• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Well to be fair she
never realises she's throwing the fit, so
Fix'd. Come on, there's a lot of drama queens in the world, but noone can bully the world the way Haruhi does : D

Also, she doesnt do it on purpose. She have powers that obey her subconscious/deepest wishes.

Plus, I think that the things that can build up and transform the way or the things the subconscious thinks, are the small, tiny, life details and events, you cant even care about or notice, but you just internalize for some reason, and you act according to them without even knowing.

So, the thing that can end the endless eight, can really be such a small, stupid thing.
The subconscious can be tricky and weird.

Stop bringing logic to my hatetrain.

Her subconsciousness is also a part of her ! And thus I'm free to hold her accountable for the shit she pulls ! ;p
Kyon-kun denwa, motherfucker.

I dunno, Endless Eight was truly s.th. special. Perhaps it's because I wasn't aware I was in this 'endless eight' arc but I really was like "holy shit, this HAS to be the last episode now, right? This couldn't possible be drawn out any longer...." Kind of exhilarating. Rewatching the episodes with different framing etc. was sort of interesting too. Of course, I at some point just did something else while running the show on my second display but damn if it ain't some unique insanity to actually go through with repeating the plot of an episode another whole 7 times in a row.

Don't need you to tell me that !

I give them props for not going the cheap way about it but even with that, I could barely stand it. And I wasn't even paying much attention in the 2nd and 7th episode !

Gintama 272
The true dangers of playing kick the can. Looks like they will still be jumping around chronologically for next weeks episode. I just want them to get to the damn Confession Both Arc.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku 07
She has gazed at yet another cute girl.
BA4RUz4l.png

cajunator

Banned
lol, nice. Well, she was pretty cool.

quoting again because Sinon.

The idea of coping with being stuck in an MMO is one of things that was handled in a completely absurd way in SAO. You can't be a super-fucking-hero in an MMO. That's the point of an MMO.

At least Log Horizon attempted to actually address the realities of living in an MMO and how people cope with it. (By taking a kitty husband)

Log horizon definitely appears as though it was written not as self fulfillment pandering but what actually happens in an MMO. It still has some silly moments and Akatsuki and , Serara, and Lazy princess are moe as all hell but overall the show sticks more to its subject matter.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but wasn't Kirito chosen to be as strong as he was from his beta experience and was granted the duel wield as confirmation of that later on? He OP'd himself as a loner and knowing the mechanics of Aincrad more than anyone.

Also, Log Horizon did do a much better job with the life with an MMO, which reflects the difference in focus between the two different animes. If they merged the two stories types it would be near perfect, however, they are separate. .

No doubt Kirito is an elite master beater.

Man the publisher of Etotama's Blu-rays completely fucked up and have killed any chance of there being a second season. It already released it's Vol 2 BR, it sold 586 units the first week which is slightly better then Vol 1 which 494. Difference being they had the 'smart' idea of releasing Vol 1 before the 2nd episode even aired....and no the anime hasn't done anything for the manga sales wise.

THats pretty awful. Fractale levels of bombing. Im sad.

Anko

Hibike! Euphonium 07
I really like the relationship between the third years a lot. I especially loved the scene between Kaori and Haruka in the bedroom.

Now, if only they weren't headed for a freaking romance drama.

cajunator

Banned
Congrats on levelling up cajun!

My bad if I got the age wrong.

THanks all of you :)
I really love you guys!

Yeh this scene and the ot her very well animated one in the following episode (where Kousaka blushes) actually stood out to me because the character interaction felt just slightly weird and does radiate some yuri undertones. This first scene for instance...why the heck is she almost sensually brushing her hair back like this and smiling in a manner she rarely does? It just seems slightly exaggerated and in combination with getting that extra animation effort felt a tad off. I wouldn't necessarily attribute that to anything if the show didn't demonstrate its yuri tones at other times already.

There is definitely a tinge of yuri. It cant just be artistic. Theres some lily action going on.
KyoAni knows its audience. They cant resist the occasional cute blush or lighting flourish to accentuate it.

I should mention that I'm really not happy with the current season at all. All the shows (except for Gintama which I have to catch up) largely just seem competent, as noted by someone earlier. They each have notable flaws that vary from shitty CGI to flat direction. There really aren't many out and out bad shows this season but nothing really knocking it out of the park. I'll give a few examples.

I feel like Shougeki no Souma has the most interesting premise this season. It actually reminds me a lot of Gundam Build Fighters in that you have cool confident leads who use a rather stupid concept in a somewhat serious manner. It's a show that has a lot of fun with the characters while at the same time has a very entertaining atmosphere. However that fanservice. I mean I can understand some of the foodgasms shots but just complete sequences of Meat jiggling her tits just slaps me out of place. The lead female also being such an insufferable bitch, and I mean this in the worst tsundere ojou-sama way, isn't helping things either. It's not enough to drag the show down but it is irritating.

Another example would be Kekkai Sensen which has the best storyboarding and soundtrack this season but BONES didn't give Matsumoto any money for character animation. Yes there is Nakamura and Bahi's cuts but there are way too many stills and sequences like the underground fight club were woefully animated for what could have been a sakuga showcase. This is really surprising as BONES is almost never this bad in this front. There's also stuff like the sound mixing but that might be more on Matsumoto.

Then we have Arslan which has a wonderfully high tier fantasy concept that is ruined by Kingdom level CGI. There's distracting and then there is 'slap you in the face' distracting. The pacing is also slow as shit but it looks to be a slow burner so I'm somewhat willing to forgive that.

Fate/Stay Night has wonderful production values but the direction is some of the worst I've ever seen for a show of this budget. While the writing has been fine, elements such as almost entire episodes filled with talking just drag the show down. Then there is the OST which I'm not sure is bad due to the actual composition or incompetence on the sound direction front.

Euphonium I would just say is good bordering on great occasionally. There are times when it excels and times when it falls flat. The show works best when it becomes full on anime Whiplash and just tears everything down. The sequences involving the teacher are so good that it makes the rest of the show seem somewhat boring in comparison. I don't think it's an interesting show when things are steadily proceeding along. We'll see how it plays out though as it has quite a few episodes left.

Show By Rock is another example of the above in that the regular episodes are just boring. It's a bit more flawed though in that sometimes the drama with Retoree feels forced although I thought episode 6 was fantastic as a climax/resolution episode. It's also better animated from a character animation than Kekkai Sensen (like what the fuck BONES?) despite the lack of 'oh shit sakuga time'.

Yahari is probably the closest to being the full package show but the production values aren't as high as the direction or the writing. That's not to say Takeuchi among others isn't doing great work with the character animations but elements such as the lighting could be better in the regular sequences. The pacing could also do with being a bit slower as they're just burning through the material. The showrunners are hitting the high notes though, so I'm by and large fine with the adaptation.

I dont think any show has been flawless for many many years. Show By Rock is probably the most perfect of the shows airing now but it still has little quirks.

If band in Japan is anything like it is in the US, then it's a breeding ground for sexual experimentation. The main difference is Euphonium is far more tasteful than reality.

What the hell? Is this true?

Cornbread78

B Gata H Kei ep. 7-9:
OK, the comedy has gone down a little bit and the drama raised. Poor Yamada can't get he $hit together. It's still really interesting to see an anime where the female lead is the complete awkward useless one in a relationship, lol.

large.jpg

Allaur

B Gata H Kei ep. 7-9:
OK, the comedy has gone down a little bit and the drama raised. Poor Yamada can't get he $hit together. It's still really interesting to see an anime where the female lead is the complete awkward useless one in a relationship, lol.

I think you're ready for Seitokai Yakuindomo after finishing this)

Jintor

God crunchyroll's player is shit tier if you're trying to skip around inside an episode. Jesus fuck this is the most stuttery piece of shit i've ever seen. Thank god it works fine if you're just watching without skipping i guess

Jintor

very interesting description on Crunchy...

hilariously, despite having the most sex jokes per minute ratio of any series I've ever seen, SYD is actually probably one of the least lewd anime out there. (At least in the normal anime way)

Although there IS a lot of phallic imagery.

Not sure since I don't know moonspeak, but looks like there's gonna be a Nico Live event for Prison School anime on May 27 which will announce the main cast and show a new PV.
https://twitter.com/prison_anime (there's that key visual with VP's big rack on it, so I guess NSFW)
http://news.walkerplus.com/article/58957/

Main cast/staff, new PV, OP/ED titles/artists, new key visual, and broadcasting stations/times. It'll be hosted by the chief producer(s) and the main cast.

Puruzi

Banned
hilariously, despite having the most sex jokes per minute ratio of any series I've ever seen, SYD is actually probably one of the least lewd anime out there. (At least in the normal anime way)

Although there IS a lot of phallic imagery.
Even more than Panty and Stocking? I gotta watch that.

Not sure since I don't know moonspeak, but looks like there's gonna be a Nico Live event for Prison School anime on May 27 which will announce the main cast and show a new PV.
https://twitter.com/prison_anime (there's that key visual with VP's big rack on it, so I guess NSFW)
http://news.walkerplus.com/article/58957/

I don't know but taking this long to announce anything is a bit iffy. I mean saying its worth the wait sounds like a excuse hmmmm.

Oh well I hope it turns out well.

Jintor

Even more than Panty and Stocking? I gotta watch that.

Maybe, I haven't seen more than 1 ep of P&S, though I've been meaning to.

Love Lab 4

Oh maybe that's why I dropped it, I can't stand dumb 'oh no I'm lying about this situation but I can't get found out in this lie gotta keep lying gotta build a hole of out lies'

still funny tho

Jarmel

Banned
I don't know but taking this long to announce anything is a bit iffy. I mean saying its worth the wait sounds like a excuse hmmmm.

Oh well I hope it turns out well.

Nothing presented so far has given me an ounce of hope.

I'm amazed that nothing about this has leaked.

Jintor

I seriously think SYD is legit one of the funniest show's i've ever watched, but not in the sense of, like, Nichijou with single amazing jokes or Nichibros with consistent high quality. It's just... so lewd.

Without actually being all that lewd. It's almost entirely wordplay.

The manga is funny, but not nearly as funny as the show.

Cornbread78

B Gata H Kei ep. 10-END:
There it is, and we're done here folks! LOL, LOL, LOL. This show was funny, can you tell?! Poor Yamada keeps her lewd antics up all the way to the final episode, but there is, actually, also a softer side to it as well as you watch the two grow up in the relationship (if that’s what you want to call it) and some romance in it as well. I love comedies that are not afraid to be dirty and use childish humor, ala American Pie, Road Trip, etc; they are just fun to watch. There are obviously some flaws in the storyline and supporting cast, but who cares when you have great leads (including Yamada’s bestie, Takeshita, who is hilarious throughout as she deals with Yamada’s lewd mind and intentions… I would recommend this to anyone that is just looking for a laugh and is not offended by childish lewd comedy.

I might as well move on to Air first to finish the Key trilogy. They I can check out this SYD show...

cajunator

Banned
This looks kinda unfamiliar...Is it an anime original episode?

It's pretty dead Jim. The fact that the director change thing was only announced in a passing remark (a freaking half year ago) didn't fill me with much hope.

And I changed out of the Despera ava yesterday too lol.

So its gone full on Last Guardian now :(

Nah. Kage Kara Mamoru is actually good.

Kano post the MV for Houkago Pleaides opening
Stella-rium [MV]
Cool, i didn't watch the show, but i'm glad she gone major.

Such a cute song. Fitting of this series!

Oh yeah, this came in today.

2015-05-1915.12.411yq1i.jpg

I really wish Funimation used better materials for their packaging though. Something harder for the outside.

TRSI did a flawless job with making sure it was aptly protected, and I probably have about 20 feet of wrapping paper it was secured in just sitting in my room right now, so I know it wasn't on them. The little bump had to have happened before they sent it to me.

All in all, it's nice.

Looks great! They shipped mine out too. I dont know why I bought it still. It was literally "because it was still there".

phaze

Maybe, I haven't seen more than 1 ep of P&S, though I've been meaning to.

Love Lab 4

Oh maybe that's why I dropped it, I can't stand dumb 'oh no I'm lying about this situation but I can't get found out in this lie gotta keep lying gotta build a hole of out lies'

still funny tho

Well brace yourself as it's not going away any time soon.

This Gangsta show does look like a potentially bright spot in the darkness of the summer season but I've to know more about it before I put my hopes on it. I found Black Lagoon extremely meh and this gives me similar vibe. They even have their own male Balalaika. Anyone knows if it's a one continuous story, short separate arcs like BL or just on the episodic side of things ?

cajunator

Banned
Did not know this started as vocaloid music videos? Some songs are catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0kUTJ4h4Ig&list=PL8OTxN6wvM4pPVpbDFoAnrEHG1IYnmBjj

Hooooooly shit I DID NOT KNOW THIS

B Gata H Kei ep. 10-END:
There it is, and we're done here folks! LOL, LOL, LOL. This show was funny, can you tell?! Poor Yamada keeps her lewd antics up all the way to the final episode, but there is, actually, also a softer side to it as well as you watch the two grow up in the relationship (if that’s what you want to call it) and some romance in it as well. I love comedies that are not afraid to be dirty and use childish humor, ala American Pie, Road Trip, etc; they are just fun to watch. There are obviously some flaws in the storyline and supporting cast, but who cares when you have great leads (including Yamada’s bestie, Takeshita, who is hilarious throughout as she deals with Yamada’s lewd mind and intentions… I would recommend this to anyone that is just looking for a laugh and is not offended by childish lewd comedy.

I might as well move on to Air first to finish the Key trilogy. They I can check out this SYD show...

Told you it was hilarious! B Gata H Kei is legit! Seitokai Yakuindomo is the next logical step.

You know Little Busters is also a Key show, right? And Angel Beats, sort of.

Why do these Key Animation shows have damn great music? It really sets a tone, although I'm not really in the mood for anything sad ar the moment, I guess I have no choice for a few episodes at least..

And Key is a VN company, not an animation studio. KyoAni did Air, Kanon and Clannad. J.C.Staff did Little Buster and P.A.Works Angel Beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom