• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dunegon - 01

Already way better than all the harems from last season by a long shot. All the girls are super cute (with good, attractive character design) so far, and the premise/world is neat.

tzT3tA5.png
DrjZjlP.png

0yC82he.png
hUJupr1.png

It's not really what I'd call a harem. The name gives off that vibe though.

Thoraxes

It's not really what I'd call a harem. The name gives off that vibe though.
Oh, did you read the source material then? I didn't so I have no clue how it turns out.

There's already 4 chicks that have a sort of affection for the MC in the first episode.

cHinzo

I so know my shipping heart will continued to be denied.

Yeah mine probably too. Most likely he will end up with nobody and everyone will hate him. T_T At least he has Saika, righto?!

Also just watched Shokugeki no Soma.
Holyshit, this was surprisingly EPIC AS FCK. Really great animations and an interesting cooking story. Those semi-hentai scenes when they were eating, made me plug in my headphones asap, before anyone in my house thinks I'm watching a hentai lmao. So gonna follow this one too. :D

Damn, still got the rest of Kuroko's anime this season, the new Digimon Adventure, final half of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and some other interesting animes (Dungeon? Owari no Seraph?) to go. Might be too many quality animes this season, hehe.

Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 01

Meh. Seems like an alright show and the girls are cute but I dunno if I'll keep watching. Think I'm gonna try and slim down so I can watch more Gintama.

cajunator

Banned
Funi announced a start date for Show By Rock's first episode - Sunday at 10 am ET - but no ETA for Yuki yet.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG

LAWL that background looks like the american flag. Onii-sama knows where his true fandom is.

U! S! A!
U! S! A!

I...dont see it Dog.

Megumi is the best, cutest, best, and cutest Soma character.

Alice is the second best.

Can't wait for the BDs then. Sexy instrument sakuga done by Kyoani with a high-priced, hi-quality release that will likely include a ton of goodies? Sign me up.

You and me both BEAR. But you have a special appreciation for music that I admire greatly.

Shokugeki no Soma - 01

This was awesome! The reactions to the food and the cooking is so over the top I couldn't help but laugh. When this guy started cooking I felt like I was watching some climax fight.
I was impressed by Koufuku Graffiti foodgasms, but this is on another level. The bombastic soundtrack enhances it even further.
Main character seems competent and has a high competitive spirit which makes me think it'll be very entertaining to see his journey. I'm very excited to see where this goes.

You might enjoy Yakitate Japan. Really.

Seeing how some people are having a hard time with Shokugeki no Soma. I really don't want to know how people will react towards Prison School.

It's a 99% chance that some won't be able to handle it.

HOw so? whats the deal with Prison School? super lewd?

The fact those standard edition blu rays for SAO S1 are still $60 for 6-7 episodes is a god damn travesty. I just ordered Space Dandy S1 on blu ray for $35 and got basically double the episodes.

Some things I will gladly pay that kind of money but not SAO. Not even with Sinon in it (though that makes it harder)

I think i'll be in for Mahouka. I liked it enough.

Same. Best onii chan~

Ema one will be a cutie I bet.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, did you read the source material then? I didn't so I have no clue how it turns out.

There's already 4 chicks that have a sort of affection for the MC in the first episode.

Yeah I read the source. It definitely isn't what I would call a harem series. It focuses more on the development of the main character whose goal is to reach Aiza.

Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 01

Meh. Seems like an alright show and the girls are cute but I dunno if I'll keep watching. Think I'm gonna try and slim down so I can watch more Gintama.

Once you get passed the first 30 episodes of Gintama it will never let you go, and you will be in utter bliss thanks to it.

lonely

How about a quote from the actual LN then?
I don't think I have to say it at this point, but I came to Orario to meet girls in the Dungeon. "-Real men try to make a harem!"
The fucking chapter list is a pull out of some soft core of the goddess's fondling each other.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
How about a quote from the actual LN then?
The fucking chapter list is a pull out of some soft core of the goddess's fondling each other.

Yeah, I mean its easy to pull a random quote and try to frame the story based on that, but the light novels don't focus on any relationships really.

zulux21

Yeah, they live in a world where the gods/goddess's came down to live in. They grant people in their familia gifts which allows them to level up their base stats, and also gain skills etc...

The anime seems to be moving at a fast pace so it should get captivating pretty fast.

yup, I always liked the idea of beet the vandel buster where the world actually worked like an rpg, but alas the show itself wasn't great so I am hoping this one is better.

personally I would love to live in a world like that... oh a new video game is coming out... I am gonna go grind a low level dungeon to get money to buy it :p

Jintor

I guess I'm watching My Husband, Soma and Dungeon this season.

Well more realistically I'll watch them in a marathon next season and watch Shirobako now.

Akame Ga Kill 22

This was a decent filler ending episode but still didn't have the impact it should have. The final battle between Akame and Kurome should not have been interrupted by some rogue danger beast just to show "how great they are working together"... the flash back they had used to tease Akame Ga Kill Zero already did that, nor did they do anything in particular to show how great they were together. Cut that part out and the fight is good though the ending leaves things to be desired. The emotional moment between Tatsumi and Akame at the end is especially jarring after the last episode ended with an emotional moment between Tatsumi and Mine.

I've decided that in the spirit of the new season, I'm going to marathon rewatch gintama starting from episode 3 (Because the 2-part filler special that the show starts on isn't really worth it). Also going to rewatch the second movie after I'm done with the series, because that was also utterly amazing

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'm watching My Husband, Soma and Dungeon this season.

Well more realistically I'll watch them in a marathon next season and watch Shirobako now.
You should check out Ore Monogatari!

Jarmel

Banned
Houston Day 1 Con Writeup
-PV shown. Not much new info, maybe 10 seconds. I think there was a new cut involving Diane and one with Sucy(or Akko can't remember) looking at a flower. One long cut with Akko jumping around with a pillow and feathers flying. Nothing really substantial.
-Yoshinari didn't want to comment on completion percentage. Not close to being done.
-Aiming for a Fall release date for cinemas in Japan.
-Yoshinari working in hotel room. Obviously dead busy.
-Sushio and Nishigori doing key animation for LWA 2 (Nishigori was kinda cagey about it)
-Nishigori did say that he liked drawing the faces for Yoshinari character designs.
-Nishigori joked that he's been doing so much work for Trigger that it's time they repay the favor.
-Animation quality jump for LWA 2 compared with Terminator to Terminator 2 quality
-Yoshinari joked that it shouldn't be too hard to increase the animation quality.
-Murase-Easy for her to slip into Sucy role. More phrases for Sucy to say in the sequel (yay!).
-They are doing VA recordings already to some extent as Murase said it was nostalgic recording after two years.
-More battle scenes and stuff they didn't do in the first episode
-New outfit for Akko, sort of like a cloak (they didn't remember what it's for lol)
-More scenes outside of school (^probably what she wears outside of campus)
-New female character Amanda, female. Inspired by Ryuuko. [I didn't take photos cause I thought this would be in the artbook they were selling at the con. I was wrong.]
-Other new is Constante (sp? not Constantine though). Small female kid, engineer.
-Third new female friend. Big bone woman (thick). She likes to eat. Think Kanako Mimura.
-Yoshinari jokes that he's trying to ride the Big Hero 6 wave (of plus size)
-Background art looks like Kaneko again. Was picture of a park
-World takes place in modern day and they want to expand on that a bit.
-Boat in key visual is a float.
-Sushio wants to draw Sucy the most
-Sushio again doing key art and joked around that he wanted to impress Yoshinari. Yoshinari joked back with essentially 'Good luck with that'.
ihetN46GMLhbg.jpg

From LWA artbook being sold at con
Q&A stuff
-Production for 2nd episode is a bit more laid back with not having to teach new animators
-Koh not doing animation for LWA2. Big brother is scary.
-Some insane fangirl essentially asking how to join Trigger
-Someone asked what they thought of Shirobako and one of them replied that Shirobako didn't pick up on the 'darker side'.
Favorite Anime
Nishigori- Nadia and why he went into Gainax
Sushio- Kill La Kill (lol)
Murase- Childhood anime lies with Sailor Moon
Yoshinari- Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise (I actually helped out a bit and yelled out the english name Royal Space Force).
Wakabayashi- Toy Story

I've decided that in the spirit of the new season, I'm going to marathon rewatch gintama starting from episode 3 (Because the 2-part filler special that the show starts on isn't really worth it). Also going to rewatch the second movie after I'm done with the series, because that was also utterly amazing

Im going to resume my watch of gintama, maybe ill be caught up by 2016 :( I need to stop adding old shows to my weekly watch list, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, Gundam Seed Destiny BD remaster, Gintama. I guess I last watched Gintama 29, that seems to be the last time I posted about it.

Crocodile

Death Parade 7 Dub

This show is very weird, one scene will be very well written and thought provoking, the next poorly written and clumsy betraying the internal logic of the series. This episode seems to be the highlight of this fact

The episode starts with old guy basically saying that "Arbiters can't have emotions for what does a doll need emotions for" and yet though this whole series Nona, Quin, and Ginti have shown a wide range of emotions from the second they first appeared on screen. Ginti in particular experiences anger, frustration, impatience, joy, and elation to name a few. The arbiter who's closes to not having any emotion is Decim... the character the series is trying to "give human emotions" in secret.

The next issue the series has is with the concept that arbiters dump the memories of their old guests so as to remain machine like in their judgements and the series goes out of it's way to establish how unlike humans arbiters are. Yet without any human emotion or idea of what it's like to be human they're suppose to judge people based upon their memories leading up to death and how they act in the various trials. How can an arbiter even gain experience doing their job if their memories of the people they judge get flushed away? What good is discovering the deepest parts of a human's personality if they don't have the emotional or human backing to understand what makes a decent human worthy of being reincarnated and what makes a bad human meant for the void?

Perhaps the show will answer some of these questions, and perhaps trying to find the answers is the point of the series, but that's not the way the series is presenting itself. When the way the characters are explained to act and the way they act are completely different it takes me out of the series. Death Parade should have just been a vignette show with no over arching plot outside of the general structure of two dead people come to quindecim, play game as they regain their memories of death, then get judged for it. Trying to have this meta plot really distracts from the series as it's generally the worst part.

A good chunk of your questions get answered over the course of the last 5 episodes. Just watch the sub and finish off the series - you can rewatch the dub later as it comes out.

I will agree that "no emotions" is not the best word choice but they do elaborate on what they mean.

Kurokan Episode 2 - Split
CBtT4KcWgAAPHLk.jpg

Some of the most mundane things can become dramatic when you keep putting scenes one on top of each other on the background or just leaven one side of the screen with the same image and keep putting different characters scenes on the next. In any case, entertaining episode to handle the ace and also the coaches decisions.

javac

The LWA2 Blu-ray is being sent out this month right? I remember when I backed that thing, thinking 2015 was a long time away, time sure flies.

EDIT: Maybe not...whatever.

Akame Ga Kill 23

So what the hell was Esdeath doing while Tatsumi and co were all fighting the giant mech emperor? Like how is the most important character on the villains side completely forgotten until the final scene of the episode? At least they bothered to show Akame fighting some nameless mooks. Man this filler ending is weak :|

A good chunk of your questions get answered over the course of the last 5 episodes. Just watch the sub and finish off the series - you can rewatch the dub later as it comes out.

I will agree that "no emotions" is not the best word choice but they do elaborate on what they mean.

I'll just wait for the simuldub to finish, and I don't love the series enough to want to watch the last 5 episodes subbed then rewatch them dubbed. I'll just wait for the rest of the dub episodes to come out weekly and finish the series the way I've mostly watched it.

CDiggity

Favorite Anime
Nishigori- Nadia and why he went into Gainax
Sushio- Kill La Kill (lol)
Murase- Childhood anime lies with Sailor Moon
Yoshinari- Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise (I actually helped out a bit and yelled out the english name Royal Space Force).
Wakabayashi- Toy Story

Toy Story is anime confirmed.

Fafner Exodus Episode 13

Hope the second half gets announced soon, no way it would just conclude like that.
since the Azrael type is still there, and the old ladies plan is still yet to be detailed

Fantastic episode especially when the song from angela came on. Canon got a good power, and I really enjoyed Sakura's, they could have an unlimited army assuming she doesnt have to give anything up like the others.

I'm giving into the hype and start watching Cross Ange...

Can't flipping wait for Nisekoi season 2, #TeamOnodera the first romance is the realist!

Ventara

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Episodes 1-3

This show is pretty great. I love the weird chunibyo antics that Rikka and the new twin-tailed girl bring to the show. Some of it is cringe-worthy (in a good way), while some are just lol (like Rikka trying to convince a teacher that a French spirit who is currently possessing her will be a 5th club member, only to not be able to speak French). Their delusional battles are nice as well. Anyways, the anime has good visuals and music, and likeable characters all around. Kumin may be best girl, and Rikka's sister is hot.

Akame Ga Kill 24

Well at least the final battle between Akame and Esdeath was exciting, that's probably the only positive thing I can say about this final episode.

In a bubble the first 18 episodes of Akame Ga Kill are a fantastic adaptation of a great manga, those final 5-6 episodes when gecko ending creeps in and ruins everything really hurts though. I still recommend the manga to anyone who enjoys a good shonen fight series, though like Soul Eater it's anime will be best known for "well use it as a spring board to then check out the manga" which is always a shame.

SCChappy

Banned
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Episodes 1-3

This show is pretty great. I love the weird chunibyo antics that Rikka and the new twin-tailed girl bring to the show. Some of it is cringe-worthy (in a good way), while some are just lol (like Rikka trying to convince a teacher that a French spirit who is currently possessing her will be a 5th club member, only to not be able to speak French). They're delusional battles are nice as well. Anyways, the anime has good visuals and music, and likeable characters all around. Kumin may be best girl, and Rikka's sister is hot.

I wish I could just erase my knowledge of this show and start it again. I enjoyed it when I first watched it but can't make it through an episode when I try to rewatch it. It sucks because I want to like it but don't.

So is like nobody gonna license Rinne or did I miss the announcement? It's supposed to air in Japan in a few hours I really can't fathom why nobody would license it for a simulcast. You'd think the spiritual sequel anime from the creator of InuYasha would get someone interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom