• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Plastic Memories Episode 8

Holy shit, finally. Some director had the balls to go ahead and do this. I'm scared if my prediction turns out true and their relationship takes an intimate turn.

wonzo

Banned
wug-chan >>>>>>>>>> love live

wakeupgirls1.jpg

Cornbread78

That's okay, I had just been wondering about Love Live lately, whether it was worth watching.

Umm, well, umm. I watched season 1 and it was okay, I guess. It's a school time, slice of life anime about idols, no heavy fan service and mild drama, nothing crazy; it's an experience.

I mainly just want to watch it for the bitchy girl that's like "I'll Nico Nico Nii your heart!, is that wrong?

It's all a tsundere act for her, lol

So GAF, in the past two days, I've gotten the Golden Times ending, ep.8 of SNAFU too, ep.8 of Plastic Memories and that complete badass battle with Bell-sama in Danmachi. Only Fruit of Grisaia and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches left for me.

It's been a great weekend so far for me in anime by going from anger to tears of joy in Golden Times, to more tears of joy and then pain in Plastic Memories, to tears of anger, saddness, joy and mis-understanding in SNAFU, and finally fist pumping and chest pounding excitement when the music kicks in Danmachi, just wow, what a friggen weekend. I've rewatched the battle 4 times, the Plastic Memories part 2x, the SNAFU part 2x just damn, it's been great!

Umm, well, umm. I watched season 1 and it was okay, I guess. It's a school time, slice of life anime about idols, no heavy fan service and mild drama, nothing crazy; it's an experience.

It's all a tsundere act for her, lol

So GAF, in the past two days, I've gotten the Golden Times ending, ep.8 of SNAFU too, ep.8 of Plastic Memories and that complete badass battle with Bell-sama in Danmachi. Only Fruit of Grisaia and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches left for me.

It's been a great weekend so far for me in anime by going from anger to tears of joy in Golden Times, to more tears of joy and then pain in Plastic Memories, to tears of anger, saddness, joy and mis-understanding in SNAFU, and finally fist pumping and chest pounding excitement when the music kicks in Danmachi, just wow, what a friggen weekend. I've rewatched the battle 4 times, the Plastic Memories part 2x, the SNAFU part 2x just damn, it's been great!

You haven't even seen Kekkai Sensen Corn.😑 The most comfy and pure fun show this season.

http://youtu.be/j3SlUmr_T4g

Best Ending song of the season as well, just everyone dancing and having fun.

Quasar

Ore Monogatari 8 - really diabetes inducing. Despite knowing its based on a long manga I kind of wonder how it will sustain itself for 2 cours.

cj_iwakura

...huh that Avalon twist is pretty strange considering this is Rin's story but I guess it's fine considering the memory of Kiritsugu Emiya is still remembered by Shirou full heartedly unlike Archer who has lost faith in humanity. Avalon also doesn't heal that quickly in UBW when compared to the fate route since that's Saber's story. The flashback trip with Shirou was great considering he understands Archer yet rejects him since Shirou still thinks Kiritsugu's dream is worth following. The scene with Archer distorting Shirou's ideal is great has it directly compares to Saber's dream and failure as her ideal is also curropt. The music department greatly improved this episode near the end especially. The scene with lancer is similar to the VN but it's still tragic consider his history with Bazett. Overall it was an amazing episode which will hopefully be capped off with a great end next week.

I think it's a perfect continuation of Zero's arc, glad they went with UBW.

And Shinji, need gifs of him getting smacked around. All the gifs.

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 15
A Part - "Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens"
B Part - Bad justice indeed.

Flamengers stop the destruction of Japan device. Red meets Captain America and he is hilarious. He informs red that Japan orchestrated the From Beyond incident to increase the government's approval. He also confirms that jet fuel cannot melt steel beams.
Samurai Flamenco 16
Moe and Mari Make up. Hazama realized that despite all that has happened he has still succeeded in making the world a better place, and there are still people who believe in him.

kewlmyc

Plastic Memories 1-8

It's entertaining to say the least (except for the tsundere girl, god she's annoying), but there's just a few things that are bringing me out of it.

1. Do they ever say why they can't do memory/OS backups? If their OS gets wiped on a specific date, they should be able to back it up beforehand.

2. If the robots turn into murderous killbots when they pass their expiration date, you think that the company would put more effort into extracting the robot before it's 1 day before thee expiration date. I think the show mentioned that Isla's department is the only one that waits so long and collects the robots the way they do, so I'll overlook this one.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories 1-8
It's entertaining to say the least (except for the tsundere girl, god she's annoying), but there's just a few things that are bringing me out of it.
1. Do they ever say why they can't do memory/OS backups? If their OS gets wiped on a specific date, they should be able to back it up beforehand.

This is the key we are all waitimg for sn answer to. Surely, it will nbe a focus the last few episodes.

You haven't even seen Kekkai Sensen Corn.😑 The most comfy and pure fun show this season.

http://youtu.be/j3SlUmr_T4g

Best Ending song of the season as well, just everyone dancing and having fun.

Hmmm, I han't checked out the Funi shows in season yet, will have to soon though.

Mature

Blood-C - 1
Pretty by the books first episode. The "things are not what they seem" quotient is pretty high! It could be a result of the direction, but outside of the school and Saya's father, the city appears to be empty. The "light" Saya is trying to grab seems like it's probably a perspective, or a memory. Though it could just be the future her father speaks of.

Moaradin

Kekkai Sensen 08

Zapp focused episode so of course it's pretty damn good. The White and Black stuff is really interesting, and it still weirds me out that it isn't part of the manga because it just feels like it belongs.

cajunator

Banned
Blood-C - 1

Pretty by the books first episode. The "things are not what they seem" quotient is pretty high! It could be a result of the direction, but outside of the school and Saya's father, the city appears to be empty. The "light" Saya is trying to grab seems like it's probably a perspective, or a memory. Though it could just be the future her father speaks of.

Her singing is so moe! Saya is so clumsy! This will be a happy story!

Mature

Well its kind of obvious it wont based on the series its from and well the Title. But Its not what you know or dont know but the events that will unfold.
I've only seen Blood: The Last Vampire, and if this is related to that spiritually I don't think it's too far flung to expect that they made a lighter hearted series from the same general concept. And I've already been told by some in here that I should watch it regardless to see the events unfold. Speaking of events

Blood-C - 2
Nothing really happened. This episode was bookended by monster fights that lacked any meaningful context outside of "your momma died by this type". The school stuff is preeeetty grating in its irrelevance. Mopey guy took a bite of Saya's lunch and Saya saw the world weirdly for a moment. I guess that's what happened.

Edit: oh yeah, the soundtracks pretty alright.

Armor Hunter Lemmiwinks END

Super solid OVA series to VOTOMS and a good revenge story. Really cool and detailed in a lot of ways, episode 10 with the fight in the castle and episode 3 (I think) in the jungle stand out quite a bit. Also the ED and OP are really good.

VANITY

VANITY

Jex

Sukeban Deka (Dub)

[...]

It's crass, stupid, and incredibly campy. Sukeban Deka is one of those "so bad it's good" anime and if you like that sort of stuff I guess you could watch it. I had a few good laughs and some of the dialogue had me in stitches but I'm just not a fan of this style of anime. When I look back on my time spent with it I would have rather used it more productively, like leveling my character in WoW.
Why not both?

Why not both?

I remember that when I was working through the weak and silly mid S2 episodes of Twin Peaks, the launch of Warlords of Draenor helped me through it!

Now I don't remember a lot of what happened, but it's unconfirmed whether or not I didn't care about what was happening or I just wasn't paying attention. I'm gonna go with didn't care.

Jex

I remember that when I was working through the weak and silly mid S2 episodes of Twin Peaks, the launch of Warlords of Draenor helped me through it!

Now I don't remember a lot of what happened, but it's unconfirmed whether or not I didn't care about what was happening or I just wasn't paying attention. I'm gonna go with didn't care.

I mean, it's S2 Twin Peaks, therefore it's basically bad.

Jex

I've only seen Blood: The Last Vampire, and if this is related to that spiritually I don't think it's too far flung to expect that they made a lighter hearted series from the same general concept. And I've already been told by some in here that I should watch it regardless to see the events unfold. Speaking of events

Blood-C - 2
Nothing really happened. This episode was bookended by monster fights that lacked any meaningful context outside of "your momma died by this type". The school stuff is preeeetty grating in its irrelevance. Mopey guy took a bite of Saya's lunch and Saya saw the world weirdly for a moment. I guess that's what happened.

Edit: oh yeah, the soundtracks pretty alright.
The thing about watching Blood C after the fact is that you're going to miss out on the hilarious TV censoring which this show really took the next level. It was kind a joke unto itself which is missing from the final home release.

Oh shit, really?
Cause I just finished the pretty great SS1 and just started on SS2.

It really depends on your tolerance level imo, mainly of characters like James (fuck him) and Nadine. A few reveals are pushed ahead because of studio meddling, Lynch is off doing other things for the middle episodes, tons of just plain bad and weird (not in the typical TP way either) scenes.

The ending makes up for it though.

wonzo

Banned
MELLOWLINK 10-12 END

Fantastic OVA, strip away the "charisma" of Chirico and the gang and you end up with a much more effective exploration of the themes present in VOTOMs impeccable Space Vietnam arc. The only downer of this entire run was the Prison episode which felt really out of place with everything else but other than that you just simply can't go wrong with this.

Now I just need to work out what other VOTOMs OVAs are worth it.

It really depends on your tolerance level imo, mainly of characters like James (fuck him) and Nadine. A few reveals are pushed ahead because of studio meddling, Lynch is off doing other things for the middle episodes, tons of just plain bad and weird (not in the typical TP way either) scenes.

The ending makes up for it though.

I mean they had the budget slashed and were told point blank "you get one more so wrap it all up". I think if they had another season to pace things better it'd be looked back on a lot more fondly.

Jex

Oh shit, really?
Cause I just finished the pretty great SS1 and just started on SS2.

For long stretches, yes. I'd recommend getting through it as quickly as possible because there are good things to be found within it. They're just far and few between.

Mature

The thing about watching Blood C after the fact is that you're going to miss out on the hilarious TV censoring which this show really took the next level. It was kind a joke unto itself which is missing from the final home release.
Haha, I'll have to check that out once I'm done. The show has already been pretty violent at points.

Blood-C - 3-4
Saya kills more monsters. Some of them are sentient. There's a "covenant" that's not to be broken. Saya's dad is keeping something from her. Not much else. One thing I appreciate that this show does is convey a sense that something is eerie with just the editing. Episode 4 ended on a still shot of Saya having entered the classroom with the teacher just repeating how it looks like a beautiful day. Then the sound went into a crescendo and left on a hard cut. Weird!

Theonik

Maddomakkusu: Ikari no desu roudo
So good. So gooooooooood. Marvellous amount of detail and the pacing was just right. This is how you make an action movie. Other anime should take note.
Flamethrower guitar gimps maaaaaaan. The most metal of films.

Akito tho!
It needs to actually come out first!

UBW 20

"Just because your correct doesn't mean your right"

Actually, that's exactly what the fuck it means. Sometimes dialogue in anime makes my head hurt, but then I just go back to playing FF14 and quickly forget about it.

sunrise, sunset :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom