• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This event happens much later in the manga, and wouldnt have made it into the first season otherwise. It does feel like it was awkwardly placed but it was important for the viewer to see how capable Soo Won really is as a king.

That does explain why it feels so off timing wise, I'll assume it was thrown in here to help space things out so that Yona's story get end this season at a good spot.

Yea I doubt it'll ever go full Nozaki-kun as the characters don't seem comedic like that.

I'm expecting the girl to have a crush on him and they get together or whatever. However the 'cool' friend starts to get jealous and actually wants to compete for the girl, since this is his first time being in love. Thus starting a reversal of their prior situations.

I really want to give you hints as to why I love the show. But fuck it, you can learn why it's so beloved by yourself.

Cornbread78

Yona of the Dawn 16
We discover everything about Soo-Won's visit to the Earth clan was exactly as keikaku to get the Earth clan's trust for his upcoming ambitions. While these two episodes were fun this felt like the wrong time in the series to shift focus to Soo-won when Yona does not have her full team yet.

Really good 1st series. It will make sense shortly, but man, they need to get a second season together and quick... Huk just keeps getting the short end of the stick when he is definately the most deserving. .

CorvoSol

Just wanted to pop in to say I am truly glad you gave the film another chance, and that was a pleasant post to read through.

I figured as much as I loved the rest of the franchise it deserved another shot.

But I'm not rewatching movie 3 cuz that one was just a boring movie about penis cancer monsters

Really good 1st series. It will make sense shortly, but man, they need to get a second season together and quick... Huk just keeps getting the short end of the stick when he is definately the most deserving. .

There is plenty of manga content to do a second season it just depends upon if this first season was profitable

Sterok

Mikagura Gakuen 1

I thought Japan didn't like lesbians in their yuri. Anyway, it's one of the more decent shows. Interesting premise and mildly amusing. Eruna has a nice scarf. Painter guy is cool. Will watch.

Gintama (2015) 1

CH9Haxu.jpg

Seoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! If you read Fuuka you know what this means.😌

Poor Gengai got killed by truck and he just finally got his booger out of his nose. Man Madao seriously never gets a break, he suffocated from Gengai's booger. I mean the poor bastard even got zapped by Piccolo lol. That Psycho Pass reference was amazing.

It seems Tsukuyo got an upgrade from the new artstyle, truly best girl.☺️

The Opening and Ending are brilliant especially the former. It's been a long time but Gintama will always be my favorite anime. I can't wait till the next episode airs.

Ore Monogatari 1

Man the voices for the main two male leads is perfect. The lead girl though? Sounds like the voice you'd give to a talking cat. I'll get used to it but god damn is it high pitched.

Regardless I'm so excited this started. Y'all gonna see why I'm one of the ones always pimping out this manga. It's fucking great. Ultimate bro, ultimate romance, ultimate zero drama.

Defuser

Ore Monogatari ep 1
Damn, Takuya Eguchi got a range for Takeo. How can scrawny looking guy like him who does whiny voices can do such deep voice range?

Takeo is such a true bro. Always think for others and willing to help out hook up a girl to his friend even at his own expense.

Cornbread78

There is plenty of manga content to do a second season it just depends upon if this first season was profitable

I really hope they made enough to at least finish of the main story. It felt like they abruptly finished S1 sooner than they wanted to, just as a new arc was begining. I was angry that Log Horizon did the same thing, but only because the source material isn't ready yet.

Saiunkoku monogatari is an awesome anime you should check if you get the chance one day.

Denpa Kyoushi 1
Wow. It's ugly and I'm pretty sure it isn't just Funi's player either. It just has bright colors that don't really mesh well. I like the show and the plot of the first episode is pretty entertaining and a decent adaptation of the manga's first chapter though. I guess the second episode is anime original content because
I recall him leaving the school after the first couple chapters and I don't recall that character they focused on in the preview

sonicmj1

I figured as much as I loved the rest of the franchise it deserved another shot.

But I'm not rewatching movie 3 cuz that one was just a boring movie about penis cancer monsters

Yeah, movie 3 is actually just bad and boring, mimicking the aesthetic hallmarks of the second film without any of the insight or the intention.

I'm glad you found something to appreciate in the second film on the next go-around. I don't want to give the impression that you have to enjoy it, but it's nice to not have to hate things.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

That's the joke/point of Ore Monogatari though. It doesn't deal with most of the bullshit romantic manga tends to deal with and it's just a feel good cute story. Firehawk and Jarmel are currently only being introduced to the show, they'll see the light soon enough when it's obvious the source material ain't taking shit from no tropes

But yes agreed, shoujo manga dealing with romance tends to be the most fucking annoying drag out Ross Rachel bullcrap.

That's the joke/point of Ore Monogatari though. It doesn't deal with most of the bullshit romantic manga tends to deal with and it's just a feel good cute story. Firehawk and Jarmel are currently only being introduced to the show, they'll see the light soon enough when it's obvious the source material ain't taking shit from no tropes

But yes agreed, shoujo manga dealing with romance tends to be the most fucking annoying drag out Ross Rachel bullcrap.

Yeah, I'm familiar Ore Monogatari. It was just kind of a funny thing to see said about shoujo manga in general.

I'm going to sit over here and continue to be grateful that somehow I managed to avoid this shit. I swear, I must be lucky with my random manga pickups.

If you haven't go read Horimiya. Alongside Ore Monogatari it's the other romantic manga that like throws away the unnecessary drama and just focuses on the sweetness. Even when there's drama it's resolved like within a couple of chapters and usually in a funny manner. Love these two manga.

Quasar

Well I'm fine with that up to a point. I just get annoyed when they end the story just as the relationship moves to the next stage.

Not that Japan is alone there. So much western romance is about the chase and the stories basically end with marriage as the married relationship stuff is boring.

VRMN

If you haven't go read Horimiya. Alongside Ore Monogatari it's the other romantic manga that like throws away the unnecessary drama and just focuses on the sweetness. Even when there's drama it's resolved like within a couple of chapters and usually in a funny manner. Love these two manga.

Yeah, I'm reading Horimiya. They do kind of drag out a will they/won't they thing, but it never really felt that way in practice. Really good series, that. My experience has somehow been that the shoujo romances I have read tend to get to the relationship (or at least make it obvious what the relationship will be) quickly and then focus on developing that relationship. Male-focused romances in my experience have been the ones that drag things out forever, with multiple potential partners, that usually end as soon as a decision is made...but that may be because I've seen more of those.

I tend to like seeing what comes after "I love you," so maybe I've just gravitated towards series that provide that in general.

Well I'm fine with that up to a point. I just get annoyed when they end the story just as the relationship moves to the next stage.

Not that Japan is alone there. So much western romance is about the chase and the stories basically end with marriage as the married relationship stuff is boring.

Oh mos def. That's why I get so happy when a piece of work actually explores the evolving relationship between two people and doesn't just end when they meet but shows all of the struggles. I really liked Kare Kano (??) back in the days. If you want western stuff then go read Fables, Sex Criminals, and Saga.

Looking at the schedule:
Wednesday
Kyoukai no Rinne - CR - 12:00am
Gintama° - CR - 3:30am
Triage X - CR - 10:30am
Ore Monogatari!! - CR - 12:00pm
Wish Upon the Pleiades - CR - 12:15pm

I can't remember the last time there were so many shows being simulcasted on a Wednesday. It doesn't have GITS or Mikagura Gakuen up there either.

Giant Robo - 3

Looks like the chief had a point when he wanted to keep Giant Robo sealed in this episode. I mean DAMN.

The giant Ameno Sagiri was so hard that Giant Robo's punch obliterated its own entire hand in a bloody (oily?) mess that actually caused the thing to start crying.

See that Ryu Knight? THAT's a reason for a mecha to cry! Not being butthurt over losing one match against somebody who wasn't even in a mecha.

Cornbread78

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

I'm about a week late on this one, but yeah, I'll follow this one throughout the season. The voice actresses all sound so familiar and are good, the world/setting has some real promise to it (love the fantasy settings) and it seems to have a good production team behind it as it looks and sounds really good. Now yes, this will turn out to be, yet another, harem anime, which is getting annoying and I am going to have to feel bad for the Goddess all season as she us continually overlooked, but hey, that tough tall blond chick is gonna be so hot to follow for him, soooo. This could be a fun one, but we'll see how the follow up is...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mikagura School Suite Episode 1:

Yea, going to agree with the consensus on this one, this show is being carried on the back of its strangely charismatic and very lesbian protagonist Eruna in what is otherwise a very bog standard show. Will give it a few more episodes at the very least.

Squishy3

I can't wait to watch the 168 episodes I have left so I can join you guys in watching the new season, and on that note:

Gintama episode 97

Worst infomercial ever.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pleiades Episode 1:

Speaking of average, we have this title, doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong but it lacks the charisma of Mikagura and Wesnesday viewing is going to be at a premium, dropped.

Pooya

Somebody posted this video in Hearthstone thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ1CQbhxVUQ it just reminded me how much better action was in Fate Zero compared with UBW, you can feel the tension everywhere. UBW direction is so poor, battles mean nothing, it's just some slashes and jumps, flashy but they don't have any feeling of high stakes like in Fate Zero. It's not just the poor story, action is not interesting any more.

Turok_TTZ

Gintama...
The Clown Prince of Comedy has returned. All hail Gintama.

Loving the shit out of the Ending song. How the hell does Gintama nail all the good songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom