• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyx

Yes but... but... but Iroha

tumblr_nmyg5zmCYO1s4qvrdo1_500.gif

#bestgirl. Seriously though, I wouldn't mind if they end up together. <3

Cornbread78

SYD is literally just 'generic everyman goes to a girls school, is forced into the student council, almost everyone is either the straight man or makes lewd jokes 24/7'. There's no real plot.

It's kind of like Suzumiya Haruhi if instead of the SOS Brigade being a bunch of weird crap it was just about making as many lewd jokes as possible in twenty minutes.

But is it fun to watch? Obviously, there is no romance, or relationships, but is it funn and funny?

They're really good together. Hikki turns on "big brother" mode when he's around her so they play off nicely with each other. I'm slowly starting to embrace #TeamIroha.
lVePcsN.png

I don't know, he does treat her a lot different from Yui and Yuki so I can see it, but you know, she's already denied him 4 times, lol. It could work, but Yuki is still the most compatible and logical choice. Besides, he would probably rather have a woman to walk shoulder to shoulder with, rather than following in their footsteps or leading the way.

Jintor

you may have missed the post where I said it was one of the funniest show's i've ever seen. that's alright. i understand sometimes i fade into the background. it's cool. *runs off*

seriously though it's great.

apropos of nothing, have you seen Gekkan Shoujo yet?

Cornbread78

you may have missed the post where I said it was one of the funniest show's i've ever seen. that's alright. i understand sometimes i fade into the background. it's cool. *runs off*

seriously though it's great.

apropos of nothing, have you seen Gekkan Shoujo yet?

Wel, I wouldn't say that, it was already in my Crunchyroll queue so I know where to go for my next comedy, lol

#bestgirl. Seriously though, I wouldn't mind if they end up together. <3

I'll reserve judgment on that until the end of this arc. Let's see where this goes.

I love that she's such a foxy girl lol. Although she might look cute, under that disguise there's an evil, scheming woman.

I thought that at first too but I think she just wants to be liked. I love her "PR" voice where she puts in extra effort to be cute. Drags out her "desu ka"s...ahhhhh

I don't know, he does treat her a lot different from Yui and Yuki so I can see it, but you know, she's already denied him 4 times, lol. It could work, but Yuki is still the most compatible and logical choice. Besides, he would probably rather have a woman to walk shoulder to shoulder with, rather than following in their footsteps or leading the way.

Her rejections and excuses have gotten less and less harsher. Eventually itll be something like "Well, I guess I have no choice?" or something haha. I wish.

Speaking of Isshiki, I love this comic:

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 23 (EngDub)
CF0Fo5XWEAAFpHl.png

Precious Chrono smiling. Nice.

Great fun episode of teamwork. I had scene some images before and wondered why they were cosplaying or posing on pillows, but in context it was just as hilarious as I imagined. These are some great teambuilding activities that are better than the dull outdoors obstacle courses that people do IRL.

Interdimensional Dragon, Epoch Maker Dragon was the best card.

Man, Shounen hairstyles have gotten more ridiculous over the years haven't they?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Iroha is the best girl in the anime. Her and Hikigaya bounce off of each other really well and can compliment each other.

Arslan Senki 8

R751FjL.jpg

Truly a Goddess worth worshipping.&#128526;

The crew is all set and ready to go. Now that all the cast have gathered the real journey will begin. Arslan is truly lucky to have a beautiful mistress working for him, plus he has Gieve as well. The Sliver Mask's name is Hermes and it seems he has some deep history with the King considering he says he rightfully owns the crown. Too bad Kharlan died, I really wanted to know his reason for betrayal. Anyways Arslan is a respectable MC and Prince considering he told Farangis to do an elegy for the dead soldiers.

I thought that at first too but I think she just wants to be liked. I love her "PR" voice where she puts in extra effort to be cute. Drags out her "desu ka"s...ahhhhh

Her rejections and excuses have gotten less and less harsher. Eventually itll be something like "Well, I guess I have no choice?" or something haha. I wish.

Speaking of Isshiki, I love this comic:
YES I love how she changes her tone of voice lol. Her characterization is just so well made, she's such a likable character. Also that comic is something that I could actually see happening. Nah she wouldn't LOL.

Grisaia S2 06
Holy fuck with the flashback. Jesus Christ this show doesn't hold back on the macabre and sinister stuff, goddamn. Also at the end
a white haired Yuuji?! He's 100% the one who was caught on camera on that footage shown on the news on the previous episode!

kewlmyc

SNAFU waifu wars!?

Yukino is obvious end, but every girl is good. Hell, every character is good in their own right, except for Sagami.

Midonin

PriPara 46

As fun as it is to come up with wild theories about Mikan and Aroma being agents of the supernatural sent to dismantle Meganee's technomagical wonderland (I'm sticking with my theories about her for now), but sometimes, what the show actually presents can be just as interesting. And so it begins with the Secret Origin of Aroma and Mikan.

Aroma really is like Ranko Kanzaki and Yurika Toudou. Beneath that elaborate form of cosplay and theater, lies a shy girl who's using it to project a kind of ideal self. PriPara has always been about this to some extent, about the gap between who you are and who you say you want to be. It's not the biggest show on the radar that's covered these themes in anime, even in this season, but it is the one I most enjoy writing about. Mirei wants to be someone who's the ideal idol, and fun. Sophie wants to be admired. Leona wants to be a girl.

So what does Aroma want to be? Feared, or at least looked on curiously for her "devil" powers, which all stem from liking a role in a school play and making it a part of herself. It's telling just how Japan treats Biblical symbolism, because here we have the power of a devil being used to repel snakes. Grisaia also takes on some traits of our mythology with the usage of its fruit and paradise themes and maybe handles them a little closer to how the West utilizes them, but PriPara turns them on their heads in a fun way.

Hell, Aroma even ends up inspiring somebody with her devil speeches. Just as Yurika has her legion of fans and Ranko is the only idol to go solo. It clearly has an audience. And this episode makes me think that Mikan is smarter than she looks. She's certainly very athletic, but she's the one who put the PriPara idea in Aroma's head in the first place. I don't think she's as "deep" into her angel persona as Aroma is into her devil one, though she is clearly as passionate.

All this and I don't even need to bring up the lost dog subplot that necessitated all this happening in the first place. I don't know which group will ultimately absorb Aromageddon into themselves and become the five man team that will accomplish this season's goal, but I can make a strong case for both sides.

I can't wait until iM@S CG returns in the summer. Being able to compare and contrast Ranko and Aroma's late-stage idol development will be fun. Chuunibyou can be embarrassing, it can be overblown, and it's not even always original, but if you're going to wear a mask in everyday life, why not make it a fun one? Breaking down Aroma's mind game master cover is adding dimensions to her character and painting her actions in a previous light.

She wants to be noticed.

We all want to be noticed.

Perhaps that's why we all could do with a guardian angel like Mikan.

Zephyx

I'll reserve judgment on that until the end of this arc. Let's see where this goes.

Challenge accepted? Well, the arc is finishing up in 2 to 3 episodes and I think she still has a chance to convince you.

I would love a compilation of her rejections just to show her progression in terms of their relationship.

Cornbread78

Grisaia S2 06
Holy fuck with the flashback. Jesus Christ this show doesn't hold back on the macabre and sinister stuff, goddamn. Also at the end
a white haired Yuuji?! He's 100% the one who was caught on camera on that footage shown on the news on the previous episode!

Yeah, I just watched that and it confused the hell outta me. Wait, how, what, who the #$&/# is that.. He has to be a
clone of Yuuji based on all the new info we got on the fate of his sister.
I can't believe the girls are all-in on this, I mean 1 or more of them
are definitely going to get seriously hurt or die.
This is about to get crazy..

kewlmyc

Aniplex of Japan is getting stricter on UK releases now, so this may not be a viable strategy any longer. They have to protect their NA side as best they can from the cheap and/or entitled fans.

Code Geass is slowly getting to the US, but Sunrise is focusing on a venture that earns more for them (publishing Gundam in the US with TRSI as a distributor). The materials will get to Funi, but given how cheap the companies are, it's likely not in a rush.

I would shop more with Aniplex if they just offered more standard releases. Every thing seems to be a "limited edition" bundled with cds, "artbooks", and postcards I'll never use. Seems like it jacks up the price tremendously too. I've bought the Madoka Rebellion movie from them with no problem since it was decently priced and had a standard release. They're offering standard releases for Kill La Kill, so that's a start.

Yeah, I just watched that and it confused the hell outta me. Wait, how, what, who the #$&/# is that.. He has to be a

Yup, but to be honest with this show I have just learned to embrace the worst. I'm ready for whatever at this point lmfao.

It's gonna get pretty dumb/awesome, let's say maid and knives.

YES I love how she changes her tone of voice lol. Her characterization is just so well made, she's such a likable character. Also that comic is something that I could actually see happening. Nah she wouldn't LOL.

She is. I was ready to hate her but I have been won over.

SNAFU waifu wars!?

Yukino is obvious end, but every girl is good. Hell, every character is good in their own right, except for Sagami.

Speaking of Sagami, I wonder if shell make an appearance this season since she and her cronies are on the ending theme animation.

I would love a compilation of her rejections just to show her progression in terms of their relationship.

Went from:

"Sorry not happening, I have someone I like" to
"Youre being too obvious! Its creepy and really not happening!" to
"That nearly made my heart skip a beat but its not happening!" to
"I like older guys but I cant!"

Wonder what the 5th one will be haha.

NOW, who's the best girl again?

They're practically a couple in this scene. Its so misleading without context.

tumblr_no0vfzFQUe1qet0cro1_540.gif

tumblr_no0vfzFQUe1qet0cro3_540.gif

Cornbread78

Yup, but to be honest with this show I have just learned to embrace the worst. I'm ready for whatever at this point lmfao.

It's gonna get pretty dumb/awesome, let's say maid and knives.

I still can't believe the
computer? Made her pronounce her love for him in front of everyone as well. That "computer" is their old sensei, right? Right? Also, Amana still hasn't told them she is his "girlfriend" huh?
She is going completely against her promise to him now..

Also, another awesome maid will take center stage huh? Damn, it's on..

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 9

The last few minutes of this episode was some great mecha action. I definitely enjoyed the whole synchronization aspect of this episode.

Asuka kinda declined in tolerability in this episode, however. So much tsun. It never got to a point where it was unbearable, though.

They're practically a couple in this scene. Its so misleading without context.

tumblr_no0vfzFQUe1qet0cro1_540.gif

tumblr_no0vfzFQUe1qet0cro3_540.gif

Gotta give it to them, didn't notice at the time but the animation on that last gif is pretty good. The way her hands let go of the weight. They really do put a lot of thought into this show.

I still can't believe the
computer? Made her pronounce her love for him in front of everyone as well. That "computer" is their old sensei, right? Right? Also, Amana still hasn't told them she is his "girlfriend" huh?
She is going completely against her promise to him now..
This show is completely insane and I love it LOL.

Sterok

Ika Musume 2

What kind of useless squid drowns? I think Isa is some kind of prodigy. Whether Gorou or Ika has the correct definition of protector of the sea would be an interesting debate. I’m amused how Ika is such a terrible person, yet still comes across as not bad. Time to make up a birthday. She’s got an active imagination. I think they should try squid ink cake. Cosplaying squid. I'm already seeing the connections with Splatoon. Beware those with cameras.

You think you have a clue on what's going on ? The show hasn't even started giving you answers , this saga is a giant and awesome mindfuck.
But i'm quite sure all of you will enjoy the answers provided when they'll stop throwing you these kinds of events.

cajunator

Banned
Yup its a really good OVA, exactly like those old rated R cop movies, you're right. Had a lot of fun with this one, and I've been going on an OVA binge, feels really good to finally watch those old classics I've been meaning to watch for God knows how long, very overdue but good things come to those who wait, and I'm having a blast. Love the designs, some of my favorite in a long time. The right amount of cute, professional and feisty. Gunsmith Cats is a spin off of Riding Bean, right? I haven't seen it but will add it to my watch list for sure.

Thanks, I can see why its revered and loved :)

You might also like to check out Burn Up W, Bubblegum Crisis, and Youre Under Arrest.

Jintor

I think I asked this maybe a month ago, but there's basically no legit way to watch Gekkan Shoujo's OVAs is there?

aside from buying the dvds or whatevs

jbug617

Banned
You think you have a clue on what's going on ? The show hasn't even started giving you answers , this saga is a giant and awesome mindfuck.
But i'm quite sure all of you will enjoy the answers provided when they'll stop throwing you these kinds of events.

I remember when I thought it was going to be an average harem show.

Heh, can't wait. Season 3 has been announced already too so we for sure have a lot to see.

Midonin

Heh, can't wait. Season 3 has been announced already too so we for sure have a lot to see.
This is "season 3". The Labyrinth special was mostly adapted from the second VN, and now we're into the third.

Unless they adapt the Michiru idol/magical girl spinoff (and I hope they do), there's no more of this story left after this season.

This is "season 3". The Labyrinth special was mostly adapted from the second VN, and now we're into the third.

Unless they adapt the Michiru idol/magical girl spinoff (and I hope they do), there's no more of this story left after this season.
Oh the long length episode you are right. I thought that was a side OVA just to give us more information for the second season. Then this is the last one?

Midonin

Oh the long length episode you are right. I thought that was a side OVA just to give us more information for the second season. Then this is the last one?
When a sequel was announced, it included Labyrinth (the hour-long special) and Eden (which we're in the middle of.) The story is going to conclude this season.

Cornbread78

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 7
Man another funny episode to watch as they dodge the disaster bullet. Yamada is a lucky dude, that witch jammed her tongue
right down his throat, lol
that was good stuff. Now, more importantly, they keep slowly building this romantic relationship between
Yamada and Shirishi,
which has been an added bonus because it is developing very earnestly and does not feel forced or misplaced at all. I'm routing for him, lol. I know people who have read the manga say they are rushing this along too quickly, so should we take that as this is a 1 and done season to promote the manga only?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hey Faragis is competent and a strong lady that knows how to protect herself, unlike Hestia who's annoying and useless.

Hestia is annoying for sure but she makes up for it with how cute she can be. Faragis is just some horny cougar looking for her next thrill.

Gotta give it to them, didn't notice at the time but the animation on that last gif is pretty good. The way her hands let go of the weight. They really do put a lot of thought into this show.

There are several instances in the show where the animation is really smooth and well done like that sequence. Really elevates the scenes.

Cornbread78

One of my surprise favs. It's kinda outta character for me, but it's a great story.

When a sequel was announced, it included Labyrinth (the hour-long special) and Eden (which we're in the middle of.) The story is going to conclude this season.

This makes me very happy, this series has been awesome mind fuck and it sounds like it's gonna get crazier but have an ending.

Zephyx

I'm planning to purchase the Stein's Gate VN when it releases in PSN sometime this June. Do you guys think it's a better experience to play the VN before the anime or vice versa? I'm planning to add it to my watch list.

wonzo

Banned
I'm planning to purchase the Stein's Gate VN when it releases in PSN sometime this June. Do you guys think it's a better experience to play the VN before the anime or vice versa? I'm planning to add it to my watch list.
Just read the VN.

Hestia is annoying for sure but she makes up for it with how cute she can be. Faragis is just some horny cougar looking for her next thrill.

Not really Yams Farangis is devoted to Arslan because of her duties plus she's in her twenties so she's not a cougar. At least she isn't all over Arslan's dick like like Hestia is to Bell. Farangis also shows restraint as well unlike Hestia's annoying self.

Honestly I really don't know how you can find Hestia cute she's like your everyday annoying anime girl that only thinks about getting into the MC's pants. I bet if she didn't have that string gimmick most would dislike her.

What the fuck? This is my first time hearing that Stein's Gate VN is getting a English release on PSN. When was this news released? Seriously where have I been all this time.

Well I guess I may just go ahead and buy it when it's released.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Not really Yams Farangis is devoted to Arslan because of her duties plus she's in her twenties so she's not a cougar. At least she isn't all over Arslan's dick like like Hestia is to Bell. Farangis also shows restraint as well unlike Hestia's annoying self.

Honestly I really don't know how you can find Hestia cute she's like your everyday annoying anime girl that only thinks about getting into the MC's pants. I bet if she didn't have that string gimmick most would dislike her.

woah woah wait, i thought you were talking about that horny goddess in danmachi lol, my bad. i do find her annoying but she's a character that provides that little annoying every show needs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom