• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Never forget dub only bdss of P4A.

It's the only reason I haven't bought them yet too.

As someone who only thought the Adachi episodes were really good, i'll pass. I'd definitely pay that kind of money for the JP dub of the first series though!

Hopefully sometime this summer at a panel they announce Samurai Flamenco BDs are finally being released. It's probably my most anticipated thing i'm waiting for from them.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Catching up on the backlog. Just wrapped up Girls und Panzer, trying to figure out what to jump to next...is Saki worth checking out?

Catching up on the backlog. Just wrapped up Girls und Panzer, trying to figure out what to jump to next...is Saki worth checking out?
Saki is a great series even if you don't know how to play mahjong though of course a bit will go over your head. You just have to be ok with some superpowers and heavy lesbian overtones.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
No joke.
Ash11zJ.jpg

There's a running joke in Chinese Fate community that all lancers are doomed for E luck.

John Blade

Going to watch Gasaraki as it have been in my DVD collection for a while now. Never heard much of the show except people say it's like Evangelion and I like the mecha look. Anyone have to say about the show or expectation for it (no spoilers plz).

Narag

Going to watch Gasaraki as it have been in my DVD collection for a while now. Never heard much of the show except people say it's like Evangelion and I like the mecha look. Anyone have to say about the show or expectation for it (no spoilers plz).

It's always been regarded as sort of boring from what I've read. It's a Ryosuke Takahashi work though so I want to give it a fair shake eventually myself.

Bikini Warriors TV anime this July http://bikini-warriors.com/anime/

Are you sure this isn't a Queen's Blade spinoff?

For those not watching this show, the character and moments DTL are describing is said character literally attempting to rape the heroine.

Well DTL loved whats his face in SAO2 who tried to rape Shinon.

Came in exactly 1 month early, I bought this for the 2D mechs, tummies, and dat launch sequence.

2015-05-1613.34.306moft.jpg

I thought everyone but me forgot this existed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think its funnier that there is a "Chinese Fate community."

Theonik

Kirei would rather have him dead than disloyal, I suppose.
Kirei is just a dickhead. All his actions can be explained on that basis.

When you can't convince others, you gotta play on their level.
Perfect.

Do you like possibly nopan lesbians play possibility defying mahjong? Then Saki might be just the show for you!

phaze

Shigurui - 03-06

The content continues to be disturbing and the direction (including the rather unique sound direction and OST) do their best to amplify that.

By now it has also gotten quite apparent that the characterization is fairly good, too.

I wish the fighting would consist a little bit less of posing with the following 'too-fast-to-see' strike that seals the deal, but at least this stuff is done competently.

Really enjoying my time with this somewhat unique feeling anime.

Seeing more people enjoy true art warms my heart.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 09/28

The more things change the more they stay the same ? Seems like there is no point in expecting any kind of shift in character dynamics/interactions. Because here, at the end of the chronological run, nothing seems to have changed. Even the Haruhi&Kyon thing seems to have gone nowhere. Maybe I was wrong about them. Or Kyon has amnesia. Or they're saving it for the movie. I just hope there is some kind of resolution/conclusion to the supernatural plot.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sabegebul 6-10

How can someone be so cruel and lovable at the same time.

injJTgJ.gif

zGwKRNS.gif

2 more episodes, I really don't want this to end.

Seraph of the End - 07

Nice to witness the aftermath of the city, especially now when we get to see it up close. Shinoa had a larger presence in this which I appreciate, since she's the only entertaining character to me.
The action sequences were short, so nothing that impressed me nor stood out. The demonic summonings looks pretty.
Background dump

Stulaw

The more things change the more they stay the same ? Seems like there is no point in expecting any kind of shift in character dynamics/interactions. Because here, at the end of the chronological run, nothing seems to have changed. Even the Haruhi&Kyon thing seems to have gone nowhere. Maybe I was wrong about them. Or Kyon has amnesia. Or they're saving it for the movie. I just hope there is some kind of resolution/conclusion to the supernatural plot.

You'll have to read the manga or light novels since the anime, including Disappearance is only a bit more than half way through the story so far, and even then there's supposed to be a new light novel eventually, although I doubt it will happen. They really should animate the rest, hopefully the Nagato Yuki-chan anime will spur someone to green light it. Still watch the Disappearance, it's good.

Edit: oh, apparently you watched it in broadcast order (from a poster below), that explains a lot.

UBW 19

Didn't expect
Lancer to die like that, surprised Gilgamesh didn't turn up at all.
looking forward to next week's episode.

Plastic Memories 7

Cute episode, Tsundere girl gonna Tsundere. It's probably going to be a bitter sweet ending to the series, or something's going to happen like
the bad guys who kidnapped the androids were actually experimenting on finding a way for extending their lives or something.

Punchline 6

I'm a bit late to this, but I didn't expect the twist where
Yuta was actually a girl.
although I did guess the fact that
the spirit that inhabited Yuta's body was Yuta from the future
a while ago. I hope the ending animation comes back next week.

Soma 7

The perfect anime adaptation stays perfect, Soma's awesome, and Nikumi's only real chance of establishing herself as the main girl has come and gone, Megumi remains #1, although Nikumi's a close second.

Danmachi 7

So they finally try to establish Aiz's character, Bell almost had the Ned Flanders scream at one point.

Concerning the Punch Line ep6 'twist'

SPOILER WARNING

Well, that might be a twist but it's not a particularly clever one. Oh he's actually a she, wow! I totally should've seen that coming because...well...because she looks and talks like a guy and gets the cliché nosebleed reaction constantly. There were minor hints at best (like the one person from the flashbacks missing) but was there anything substantially actually? If not, that kind of twist isn't worth a damn.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 6

This episode had an angel so strong they needed all the energy in Japan to beat it.

They're going to have sucked up all the world's power by the time they fight the last one.

Plastic Memories 07
Pretty bitter sweet episode,
they both go on a date, and Isla had a ton of fun with Tsukasa until he collapsed. The final scene served as a reminder that she won't be lasting long, but at least he's still with her until the end.

Seraph 07
Shinoa makes this show fun to watch lol. Anyway this episode was really good, I digged it quite a lot. This show gets better with every episode, I like what I am seeing. The animation was much better this time around too.

Jarmel

Banned

SPOILER WARNING

Well, that might be a twist but it's not a particularly clever one. Oh he's actually a she, wow! I totally should've seen that coming because...well...because she looks and talks like a guy and gets the cliché nosebleed reaction constantly. There were minor hints at best (like the one person from the flashbacks missing) but was there anything substantially actually? If not, that kind of twist isn't worth a damn.

Well there kind of is. There were three kids in that lab and the only one we didn't really have a clue about was the
black haired girl

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

SPOILER WARNING

wait it turned into
gender bender?
goddamit i gotta watch now

El Sloth

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Just watched this for the first time. People told me that this was supposed to be grimdark Sailor Moon, but I thought it was a nice bittersweet story with dark moments that didn't come off as juvenile attempts at edge (sup, Magi). I did enjoy how the show tries to initially play itself off as something a lot more innocent, and then the drastic shift in tone in the ED after a sudden critical death. I was completely not expecting the great creative visuals though. Every encounter with a witch or the like was such a treat.

Total bummer of an ending.

Since I totally missed out on this when it was hot, can people tell me what the reception to the show and certain episodes were like here? I regret not watching it along with everyone else.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

This was okay. EXCEPT FOR ALL THE GARBAGE CG. Actually, the story was pretty meh too. And the in your face fanservice in some episodes was weird. Especially considering the age of some of the girls...

I admit the sudden bootyshaking made me laugh so hard that I had to pause the show to compose myself. So weird!

At least there were some pretty shots of the boats and city.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Just watched this for the first time. People told me that this was supposed to be grimdark Sailor Moon, but I thought it was a nice bittersweet story with dark moments that didn't come off as juvenile attempts at edge (sup, Magi). I did enjoy how the show tries to initially play itself off as something a lot more innocent, and then the drastic shit in tone in the ED after a sudden critical death. I was completely not expecting the great creative visuals though. Every encounter with a witch or the like was such a treat.

Since I totally missed out on this when it was hot, can people tell me what the reception to the show and certain episodes were like here? I regret not watching it along with everyone else.

This was okay. EXCEPT FOR ALL THE GARBAGE CG. Actually, the story was pretty meh too. And the in your face fanservice in some episodes was weird. Especially considering the age of some of the girls...

I admit the sudden bootyshaking made me laugh so hard that I had to pause the show to compose myself. So weird!

for madoka, the last 2 episodes were delayed indefinitely because of the earthquake. that really contributed to the show's status.

Seraph of the End 7

Sasuke--err Yu activated his cursed seal that scared the vampires away. Still moving at a snails pace though, hope it picks up soon. New girl is cool. Shinoa is still the best.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dungeon Girls 7

Bell-kun, a friendly reminder:

Things that are not wrong:

* Picking up girls in a dungeon

Things that are wrong:

* Making out with girls while they are sleeping

This is what you get for watching in broadcast order. In chronological order it makes sense and Haruhi has a great progression over the course of the show.

Midonin

Go! Princess Precure 16

I don't keep up with Precure scans the same way I do with Sentai and Rider, so I was completely unaware a third set of keys was on the way. Minami's earned the first one, with the impressive-sounding power of.... bubbles.(The joy and the laughter.) A third attack for Minami it is. Aside from that, it was a nice episode with Minami and friends at the beach, and focusing on her dolphin friend Tina. Minami is a strong, smart, sensual woman. Speaking of family members.

Next week is another Kirara focuser, with the return of her mother and another new key.

Just watched this for the first time. People told me that this was supposed to be grimdark Sailor Moon, but I thought it was a nice bittersweet story with dark moments that didn't come off as juvenile attempts at edge (sup, Magi). I did enjoy how the show tries to initially play itself off as something a lot more innocent, and then the drastic shit in tone in the ED after a sudden critical death. I was completely not expecting the great creative visuals though. Every encounter with a witch or the like was such a treat.

Madoka Magica is great. One of my favorite shows of all time.

Its third movie is one of my most hated shows of all time.

Also, I actually thought the CG in Gargantia wasn't all that bad. Well, compared to many other CG mecha shows anyway.

Blood Blockade 07
Another great episode. When Klaus
blew that guy's brains out I couldn't help but look like this O.O.
What happened at that part anyway? I'm confused since he seemed okay in the end?

UBW 19
Damnn way to leave me hanging! Gotta wait till next week to see
present Emiya vs Future Emiya.
Also,
Lancer's death left me really upset.
For fuck's sake.

Tuck

BBB - 7
Really enjoyable - the appearance of the blood-breed at the end really sold it - I've been wanting more on the main plot for a while now, though the episodic stories are decent too (Like last weeks). Leo's friendship with Black and White continue to develop. Looks like the main story is finally coming more into focus.

I do feel this was a bit of a missed opportunity to dive into Klaus and Zapp's relationship more, and develop the characters a bit. As it stands they remain pretty flat, though are certainly fun to watch.

Sterok

Re-Kan 7

Back to perfectly average for this show. More focus on the ghosts this time. Those two get along well. Nice glasses. Maybe that cat can be useful after all. Inoue gets drunk easily.

Cornbread78

SNAFU ep.7
Man Hachiman has it pretty tough here. He has to find a good balance between what he feels is the right thing to do with what those around him feel. He doesn't do that right now very wellx so hopefully that
that conversation with Yuki
helps him open up and be more honest about his motivations.

Plastic Memories ep.7
Man, the feels from this show are Soo good from week to week. I don't know if I will be able to handle the last couple episodes. Isla is finally opening up and is very cute about it. Hopefully, Tsukasa keeps that frame of mind and really just wants to make her happy
for her last month. It was amazing to hear her come clean about it finally.
It was yet another touching moment. Poor Mich. maybe she will get a shot much later, but...

Tuck

UBW - 19
Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk so much fucking talking.

It least the parts with Rin were interesting, though Blue hair is a real creep.

I don't know, the second half of this show has sort of fell flat. I was told the second half gets crazy. So far its been a lot of "Oh next episode will be insane!" followed by an underwhelming conclusion to a particular plot thread, followed by more "Oh, next episode will be insane!" Once again, here we are. But this time I'm not getting excited. Because I know the next episode will be 10% awesome fight (hopefully), and 40% worthwhile exposition and 50% needless exposition (and I'm probably being generous).

I'll give the show credit though,
Lancer's death was a surprise.
Unfortunately it was also really anti-climactic. Just like Caster's.

Ugh Soma pisses me off.

I wanna enjoy all the shounen cooking food battles but it has to shove all the ecchi shit in my face every other scene.

Yes I get it the girl has big floopy tits, I noticed the first damn time.

I should just read the manga but then I can't see the food in color, this sucks.

Ugh Soma pisses me off.

I wanna enjoy all the shounen cooking food battles but it has to shove all the ecchi shit in my face every other scene.

Yes I get it the girl has big floopy tits, I noticed the first damn time.

I should just read the manga but then I can't see the food in color, this sucks.

The ecchi stuff gets toned down. I don't remember when, but the foodgasms kinda switch from "I'm orgasming because this food is so good!" to more ridiculous and less ecchi stuff, like everyone eating the food turning into a Magical Girl squad (seriously). I think manga-wise it's been a while since someones clothes exploded off.

The ecchi stuff gets toned down. I don't remember when, but the foodgasms kinda switch from "I'm orgasming because this food is so good!" to more ridiculous and less ecchi stuff, like everyone eating the food turning into a Magical Girl squad (seriously). I think manga-wise it's been a while since someones clothes exploded off.

this episode wasn't even about the foodgasms, every time Nikumi or whatever came up on screen they made damn sure to focus on her bouncy boobs, and that opening scene which was just her putting on bras.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom