• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
i dont think its directly kyoani's fault

I know. Its just quirky how its usually their works that are not simulcast.

Golden Time ep.1
So, I got curious and watched the first episode on break and I must say it was a pretty good first impression. Artwork is good and colors really pop. The characters all showed something right away to make them unique and you can already tell our MC, Tada, is gonna be a harem pimp.. I wonder how far down the rabbit hole this show goes or how crazy it gets.

A word of warning. Koko is goddess tier but there is an element in this show that is infuriating. Not just annoying but show ruining. Luckily Koko really is an absolutely sublime girl (if a bit fussy).

It's because the North American companies are cheap. That can't be stated enough. Hyouka was Kadokawa and Amagi was TBS directly (TBS held rights to Chu2koi, Tamako, and Kyoukai, but did not air them on TBS). No one paid enough to Kadokawa and TBS is in a "Sentai or no one!" mood, which sucks for fans because Sentai is the cheapest of the three big licensors in NA.

Cornbread78

Yukino is explicitly mentioned as the most attractive girl in the school. Granted its hard to tell due to Generic Cuteness in anime characters.

Its fun. The plot rearing its head dragged down the fun parts.

Really, I thought the blond chick that wants Haya was. I'd have to skim back through S1, so I'll take your word for it, lol.

TUSR

Banned
Golden Time ep.1
So, I got curious and watched the first episode on break and I must say it was a pretty good first impression. Artwork is good and colors really pop. The characters all showed something right away to make them unique and you can already tell our MC, Tada, is gonna be a harem pimp.. I wonder how far down the rabbit hole this show goes or how crazy it gets.

youre in for a treat

tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri

Thoraxes

Got a nice surprise in the mail today:

But now I need to decide whether to watch it right away or wait until August for Right Stuf to ship the second part.
Looks like everyone is getting theirs today! I'm going to watch morw when I get home ASAP. Gone through some at work too.

So if we expect volume 2 one month and about 2 weeks early like with this volume, we can expect volume 2 around mid june!

The release date for part 1 is June 30th lol. I bundled it with the Noragami BD because the release dates are close and I wanted the free shipping. Was really surprised to see it ship and arrive in less than 3 days, heh.

I got DTB S1 early too. And Nisekoi volume 4 and yuyuyu volume 2 should be shipping soon too!

So much money! So much anime!

Golden Time ep.1
I enjoyed this show a ton. As a college student I'd love to see more shows set during college/university years, older cast with more mature views and issues and whatnot.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

A word of warning. Koko is goddess tier but there is an element in this show that is infuriating. Not just annoying but show ruining. Luckily Koko really is an absolutely sublime girl (if a bit fussy).

I can guess at what you're thinking about.

Mailbox

Show ruining huh? Man can you say without spoilers? Or is it just one of "those" events?

Lol, so he is a pimp. .

I know what they are talking about and whatever you are thinking it is, its not. You'll get a general idea by episode 3 and know much more about it later.

that said, it's not anywhere close to show-ruining. The problem some people have with "it" is how it seems to screw with show logic. I actually have an idea that negates the idea that it breaks show logic, but its a rather spoiler-y interpretation so i won't go into it here.

Squishy3

Gintama 175

Ah yes, a dentist episode. Just what I needed. And things are finally looking up somewhat for Hasegawa.

b3ad634634.png

Sterok

Magic Knight Rayearth 35-38

The Magic Knights really need to stay out of their robots. They perform so much better when on foot. Umi manages to take down an enemy princess, while Fuu curbstomps an army of ninjas within their own base. She should've been more blunt with Aska and said
the last Pillar died because she was in love
. Ferio rescuing her was just a formality. Hikaru was in her mind place a long time. Nova really wanted to get some action with her. Not sure why Debonair is revealing her hand. Fuu/Ferio continues to be the only working romance. Umi and her love interests have okay chemistry, but it's either with a young boy looking taller, or a chibi elder. Not sure which is the better option. Hikaru/Lantis has no chemistry whatsoever. The Magic Knights should just shoot down the Autozam battleship. Zero sympathies after Eagle tried to genocide an entire country. Too bad the Rune-Gods are garbage and still get stomped by Eagle. The only legit battle they have won thus far with the Rune-Gods has been against Zagato.

Cornbread78

I know what they are talking about and whatever you are thinking it is, its not. You'll get a general idea by episode 3 and know much more about it later.

that said, it's not anywhere close to show-ruining. The problem some people have with "it" is how it seems to screw with show logic. I actually have an idea that negates the idea that it breaks show logic, but its a rather spoiler-y interpretation so i won't go into it here.

Golden Time ep.2-3
Ok, I just finished ep.3 and I think I know what everyone is referring to now, is it the
whole amnesia side plot? I wonder how they are going to mess with it in this show? Go figure her dad is rich a rubs a hospital as well, so convenient. .
Those friggen
religious (crazy scientology, lol) members running after them was funny. It's a shame they lost th e or luggage though.
Now, our MC already has about 6 possible maidens lined up, but I think we know where this is headed based on the opening. We just need a little more comedy like ep. 1 going forward..

Allaur

A show that was great half the time when it didn't attempt mediocre comedy
vs
A show that was great the entire way through in basically every area

That reminds me that my favorite show of last year was Nobunaga Concerto and Ping Pong was close second.

Jex

Knights of Sidonia:

Watched about an episode and a half on Netflix. Running commentary consisted of:

Boy, fully CGI anime? What a bad idea.

Everybody looks identical. Can't tell them apart.

CGI everywhere. Really, this is bad.

Ohhhh... a tentacle rape monster. This is uh... rather predictable?

Still can't tell anybody apart. They all look ugly and bad.

Were they shooting for ugliest looking anime of all time?
Some say it's one of the best looking anime ever made.

Some say it's one of the best looking anime ever made.

Gosh, I find that hard to believe. I mean, it makes me want to go and watch Reboot, for some quality CGI visuals.

I also googled "Knights of Sidonia CGI" and one of the first results was "knights-of-sidonia-episode-1-the-characters-look-like-fish-people"

Which I can't disagree with.

PK Gaming

Knights of Sidonia:

Watched about an episode and a half on Netflix. Running commentary consisted of:

Boy, fully CGI anime? What a bad idea.

Everybody looks identical. Can't tell them apart.

CGI everywhere. Really, this is bad.

Ohhhh... a tentacle rape monster. This is uh... rather predictable?

Still can't tell anybody apart. They all look ugly and bad.

Were they shooting for ugliest looking anime of all time?

This image is straight up the best thing to come out of that anime

There's also something else I want to point out about Sidonia:

mqFE7Sp.gif

See, this is just... this looks and feels dumb to me. I don't like this sorta thing.

This seems just like a gimmick that people in an anime studio came up with to make something that's special-y and unique and gimmicky. It doesn't seem like something that engineers in a military research and development process would actually come up with. There's no reason why you'd want to hook up with four of your buddies in some super complicated configuration and then fire your boosters. Why go to that trouble? And who's in charge exactly when they're all grouped up? I end up rolling my eyes when I see something like this.

Sterok

Magic Knight Rayearth 39-42

At least the Pillar Defense System isn't garbage. Good on Emeraude for making that work. Eagle captured. I sure hope they destroyed or dismantled the FTO. Monster attack again. Priority 1 should have been evacuating the non-combatants so that they didn't have to constantly guard them. At least the will = power stuff was used well. Not fond of Hikaru/Eagle. That's just awkward and Clamp being Clamp. I'm amused by how the country with the worst excuse to attack Cephiro, Fahren, ended up being the first to defect. Since I dislike Autozam, I have no problem rooting for Aska. Also, no one knows how to do a weapons check.

Nephtis

It looks pretty thight though. I haven't seen the show but maybe it's faster and more fuel efficient.

Yep, it is

it allows them to mimic bigger thrusters, while at the same time minimizing the fuel / energy needed

they talk about this in the anime :) (which I know you haven't seen)

There's no reason why you'd want to hook up with four of your buddies in some super complicated configuration and then fire your boosters. Why go to that trouble? And who's in charge exactly when they're all grouped up? I end up rolling my eyes when I see something like this.

All they do is hold hands. How is that super complicated?

Mabufu

Banned
Knights of Sidonia and Golden Time were enjoyable...
just like the whole S1 of SAO that is good enough to make me feel a little empty inside after finishing it.

Dont regret watching any of the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom