• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, long live Love Live! I shall add it to my MAL now and watch both seasons on Crunchyroll to further my enlightenment.
Love Live is pretty good. I expect to see you in the Nico fanclub shortly.

zbPm2BT.png

Sterok

Magic Knight Rayearth 21-24

So melancholic. Going on adventure on another world and learning everything was a lie would be rather traumatic. It highlights how one can't really go back to normal life after all that. Luckily for them, they don't have to. Now Cephiro is at war, and we're in a mecha show now. Seriously, the differences between the two season is just jarring. It's practically a different show. I'm curious as to what the general reaction was to this shift in tone/style. Also, Lantis is freaking tall. Like a noodle. Mysterious dreams, and a greater villain than 3 rival countries.

Also the beginning of the Clampy romances. Fuu/Ferio is fine obviously. Set up before hand, and they get along well. Umi/Ascot or Umi/Clef is just weird though. Really don't know what to think of those. And then there's Hikaru/Lantis, which I file as Clamp being Clamp.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I never thought I'd get voice actress moe once Kobayashi retired to the glue factory, but Karen in the latest Kinimoza was just too much. Dat Engrish. lol

Zephyx

His face when Yukino told him not to come anymore was hilarious. I guess he never expected to hear that. "If you were to break down, that'd be all there was to it". That line is confusing. That'd be all to what? I feel like that was a weird translation by Crunchyroll.

That part was so good. Also, that line you mentioned was a bit off and confusing. I think the translated LN and other sub groups handled that part better.

jgminto

This season has been a lot better than the last few seasons, which only avoided total disaster and disappointment
GBF Try
due to long running staples. Now next season on the other hand...that is a true pit of depravity.

jgminto

Prison School looks like wholesome fun compared to the other trash on the schedule.

I also don't expect the anime to live up to it.

Zephyx

I started following anime just this season because of SNAFU and Soma. Normally, I'd wait till the end of the season and marathon it so I don't get a nagging feeling I was left hanging. I think I need one more to add to my list. Maybe Grisaia (I haven't watched or have any idea of the story)?

Prison School looks like wholesome fun compared to the other trash on the schedule.

I also don't expect the anime to live up to it.
Same here. It'll likely be toned down given its content which will affect the humor and interactions which are the staple of the manga.

Yamada and the seven witches - 06

Quite a simple episode , especially after the last 2 arcs . Hopefully , this will lead to something else with more episodes, maybe ?

Won't he lose that hability once he switch to another next episode ? what a shame.

I started following anime just this season because of SNAFU and Soma. Normally, I'd wait till the end of the season and marathon it so I don't get a nagging feeling I was left hanging. I think I need one more to add to my list. Maybe Grisaia (I haven't watched or have any idea of the story)?

Try Sound Euphonium or Blood Blockade Battlefront.

jgminto

Ninja Slayer 5

Dunno why people were upset about this. It was still fun even if they didn't use the go-to animation style, it will likely be back next week. The hard close ups were an interesting take on it and conveyed the inspirations of the show, all that mature 90's anime shading.

Same here. It'll likely be toned down given its content which will affect the humor and interactions which are the staple of the manga.

The quality of the art and animation is more what I'm worried about.

Cornbread78

Fruit of Grisaia is like is a tale of multiple different anime series built into one. It's goes from being a lighthearted and fun schooltime, harem anime to a dark, gritty and intellectual anime. Then switches to this series which started at backstory about the MC, then just took another completely different route. I really enjoy it a lot.

Oh, also:

Etotama is just plain fun
Plastic Memories is an emotional story
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon is also good.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
YuGiOh 5D's 01-07

Once again, no fucking clue what's going on or how these new monsters work but its an oddly watchable show so far. way more than Vanguard.

You mean Synchros? Basically, there's a new type of monster in 5D's called a Synchro monster. You summon them by a process called "tuning", which is basically like Fusion except you do it with a special monster called a "Tuner Monster" instead of a spell card like "Polymerization". When you "tune", you send the Tuner monster and another monster on your field to the graveyard and summon a Synchro monster from your Extra Deck with a level equal to the combined levels of the tuned monsters. So if you have a Lv3 tuner and another Lv4 monster on the field and tune them, you can summon a Lv7 Synchro monster.

I really like 5D's; everyone jokes about card games on motorcycles but there's a decent argument for it being the best Yugioh season on the strength of its setting, conflicts, and slightly older cast.

I really like 5D's; everyone jokes about card games on motorcycles but there's a decent argument for it being the best Yugioh season on the strength of its setting, conflicts, and slightly older cast.

The silly thing is that card games on motorcycles seems pretty damn tame now compared to the sequel series.

Card games in SPACE! (completely terrible)
Card games on HIPPOS! (pretty damn fun now)

Baby Steps 2 7:
Ei-chan does a great job showing everyone how much he's grown. I love how Araya lays out all of his weaknesses, because we know that everyone is about to see how none of them even matter anymore. And damn, the show is really working at making you feel for Miyagawa. It's a shame that he's going to have to lose in order to Ei-chan to keep going. Pretty cruel to not let both of them at least advance to the next round.

We're seeing how other players can start to evolve as well, and Miyagawa's new skills definitely make him a more formidable opponent, so this match should be a pretty good one. We're definitely set for something that should have some great reversals and a lot of good in game analysis.

I'm looking forward to that Gate anime this summer.

Guys, it's got the military fighting dragons in a fantasy land when they're on an adventure and stuff.

jgminto

Screw all the ecchi harem and moe crap that's gonna air in Summer. The anime that's gonna truly save Summer is gonna be Gangsta.

Your heard me, it's the anime we need to save us from the abundance of ecchi anime. I mean we have 2 absolutely based protagonists.��

It certainly looks like something that would fit in with other mediocre 90's anime nobody remembers. Perhaps the protagonists will be more interesting outside of a trailer but they don't seem like they're up to carrying a thrilling action crime story.

I'm looking forward to that Gate anime this summer.

Guys, it's got the military fighting dragons in a fantasy land when they're on an adventure and stuff.

Never seen a concept so fresh,

Jintor

I was vaguely interested since it's got a Log Horizon-ish ideaaaaaaaaaaa but I hear it's pretty nationalistic or something.

idk

Narag

Yōji Itami, the otaku leader

Takeo Kurata, a member of the group sent into the new world. He is also an otaku, and loves beast girls.

Tuka Luna Marso, a member of the elf race with blonde hair

two nerds (albeit one with good taste) and an elf that isn't even brown. Doomed from the start.

Saudades

This season has been a lot better than the last few seasons, which only avoided total disaster and disappointment
GBF Try
due to long running staples. Now next season on the other hand...that is a true pit of depravity.
Last season is bad for sure...but at least it has one standout pick that I followed till the end, which is Death Parade. This season just has a lot of decent shows but none of which I really want to follow (haven't seen the long-running ones like Gintama & Jojos).
The only ones on my radar for the next few seasons are Prison School and that noitamina one with Asano's character design.
PRISON SCHOOL GONNA BE GREAT

I HOPE
How many seasons will they take to get to where the manga is at now...that last chapter was some euphoric stuff.
I really like 5D's too. Some of the stuff in the later tourney arc aren't as good as the beginning, but goddamn I love the ending of that series.
Even made an AMV for it back in high school.
It also has this Masaaki Endoh OP, which is the best thing ever (this is the last OP, so spoiler alert for those still watching).
Card games on motorcycles didn't have a problem with me, but card games on
skateboards
that somehow manage to tag along with motorcycles did, however.

I was vaguely interested since it's got a Log Horizon-ish ideaaaaaaaaaaa but I hear it's pretty nationalistic or something.

idk
There are some nationalistic tones at times that can get pretty annoying in the manga, hopefully they tone them down for the adaption.

two nerds (albeit one with good taste) and an elf that isn't even brown. Doomed from the start.

A Brown Elf does appear at some point.

It certainly looks like something that would fit in with other mediocre 90's anime nobody remembers. Perhaps the protagonists will be more interesting outside of a trailer but they don't seem like they're up to carrying a thrilling action crime story.

Trust me it's not gonna be like those mediocre 90's anime. Plus the way sign language is integrated in the series is pretty awesome.

Gangsta has two pretty awesome and interesting protagonists, the trailer doesn't really show much.

You mean Synchros? Basically, there's a new type of monster in 5D's called a Synchro monster. You summon them by a process called "tuning", which is basically like Fusion except you do it with a special monster called a "Tuner Monster" instead of a spell card like "Polymerization". When you "tune", you send the Tuner monster and another monster on your field to the graveyard and summon a Synchro monster from your Extra Deck with a level equal to the combined levels of the tuned monsters. So if you have a Lv3 tuner and another Lv4 monster on the field and tune them, you can summon a Lv7 Synchro monster.

Card games on motorcycles sound really dumb, and while it would be super stupid IRL, the show makes good use of the concept in making the duels more dynamic and visually appealing

Cross Ange minus the viewer self-loathing and trashy lesbianism? What's the point?

gate looks like typical bottom of the barrel drek

I was scared when I saw the premise too, but I was actually pretty surprised how the manga goes about it.

Like, I found it to be more about the military group in the fantasy world as a whole as opposed to just one nerd in the group, like it usually goes with these kind of stories.

I don't know. I've seen low bottom-of-the-barrel trash before, and the little I've read of Gate just seemed impressive to me by comparison. So I'm interested to see how the anime goes about it, to say the least.

Cornbread78

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 6Yamada is a playa as he makes out with yet another
witch, this time the green one. He also gets to see Odagiri naked as well as feel her boobs in his back.
who knew body switching could be so much fun! Also,
Green witch is your cute a quiet type, lol
Yamada and Urara continue to get closer, so I'm very interested in how that developes as well.

Love Live!
Umm, yeah, well, the lead was pretty cute, but her little sis' future school looks pretty sweet, lol! Now they have to add the piano chick and one more! This should be an interesting watch.
#team nobody yet

Isn't Non Non Biyori S2 starting this summer?

That is an odd translation. Wouldn't really know what they were trying to say lol and I do agree, being honest with each other near the end of the season will seal it nicely for another season.
That'll happen in like 2-3 years ;_;

That part was so good. Also, that line you mentioned was a bit off and confusing. I think the translated LN and other sub groups handled that part better.

Did some digging and fansubs say "If this is all that it takes to tear us apart then maybe we weren't all that close to begin with". This sounds infinitely better than the Crunchy sub, and more meaningful as this is what Hachiman said to Hayama few episodes back.

Yeah, I'm kinda apprehensive about the end of this season. I had no idea SNAFU was based on a LN and I didnt really pay attention as much during the first season so I didnt really miss it too much when it finished. I'm really gonna hate the wait for new LNs to drop and for a new season, which will take another few years to materialize :(

Midonin

In terms of non-sequel stuff, my most anticipated summer series are either Sore ga Seiyuu! or ShimoSeka. Voice actors and dirty jokes, respectively.

I don't even know what's airing next season outside of stuff I'm already picking up or continuing like Imas so I'm probably going to end up watch a ridiculous amount again after being conservative this season

zulux21

Screw all the ecchi harem and moe crap that's gonna air in Summer. The anime that's gonna truly save Summer is gonna be Gangsta.

Your heard me, it's the anime we need to save us from the abundance of ecchi anime. I mean we have 2 absolutely based protagonists.😎

this does indeed looks pretty good.

I am also looking forward to how Charlotte will turn out, God Eater should at least be a treat for the eyes given the animation company (though the trailer was odd)

but alas, the anime that will save us from ecchi harem and moe will of course be Dragon Ball Super :p

this does indeed looks pretty good.

I am also looking forward to how Charlotte will turn out, God Eater should at least be a treat for the eyes given the animation company (though the trailer was odd)

but alas, the anime that will save us from ecchi harem and moe will of course be Dragon Ball Super :p

But it won't save us from Toriyama's asspulls.😌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom