• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robot Girls Z Plus 01

0xwvpvQ.jpg
2E8i4cV.jpg

Kinda disappointed OP is the same. ED too.

Show is still good though. Sad about the length only being seven minutes minus OP/ED though.

I dunno who any of these side characters are, guess I haven't gone deep enough into the Mecha hole

cajunator

Banned
nope, no waifu wars needed. It's really only between a couple contenders. They are soo different it scary... Thsi show has all sorts of "situations" and is more psycological than anything else. It really makes you think and analyze the MCs actions as well as everyone else around him. It's a really really good show for that.

Spice and Wolf, how is this one? Fantasy, adventure, romance? Whaaa?

I kind of like that idea actually.

Spice and Wolf is sort of fantasy adventure, but with a heavy emphasis on economy and uses a lot of economic terms and theories and such. Holo and Lawrence have amazing chemistry together and really makes it enjoyable as hell to watch. There is a little bit of a romantic bend to things but it is not the main focus of it.

Theonik

Robot Girls Z Plus 01

Kinda disappointed OP is the same. ED too.

Show is still good though. Sad about the length only being seven minutes minus OP/ED though.

I dunno who any of these side characters are, guess I haven't gone deep enough into the Mecha hole
RGZ! RGZ! RGZ! RGZ!

Cornbread78

Iroha is the best.

tumblr_no1ltuz4j71rc8aawo4_r1_500.gif

I hope it makes her feel better to continually say that. It's been what 4 times now? He needs to end up with Yuki, that would be his soul mate. Yui is the best, but Yuki is the one for him. Iroha would just be a 1 night stand as payback..

Oh and as we talked about the other day, he is our wild card:

mT2UZpQ.jpg

Iroha is the best.

tumblr_no1ltuz4j71rc8aawo4_r1_500.gif
Yup Cajun no wars needed, she's the best girl. When you see her you'll agree with us.
I like in yahari that the relationship between the sister and Hachiman seems to be a very nice relationship unlike in other anime
Also this. Most anime seem to go down the incestuous route most of the time when it comes to siblings, in this show all you get is a legitimate brother to sister relationship. They love each other like family, and interact with each other like so. It's sad to say this, but it's quite refreshing seeing them together as normal siblings lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I hope it makes her feel better to continually say that. It's been what 4 times now? He needs to end up with Yuki, that would be his soul mate. Yui is the best, but Yuki is the one for him. Iroha would just be a 1 night stand as payback..

That's her catchphrase. They all have catchphrases.

But I don't know man. Yukino and Yui are pretty extreme in the directions of smartass and ditzy respectively. The only reason I could even really see Yukino even being an option is because Haruna is acting like it's gonna happen.

lonely

Robot Girls Z Plus 01
I, for one, welcome our new Robot girl overlords.
For me, the opening is like Log Horizon with Database. Nothing would be able to measure up to it so I'm glad they didn't change it. I didn't think this episode was as funny as some of the stuff last season but there's plenty more to come. I do think that Team G is a downgrade over last season as I just loved the Getter Robo pilots being the butlers to the Robot Girl version of their mecha.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm all aboard the Erika hype train and Tsubomi's nice so yeah. Why the heck not? I need something to get the taste of how Sailor Moon's been fucked sideways out of my mouth so why not it's contemporary?

You picked the wrong franchise to try if you're trying to escape disappointment.

Robot Girls Z Plus 01
I, for one, welcome our new Robot girl overlords.
For me, the opening is like Log Horizon with Database. Nothing would be able to measure up to it so I'm glad they didn't change it. I didn't think this episode was as funny as some of the stuff last season but there's plenty more to come. I do think that Team G is a downgrade over last season as I just loved the Getter Robo pilots being the butlers to the Robot Girl version of their mecha.

Using the same song is fine but in Log Horizon and Hunter x Hunter they changed OPs. This is the same one.

I find it really odd how Prison School hasn't released any information about the Studio, Cast, and etc till next week. I mean for example Gangsta has already released a huge of amount of information about the cast and everything, they even announced the Studio last year. Even other shows like Monster Musume and Jitsu Wa Watashi have already announced important information. Why is Prison School taking this long to even announce anything? Like wouldn't you want to advertise your series in order to get more people to watch it, secrecy isn't really gonna help your series.

Now I have a terrible feeling that who ever is adapting it are having some Scheduling issues.

Jarmel

Banned
And poor Mr. Matsuura had hopes this would be a showcase piece for SANZIGEN Inc.,... dammed the ones stealing their thunder! :p

Really now, of course both studios are under the USPI's holding, truly cooperative as the companies well horizontally integrated they are, yeah... but, like CGWORLD.jp demonstrates on the articles presenting different lead animators from SANZIGEN and their respective cuts (in some it presents a clear contrast with Mr. Imaishi's own storyboards for the cuts, nonetheless), it is undeniable that SANZIGEN's technical expertise was vital for the project beyond the roles TRIGGER Inc., staff also had on it (same thing that happened with Sushio's very touted and excellent key-framing input and advice for 3DCGI scenes on the first episode of P&SwG, among others, while the actual enablers didn't enjoy the same level of praise after all).

Oh man, watching that video was straight cringefest especially in hindsight. They kept going on about how BRS was such a revolutionary project. I do remember at the time there was a lot of hype surrounding the TV series but oh boy looking back, it's almost painful considering how mediocre the sales were. Reminds me a bit of Psycho-Pass in that regards. The show did well enough for it not to be considered a flat out bomb but it was little more than a blimp on the sales chart.

Even ignoring the consumer part, I don't think the notion of fighting sequences primarily being CGI took off like Sanzigen expected to. Yes 2D mech stuff is largely dead and buried but 2D animation for regular fight shows, even low budget ones, is still very much done. I suppose it was revolutionary though on the front of production committees thinking outside the box in regards to what they could make into an anime, leading to the current vocaloid plague and some figurine lines being adapted into low grade anime. However I don't think there's been another project quite like BRS in the regards of something spawning from essentially a meme into a TV series.

It was informative though as I have a better understanding of USP's structure. I thought USP was another studio that handled CGI but instead it's Sanzigen that does it. I saw Sanzigen in the credits but I was unclear as to what their role was. I'm more acquanted with Sanzigen's CGI work in KLK. I didn't know USP was created primarily for Black Rock Shooter's development with Ordet, Trigger, and Sanzigen as the trio that comprise it. I was under the impression that USP was somewhat separate from Trigger although owned by the same company, hence both entities being in the same building. However the video makes it seem that USP was an umbrella that the studios collaborated under for BRS's development.

Also of note that of the three studios, the clear loser was Ordet. While BRS wasn't the megahit that USP or GSC expected it to be, their expectations being misguided due to the success of the OVA, Sanzigen still found a niche and Trigger is trotting along.

The video probably could have gone into supercell's development since they're a key element of the success of BRS as a developing franchise.

cajunator

Banned
It's seemingly about a recluse who gets into involved in a wacky romantic comedy, but it's actually about a misanthropic individual who goes out of his way to help people by consistently throwing himself under the bus. His only recourse is oblivion.

I always mix up Snafu with that other show...something Mental Choices...
It has a cutie white haired girl with a lamb hairpin or similar.

There is new animation in there with the new enemy moe blobs and new Robot Girl teams. I suspect that once the other two teams are introduced it'll be wholly new.

Oh. Well that's better then.

Now I have a terrible feeling that who ever is adapting it are having some Scheduling problems.

It's not that uncommon. And they are unveiling all the info next week. Voice actors, director, studio, probably a PV.

phaze

The Vision of Escaflowne (1996, Sunrise) – Episodes 1 to 14

Love triangles, amazing artwork, hot* guys, fantastical locations, robot-knights, great action scenes, cat girls and awesome music.

Overall Story (Episodes 1 – 14)

So I’m roughly half way through this series and I can honestly say I have no idea what is going on or why. I don’t really know who the protagonist of the story is. I don’t know what the stakes are. I have no idea why characters are doing what they’re doing or why they’re going where they are going.

Hitomi, our ostensible protagonist

It doesn’t really get any better for Hitomi’s character. From the end of the first episode Hitomi witnesses a man fight a dragon and is then transported into a magical world. You’d normally expect a human being to have some reaction to these events. You know:

She doesn’t wonder how she’ll get home. She doesn’t even bring it up – one of the other characters makes an offhand remark about getting her home, eventually, but it’s literally just a line with no further explanation given. We see a brief scene of her daydreaming about her love interest but that’s it.

Now, I’m not saying I want to see scene after scene of Hitomi freaking out about the magical world with tons of characters dropping exposition all over the place – but you need to address the issue. In what normal “Characters gets sucked to another world” story do you see a character apparently not care that they got sucked to another world? It takes about 8 episodes for Hitomi to even briefly discuss the fact that she’s away from home.

There are other problems with Hitomi, too. Apart from being a bland protagonist she also does very little to actually drive the story forward in any meaningful way. This is because she has no goals. You might think that her goal is to get home but she barely even mentions it and she never takes any steps to help her achieve that objective. At heart, Hitomi is a reactionary character. She reacts to things other people do. She reacts to her visions of the future. She has no agency.

My memory is vague as I watched it about a year ago but I didn't have that much of a problem with the plot in the first half (it's when they go completely bonkers in the second half that I have issues with). Basically Van loses his kingdom and embarks on a journey to avenge it and reclaim it. Hitomi is a kind of fake protagonist. A usual cheerleader character who somehow got bumped to the main character position. I do basically agree with all your points one her. The fact that she never really tries to find some way back to her planet really rubbed me the wrong way. And then there is that awful love pentagon.

Gangsta is basically about some crazy strong oddjobers that have some great backstory, just having some fun and fighting from the little I've read.

It will surely cleanse all the ecchi harems that Summer will have.

Gakuto, Hana, Andre are not something to be cleansed but cherished and worshipped !

cajunator

Banned
'There are two things that are certain in this world, death and Toeishit' - Benjamin Franklin

She's AnimeGAF's sweetheart for a reason.

but she helped create AKB0048. and Black Rock Shooter. And wixoss.
Mari is amazing. Her work never ceases to leave my mouth hanging open wide in disbelief.

cajunator

Banned
Another show I actually bought but havent watched yet is OniAi.
Im having trouble keeping all these separate. and then theres Love election and Chocolate. I dont even know what to classify these shows as anymore.

My memory is vague as I watched it about a year ago but I didn't have that much of a problem with the plot in the first half (it's when they go completely bonkers in the second half that I have issues with). Basically Van loses his kingdom and embarks on a journey to avenge it and reclaim it. Hitomi is a kind of fake protagonist. A usual cheerleader character who somehow got bumped to the main character position. I do basically agree with all your points one her. The fact that she never really tries to find some way back to her planet really rubbed me the wrong way. And then there is that awful love pentagon.

Gakuto, Hana, Andre are not something to be cleansed but cherished and worshipped !

Considering the anime for Prison School may not reach the point where the manga is really great, it's gonna be a bit underwhelming. I mean the beginning was pretty average and not that great till it found that turning point. Plus the art is one of the biggest reasons as to why Prison School is so great, but if the anime is full of quality then yeah it's screwed.

If the execution for the comedy is mediocre, then all you will get is an ecchi mess of an adaption.

Considering the anime for Prison School may not reach the point where the manga is really great, it's gonna be a bit underwhelming. I mean the beginning was pretty average and not that great till it found that turning point. Plus the art is one of the biggest reasons as to why Prison School is so great, but if the anime is full of quality then yeah it's screwed.

If the execution for the comedy is mediocre, then all you will get is an ecchi mess of an adaption.
Prison School is probably gonna be a one cour. I bet it's gonna end right after
the guys get out of prison
, which is kinda early in the manga but it has a ton of material for them to cover. Unless they breeze through everything as quickly as possible.
How many girls are in this show?
There's a few. Only one you need is Iroha though. Yui is alright too. Yukino... Eh.

Cornbread78

Lol, I'very had that on in my queue for a long tI'm now for some reason, I just don't remember why I added it.. If you like shows that make you think and analyze the psychology behind ones actions.

How many girls are in this show?
There could be a bunch of options (probably around 6 realistically) but this is not a harem anime and it's not about romance, yet.. The show has a completely different tone and focus on sociology and psychology.

Mandelbo

Right, I'm totally gonna finish Milky Holmes S2 tonight. After I've done that, is the third season worth watching? I've heard that it's basically a spin off rather than an actual third season, but whether or not it's actually good is more important than that.

Edit:

You're probably thinking of Noucome, which was fantastic, albeit short.

Jex

Really? Okay, I thought 12 episodes was enough to be a series...

Length has nothing to do with it, it's do with how the work is released.

It's a series if it's broadcast on TV.

If it's released on home media (e.g. on VHS, Laserdisc, Betamax, DVD, HD-DVD, BD etc) then it's an OVA.

Length has nothing to do with it, it's do with how the work is released.

It's a series if it's broadcast on TV.

If it's released on home media (e.g. on VHS, Laserdisc, Betamax, DVD, HD-DVD, BD etc) then it's an OVA.

Ah, gotcha.

Well, I still stand by my statement. 08th MS Team is the best Gundam series/OVA/DC direct to DVD animated film.

Cornbread78

The show is mostly about the protagonist trio, then you have a series of characters orbiting around them.

This is correct. Only 1 character is even interested in Hiki and she hasn't even told him yet, so don't listen to those that say there is a harem here, lol. He is a true loner. .

cajunator

Banned
Right, I'm totally gonna finish Milky Holmes S2 tonight. After I've done that, is the third season worth watching? I've heard that it's basically a spin off rather than an actual third season, but whether or not it's actually good is more important than that.

Edit:

You're probably thinking of Noucome, which was fantastic, albeit short.

Yeah. I was thinking of Yukihira. This is also the show with that cutie Chocolat.

Bad

Uninteresting

Made a mistake purchasing this

Which one?

Jarmel

Banned
The worst part is that Ando kept going back to her for his TV series like an abused wife going back to her alcholic husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom