• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephtis

Of all the new anime this season, Ore Monogatari has quickly risen to my top 3.

Ahhhhhh, I can't remember the last time I saw an anime other than Usagi Drop that had me smiling from start to finish the entire time.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 127

World renowned idol school apparently struggles with finding teachers, so they promoted the fucking groundskeeper.

Ore Monogatari 01

It's only the first episode and I think it's it's gonna be impossible for me to hate Takeo. I'm rooting for you brother!

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture 1
This was just a segment from one of the Arise films. I didn't realize that this series wasn't going to be new material.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture 1
This was just a segment from one of the Arise films. I didn't realize that this series wasn't going to be new material.
Apparently only the last two episodes are new.

---

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku is Maria Holic tossed in with Harry Potter. I think I got enough from that one episode, but I'm sure it'll have it's fans. lol

phaze

Somebody posted this video in Hearthstone thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ1CQbhxVUQ it just reminded me how much better action was in Fate Zero compared with UBW, you can feel the tension everywhere. UBW direction is so poor, battles mean nothing, it's just some slashes and jumps, flashy but they don't have any feeling of high stakes like in Fate Zero. It's not just the poor story, action is not interesting any more.

Ehhh I disagree. Animation wise Archer vs Lancer and Saber vs Berserker blow away anything in F/Z. Sure it's a bit chaotic and even too fast at times but at least they don't feel the need to put in a 5 minute monologue after every swing/shot of their weapons.

In retrospective - battles in the first half of F/Z also meant nothing. I can agree that direction was better there but a lot of the tension/ high stakes comes down to the quality of the script and it's not something Ufotable can fix here.

Ore Monogatari 01

I liked it more than I did the corresponding chapters of manga which frankly, isn't saying much. Bearable enough to qualify for 3 eps rule I guess.

Defuser

Mikagura ep 1
Nope, this girl lesbian levels is as high as the Kanako, I have to double check whether am I watching Maria Holic or Mikagura. And that culture clubs are ridiculous.

Thoraxes

2015-04-0903.20.22u1uzs.jpg

Welp, here you guys go.

BTW the video quality is outstanding. Really crisp and clean. On par if not better than AoA video quality.
I have a bunch of people who have really been wanting to see what's all included, so here you go!
If anyone has any questions about any of the releases, ask me and I will gladly answer!

The short of it; PONYCANON US does a fantastic job. For real.
Knowing something like Sound! Euphonium is in their hands for release in the future makes me super happy that i'll get to enjoy it all over again in such a high-quality release, especially because a show like that deserves nothing less.
Really great stuff here, and I will definitely be buying their releases again.

DENKI-GAI

Yuki Yuna is a Hero

I only included a couple of the keyframes for the pics I too.

SIZE COMPARISONS

cajunator

Banned
2015-04-0903.20.22u1uzs.jpg

Welp, here you guys go.

BTW the video quality is outstanding. Really crisp and clean. On par if not better than AoA video quality.
I have a bunch of people who have really been wanting to see what's all included, so here you go!
If anyone has any questions about any of the releases, ask me and I will gladly answer!

The short of it; PONYCANON US does a fantastic job. For real.
Knowing something like Sound! Euphonium is in their hands for release in the future makes me super happy that i'll get to enjoy it all over again in such a high-quality release, especially because a show like that deserves nothing less.
Really great stuff here, and I will definitely be buying their releases again.

DENKI-GAI

Yuki Yuna is a Hero

I only included a couple of the keyframes for the pics I too.

SIZE COMPARISONS

I WANT MINE DAMMIT
;_;

TUSR

Banned
Fixed a lot of the FN times in the OP, let me know if something isn't correct/needs to be added.

Appreciate it.

Black Hat

Mikagura School Suite - 1

mpv_screenshot_0001.png

Not sure what I just watched... but so far it's worth watching just for the yuritastic MC (voiced by the seiyuu who was Aoi in Shirobako)

Stulaw

Show By Rock 1

So how come the CG in this anime isn't an eyesore?

Because they got someone to light and animate it properly, I was surprised how good it was and that's a shame that it isn't standard because that should be the basics of 3D visuals and animation. They also didn't try to mix it in with the 2D which helped quite a lot, and the 2D visuals were quite nice themselves.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
PapaKiki end

I'm sure no one remembers this "knock off" of Usagi Drop, but apparently in lieu of doing any more seasons, they just animated the events of the final book and put it out as an OVA and well:

PXj5JPVl.png

Dude ends up marrying his step-niece. Even though they've never kissed. lol
Maybe this works if you've been reading the books or something, but it's basically a nonsensical ending considering there's no mention of the other girl who was basically the obvious choice back when the show aired.

I suppose the OVA does clear up that the parents are actually dead, since they show up as ghosts who spend the day watching their kids go through a normal day in their lives.

PapaKiki aside, I think I'd be okay with studios just doing one off episodes for LNs that end. A lot of series will never get a sequel series, but wrapping the whole thing up with a finale episode is I suppose better than nothing.

stryke

The fact they referenced a Politician who cried while he was on air literally killed me inside. Sweet Jesus I was laughing with tears of joy.

Ooooh, okay now it makes a bit more sense. I still found it slightly funny but now this context really clears the air.

Cornbread78

Monogatari Ep.21-24:
This is just a weird arc,
Senjou is falling for Kaiki, surely this is just an act, right? Although, he is trying to save her and Araragi's life, but still I remember her telling Araragi that he was "her first" ...WTF?
? Man, having this episode completely narrated by this ahole is annoying to say the least; this whole thing is very twisted as well, which is fittign considering that narrator.
This Gaen chick wants them to die now? Especially after just helping him in the last Arc and that emotional scene when Hachikuji left to her afterlife where she belonged since Araragi helped her.
... Uggh, a few episodes left.

Monogatari Ep.21-24:
This is just a weird arc,
Senjou is falling for Kaiki, surely this is just an act, right? Although, he is trying to save her live, but still I remember her telling Araragi that he was "her first" ...WTF?
? Man, having this episode completely narrated by this ahole is annoying to say the least; this whole thing is very twisted as well, which is fittign considering that narrator.
This Gaen chick wants them to die now? Especially after just helping him in the last Arc and that emotional scene when Hachikuji left to her afterlife where she belonged since Araragi helped her.
... Uggh, a few episodes left.

OK you're not paying attention to one thing , it's the date.
The arc during monogatari second season are not exactly in a direct order.

So ,
Senjou is not falling for kaiki , she is prepared to do whatever it takes for araragi and her to survive , that's all Arararagi was her "first" in a sexual sense , but before the events of monogatari , kaiki made a con on the whole sect ,the one where senjou mother , senjou was involved , and during this time senjou was very close to kaiki , to the point were she fell in love.( heavily implied by kaiki , but this could be a lie since we don't have a clear picture of what happenned). However , kaiki seeing that everyone and everything won't end well , made one big con in order to destroy the sect that would do very mean things to a girl ( senjougahara )

Second,
kaiki being the narrator is set in stone at the start and he clearly says " that he will tell a tale of truth and lies so it would be intresting". so bottom line , don't trust everything that happens in this arc at face value.
I mean the events clearly happenned , but not exactly the way kaiki tell you. This is one giant tease by the writter.

Third, gean
knows everything , including where to lies in order to get her satisfactory result. Hint she will NEVER help someone for free.

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 128

A-ha! Major revelation this episode. "Johnny Bepp" is merely a stage name! Also that he's a former member of the dance duo Sunny & Johnny, who would probably fit right in in Tribe Cool Crew. Johnny's real name is
not revealed
. As the first big Rin episode, I like her. Perhaps not as much as Juri, but she's got a cool, modern techno-dance style and a pretty catchy song. Hoping to see more from her!

Instro

PapaKiki end

I'm sure no one remembers this "knock off" of Usagi Drop, but apparently in lieu of doing any more seasons, they just animated the events of the final book and put it out as an OVA and well:

PXj5JPVl.png

Dude ends up marrying his step-niece. Even though they've never kissed. lol
Maybe this works if you've been reading the books or something, but it's basically a nonsensical ending considering there's no mention of the other girl who was basically the obvious choice back when the show aired.

I suppose the OVA does clear up that the parents are actually dead, since they show up as ghosts who spend the day watching their kids go through a normal day in their lives.

PapaKiki aside, I think I'd be okay with studios just doing one off episodes for LNs that end. A lot of series will never get a sequel series, but wrapping the whole thing up with a finale episode is I suppose better than nothing.

Well its probably just as likely that he could have ended up with the youngest daughter.
Usagi Drop knockoff indeed lol.

Pachael

Finally finished Love Live S2, which I'm sure signifies Peak Idol (tm). Still, save for a few bits here and there (Goofy Love Live is best Love Live, like the absolutely amazing Episode 1 avant with Honoka) I felt that it overall lacked the fluidity and pacing of S1. At several points it felt that the production team were trying to squeeze way too many potentially great segments or moments in too short a time which is too bad, but the masses have spoken so c'est la vie I guess.

Also done with Koufuku Graffiti, which was very calming and gooey throughout the 12 episodes. Feel that Tatsuwa Naoyuki gave a fairly straight adaption without too much of the random weirdness other Shaft works have (like the general architectural 'yes, this looks familiar' direction that his other recent work, Nisekoi, has). At points it reminded me of his work on Soredemo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well its probably just as likely that he could have ended up with the youngest daughter.
Usagi Drop knockoff indeed lol.
He's actually related to the youngest one, so at least that wasn't a possibility. Funny enough, the guy who married his sister had three daughters from three different women. Unconventional family is already unconventional.

Sakura

Watched the first episodes of a few shows.

Owari no Seraph
Not really sure what to think of this. There seemed to be way too much going on in the first episode. Kind of a lot of info to take in. A disease that only kills those over 13...? Now there are vampires what...? Then it just jumps 4 years at the end. I'll watch another episode but not sure yet if I will continue...

Kyoukai no Rinne

This was pretty good. A lot funnier than I was expecting. I think both the main characters are really good and have a nice chemistry. I might try the manga.

Shokugeki no Soma

Way too fanservicey for me. Will not be watching.

Kekkai Sensen

Not sure what to make of this one either.
There was lots of jumping around, and I'm not sure I really understand the plot or what was going on with the protagonist and his sister.
It's also supposed to be set in America, but it is very much Japanese America. Americans doing dogeza and bowing and stuff... lol

But damn if that fight sequence at the end wasn't cool as hell. I will probably keep watching for now at least.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Did not like it at all.
Protagonist is everything I dislike in a character.
Humour was rather flat as well. Will not be watching.

Seraph of the end - 01

This is a good start , a generic start ( that ending was damn obvious ) but it didn't dumb down how powerfull everything went when "it" happened.

I'm definitely in for more

Cornbread78

OK you're not paying attention to one thing , it's the date.
The arc during monogatari second season are not exactly in a direct order.

So ,
Senjou is not falling for kaiki , she is prepared to do whatever it takes for araragi and her to survive , that's all Arararagi was her "first" in a sexual sense , but before the events of monogatari , kaiki made a con on the whole sect ,the one where senjou mother , senjou was involved , and during this time senjou was very close to kaiki , to the point were she fell in love.( heavily implied by kaiki , but this could be a lie since we don't have a clear picture of what happenned). However , kaiki seeing that everyone and everything won't end well , made one big con in order to destroy the sect that would do very mean things to a girl ( senjougahara )

Second,
kaiki being the narrator is set in stone at the start and he clearly says " that he will tell a tale of truth and lies so it would be intresting". so bottom line , don't trust everything that happens in this arc at face value.
I mean the events clearly happenned , but not exactly the way kaiki tell you. This is one giant tease by the writter.

Third, gean
knows everything , including where to lies in order to get her satisfactory result. Hint she will NEVER help someone for free.

Wow, I just finished that last part of the "Hitagi End" arc. and it was good in a sense how the issue was resolved and very fitting the way it was done, but it really gives you no closure to the larger story nor does it allow you to
celebrate the "victory." The warning to Araragi was very fitting as well, so hopefully, he learns to head that warning and not try to be everyone's hero all the time, he must choose who he wants to save/love. I think the departure of Hachikuji in the prior arc should have been an eye opener for him and the impending dissintegration or his "harem" that is needed to achieve that. It's just unfortunate that you cannot celebrate or enjoy the moment, but since this arc was done from Kaiki's perspective, you can understand why there was no "celebration." However, they show him being killed by the boy with teh snape apperition right afterwards and it appears to kick off a brand new story already from there...

Is that the "Suruga Devil" movie listed after Hitagi's End part 6 a story continuation from this point forward, or a totally different story?

I looked up "My AnimeList," as you mentioned to do, and it has "Tsukimonogatari" listed as a sequel I do not see that on Crunchy, is that availible on any of the normal streaming services? Is that a direct continuation of the story and events from this point forward or from the Suruga Devil story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom