her hand was such a red herring in retrospect. Or maybe she gave her seals to Kirei since then ? She did have some dealings with Gilga)
was his master so the
reveal of Kirei
came as big surprise.
This moment between him and Rin was
one of the things I've been waiting for since end of F/Z and it didn't disappoint. Though Rin's reaction was bit weaker than I expected, more pure anger, less cheesy heaven, hell and purgatory word exercises pls.

In comparison, the conversation between the two idiots bored the hell out of me. Wonder what asspull Shirou will come with this time.

cj_iwakura

I finally fully get the comments on the (F/Z spoilers I suppose.)
Lancer class
in Fate franchise.
And between the drama queen Archer, non entity Rider and the other not very interesting Servant characters, he has grown to be my favourite one in FSN. I knew that he probably wouldn't survive but goddamn that was a bad way to go. Especially after just showing off his moral compass. I was thoroughly convinced that Sakura (episode 1 and that something on her hand was such a red herring in retrospect. Or maybe she gave her seals to Kirei since then ? She did have some dealings with Gilga)
was his master so the
reveal of Kirei
came as big surprise.
This moment between him and Rin was
one of the things I've been waiting for since end of F/Z and it didn't disappoint. Though Rin's reaction was bit weaker than I expected, more pure anger, less cheesy heaven, hell and purgatory word exercises pls.

In comparison, the conversation of the two idiots bored the hell out of me. Wonder what asspull Shirou will come with this time.

I thought Shirou was pretty badass there.

Plastic Memories ep 7
Another cute episode, I really like that they are going for a less depressive approach given
Isla´s current situation.
That date was pretty enjoyable to watch and also had an interesting twist at the end.

That was my first post on Anime-GAF :D, hope to participate a lot more since there are some really good shows this season

UtaPri 3 Episode 7 Only One
CFJj7MGXIAA-JDU.png
CFJkpO3WgAAH0J7.png

Ranmaru episode. I think they could have paced a bit better so that the song wasnt the ending moment but otherwise great build up to it. Kind of funny when they related his rock thing to Syo's thing for manliness.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
UBW Ep 19

So... they spewed the same lines like 3 different times in 3 different ways to pad out the episode? Whatever.

Jarmel

Banned
Kekkai Sensen-7

Lots of stills and the action wasn't as good as I was hoping.

However it's apparent that the show is laying a lot of groundwork for the endgame stuff. If this is going down the route I think it's going, people are going to be eating their words about a few of the previous episodes not being serial enough.

Arabesque

You never know, Zero pushed the envelope pretty hard.

The envelope that Zero pushed is very different from the one that the initial stay night PC release had.

Besides, they won't stray from what the definitive version (Réalta Nua) had, unless they want Shirou to look like a colossal dickbag.

p.s Best lancer

Pretty cool design. Koyama continues to deliver (and she looks pretty nice animated too).

I can see why Cu was saying Rin reminded him of her

cj_iwakura

The envelope that Zero pushed is very different from the one that the initial stay night PC release had.

Besides, they won't stray from what the definitive version (Réalta Nua) had, unless they want Shirou to look like a colossal dickbag.

Oh sure, I don't expect the original scene, but imagine if they went there.
Tsundere to the last.

Mind you, I thought the scene was vile, but she sure stuck to her Ihateyoustupidjerk guns.

Pretty cool design. Koyama continues to deliver (and she looks pretty nice animated too).

Is she from the new thing?

Arabesque

Is she from the new thing?

She's the new Lancer for the Free to Play mobile game they are putting out, Fate/Grand Order.

Spoilers for who she is here

She doesn't even come close to...

...her. Actual best Lancer.

Among all of the ridiculous nonsense in CCC, the identity of Lancer remains something of a sore point with me.

I mean I get why he wanted to use it as an allegory for the idol industry, but really ...

Was this what was happening in the beginning of the episode?

Yeah, looks like Extra's Archer origin is now canon in stay night.

Which is a bit strange, but I guess much in the same way they changed Morder's design from the Takeuchi design to the Higashide one, they are trying to incorporate more elements from other titles to make people check them out.

Shigurui - 03-06

The content continues to be disturbing and the direction (including the rather unique sound direction and OST) do their best to amplify that.

By now it has also gotten quite apparent that the characterization is fairly good, too.

I wish the fighting would consist a little bit less of posing with the following 'too-fast-to-see' strike that seals the deal, but at least this stuff is done competently.

Really enjoying my time with this somewhat unique feeling anime.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

For what it's worth the original non-dolphin scene is hilarious.

Jarmel

Banned
UBW-19

This is so fucking lazy. Like why not just do the full flashback instead of an entire damn episode filled with words. It's not like they don't have the spare episodes. Come on.

Just mountains of words for shit that didn't need to be said.

cj_iwakura

Idolm@ster 05

eGyqeiJ.png

Being Producer is suffering, you don't even get a name, just morals.

Not sure how I feel about this show. It's cute, but it feels like that's all it is; cute girls doing cute things the series.

cj_iwakura

I am pretty surprised about that. I wonder if they just didn't think anyone would care after seeing how well the import Persona 3 movies sold? Strange choice.

Seems that that's the only announcement Aniplex has for the day. Still anxiously awaiting news of what they're planning for Mushishi.

It could be because it's just not that good.

Honestly I would care if Persona 4 Golden didn't get a dub because it really wasn't that good. Though I would highly appreciate if Persona 3 Movies did get a dub because they are far superior than all the Persona anime adaptations we've gotten so far.

Clov

When deciding to dub something, how good it is is never really a factor. Keep in mind that this is the same company that commissioned a dub for Sword Art Online. When deciding to make a dub for a title, popularity is the primary factor to take into account.

Given this, another possibility is that the streaming numbers weren't very good. Which seems strange to me, since I'd figure that a Persona title would do well.

cj_iwakura

When deciding to dub something, how good it is is never really a factor. Keep in mind that this is the same company that commissioned a dub for Sword Art Online. When deciding to make a dub for a title, popularity is the primary factor to take into account.

Given this, another possibility is that the streaming numbers weren't very good. Which seems strange to me, since I'd figure that a Persona title would do well.

It was pretty much universally panned as it streamed. Only the Adachi episode got any positive feedback.

Clov

It was pretty much universally panned as it streamed. Only the Adachi episode got any positive feedback.

I never paid attention to the reactions to the show, since I didn't care to watch it. I guess the negative reaction must have turned off some people from watching it.

cj_iwakura

I never paid attention to the reactions to the show, since I didn't care to watch it. I guess the negative reaction must have turned off some people from watching it.

There's just nothing to it. At best it's Marie pandering, at worst random silliness(just like the game!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom