• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Show By Rock-1

10-looking-around-suspicious.gif

This is a cartoon I would see on Cartoon Network after school. I want to say I have no clue who the target audience is, as there are S&M jokes, but I do. Um congrats cajun.

CG was nice I guess.

Argevollen 24

So things to resolved... I guess?

Main villain got shot in the head, gut in charge of company helping both sides got shot in the head, all the USR's and the u-link system was shut down, and the war came to an end.

So what wasn't resolved?

The main blue army guy who we've followed at times though the season had no point at the end outside of giving this series a SEQUEL HOOK....

The main leads never had any kind of relationship be confirmed despite an infinite amount of teasing

The main group never got any resolution with the captain guy, he lives and is now working for blue army as an ambassador

The evil government group that company was helping to fund never got brought up in the finale

Main rival who showed up in the finale to have his final battle with Argevollen never got his final battle with Argevollen... in fact he didn't do anything at all in the finale

This is a bad series and not even in the so terrible it's hilarious way like Cross Ange or Valvrave, this is just a fucking boring series that runs the gambit of mech anime cliches and tropes without having a single original idea or any thought with where it wanted things to go.

If mech anime were pizzas then Argevollen is just a pile of dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings thrown together into a bowl, cooked till it was edible, and served as "pizza". You can eat it I guess and you'll get little tastes of what could/would be good ideas if they were focused on... instead we just get blah.

Quasar

High school Dxd Born - 01

Goddamn... they are actually rewritting 5 books worth of material in order for this stuff to fit in a season that can normally support only 2...

Added flashback , changes in location, changes in behavior, added forshadowing , cutting all the fluff . am i supposed to believe , that they 'll be able to cover Everything that is from those books aside from the kyoto arc ?

Considering the original author of the book was helping , i'm not that worried but still what a mess ! Subplots that should have started in the middle of this season are already present and now i'm very confused by how they will use everything.
I mean , there are points that are very important for many characters that you really can't skip.

i'm really worried after all ..

Damn , everything is messed up... it's still an awesome show but ..but /...BUT !!!!

This anime.. i really want the next episode.

They certainly do look like they are going to compress a lot of material this time. And in the end my reaction was that aside from getting more Akeno on screen, I'd prefer to be reading the next book. Which I find hilarious...I mean its a breast show and I'm more interested in the continuing book plot.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere ep. 11-12

Much better, the "rules" still make no sense, but the story is getting better and better. Tori is a horny goof-ball, but man, he is smart and witty when he needs to be. They could have made the scene
when he finally gets to Horizon and breaks the seal to grab her a real mushy scene, they are in fact on level footing eith relationship and status now
but they stayed true to the format and still made it good. Let's see what happens next since this is getting better...

I really loved both parts of Toori's confession. His
inadvertent declaration of world domination against every single religion, faction, race, and person, and then his pseudo-debate against a seemingly emotionless robot to convince the human side of it to admit wanting to live
were both so fitting for the kind of character he is.

Sterok

Fate/Zero 15

Once again Rider has to do all the hard work. Kariya sucks at this killing thing. Irisviel has a phone without knowing how to use it? Good thing Waver is here to save the day. Lancer continues to be super-bro. Along with almost forfeiting the war. Berserker beats Archer this time. Yet Lancer took out the plane so easily. Did Kirei find his pleasure? Saber finally proves her worth.
So long Caster. He won't be missed. Archer and Rider follow the same train of thought, but come to different conclusions regarding Saber.

Cornbread78

I really loved both parts of Toori's confession. His
inadvertent declaration of world domination against every single religion, faction, race, and person, and then his pseudo-debate against a seemingly emotionless robot to convince the human side of it to admit wanting to live
were both so fitting for the kind of character he is.

I laughed at that point, it stayed true to nature with his character of being a moron, but was their truth in it? In regards to Horizon, there was just the right amount of heart in that scene overall, without going overboard. I mean, he grabbed
her boob to go through the seal
I'll have to watch the next episode in a couple hours to see what happens next.

trejo

Sup animuGAF, I think I'd like to start watching anime again so if anyone would be so kind as to tell me where to deposit my hype for this season I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

They certainly do look like they are going to compress a lot of material this time. And in the end my reaction was that aside from getting more Akeno on screen, I'd prefer to be reading the next book. Which I find hilarious...I mean its a breast show and I'm more interested in the continuing book plot.

Indeed, i'm very intrested in what happens next in the books , because there is so much going on. The book plot is incredible

About the anime , i wonder how they will adapt everything .. i mean :
big highschool dxd spoilers
they are already talking about raynare curse , but the only way for it to make sense is that they use it , like in the book , in the match against sairaog. BUT
-Instead of going to the gremory residence , we got sentences regarding the metting of the other high powers and that means loki .. but that also means akeno father ?? Ok maybe we can keep that out of the anime ... but then again how will they get roseweisse ? This is probably the trick , but before that , we need :
-The 6 big super rookies meeting
-Kuroka entrance and attack ??
-The sitri match ( they can skip this one but saji was talking about getting stronger, so they can include it somehow but i'm not really sure about that )
-The second rookie rating game ( and the reveals about asia ) , again they teased this , so it'll happen.
^^^this is good because that means that the dragon song is a GO ! but then how the heck do you make enough space for the finale ??

This season is going to be nuts. they have 3 members problems to take care of ( and they need too ) while finding various escuse to not mess with the other events , i mean , fenrir ?? saji training ?
The only way this is even remotely possible is that they cut kyoto, remove the rating games battle and put something else in it's place and even then it's gonna be close.

Plastic Memories 1
Pretty good start though that last scene completely conflicted with the episode's mood. Hopefully they can maintain the episode's main mood

Re-Kan 1
A fairly cute show. Seems like a nice relaxing anime

Gunslinger Stratos 1

Pretty enjoyable episode, even if it was an introduction to the story. I also loved the way the food was served. Anyways since this is adapted from a game which looks fun, I hope it turns out well.

The Opening and Ending were really great, plus I really love Grandelia.

Sterok

Fate/Zero 16

Looks like Kayneth still wants part in the war that stripped him of magic. So much for Sola being a threat.
Kirei has lost his father. Welp, that's probably going to cause some major consequences.
Kayneth needs to stop being a dick to Lancer's face. It doesn't do him any good. About time Saber and Lancer tried to kill each other again. So Kayneth really does care for Sola.
And Lancer goes down in a very un-bro way. Sucks to be a bro. Kayneth and Sola never had a chance. The Emiya family really is unlikeable. Too bad Waver doesn't have a chance of winning.

I'd watch this Show by Rock! thing to see what all the fuss is about, but I don't exactly want to subscribe to Funimation when I'm already subscribed to Crunchyroll, you see.

Speaking of Crunchyroll, quote this message for three wonderful guest passes, if anyone wants any.

Link Man

Banned
I'd watch this Show by Rock! thing to see what all the fuss is about, but I don't exactly want to subscribe to Funimation when I'm already subscribed to Crunchyroll, you see.

Speaking of Crunchyroll, quote this message for three wonderful guest passes, if anyone wants any.

Should show up on Hulu next week (with ads/lower quality, of course).

DanMachi 1

This was also a pretty enjoyable episode. I guess the series is supposed to be about a fantasy world rather than a stuck in a MMO premise. Anyways Goddess is such an awesome character with her smug and energetic personality.

Sterok

Fate/Zero 17

Tokiomi seems sadder than Kirei over that death. Archer really wants Kirei to be a bad person. Rin has her future goal. Alliance time? Vaguely. Surprised Rider is seen as so dangerous. He's tough, but Archer should be able to take him. Irisviel really is wasting away. Kirei really wants to bang Kiritsugu. They still haven't met after all this time. Archer is tired of the boring guy. Ahh, Tokiomi really does trust Kirei. He even entrusts his precious daughter to him. I'm sure Rin will be grateful for that.
Tokiomi probably didn't take too long to regret it. I guess this is where Kirei truly becomes a villain. And it's all Gilgamesh's fault.

Cornbread78

Grabbed #3, thank you good sir. The one someone gave me the other day got sniped from me, lol..

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Nanoha Vivid 1

Finally sometime is translating this. I am just happy I got to see nanoha again, since it was my first and favorite magical girl show.

Good:
-nanoha is back!!!! This is better than k-on season 3.
-the show being a magical girl MMA tournament.
-NANOHA

Some bad:
-The 30 seconds transformation sequence is bad taste and completely unnecessary.
-the nanoha force's cast, I had to Google to remember who they are.
-the manga is still ongoing with multiple hiatus, so don't expect a full conclusion from this show.
-Fate and Nanoha will forever remain as 'friend'. Even though they both adopted a daughter. I don't know why the writer is so scare of same-sex marriage.

zulux21

Baby Steps 2 1:

Yeah, this is more Baby Steps alright. The debut of the second season doesn't miss a beat, continuing on from the momentum the first season had, and putting Eichiro in a new setting that can bring out some new abilities of his. I continue to really like the authentic and technical take the series has on the sport, and I really enjoyed seeing them show all of the ways the academy helps to develop players, showing things like using video to let players analyze their strokes and form later on, the heavily controlled dieting, and more. Compared to most other sports manga and anime, this series feels much more authentic in the way it examines the sort of training needed for a player to reach a high level.

This is one show from this season that I have pretty much no worries about. I know what I can expect week in and week out.

I agree, it's a very nice return to form. It always makes me sad that an intelligent sports show like this constantly loses to stuff like ace of diamond and the volleyball anime. Though it just goes to show the standard cliche moronic main characters that are just gonna try hard with no focus and will be amazing someday is a cliche for a reason as there is apparently very limited appeal for a character who tries hard and is smart enough to figure out what he has to focus on and use his intelligence as a weapon.

note: I still watch ace of diamond and didn't hate the volleyball anime, just vastly prefer baby steps.

Seraph of the End 01

Someone said this show is like a combination of Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist, and after seeing the first episode I can see what they are talking about. I hope I end up liking this more than either of those two shows.

Seraph of the End 01

Someone said this show is like a combination of Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist, and after seeing the first episode I can see what they are talking about. I hope I end up liking this more than either of those two shows.

I don't want to destroy your hope but Attack on Titan and Blue Exorcist are far superior than Seraph.

Defuser

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan ep 1
*Opening shows the school*

FUCK!! FUCK!! FUCK!!

I really take KyoAni's detailed and meticulous background design and animation for granted even though if this show is a spin off by Satelight.

If may look like the school or even Nagato's Room but it still doesn't feel the same.

Even Sugita's famous internal dialogue doesn't fit well in.

Sterok

Fate/Zero 18

Kiritsugu backstory. Still don't really care for the guy. Shirley is nice. Dumb, but nice. Quick responders everyone. The entire Emiya family really is unlikeable.
Kiritsugu is really calm for someone who just killed his father. Hard to see him being a good one to Illya or Shirou.

Fate/Zero 19

Natalia is way too nice for a hired killer. Kiritsugu is super messed up.
Once the plane was brought up, it was obvious how this was going to end.
This does explain where he came from, but I still don't care much for Kiritsugu. He's just not very likeable. Even Kirei is more entertaining to watch.

Arslan Senki 1

Aside from the CGI the episode was really fuckin good. This probably the first show I've watched so far that's got me sucked in. Just loving the tale of a young man's journey. I hope it provides an adventurous side with the MC Arslan traveling and learning about new things. Please let this series turn out great.

The Ending is sooooo good. I really love the art and the song is brilliant. Anyways this anime is one of my top favorites of the Spring Season.

jbug617

Banned
Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! OVA 2

Cool start.
The mother and father return 4yrs later as ghosts to check up on the family. We get to see how the girls and Yuuta are doing. Finds out the older girl is getting married. I was wondering who she is going to marry. Turns out it's Yuuta aka her Uncle

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sterok

Fate/Zero 20

Pity that Irisviel is fading like this. She's cool. Waver and Rider do care for each other. Waver is the only one whose fate I'm not sure will be. So in that sense he's one of the more interesting characters. Kariya remembers that Zouken is still super-dick. Maiya the child soldier. That does kind of suck. Both women are loyal to Kiritsugu to a fault.
Rider is the one who does Maiya in? Dude lost a few cool points for that. Yeah she's a cold killer, but she mostly avoided being a dick.

Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! OVA 2

Best Girl Wins, What!
Parents are dad, pretty sad but good heartwarming end

Tuck

Gunslinger Stratos 1
So the setup was pretty terrible. Opened with some needless though thankfully short inner-monolouging that amounted to absolutely zero meaningful information about the main character. Then moved on to some poorly done exposition setting up the time period and setting of the show. Pretty lazy. By this point, I basically hate the main character. Lacks personality - basically a copy-paste lazily done character from any other recent show featuring high school students. Speaking of which, fucking high school students.

So, by the end of the first half, I was ready to call it. But the second half was surprisingly good. Probably because the characters weren't really talking, and it was mostly action. Not great action, but decent enough. And the little twist at the end - well, its got me intrigued.

Not sure if I'll be back for more. I guess I could stand to give it an episode or two, but I can already tell this writer likes his exposition/internal monologuing and the characters aren't looking so hot already, so it may not be worth it.

Chronoexe

Indeed, i'm very intrested in what happens next in the books , because there is so much going on. The book plot is incredible

About the anime , i wonder how they will adapt everything .. i mean :
big highschool dxd spoilers
they are already talking about raynare curse , but the only way for it to make sense is that they use it , like in the book , in the match against sairaog. BUT
-Instead of going to the gremory residence , we got sentences regarding the metting of the other high powers and that means loki .. but that also means akeno father ?? Ok maybe we can keep that out of the anime ... but then again how will they get roseweisse ? This is probably the trick , but before that , we need :
-The 6 big super rookies meeting
-Kuroka entrance and attack ??
-The sitri match ( they can skip this one but saji was talking about getting stronger, so they can include it somehow but i'm not really sure about that )
-The second rookie rating game ( and the reveals about asia ) , again they teased this , so it'll happen.
^^^this is good because that means that the dragon song is a GO ! but then how the heck do you make enough space for the finale ??

This season is going to be nuts. they have 3 members problems to take care of ( and they need too ) while finding various escuse to not mess with the other events , i mean , fenrir ?? saji training ?
The only way this is even remotely possible is that they cut kyoto, remove the rating games battle and put something else in it's place and even then it's gonna be close.

This is insane, just watching the OP blew my mind we need at least 24 chapters to cover all this, but i'm curious of how it going to end.

And anime Xenovia is back <3

Sterok

Fate/Zero 21

So it wasn't Rider. That didn't feel like his style. Saber is a crazy driver. Kariya and Kirei is an awkward alliance. Kirei and Zouken. The two baddest of the bads in the Fate universe together. Well maybe Caster is as bad, but he was always sort of pathetic. Saber has no time for these fools. Waver is really left in an awkward position as the outsider in this whole fiasco. No one wants him to win, but no one really cares much about him either. Kariya has gone full crazy. Surprised it took him so long. Sucks for Rin. Kirei is good at this stuff.

High School DxD Born 1

F3K9Ks5.jpg

Only in anime.

Not gonna lie, it is refreshing to see a harem protag not jump on all the opportunities for legitimate psychological reasons beyond being dense. Should have been introduced much earlier though.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 01

I originally thought this show would be pretty backgrounds and nothing more, and I am so happy to be proven wrong. The sakuga has got me hooked so far with its great sense of momentum. Hopefully it doesn't turn into the other show with a sakuga-filled first episode from last season.

The weird as fuck city is the main draw for me. Seeing a familiar setting like a major city mixed in with weirdness reminds me a lot of Transmetropolitan, and anything that reminds me of that is A-OK in my book.

Also love me some hammy as fuck bad guys so that's another plus from me.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Dog Days 01

Okay, this isn't what I expected. I was expecting a blood furry game of thrones.

Even though the whole concept is dumb, it is really entertaining.

For some reason the writer really like to use purple eye for the main character in all his shows.

Tuck

Plastic Memories - 1
Pretty good. I like the concept. The show has personality. There was a bit of needless exposition here and there but it was mostly solid. Except for Isla.

That fucking monotone voice. I can't fucking stand it. Every damn anime. Its like a disease.

Thankfully, Isla did show some emotion and had a few genuinely funny moments here and there. But it sucks that in a cast with a lot of personality all around, they just had to include a deadpan character.

Anyways, eager to see where they go from here. I guess its gonna be pretty episodic?

Owari Seraphs 1

Edgy. I like this, though I wish it remained a struggle of kids against vampires with the odds strongly stacked against the former instead of what the ending implies the series will turn into.

Saudades

One of the show's shortcoming is the fact that they leave out info since they figured that most people watching it have played the game beforehand considering this show was made due to fan outcry over the movie being too short. I'll try to explain most of your complaints as a fan of the game and type moon in general. 1. The way they treat saber is easily my least favorite part of UBW. It comes out of nowhere with caster and is frankly gross. I would've liked a harsh way to portray saber being at her weakest since she's always been the strongest in all fate adaptations. I won't forgive these scenes as I hate them as well. Rin and Shirou's relationship is treated poorly as their is an important flashback that I don't think is shown which involves Shirou trying to grab a high beam after school but failing to do so over and over. Rin sees it as a fond memory of Shirou trying to achieve something even though he isn't strong enough to do so. Rin's been lonely for most of her life so being able to be friends and lovers with someone she admires is a big thing in the game and it hasn't been treated well.
Ofc they are trying to please the fanbase with this adaption, whatwith all the fanservice extra scenes they're putting in and doing everything close to a T to the VN.
I think that
high beam thing would be saved for the HF movie. It's almost a meme how many girls in TM-verse saw Shirou's high beam jump and fell for his dick.
Fate/Zero 14

Caster is way tougher than he has the right to be. Tokiomi has a magic plane. Why doesn't Rin have her own plane?
It's Archer's plane, not Tokiomi's. I thought the golden bling bling of it would be a dead giveaway.
Fate/Zero 15

Berserker beats Archer this time. Yet Lancer took out the plane so easily. [/SPOILER]
Wasn't it establish earlier that Lancer is Berserker's bane? Or was it from the novel?
Lancer's red spear can de-magic everything it touches, including Berserker's magic controlling the plane.
Not surprising since he's tied with Kariya for the best character in Zero.

I thought that was Kirei and Rider.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh it stays that way throughout? I was actually concerned I'd get buried under an infodump later.
There is no infodump snail to ruin the show. lol

--

Quickie impressions:
Herro Kiniro Mosaic!
The Engrish is back and it is glorious.

The Disappearance of Nagato
I suppose I can see the complaints about the characters essentially losing their "edge" from the original franchise, but I've always maintained that Nagato is the real heroine of the story, so I'm willing to embrace the premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom