• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

At least I watched knowing what to expect. Suggesting to others not in the know does come off as trollish.

That's where The List works out. One can point to it for shows like that which may or may not be worth a watch without divulging what's off-kilter about whatever made the show weird enough to be placed upon it.

javac

I just Googled the ending of that School Days anime, lol what a pile. What a stupid show.. Yeah no shit trying to pass that off as an introductory anime, or genuine recommendation is bannable. Wasted like 30 seconds of my life *shakes head*

That's where The List works out. One can point to it for shows like that which may or may not be worth a watch without divulging what's off-kilter about whatever made the show weird enough to be placed upon it.

If only Theonik would get off his ass and update it!

More information about the School Days ban:

Remember when you were young?
You shined like the sun.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE ON YOU NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE BOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT~

You guys have made me want to watch Gintama. STOP, it's too big.
Hey do what I did. Pick it up as a meal show. Eating lunch by yourself? Watch it with an episode of Gintama. Dinner? Same.

I just Googled the ending of that School Days anime, lol what a pile. What a stupid show.. Yeah no shit trying to pass that off as an introductory anime, or genuine recommendation is bannable. Wasted like 30 seconds of my life *shakes head*

I mean you could technically watch the ending of many things and out of context it would seem like shit. Just imagine watching the ending of Sixth Sense. "2 hours of a film just for this? What a waste"

Thing about it though is that I feel like I'll be missing a lot since I'm not a super anime person, and Gintama does a lot of references and some very heavy japanese stuff. But perhaps not.

Eh dont worry about it. The japanese-only references are heavy in the beginning, but they appear less and less as time goes on. As to anime references it is usually a really obvious one like Dragon Ball Z.

Soma 1

Looks like they went even more ridiculous with the reactions. That's enough to get me to stick with this.

Wonder if they'll get past the point I dropped the series at.

Narag

I mean you could technically watch the ending of many things and out of context it would seem like shit. Just imagine watching the ending of Sixth Sense. "2 hours of a film just for this? What a waste"

Easier to just read the wikipedia plot summary tbh. That way you experience the entire work.

javac

But I understand the context, I actually read up on it and didn't watch anything, so sorry if it came cross as otherwise. I'ts just stupid. In any case, I won't mention the show any further.

But I understand the context, I actually read up on it and didn't watch anything, so sorry if it came cross as otherwise. I'ts just stupid. In any case, I won't mention the show any further.

I won't press on, but judging a show based off a quick plot synopsis and the ending clip isn't really getting it. I can read the wikipedia entry of a novel series and while I might be able to get the big picture the little details won't matter.

Regardless, School Days is not the work I'm going to tell people to give a chance to lol

Thing about it though is that I feel like I'll be missing a lot since I'm not a super anime person, and Gintama does a lot of references and some very heavy japanese stuff. But perhaps not.

You miss out on some references (and man, Gintama can pull out some incredibly obscure Japanese entertainment references), but they're rarely vital to appreciating the show.

Squishy3

The Crunchyroll subs at least have notes for most of the references, so they have you covered there.

Sterok

I thought School Days was amusing. You just have to go into it with the proper mindset.

Fate/Zero 9

Diarmuid always was a player. Kayneth may be out, but at least he understands his Servant. Now what is Sola's goal, and how badly does she want to bang Diarmuid? Kiritsugu really doesn't care about rules. Rider moves into the home he was already living in. Waver proves to have some use. And it occurs to me that he's the closest thing to a good Master in this war. He at least had an appropriate reaction to what Caster did. Assassin really needs to know when to hold back. For a dead person they sure know how to stick their necks out too far. Tokiomi is kind of boring. He hasn't actually done anything.

Squishy3

Well he will get what they're referencing to, but he won't laugh lol
Yeah, but at the same time there's enough standalone gags to help carry the show still, or some that are references that still feel proper in the context of the episode.

Okay... I'll give it a try once I finish some stuff I'm putting off.
Yeah, no rush, new season can always wait. :p The beginning of the series is definitely hit or miss on a lot of the episodes, though, so it might not grab you fully.

Acid08

Banned
Nisemonogatari 8

black-guy-its-not-jackie-chan-o.gif

Sterok

Fate/Zero 10

Time for top tsundere. Rin really is the best. She gets all the ladies. Tokiomi is kind of a nice dad. Almost makes one forget what he did to Sakura. Now here's something that affects Rin directly. Though if she can take Uryuu on, one of the Assassins should've been able to take him out silently. Kariya still lives. For the moment. Rin will grow up well. Kirei should be keeping a close eye on her. Overall, a fairly lighthearted episode. Which is an odd thing to say seeing how it features a little girl taking on a serial killer.

Shirobako 16

I think I've been spoiled by Mushishi's painting like backgrounds but the scene in the park was just ugly to look at. The harsh colors clashed and didn't feel peaceful at all. Otherwise a fantastic episode. Goth Loli-sama's shedding of her past self into her new armor was subtle and well done. It was nice to see some restraint by the animator's as they could have gone much further than removing megane. Calisthenic scene was probably the best scene in the whole series so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom