• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yui is doomed

She's 3rd in line behind superior Yukino and drastically superior Iroha

Honest question here, but this season I don't see Yukino as "superior" in any way. Maybe on season 1 she was yeah, but this season I just don't see it. Is this based on looks alone? I'm legitimately curious, I find her personality to be a bit repulsive these last few days
well with the last episode maybe that will change,
but still.

was the original SNAFU this popular? I dont recall it getting this much attention.
I didn't post on here when it was originally on, but let's put it this way. I liked it so much that every season since then (it's been what, 2-3 years?) I say, "So which of these will be my SNAFU?". Every time I recommend a slice of life to someone, my number one recommendation is always this series lol.

If quality is measured in the amount of posts generated on AnimeGAF, then SNAFU and Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? are the clear frontrunners for best show of the season.

Personally, my favorite shows are Euphonium (which feels much more Hyouka than K-On to me) and Blood Blockade Battlefront. Not the strongest season, though.

Euphonium is definitely the gem of the season. It's a really high quality work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We were spoiled by Ping Pong and Shirobako.

Still, Euphonium has a chance to be up there

Euphonium is one of the better shows this season. The art is typical KyoAni gorgeousness.

was the original SNAFU this popular? I dont recall it getting this much attention.

I think a lot of people didnt give it a chance because it had a ridiculous name and looked generic.

Season one also didnt have Iroha.

Euphonium is definitely the gem of the season. It's a really high quality work.

I've got to admit that this show really did surprise me. I said it before but I was expecting something like K-ON which I am not that big of a fan of, but this is much better than that. The comparison in quality with Hyouka is pretty good, they are different shows tackling different themes, but it's the same amount of quality.

My harvest for May 2015 :
20150525_121419.jpg
I feel good right now.

( too bad i'm too deep into the witcher to put anything else in my PS4 )

Jex

Shigurui - 07-12 [Finale]
SuI7xnw.png

Now the largest issue I have with this anime is that it ends before telling the entire story. While the final episode is half decent for a breakpoint, it was still obviously left in the middle of nowhere and after some research it turns out the anime adapted 31 chapters of the 84 from the manga. So yeh, that kinda just sucks, especially since this series ran in 2007 and I suppose getting a sequel is highly unlikely :/

Yeah, good luck with reading the rest of the manga. It really goes...places.

Clov

The one thing that annoyed me about Shigurui wasn't that
we never see the outcome of the match at the beginning, but rather that we never see how Fujiki loses his arm. I would have been satisfied if we just saw how the two individuals got to the point they were at at the beginning, but it feels really unfinished because of that detail. I feel like it spoils an otherwise really well made show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The problem is that in the last few years, Toei has veered extremely far into the bad category. Not just in declining production values, but also in how they've treated their revivals of old franchises. Sailor Moon Crystal and Digimon Adventure Tri were both massive middle fingers to fans of the originals, and I have little doubt that Dragon Ball Super will follow suit.

Technically Happiness Charge was also billed as a "tenth anniversary series" for Precure so I'd include that even if it wasn't a revival, per se. Same director as Heartcatch, superficial similarities to Heartcatch, still fully collapsed in ten episodes. Toei is the studio equivalent of Japanese game developers who have a legendary stable of IPs from previous decades but only use them to make pachinko and f2p phone games.

The one thing that annoyed me about Shigurui wasn't that
we never see the outcome of the match at the beginning, but rather that we never see how Fujiki loses his arm. I would have been satisfied if we just saw how the two individuals got to the point they were at at the beginning, but it feels really unfinished because of that detail. I feel like it spoils an otherwise really well made show.

Yeh that exact detail confused me. Well, in addition to Mie not really doing anything really when not only did the narrator allude to some development of hers at the end of ep6, in the first episode she also said that she detests Irako, which doesn't make much sense where the anime ended (
I mean she wasn't entirely fond of her father, so his death eh...
).

Since MAL has no mention of an adaptation on it's Shigurui anime page, I was expecting to get the full story in these 12 episodes. The focus on that Kogan-sensei was weird to me but eh, even with that it would've made for a somewhat decent tie in if the missing arm and Mie's behavior were explained. Like this though, it's certainly lacking.

Yeah, good luck with reading the rest of the manga. It really goes...places.

Sigh...
That's kinda reminiscent of my time with Berserk. Didn't get a complete story there either and went to check out the manga which didn't quite go the direction I would've liked, and that just in addition to not being fucking finished either. At least Shirugui is done... Oh well, I'll see how that goes for me.

edit: Though the Berserk TV series was concluded itself better than Shigurui, which has to tie back into its first episode after all.

phaze

Yeh that exact detail confused me. Well, in addition to Mie not really doing anything really when not only did the narrator allude to some development of hers at the end of ep6, in the first episode she also said that she detests Irako, which doesn't make much sense where the anime ended (
I mean she wasn't entirely fond of her father, so his death eh...
).

Since MAL has no mention of an adaptation on it's Shigurui anime page, I was expecting to get the full story in these 12 episodes. The focus on that Kogan-sensei was weird to me but eh, even with that it would've made for a somewhat decent tie in if the missing arm and Mie's behavior were explained. Like this though, it's certainly lacking.

Sigh...
That's kinda reminiscent of my time with Berserk. Didn't get a complete story there either and went to check out the manga which didn't quite go the direction I would've liked, and that just in addition to not being fucking finished either. At least Shirugui is done... Oh well, I'll see how that goes for me.

Good luck with chapter 50-something :D

Mie is such a weird character, I'm not quite sure what makes her tick. She was pretty easy to understand till her reaction
to her father's death.
But from then on I found a lot of her actions baffling.

Cornbread78

Punchline ep.7
I have no idea where this I'd going now, lol. I mean is Yuuta a
Boy or a girl? Was he a boy with a girl spirit? That kinda confused me...
The show is definitely more interesting than I thought it would be after the first couple episodes, that's for sure.

Punchline ep.7
The show is definitely more interesting than I thought it would be after the first couple episodes, that's for sure.

"Yuta" is actually Pine in Chiyoko's body. Chiyoko's spirit is inside Guriko's body. And Guriko's spirit is inside Pine's body. When they Yubafied inside the van, their spirits switched bodies.

Punchline ep.7

Girl body with boy szpirit inside ( explain why he got nosebleeds and why he was allowed in an all girl dorm

Who would buy their OS because of a waifu lol.

Isn't there also a girl for Internet Explorer?

Like the design at least ..

Cornbread78

Girl body with boy szpirit inside ( explain why he got nosebleeds and why he was allowed in an all girl dorm

Like the design at least ..

"Yuta" is actually Pine in Chiyoko's body. Chiyoko's spirit is inside Guriko's body. And Guriko's spirit is inside Pine's body. When they Yubafied inside the van, their spirits switched bodies.

So in order to fix everything,
Yuuta has to get everyone's spirit s back onto the correct bodies then, right?

kewlmyc

People are excited for Dragonball Super?

Do they not know who the studio is?

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. I just want to see how they handle the threads they started in Battle of the Gods. I'm expecting it to at least be better than GT since it going to have Beerus and Whis in it, who are better characters than anything introduced in the Buu and GT sagas (excluding Videl).

Jarmel

Banned
Weekend Musings:

-So I'm guessing most people are aware Shingo Yamashita did the Birdy Decode S2 climax fight (the one that inspired MoS's stuff). He talked about it a bit at the panel at Animazement. He normally would have cleaned the sequence such as erasing sketch lines but didn't have enough time. He just drew and drew. He doesn't remember using an eraser once. One part of the fight had Birdy and the friend/villain(can't remember his name) fighting as part of a building fell. The original version of that particular cut was that they were fighting in a room but Yamashita asked the director if he could modify that cut into what you see in the final version.
-Yamashita had a month to do the SSY ED. It took him three weeks to read the novels so he did the ED in a week. He did the early animation and storyboards in a single day. As already known, he did everything for the ED such as coloring and backgrounds.
-For Naruto ED 15, the ED director wanted the ED to be one long fight sequence and thought it would be cool to have different animators work on it while still being seamless. It turned into a sort of competition.
-I think Kameda won hands down. Sorry, Yamashita.
-Animator Support Group autograph section was awesome, partially because nobody showed. First day I got 4 sketches, two from Yamashita and two from Tanagawa. Tanagawa put in work for everybody's sketches (everybody requested Gundam Reconguista sketches). Yamashita had a ton of difficulty drawing Birdy, especially around the mouth.
-Hidaka and Inoue's autograph session on Saturday was a shitshow. Watanabe's was just as bad and what's worse is that Watanabe is a slow signer so out of the 200+ people there, I doubt more thab 60 to 70 got autographs, I didn't stay to confirm though.

While I was going through my LWA blu-rays, I started reading the pamphlet/booklet that came with the BDs. Inside was a series of interviews with all the major staff. If you own the BDs and have the booklet, I highly recommend reading it as it works as a good companion piece for the LWA Making-Of video. I'll type up some pieces of information I picked up, for the people without BDs:

-Akko got her name from a common nickname for young/early female animators in the industry. So there are many 'Akkos' floating around.
-Suzy was supposed to be more of a loser in the original version, so as to show Akko was hanging out with the losers. However they changed it to the smart-ass version.
-In the early scripts, there were scenes with Akko actually studying to get into the magical academy. Yoshinari was worried though that would create a plot hole of Akko then not knowing Shiny Chariot's perception in the magical world.
-LWA takes place in England and the school itself is in some sort of alternate dimension that allows them to use magic freely.
-Diana is obviously English and she flew from England to Japan to see Shiny Chariot's show. Diana at the show was a change by one of the animators, Sakamoto (I think).
-Yoshinari feels the book series 'The Worst Witch' was a bigger source of inspiration rather than Harry Potter.
-Otsuka was a fan of the Mirai project for a long time as it reminded him of his work at Gainax where he helped to foster talent. Obviously Trigger was, and is, broke so they couldn't really afford to foster talent in that manner so Otsuka liked the government money component. Otsuka had seemingly been tinkering with the idea of making Yoshinari a director but was worried that if they suggested him to a production committee, he would be shoeboxed into making an action series due to his status as an action/effects animator.
-Otsuka brought it up to to Yoshinari, who at the time was working on KLK. Imaishi obviously wasn't wild about losing his best animator but thought it would be good for Yoshinari.
-Yoshinari had wanted to try his hand at being a director and agreed after taking some time to think about it. He brought back two concepts quickly as the submission deadline was coming up. One was a supernatural action animal thing that Otsuka described 'just as one would expect of Yoshinari' and the other was girls attending a magical school. Guess which won?
-Yoshinari kept the designs simple because he thought the animators would focus too much on the designs and not other aspects.
-As for selecting the animators, Otsuka said they wanted young animators but not too inexperienced. "You can't expect a junior high student to complete a high-school level curriculum."
-Yoshinari is extremely blunt in his criticisms. Told one of the animators, "Your skill doesn't match what you want to do". Even later mentioned one of them would work better as a director rather than as animator.
-Yoshinari wanted a Tim Burton-esque atmosphere. This shocked Otsuka. However Yoshinari either changed his mind or what he had in mind wasn't close to say, A Nightmare Before Christmas. I think Otsuka was relieved.
-Yuji Kaneko ( note that the book only names Kaneko but I doubt they would have let the younger animator do the SBs) did the storyboarding and did it in color, which is very unusual.
-Takafumi Hori also learned some stuff from Yoshinari. There was some example about using actual film to do an effect/animation.
-Yoshinari tried to facilitate the animators' styles rather than 'correct' them. He notes there isn't one right way to draw and so it was important to get their basic skills up, like eye level or body language.
-Yoshinari wasn't sure if they were going to finish in time because one of the restrictions of the Mirai project is that you can't bring in outside help later. The usual production method is that you have an initial staff and you hire/bring in more animators later when the deadline looms.
-Yoshinari is happy he did the project as he had a large amount of creative freedom and didn't have to worry about sales, but wants to forget it. He's not happy that Akko didn't really struggle or have doubts. In short he thought it was too simple.

There were some good interviews with the animators and they detail some of the elements that Yoshinari corrected them on. Like Sakamoto had difficulty drawing the crowds in the opening.

Oh and a minor entertaining moment happened at the Support Group autograph session. I have a Gurren Lagann poster that I'm toting around. So I brought it up for Yamashita to sign (as he did some key animation for TTGL) and he immediately knew it was Yoshinari before I even finished unrolling it and initially refused. I guess he was worried that I was trying to make him sign Yoshinari's work. I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Yoshinari will kill me". It seemed like the other two animators were taking jabs on him that he was trying to pass it off as his own. I had to convince him that yes I know it's Yoshinari's and I'm getting Yoshinari to sign it. Yoshinari really does have a sort of reverence in the industry.

lol

Not a lot of people seem to be excited about Ushio to Tora. I expect it to be one of the better titles of the season.

My only worry is how much they'll be able to adapt. A 1 or even 2 cour show would NOT do the series justice, and I really don't trust or want them to go the original route. If they can do all amazing 33 volumes, that would be great, but that's not realistic.

lonely

A few days ago I said that Tokyo Ghoul was going to be the most popular cosplay and what do you know? I was right! I probably saw 10 different Kanekis as well as assorted members of the supporting cast. Highlight of the show was finding a stall selling imported blurays and I will definitely be using their website in the future.
I got a lot of what I wanted and the free KlK tote bag was super useful, not pictured is my Log Horizon part 2 as it has already been lent out to a friend to watch.

So in order to fix everything,
Yuuta has to get everyone's spirit s back onto the correct bodies then, right?

Why ?

they lived in those bodies for a while now, getting them in their original bodies is meaningless at this point. What they have to do is to prevent that damn rock from hitting earth while getting everyone alive in the process during those 10 days

Cornbread78

Why ?

they lived in those bodies for a while now, getting them in their original bodies is meaningless at this point. What they have to do is to prevent that damn rock from hitting earth while getting everyone alive in the process during those 10 days

I thought that I'd what "Kyubey" was hinting at, but maybe be I was wrong and completely off target, lol

DiGiKerot

A few days ago I said that Tokyo Ghoul was going to be the most popular cosplay and what do you know? I was right! I probably saw 10 different Kanekis as well as assorted members of the supporting cast. Highlight of the show was finding a stall selling imported blurays and I will definitely be using their website in the future.

I think I probably saw more Shiroes over the weekend than anything, but you kind of see what you want so see, I guess. I know, anecdotally, MVM had sold through their entire stock of Log Horizon by the time Saturday lunchtime rolled around.

As far as imported disks go, a certain retailer used to bring a huge stock of imported disks, but, apparently, someone decided to call trading standards on them for selling video content without a BBFC logo on it. They only stock UK disk content at MCM these days (other events they attend... not so much).

Looking at the Gunpla you grabbed, I was kind of glad to see a lot more places stocking Gundam kits than previous events (if nothing else, it brought the prices down a little) - I was a bit disappointed I couldn't find a Beargguy-F though, being just about the only thing I want right now (though, honestly, it wouldn't have fit in my luggage by the end of the weekend anyway!)

Kind of surprised that other retailer continues to risk selling import content, but I guess it's not quite on the same scale.

Best thing I picked up over the weekend is probably this random sketch of Mazinger Z by Macross and model-kit illustrator Hidetaka Tenjin...
u7xyG1l.jpg

It's signed on the back...

That said, the circumstances behind me getting it were a little sad - I rolled up to the signing on the second day figuring I'd get my Macross Plus BDs signed (in addition to the artbox for the second half of Macross Frontier I'd got signed the previous day) if it was quiet, and it turned out he was just idling doodling since not many folks were rolling up. Suppose that's what happens when Macross (and most the other anime he has done illustration work for, like Gundam or Yamato or Votoms) haven't been available here for years.

It did kind of mean I made out like a bandit, though - aside from swiping his Mazinger sketch, I got to have a pretty great conversation about some of the images from the Frontier artbook I just happened to have on me, and, kind of surprisingly, Cinderella Girls (I was wearing a 961Pro shirt, which he recognised correctly pointed out was kind of unusual...)

cajunator

Banned
Never heard of Burn up W, which is a surprise as I'm usually on the top of things like this, thanks for that recommendation. The girls look a bit more 'anime' compared to the more trendy Gunsmith characters or the more grounded You're Under Arrest characters, but I'll give it a shot! :) Bubblegum Crisis is something I'm going to get on BD before watching it. You're Under Arrest is also something that I've been eager to watch for a long time ass time, the characters look really cool, love the uniforms! :)

Burn Up W is a collection of stories in small self contained OVA episodes. Its fanservicey and really very silly, as you would expect from an early ADV license. It was one of my first anime experiences so I look on it fondly. Rio pretty much manipulates men so she can get what she wants. Crafty girl.

Anyone else think Plastic memories ED is adorable?

It is. No doubt about it.

So which show is worth the watch beside SNAFFU this season? I haven't kept up with the current ins and outs of Anime.
Oh and apparently Durarararara S2 is very tame compared to the first one :/

Apart from the Ecchi Cooking one and KyoAnie's attempt to have another K-on hit!

Show By Rock is the best this season!

You're just going to make Yui cry more..

Cajun, it's time. Season 1 awaits you. Season Too has been even better thus far.. Enjoy it, it is a very thought provoking series and may catch you off-guard at time with how you may have dealt with things..

It really is time. The series is finally coming out on bluray and thats what I was waiting for.

Not a lot of people seem to be excited about Ushio to Tora. I expect it to be one of the better titles of the season.

Well Ive already seen enough with the OVAs. It would be pretty much the same only updated looks.

Yui is a strong contender. She might seem aloof but she knows how to put up a fight too (Hachi is just too blind to see it):

tumblr_ngomrwEKEk1txrzruo1_500.gif

hY9zUQj.gif

Hmmm that first gif is pretty win but I like how the other girl is a mega tsundere.

Jarmel

Banned
Forgot to mention, I've somehow become the family expert on anime. I have no goddamn clue how. Anyway at family get-together one of my cousins asked me if I had seen High School DxD. He started praising it as the best anime ever, I just stared at him. I flat out laughed when he started going on about Kiss Sis, one of my other cousins simply asked him "Do you watch only shit?" Another asked me about Boku no Pico...

I try to help people but when they go and watch Tokyo Ghoul over Gurren Lagann...

Grzi

My only worry is how much they'll be able to adapt. A 1 or even 2 cour show would NOT do the series justice, and I really don't trust or want them to go the original route. If they can do all amazing 33 volumes, that would be great, but that's not realistic.

Fingers crossed that they do it justice.

Well Ive already seen enough with the OVAs. It would be pretty much the same only updated looks.

Well, I assume not many people have seen the OVAs, the premise seems great, and based on the key visual, the updated look is really good. Plus, the director is responsible for some great stuff, MAPPA is a good studio, I have high hopes.

I thought that I'd what "Kyubey" was hinting at, but maybe be I was wrong and completely off target, lol

We still dont know the deal with Chiranosuke but the basic premise is to stop that asteroid from falling. Getting back their original bodies isn't on the to-do list but now Yuta remembers who he and Mikatan really are, maybe that plot point will resurface again.

Jex

Weekend Musings:

-Yamashita had a month to do the SSY ED. It took him three weeks to read the novels so he did the ED in a week. He did the early animation and storyboards in a single day. As already known, he did everything for the ED such as coloring and backgrounds.

Damn, like a boss. It really shows, too. Easily one of the best anime ED's ever.

You have problems if you're seeing incest in Umaru-chan. There. is. no. incest. That's in your head, dude. Like seriously, this entire post is so ridiculously wrong I'm not even sure where to begin.
It's definitely not in my head, absolutely not. I've read the entire manga. There's constant incest-bait. As I said, not actual relationships, but the message is clear, and that stuff is basically the entire main plot, outside of the "Umaru outside/inside" thing of course. It's basically 'little sisters who care about / deeply rely on their big brothers / big brothers who care for their little sisters (even if they're annoying, as Umaru can be)'. Seriously, when it was revealed that ALL THREE of her friends are also younger sisters who care for their older brothers, the concept here became even more obvious. He cares about her too much to have a life outside of going home and being with her, she relies on him, etc.

If you think that there's some other explanation for it, I'd like to hear it, but do remember that this is an otaku-centric anime/manga so "it's all completely innocent" is not likely, unfortunately.

abf wrong yet again about p. much everything
Have you read the whole thing? There's so, so much of that stuff though, it's quite impossible to miss.

I'm sure some people would like the comedy more than me, though, that's true at least. I don't often find it funny, and that whole "she turns one foot tall chibi with the hood on" thing is stupid.

Sterok

Never saw incest in Umaru. Ever. Read 80 chapters, and it all seemed fine to me.

Ika Musume 3

First squids, now ghosts. I guess Ika has to look impressive in one area. Not a particularly good lifesaver that one. Ika should try invading at night. She might find more success then. At least she found some good friends. Fear the inflatable killer whale, for they are the apex predator. Someone who has relatively common sense. She'll last long. Ika finally gets a good reaction, but shrimp tastes too good to make it last. It's good sign for her at least.

lonely

I know, anecdotally, MVM had sold through their entire stock of Log Horizon by the time Saturday lunchtime rolled around.
Well I only went on the Sunday due to being in crunch time at work at the minute and made a beeline for Anime Limited for KlK then went straight to MVM to grab the rest of Log horizon as I had held of buying it because I was going here. And he told me too that they had sold out really quickly here which surprised him since shelf sales are apparently not great. I still got Arakawa from them so I could get the Love Live poster though. And I was fortunate to find Log Horizon at another vendor and for a very good price too!
Looking at the Gunpla you grabbed, I was kind of glad to see a lot more places stocking Gundam kits than previous events (if nothing else, it brought the prices down a little) - I was a bit disappointed I couldn't find a Beargguy-F though, being just about the only thing I want right now (though, honestly, it wouldn't have fit in my luggage by the end of the weekend anyway!)
Yeah, I remember back when I went to London for MCM last September that the Gunpla vendors were in the middle of a price war so its good to see that prices are now more reasonable. I was looking for a Bearguy F also, to go with the four Petit'GGuy I have coming next month. Kinda regret not getting one when I was in Birmingham a few months ago now.

Best thing I picked up over the weekend is probably this random sketch of Mazinger Z by Macross and model-kit illustrator Hidetaka Tenjin...

That said, the circumstances behind me getting it were a little sad - I rolled up to the signing on the second day figuring I'd get my Macross Plus BDs signed (in addition to the artbox for the second half of Macross Frontier I'd got signed the previous day) if it was quiet, and it turned out he was just idling doodling since not many folks were rolling up. Suppose that's what happens when Macross (and most the other anime he has done illustration work for, like Gundam or Yamato or Votoms) haven't been available here for years.
That is both an awesome and a sad story. As a huge mecha fan I wish I could've gone on one of the days he was there and got him to sign some of my Macross merch. And now I feel even worse about it knowing that he was being largely ignored.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's definitely not in my head, absolutely not. I've read the entire manga. There's constant incest-bait. As I said, not actual relationships, but the message is clear, and that stuff is basically the entire main plot, outside of the "Umaru outside/inside" thing of course. It's basically 'little sisters who care about / deeply rely on their big brothers / big brothers who care for their little sisters (even if they're annoying, as Umaru can be)'. Seriously, when it was revealed that ALL THREE of her friends are also younger sisters who care for their older brothers, the concept here became even more obvious. He cares about her too much to have a life outside of going home and being with her, she relies on him, etc.

If you think that there's some other explanation for it, I'd like to hear it, but do remember that this is an otaku-centric anime/manga so "it's all completely innocent" is not likely, unfortunately.

Have you read the whole thing? There's so, so much of that stuff though, it's quite impossible to miss.

I'm sure some people would like the comedy more than me, though, that's true at least. I don't often find it funny, and that whole "she turns one foot tall chibi with the hood on" thing is stupid.

I'm gonna file this in same drawer as DTL's take that the rape guy in SAO was just misunderstood.

Theonik

Yeah, I remember back when I went to London for MCM last September that the Gunpla vendors were in the middle of a price war so its good to see that prices are now more reasonable. I was looking for a Bearguy F also, to go with the four Petit'GGuy I have coming next month. Kinda regret not getting one when I was in Birmingham a few months ago now.
It's a shame all the vendors I tried were out of Nobel Gundam.

Never saw incest in Umaru. Ever. Read 80 chapters, and it all seemed fine to me.
If you really couldn't see it before, though I think it's fairly obvious, try chapters 94 through 96 -- that's the arc I was referring to in the spoilered part of my first post on the series.

phaze

Weekend Musings:

Pretty crazy.

-For Naruto ED 15, the ED director wanted the ED to be one long fight sequence and thought it would be cool to have different animators work on it while still being seamless. It turned into a sort of competition.
-I think Kameda won hands down. Sorry, Yamashita.

Kameda drew with Yamashita . But with Hiroyuki, not Shingo :p

I try to help people but when they go and watch Tokyo Ghoul over Gurren Lagann...

Gore >Tits

With viewers like these, anime will finally get saved.

BBB 08

For all the supposed world building that this series has supposedly been doing till now, it failed to explain some really basic facts about the whole setting. The origins and the nature of those blood superpowers remains completely effusive. Deadman Wonderland did a better job than this show does. Till this episode I assumed that they were something that appeared in the New York after the "incident". But no, it seems the whole world and not just the Jerusalem is and has, for long time, been inhabited by a full assortment of these newly introduced casters and various other magical wackos like Zapp's master. There are quite a few other things that I would prefer being more clearly established in the space of this 8 episodes. I want my exposition dammit and preferably at the beginning of the show and not in the last seconds of it. Feed it to me with a spoon.

The uneven nature of this show continues with this episode being one of the better ones. There have been further developments on the White&Black fron, Zapp&Chain (best two characters) comedy was on point and so was the weirdo master of the former. I'm not quite sure why everyone could see this super vampire as I thought it was established they can be only seen with Leo's eyes but oh well. Clearly he wasn't "super" enough.

Seems like preview
we're going completely main plot next week.

-Animator Support Group autograph section was awesome, partially because nobody showed. First day I got 4 sketches, two from Yamashita and two from Tanagawa. Tanagawa put in work for everybody's sketches (everybody requested Gundam Reconguista sketches). Yamashita had a ton of difficulty drawing Birdy, especially around the mouth.

As in nobody wanted to get autographs? That's a bit sad, just like DiGiKerot's story.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
All of us who have read the manga know the anime for Prison School is gonna be shit cause it would take too much time and effort to execute the glory that that manga is. Other than that, Iroha is still the best girl. Yui is a strong contender though...

Plus, Inami is hilarious in Working!!

Hey guys, you know what was pretty good? D-Frag!. D-Frag! was preeeeetty good.

They doing a second season of that or what?

Sales were pretty low, no manga boost and not a lot of goods made AFAIK, so probably not :\

Edit: Wait, I remembered wrong. It did actually get a decent manga boost. So maybe...

Mandelbo

Hey guys, you know what was pretty good? D-Frag!. D-Frag! was preeeeetty good.

They doing a second season of that or what?

You're right, it was pretty alright. It took a while to grow on me, but by the end I was enjoying it quite a bit.
although the space porn board game joke gets dragged out for way too long, I feel.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning on here that it didn't perform too well in Japan, so the likelihood of getting a second season probably isn't all that high, but if there is one there's a bunch of content from the manga they haven't covered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom