• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I absolutely loved Bake. Nise just took all the style and forgot to craft a good show around it.

Nise's definitely not great, but things will improve once you get to Second Season. One of the arcs in it, Koimonogatari, is probably my favorite in the whole series. Better episodes are ahead! You just need to get through Nise first.

jman2050

Nisemonogatari 8

black-guy-its-not-jackie-chan-o.gif

Yeah that just about covers it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Updates on Commissions:

Fancy-Poster Gaf Commision #1 Special (Presented by firehawk12): Akari & Aria by Jasmin Darnell

Hand-numbered, limited edition 8"x10" giclee. Paper is still to be determined. Estimated at around $18 + shipping. Printed by either Giclee Today or Disney Fine Art/Collector's Edition.

Scan248_zps19a0a0ab.jpg

some adjustments will be made per suggestion of firehawk. then will go into coloring.
Okay, after a long wait, this is as ready as it will be. So here is what the poster will look like:
unnamed_zps4c59f986.jpg

Here is a list of people who said they were interested at the time, and I'll be PMing them to see if they are still interested given the long time since the commission was started, but if anyone else is interested please let me know and I'll pass on the final numbers to Mockingbird for printing.
1. firehawk12
2. darkblade77
3. cajunator
4. Mr.Jeff
5. Mockingbird
6. Haly
7. AmethystEnd
8. umbra
9. ZachDeKoromaru
10. Lambtron
11. Chariot
12. MikeHattsu
13. Theonik
14. wonzo
15. SDBurton
16. Mokoi
17. Scrooge McDuck
18. omlet
19. Kurt (who is not on GAF).
20. phoenix296

Thanks Mockingbird for your patience and time on this!

Also, I am still aware of my watchbet obligations and hope to get back to them sooner rather than later, time permitting. I didn't expect my limited anime time to get caught in a spiral of hatewatching Saekano and following the insanity of boat girls going through puberty.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What's wrong with recommending School Days? It's one of those shows that's useful to know about since it's often spoken of. That's what motivated me to check it out. Making it bannable just makes it more notorious than it really is which will lead to more people checking it out out of curiosity. Also rules made in one thread but are then not added to the rules thread don't sit right with me.

Phatmac

I'll give anyone a badge of honor if they managed to get through the VN of chaos;head cause holy shit is the mc the worst NEET otaku filth that I had the mispleasure of playing as.

cj_iwakura

I'll give anyone a badge of honor if they managed to get through the VN of chaos;head cause holy shit is the mc the worst NEET otaku filth that I had the mispleasure of playing as.

I plan to eventually, if only because of how bad I've heard the anime is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's wrong with recommending School Days? It's one of those shows that's useful to know about since it's often spoken of. That's what motivated me to check it out. Making it bannable just makes it more notorious than it really is which will lead to more people checking it out out of curiosity. Also rules made in one thread but are then not added to the rules thread don't sit right with me.
I think the problem is if you are recommending it under false pretenses.

zulux21

I plan to eventually, if only because of how bad I've heard the anime is.

Mars of destruction was a lot more enjoyable than the Chaos head anime :/

that being said the chrono trigger OVA is still worse than both of them.

I did a mystery science like thing with anime for a bit, mars was easy to do it with... we watched the chrono trigger one like 5 times and we couldn't really come up with much... it was just so bad it made us sad to watch it @_@

I wouldn't say it's crap. In fact, it's an excellent deconstruction of harems.

High School DxD BorN - 01
Having read the novels, I'm impressed just how much they packed into a single episode without feeling overwhelming. This is because the anime is packing 3 light novel volumes into a 12-episode season. The only thing that could have made it better were the more risque scenes including
Akeno nearly pulling Issei's hand up to her nether regions
and
Azazel launching Issei into the girls bath where his "punishment" is (almost) all the girls giving him a marshmallow hell - giving him a full frontal boob assault until his nose bleeds.
I was most impressed that they didn't feature any clothing damage during their fight scene, a far cry from Seasons 1 and 2.

In just a single episode, it kicked the ever loving shit out of all 12 episodes of Winter's Testament of Sister New Devil.

Cornbread78

banning for school days rec? how am I ever going to pass the torch on that ploy now? Damn...

BTW, the series does have its merits and it great context to refer to..

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere ep. 6-11

It's starating to make a little sense now, but there is so much going on with little back information on the world's rules, laws, and SOP. The new king loves the boonies and is a complete moron, but, I'm guessing some of that is a ruse... Good action sequence starting to heat up, gotta love them
lesbian witches kissing while falling
just like Cross Ange..

Thoraxes

Okay, after a long wait, this is as ready as it will be. So here is what the poster will look like:
unnamed_zps4c59f986.jpg

Here is a list of people who said they were interested at the time, and I'll be PMing them to see if they are still interested given the long time since the commission was started, but if anyone else is interested please let me know and I'll pass on the final numbers to Mockingbird for printing.

Thanks Mockingbird for your patience and time on this!

Also, I am still aware of my watchbet obligations and hope to get back to them sooner rather than later, time permitting. I didn't expect my limited anime time to get caught in a spiral of hatewatching Saekano and following the insanity of boat girls going through puberty.
Still waiting on my Golden Time one!

cajunator

Banned
Lies. Anime never dies. It is forever undead being saved and dying at the same time.

This is truth. Anime always finds ways to remain relevant. Good studios dont just go away.

No one hates their hobby quite like anime fans do.

I dont think thats true.
Especially compared to gaming.

I think I'm gonna try K-On finally.

Also I was just about to start Kuroko no Basuke season 3 when I thought of something...

Is terms like Generation of Miracles or even in Yowamushi Pedal God of the Mountains something that people actually refer themselves to in Japan?

I mean I've heard of nicknames but some of these seem kinda nuts.

Yes try K-on! Its worth your time.

That reminds me, I need to add this to my Top OST list.

Sora No woto is one of my top OST's. So much whimsical beautiful orchestral goodness!

What happened to MetroidPrimeRib?

EDIT: Ah. Recommended School Days to someone I see.

Thats a dangerous game and should be relegated to anime threads only.

cajunator

Banned
Damn Metroid got banned. Who would of thought School Days could be this dangerous.

Man if you thought this was a great episode your gonna definitely have a blast from here on out.

Just wait till you get to the Ghost arc because goddamn did it make me laugh nonstop.

You mess with fire...

More information about the School Days ban:

Real talk though, I actually do recommend the show legitimately, however I dont just foist it upon anyone. They have to be at least open to it.
How many of yall actually bought the School Days DVDs?

Nisemonogatari 8

black-guy-its-not-jackie-chan-o.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Sora no Woto 2

Realest look at child soldiers since Now and Then, Here and There

Noel is the most adorable soldier ever.
Another show putting kids through military hell was Saikano.
NTHT is pretty rough though. Holy shit.

Jex

Maybe so, I have to say that I'm surprised that my past posts and content I've digested previously have carved an identity of sorts. I wonder what it looks like hah. Could be misleading. In any case, I guess I'm just really stubborn because I never really turn back on my word, even when its something as trivial as deciding whether or not I watch an animated show in my spare time. I've always made snapshot judgments on things and I'm sure I misjudge many things, but I'm always content with my decision. I'm watching some good old early 80's shows at the moment, and I'm happy with how that's turning out.
I mean, when it comes to anime, I feel like making snap judgements based on a shows appearance is usually a good idea. Most works telegraph their content pretty heavily based on their art/stetting/designs so I can understand using that as a way to decide what you're going to watch.

Jex

So troll recs for School Days are on the list of officially banned things? Weird, but understandable to some extent I suppose.

Kusano123

Neo Member
Plastic Memories

Well that was depressing as fuck

"Pshawww, this contrived sappy nonsense ain't gonna make me cry........"

"GOD DAMNIT WHY ARE LOLI TEARS SO CONTAGIOUS!? T_T"

Unfair, they were playing dirty for using a loli and choosing a VA that made such a convincing emotional performance.

Quasar

With the Nagato show starting I finally got around to seeing The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Enjoyed it, it it was a bit of a slow starter. Looked great certainly. Of course I do wonder if the dim memories of the show impacted my enjoyment, after all the movie does intersect with various scenes of the show that I only dimly remembered.

I also wonder how it relates to the books. Were all the novels turned into anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom