• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Show By Rock, Unicorn Gundam and from what I've seen of Etotama. I now think there's a place in anime for CG if done right. Although most of the time it just looks out of place or jittery. There are apparently a few more good examples of CG out there though, I've heard Stand By Me: Doraemon looks pretty good at least.

Does Doraemon go adventuring into the woods to see a dead kid's body?

Bladenic

Does anybody watch Rin-ne? I watched the first two episodes on Hulu and enjoyed them, but there are no more currently and I think at least 4-5 more have aired in Japan. Are there more on Crunchyroll or is it just a slow rollout to NA? Is there anywhere else to watch them?

Mature

Does anybody watch Rin-ne? I watched the first two episodes on Hulu and enjoyed them, but there are no more currently and I think at least 4-5 more have aired in Japan. Are there more on Crunchyroll or is it just a slow rollout to NA? Is there anywhere else to watch them?
There's more on Crunchyroll, yeah.

Yona of the Dawn 19 - 20 dub

Well this was all really good

Yona of the Dawn 21 dub

AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

Yona of the Dawn 22

tumblr_mzmda2t0Ga1smcbm7o1_500.gif

and

1386044114747.gif

This show is fantastic

When the theme starts to play when YONA DOES THE THING and everyone is watching..

Oh man I had goosebumps everywheree

Yessssssss
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Ever since those impressions by madp I've had this on my list. I'm gonna do it man

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 7

CFfYOMWWgAALbM-.png:large

Has there ever been an experiment in any sci-fi film, anime, book, or whatever that didn't go wrong after this line was uttered?

So in this episode some shmucks tried to phase out the Evas with their not-nearly-as-cool robots, the JA.

Well, that at least led to the closest thing I've gotten to a robot V.S. robot fight in this show so far.

We also learn that it turns out Second Impact
was actually caused by angel blowing up.
Interesting.

Knights of Sidonia:

Watched about an episode and a half on Netflix. Running commentary consisted of:

Boy, fully CGI anime? What a bad idea.

Everybody looks identical. Can't tell them apart.

CGI everywhere. Really, this is bad.

Ohhhh... a tentacle rape monster. This is uh... rather predictable?

Still can't tell anybody apart. They all look ugly and bad.

Were they shooting for ugliest looking anime of all time?
You'll get used to it only for the writing to rear its ugly head.
The worst part is that Ando kept going back to her for his TV series like an abused wife going back to her alcholic husband.
People don't really champion him for his storytelling abilities.

On second thought, that's a bit unfair to the role of action in storytelling.

cajunator

Banned
This is correct.

ha I thought so :p

Full of best girls (and boy), but not really a harem. First season is more comedy, second season is more drama. Well written characters and the banter between them is very entertaining.

Komachi is the best imouto.

Was my 2014 AOTY. Plot is good but the visuals and soundtrack are absolutely fantastic. Some gifs:

PA Works really outdid themselves with this.

I am excited to watch Lull of the sea. The soundtrack is phenomenal.

Cornbread78

Was my 2014 AOTY. Plot is good but the visuals and soundtrack are absolutely fantastic. Some gifs:
PA Works really outdid themselves with this.

Oh wow, looking good. I now have so many new things to watch the next few days!

A lot of drama and romance, or just a good story and good balance of it?

I forgot the premium bonus set for Nagi Asu is coming out end of June. There's no way I can resist that art book. This will make a nice late bday present for me :)

You have great taste. Was my AOTY too.

*high five* Wish more people watched it :(

I am excited to watch Lull of the sea. The soundtrack is phenomenal.

It looks like a pretty great series.
The music is just.....gorgeous https://youtu.be/94YTPeZtyLg

I KNEW it was gonna be that track, haha! Love it. The scene where that song comes on is one of my favorite scenes in the show. Just gorgeous. It really left an impression on me. Then it fades into the best ED theme of 2013/2014. That was an amazing couple of minutes.

Oh wow, looking good. I now have so many new things to watch the next few days!

A lot of drama and romance, or just a good story and good balance of it?

Good balance of romance and drama and covers some interesting themes.

I am so excited haha

Fbh

Jojo's Stardusr Crusaders 43

That was just... wow... I haven't been on the edge of my seat watching an anime fight in quite some time. Really cool fight, some brutal moments, great use of the OST and it felt like they went all out with the animation.

Puruzi

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Movie+40

HEALING

I'm glad that Pop and Doremi are cool now. Are they? Them always fighting was making me feel bad. Seriously please tell me that they aren't jerks to each other anymore.

Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Movie+40

HEALING

I'm glad that Pop and Doremi are cool now. Are they? Them always fighting was making me feel bad. Seriously please tell me that they aren't jerks to each other anymore.

This combo is so good.

But they aren't jerks, they are just kids. I used to fight with my brothers sometimes when we were kids, but I know I always can count on them.

They fight because they care. <3

cajunator

Banned
Unfortunately, AnoHana and WORKING!! are going to be leaving Crunchyroll.

this is why I buy so much animu

Crunchyroll added Amagi Brilliant Park. Always wondered why the show didn't get licensed when it aired.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/05/20-1/crunchyroll-adds-amagi-brilliant-park-to-catalog

Excellent. Amagi is really fun! I also wonder why it didnt simulcast. KyoAni works seem to lag behind the streaming curve.

Puruzi

Banned
This combo is so good.

But they aren't jerks, they are just kids. I used to fight with my brothers sometimes when we were kids, but I know I always can count on them.

They fight because they care. <3

Yeah it was excellent. Though switching back to the more muted color after the movie was jarring.

Anyway, I know they aren't jerks lol, I just want them to be more friendly. :v

Cornbread78

Golden Time ep.1
So, I got curious and watched the first episode on break and I must say it was a pretty good first impression. Artwork is good and colors really pop. The characters all showed something right away to make them unique and you can already tell our MC, Tada, is gonna be a harem pimp.. I wonder how far down the rabbit hole this show goes or how crazy it gets.

So what is it that people dislike about Anime News Network? Is it the fact that they use early magazine scans but still have advertising on their site? If they were a random blog with no advertising would anyone care?
It's the hypocrisy from Ed and Zac and the refusal to admit they run articles only to get clicks. They refuse to run articles about other aspects of Japan unless they'll get clicks (notice how few positive idol articles they run compared to the "weird" or negative ones). That's in addition to paying for leaks from Kodansha and Shueisha magazines and the NA branches turn a blind eye to that, but not to leaks of other natures. They also watermark those as though they have the priority of reporting on it when it was meant to be in the magazine first. It's the giant layer of hypocrisy (and mostly idiotic writers like Toole who attacks people trying to help him two weeks later. Fuck Toole.)

Crunchyroll added Amagi Brilliant Park. Always wondered why the show didn't get licensed when it aired.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/05/20-1/crunchyroll-adds-amagi-brilliant-park-to-catalog

Excellent. Amagi is really fun! I also wonder why it didnt simulcast. KyoAni works seem to lag behind the streaming curve.

Amagi didn't simulcast because Sentai is incredibly cheap as a company and didn't want to pay the extra to simulcast it. Since TBS is another idiotic company who chooses to only license to Sentai in NA, they're also at fault here by not selling simulcast-only rights separately. Blame Sentai for being cheap, the fans for being cheaper, and TBS for not negotiating with other companies (I know of two others who bid on that very property).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are Yuki and Yui even "the hottest chicks" though? It seems to me that the teacher put Hiki with Yuki in that room together so they could help each other and not just for Hiki. They both have isolation issues, Hiki's are just worse. The teacher wanted both of them to grow socially, so they would be productive members of society, hence the "service club"

better get on that one, lol. It's worth it!

Yukino is explicitly mentioned as the most attractive girl in the school. Granted its hard to tell due to Generic Cuteness in anime characters.

Its fun. The plot rearing its head dragged down the fun parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom