• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I watched most of Serial Experiments Lain with a friend while tripping out on... substances

I went to anime club a bunch but anime viewing parties are possibly the worst thing to do. Meet new people -> sit in a room in silence and stare at something else, don't have any discussion afterwards because people need to get to class. Great idea!

It's where I saw SAO for the first time and determined that my tastes it turns out do not match a lot of other people's necessarily

Hopefully, that didn't include watching Madoka tripping your ass off because there would be no way to come out of watching the scenes from those witches den's and stay sane if so...

Zephyx

I watch anime with my two brothers most of the time especially when we were younger. I also watched anime with my cousins before. I find it enjoyable especially when the episode is left on a cliffhanger.

Crocodile

Me and one of my friends used to run the anime club at our high school years ago. It was funny because I remember one conversation where one of the faculty made us swear we wouldn't screen any hentai or other objectionable shit. As if we were stupid enough to do something like that but the conversation in itself is still kind of surreal all these years later.

Jintor

Me and one of my friends used to run the anime club at our high school years ago. It was funny because I remember one conversation where one of the faculty made us swear we wouldn't screen any hentai or other objectionable shit. As if we were stupid enough to do something like that but the conversation in itself is still kind of surreal all these years later.

the obvious joke here is to characterise your teacher as a secret otaku/pervert, but i think it's funnier to think of them as just being an exasperated teacher who's seen it all before and is giving the students one last shot

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, anyone know who Gintama is referencing in this week's episode?
ycl9Pokl.png

It's a joke that totally went over my head.

Baalzebup

Danmachi-8

Two handed sword cut was legit as fuck. Bell needs to move up from those knives.

Too bad his goddess had to have the heirloom weapon forged into a shape of a knife, eh. I mean, with his rapid growth™ skill, any other weapon will be quickly outdated in comparison to his personal abilities. He is kinda stuck with the knife as a main weapon. No reason he can't start carrying Dragonslayer as a secondary though. :p

Cornbread78

Too bad his goddess had to have the heirloom weapon forged into a shape of a knife, eh. I mean, with his rapid growth™ skill, any other weapon will be quickly outdated in comparison to his personal abilities. He is kinda stuck with the knife as a main weapon. No reason he can't start carrying Dragonslayer as a secondary though. :p

Yes, the knife tucked away in his forearm guard and a sword across his back would keep him agile and deadly, lol.

cajunator

Banned
Well that really depends if you like ninja fight scenes or not. I dont follow the anime but I always try to catch the important fights 'cause theyre usually animated really well.

Not my favorite thing but I can deal with them I guess.
Naruto just wasnt very interesting to me for some reason. right from the beginning it just didnt grab me at all. Contrast that with Bleach or Inuyasha where I sat through a full season at least and somewhat enjoyed it. Shounen anime just isnt for me (unless it involves food apparently)

Oh man the good times we had in college anime club. I made so many new friends and even my roommate now who I knew because a bunch of us got together and watched Spirited away and later went ice skating and bowling for some crazy reason too.

Baalzebup

from the NFL tread in question said:
Searching YouTube for that scene out of curiosity has lead me to a live-action recreation.

Why.
aaand said:
The table.

I'm going to turn off the internet for a while. I can't handle this.

tumblr_loszamfi6z1qg5ecoo1_400.gif~c200

I guess some people really do go dancing into the minefield out of their free will.

Table kun scene?

Asking questions like that might lead to answers you don't want to see :D Table-kun, of the Code Geass fame. A short but very infamous scene of a side character having some supergoodfuntime on table edge while looking at a picture of her one sided crush. The table was christened Table-kun among the anime aficionados back when it first aired.

Cornbread78

Honey and Clover ep.9
I guess port Yuta is finally realizing that he is perma-stuck in the
friendzone
with Hagu. I mean he enjoys spending the holidays with everyone, but man, you can tell that he's hurting inside. Poor dude, he is the only normal one in the bunch too.

ibyea

Banned
Asking questions like that might lead to answers you don't want to see :D Table-kun, of the Code Geass fame. A short but very infamous scene of a side character having some supergoodfuntime on table edge while looking at a picture of her one sided crush. The table was christened Table-kun among the anime aficionados back when it first aired.

Oh. Oh. Huh. That was allowed to air?

Cornbread78

Code Geass, ep. 12 at what minute mark does all the madness take place? I might need the take a look for research and stuff.

I just googled this.

I think that's enough internet for today.

The toothbrush scene from Nisemonogatari episode 8?

You must watch the whole episode for full impact, lol

Cornbread78

The toothbrush scene is the GOAT

What you need to do is watch Code Geass.

Well, how about this. If you can fund me and anime that gives me even close to the emotional reaction that I got from several episodes of Clannad After Story, I'll watch it and another garbage trainwreck anime of your choice as punishment, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom