• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Some of my favourite shows are below a 7 on MAL:

- Goldfish Warning!
- Sazae-san
- Robot Girls Z
- Marie and Gali
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Pupipo!

Then there's Mirai Mizue's work like Wonder which are also rated under 7/10 average too.

Just because it's below some arbitrary average rating on MAL doesn't mean there is something wrong with a show. People can find some good in everything.
Why.

Midonin

Show By Rock!! 08

Crimsonz episode, so I don't have as much to add about this one. Criticrista working for Unicorn is not entirely surprising, but their actual manager seems unaware of this. Is Rosia so desperate to win that she allied herself with them? Hopefully next episode will go into them a little more in depth, because they don't seem like bad people.

Grzi

Baby Steps S2 - 08

Great episode, probably the best match of the series so far.

There were some nicely animated cuts this week as well.
More people should be watching this.

Jex

Some of my favourite shows are below a 7 on MAL:

- Goldfish Warning!
- Sazae-san
- Robot Girls Z
- Marie and Gali
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Pupipo!

Then there's Mirai Mizue's work like Wonder which are also rated under 7/10 average too.

Just because it's below some arbitrary average rating on MAL doesn't mean there is something wrong with a show. People can find some good in everything.

Just in case you were in a rush to trust MAL reviews!

We talking about MAL scores again? 10-7s are things I really enjoyed, 4-6s are things that can probably be generally be viewed as bad shows, though there might be a couple things I liked about them. 1-3s are things I did not enjoy at all.

I only gave a 1 to two things.

Madoka Rebellion, because screw Madoka Rebellion for taking what I loved about the show and ripping it to shreds,

and the Gundam 00 Movie because AAAAAAAIYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAWHAAAAAAAAAA.

Mad Max: Fury Road

434048dz.gif

Yes.

Grzi

Other great anime with a score below 7 on MAL:

Lord of Lords Ryu Knight
The Five Star Stories (yes.)
The Skull Man

Some more with a score that barely passes a 7, while deserving more:

Code Breaker
The Phoenix Movies
Mahou Tsukai Tai OVA
Futakoi Alternative

I have to stop checking now, these were all I could find in about five minutes, obviously there's more, I might check later.

Nanoha Vivid - 07
Before the blast
Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2007_01.jpg

After the blast
Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2007_02.jpg

Did nanoha destroy the battlefield with that blast ?
2 starlight breaker colided! and then the battlefield was mostly gone , lol

The prologue is finally OVER ! The tournament arc starts !
Fight! Fights everywhere ! Can't freaking wait.
Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2007_03.jpg

They are finally there!! Signum! Vita ! . Also , forshadowing 2.0
Feels great to finally hear vita and signum , hayate too , but vita and signum are more important.

Glory to the old belkia style, let's Goooooo !!!
TOURNAMENT ARC , TOURNAMENT ARC , TOURNAMENT ARC , TOURNAMENT ARC ,TOURNAMENT ARC .
Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2007_04.jpg

Turn for what ? is that what i think it is .... j/k

Einhart started alone and rebellious , and now , she is in the midlle of vivio harem , ahem group of friends. Good job , vivio !

Episode 6 & 7 were decently done.. There some POV and scene that show that the animation team knows what is important and what isn't and they did a good job with their limited budget. i hope the blu-ray will correct the very small imperfections here and there but i can say that they did a good job with the "vacation" sub-arc.

Jex

Baby Steps S2 - 08

Great episode, probably the best match of the series so far.

There were some nicely animated cuts this week as well.
More people should be watching this.

I here good things from people watching on twitter, but I can't say that I care for tennis unless people are being hit in the face by balls as evil girls put tacs into the main heroine's shows.

Nanoha Vivid - 08

Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2008_01.jpg

yeeaaahhh Hayate familly TIME !
yep tournament arc has started , hayate, reinforce and agito are cute together, einhart has a weakness for lions and even vivo device is getting advice from nanoha.

This should be an excellent arc.

Unlimited blade works - 20

I have no idea how you guys think that was a bad episode..
Maybe you guys were expecting too much , lol ?

I mean this sequence of events is the core of this arc and i think that they handled that quite well ..
Maybe if you dislike heroic monologues ..but even then

This was a good episode.

I'm on episode 11 of Aldnoah Zero. I dropped it quite awhile back, and am thinking of possibly picking it up again. Did it ever get any better? Or did it just kind of stay crummy?

phaze

I'm on episode 11 of Aldnoah Zero. I dropped it quite awhile back, and am thinking of possibly picking it up again. Did it ever get any better? Or did it just kind of stay crummy?

The second season is even worse than the the first. Very few things sense. The ending is rushed, awful, anticlimactic and fails to delve into any larger mysteries that you might have thought this show was going to tackle. (
Origins of Aldnoah, Slaine's father and other things.)

In short - abandon the ship, soak it with oil and burn it down.

Just watch episode 12 and stop. I think it's better that way.

This is actually a good advice but I fear it will make him want to check the beginning of the second season too !

Funimation seriously has the worst fucking website. Been trying to renew my subscription but has me on an endless loop of:

Click subscribe > Choose which plan > Looks like youre not logged in! > Log in, get sent back to my profile page > Back to #1

Do these guys want my money or not? Jesus christ.

sonicmj1

Episode 12 ends the first half of the show on a note that, at the very least, is interesting. Unfortunately, the second half is just boring pretty much all the way through.

You're probably better off not bothering.

Funimation seriously has the worst fucking website. Been trying to renew my subscription but has me on an endless loop of:

Click subscribe > Choose which plan > Looks like youre not logged in! > Log in, get sent back to my profile page > Back to #1

Looks like a cookie problem. If your broswer is up to date , then , i guess you need to clear your cache.

High school Dxd born - 08

And that's why issei is the best harem protagonist in anime EVER :
Highschool%20DxD%20BorN%20-%2008.jpg

Comedy gold !

Bilingual !! Finally the most broken skill ever conceived finally make an appearance !
and it's As good as i expected !
I can't believe this episode had 4 fights .. 4! Well the gremory clan was in a hurry but still , i'd like to think that would it be a normal anime , We would have 2 eps for the same content ..

But still that was magnificent , Akeno/rias argument , bilingual appearance , And that final fight !!
Kiba fight was underwhelming ..i must admit , in the book , he was much more ruthless and it felt like this was more "special", but i guess they didn't have much time after showing xenovia ascalon+durandal combo.

That final fight , i really ahd a nice smile on my face , the red dragon was angry and that one sided beatdown of diodora was freaking awesome.i really liked this scene.. Too bad , they didn't explain why he was so confident in the anime , but that's what a lack of time does when you have so much to show in a limited time.

All in one , this episode of dxd was excellent , there was a lot of fanservice , but the fights weren't bad..Next week is going to be even better.

I here good things from people watching on twitter, but I can't say that I care for tennis unless people are being hit in the face by balls as evil girls put tacs into the main heroine's shows.

I enjoy the show quite a bit, but it's a hard sell for anyone who isn't a sports anime fan, as the show is a pretty structurally standard sports show. It's refreshing however in how realistic it is in terms of the sport and the training, compared to a lot of the super powered nonsense out there. But the fact that it's still a sports anime, and not a looker, means that I can't in good conscience recommend it to people who aren't into that sort of thing.

And I'm the kind of guy who can love anime tennis whether it's Baby Steps, Aim for the Ace, or even The Prince of Tennis (which holds a special place in my heart due to when I got into it despite its many shortcomings). So people should probably have a 30% reduction when translating my opinions on sports anime to non-crazy people land.

Grzi

Not really lol. It's a lot more subtle in its approach, more than other sports anime at least. But the characters are extremely likeable, and the way the main characters' growth is shown during the show is really well done.

Kuroko no Basket on the other hand sounds a lot more like what you're looking for. Motherfucking Kuroko, man, I can't stress enough how good that show is, and I suspect a lot of the more "serious" anime fans passed it as something that caters to a certain audience and doesn't feature a lot of redeeming qualities. But there's not a single show in the last couple of years whose cast has gotten under my skin as much as Kuroko's. The way the show introduces its characters and makes you slowly fall in love in each and every one of them is impeccable. It's incredibly addictive and manages to find new ways to keep the viewers interested constantly. The production values are mostly decent, but they take a nosedive from time to time, although all the important scenes look great.
I really don't know why I'm talking about the show right now, but I guess it's mostly because I feel kind of sad that it's ending soon. I'll really miss it. : (

Midonin

Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic 08

So Karen wants to work at a fast food restaurant. That would sound very familiar. Fun episode, with everything one would expect. Ayaya and Yoko being themselves, Shino doing her best in spite of circumstances, lots of fun stuff.

Eden of Grisaia 06

Briefly returning to Angelic Howl. So glad I had it bookended by two shows that are comedies, because that's one of the more unpleasant things in anime recently. Also, naming your computer system after a god of death doesn't sound like the smartest idea.

Yamada Witches 07

That's one way to change the future.

cajunator

Banned

its pretty meh but I did order a Princess Asseylum figure because she is just so cute and elegant. Thats the main thing I got from it.

I had that issue but circumvented it with another browser. I think you dont have cookies set for the site.

Yeah, got that issue fixed thankfully. Did a 1 year sub so I wont have to worry about this for a long time.

Show by Rock!! 8

This should be about SHINGANCRIMSONZ with Cyan making an appearance here and there. No one else is as interesting as these guys.

I just had to laugh at how they made up and then turned around and started playing guitar solos. Lol.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, got that issue fixed thankfully. Did a 1 year sub so I wont have to worry about this for a long time.

Show by Rock!! 8

This should be about SHINGANCRIMSONZ with Cyan making an appearance here and there. No one else is as interesting as these guys.

I just had to laugh at how they made up and then turned around and started playing guitar solos. Lol.

The more Cyan the better. She is a joy.

Tetsujin 28-go (2004) - 8

I feel like I could recommend this show to those who don't even like mecha so far. It's a very different show when compared to many other super robot shows like TTGL or Mazinger.

The only thing that can combat Tetsujin is another robot. With the show being set in the 60s (IIRC), there's practically nothing else that can stop it. Because of this, there's an edge of fear that's to be felt whenever it's around. The people living in this time are beginning to prosper after a war that devastated most of their country, where they spent their time fearing weapons like these.

Now there's another big machine stomping around, what reason is there not have to be afraid?

There's also the character of Kenji Murasame, who wants to destroy the Tetsujin for killing his brother in the first episode while it was out of control, thinking it will benefit Japan as well.

It's his efforts to do so that ends up becoming his own undoing, where in this arc he makes a deal with a gang of thieves to steal Tetsujin and take it out of Japan.

Taking it out of Japan, is what they don't do. They use Tetsujin to steal, destroy, and steal some more, saying that the people of Japan are nothing more than dogs for losing the war, bringing more harm to the country he wanted to protect.

Top it all off when in this episode, he unintentionally ends up causing another robot to go out of control, right when Tetsujin was incapacitated. There is nothing but horror on his face as he realizes that all of that was his fault, and that he couldn't do anything to help his country in the end after Tetsujin defeats the out-of-control robot.

Imagawa does it again. The characters, the setting, the atmosphere, it's all fantastic here.

Baalzebup

High school Dxd born - 08

And that's why issei is the best harem protagonist in anime EVER :

Bilingual !! Finally the most broken skill ever conceived finally make an appearance !
and it's As good as i expected !
I can't believe this episode had 4 fights .. 4! Well the gremory clan was in a hurry but still , i'd like to think that would it be a normal anime , We would have 2 eps for the same content ..

But still that was magnificent , Akeno/rias argument , bilingual appearance , And that final fight !!
Kiba fight was underwhelming ..i must admit , in the book , he was much more ruthless and it felt like this was more "special", but i guess they didn't have much time after showing xenovia ascalon+durandal combo.

That final fight , i really ahd a nice smile on my face , the red dragon was angry and that one sided beatdown of diodora was freaking awesome.i really liked this scene.. Too bad , they didn't explain why he was so confident in the anime , but that's what a lack of time does when you have so much to show in a limited time.

All in one , this episode of dxd was excellent , there was a lot of fanservice , but the fights weren't bad..Next week is going to be even better.

That really was a pretty golden episode. That ending thought... grrr.

Tuck

Arslan Senki - 8
Another great episode. No big fights, but the plot is progressing at a good pace. Really like the characters and the scenarios they're placed in each week.

Soul Eater 10

Oh look, an episode where Black Star isn't being utterly annoying and shows concern for someone other than himself. Tsubaki also gets some focus as well which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom