• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Ah it's from this pick girl in dungeon show. The string placement is so ridiculous it warrants a watch. For gravitational science !

Toothbrush.gif is love
dcdpab.gif

Unfortunately, this will be yet another harem anime and the best character will be completely ignored by the protagonist, Bell.

Oregairu 2 episode 2

Man I missed this series. Another great episode, wonder if 8-man will ever change his ways aha. In a way the way he is, is what makes this show so great to watch, but the guy deserves a good resolution at the end of it all.

Why are you watching Trinity Seven? Hopefully because it's the best harem action anime since Infinite Stratos, that's why!

Yeah, I know, few others here seem to have liked Trinity Seven, but I do. It's good. I'm really hoping it gets more seasons... it needs them. What's in the anime is great, but there is more to cover.

Oh, and Ninja girl is best girl, yes.
Trinity seven main appeal is without a doubt is the characters. then the music.

It's incredible how weak the magic system of the show is and the world building is lacking in many areas.
But despite all of that , the show is ok , if anything
Also :
Levi >Akio>Mira>Sora>Lieselotte>Arin>Yui>Lilith>Selina>Hijiri>llia

Holy shit, someone made side by side comparison of Gintama's conference parody to the actualy video of Ryutaro Nonomura conference. It was nearly 1:1 accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=67&v=eeh_ei1JsdU

This is why I love Gintama.
Dat attention to detail.Gintama doesn't slack off on the joke level.

Late response but ...

I don't think it was made clear whether or not the company "designed" the robots with a life span of roughly 8 years vs that being the limit of their technology at this current point. That they can predict to the very hour when the personality of the robot starts to degrade just seems more like a story contrivance to me than any indicator that the company is doing this for kicks. We'll see though.
My problem with this show is that i can already see the ending.

Well, I saw this linked yesterday on reddit.

WARNING - 100 billion images, many NSFW

^This link made my memory usage go over 480% ..Lool.Best memory leak test ?

Cornbread78

Etotama
Well, umm, this one was "interesting" to say the least. Although that catgirl was so damn annoying, I have a feeling this one will be "fun" for the season at least.

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken S2 - 02

Compatibility suck ! it doesn't matter ( unless we'retalking backward compatibility on consoles )

Feeligns are indeed better

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories:
I don't know if I can emotionally handle watching this series if the rest of the episodes are going over the last little time that Isla has left before her
mind/emotions are "erased and reset"
That one episode was pretty emotional charged, which I'm sure they did on purpose beign a debut episode, but damn they don't hold back any punches makign you feel the emotional burdon that their job causes.

plastic_memories_sci-fi_long_hair_romance_hd-wallpaper-1882438.jpg

BTW, I love the character design they are using.

EDIT: and now I remember why, just moment later:

KOS-MOS.240.1065447.jpg

sonicmj1

Touche. lol
Although I think Interstellar has shown that you don't need to bloat a science fiction story for the sake of trying to make something more intelligent than it seems. Or, to put it another way, if a hack director like Brett Ratner directed Gravity, it could still theoretically be a watchable movie about a depressed woman being isolated and struggling with the decision of whether or not she should try to find a way to live.

(I'm apparently one of the few people who hates Redline though, so that film's technical merits didn't really work for me at all).

Gravity directed by a mediocre director would be awful.

Perhaps this is less about technical skill than directing ability, but if scenes are framed and presented poorly, that can be just as destructive to an audience's investment in a story as bad writing. Visuals tell a story as much, if not more, than words. They serve the same function as prose would in a book, bringing out the emotions of the characters and the ideas of the setting implicitly, and seeding them inside the audience.

Movies like Gravity (or to go even more extreme, Birth of a Nation) would be completely unremarkable or downright bad if they existed just as words on a page. How they are shot and edited makes them special, because they draw their audience's attention through the power of their visuals.

Similarly, Euphonium might be telling a somewhat familiar story, but that story can't really work if the viewer doesn't feel the rush the characters get from seeing and participating in musical performances. That doesn't necessarily require the attention to detail that KyoAni is bringing, but it makes a big difference if the characters look like they're actually playing their instruments, the same way an idol performance presented with fluid, animated dancing is more captivating than one presented as a slideshow over music.

Etotama - 01

i don't even have to ask , this anime is cajun-approved , right ?

Also Very nice CG for the battle.
Anime-Cg has sure come a long way in the last years , feel much more anime than ever.

Veitsev

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku 02
It is gonna happen sooner or later. Also, this was a good episode.

Snafu 2 airs at 12:00 AM CDT Saturday on Crunchyroll. It would be cool if you didn't post images from an episode that America can't yet see legit.

Its kind of annoying last season having to eventually ignore this thread entirely (unless I made sure and watched everything I was interested in beforehand) because people posting images from fansub episodes that come out earlier. What you posted was extremely minor obviously but its always better to go into a new episode without knowing anything. Like I can just avoid text, but its hard to not see images.

Cornbread78

Nisekoi day is upon us.

It'll only be worth it if they up the laugh factor, waifu wars aside, the first season was, umm, underwhelming to me. I actually had more fun with Shaekano.

Shirobako 1-4:
I'm just catching up on this one from over the winter. I'm not sure what is goign on with thsi one just yet. Is this an anime version of Office Space or something?

I'll give you one episode Nisekoi S2, that should be plenty to scare me off from you forever... If not I'll have to watch all of you due to some weird logic!

e:
Shirobako 1-4:
I'm just catching up on this one from over the winter. I'm not sure what is goign on with thsi one just yet. Is this an anime version of Office Space or something?

A pretense to sell dakimakuras is what it is!

Snafu 2 airs at 12:00 AM CDT Saturday on Crunchyroll. It would be cool if you didn't post images from an episode that America can't yet see legit.

Its kind of annoying last season having to eventually ignore this thread entirely (unless I made sure and watched everything I was interested in beforehand) because people posting images from fansub episodes that come out earlier. What you posted was extremely minor obviously but its always better to go into a new episode without knowing anything. Like I can just avoid text, but its hard to not see images.

If completely innocuous non spoiler images bother you, that's your problem, I'm not sure why you expect the thread to conform to that.

It's all about Onodera. Screw Chitoge. Tsundares are the worst. Rarely ever done well and in this instance is standing in the way of the best girl of the series. Go away Chitoge!

Mendrox

Well I can't say no to that unbiased opinion!

C'mon the writer is the same as Virtues Last Reward so there will be some twists that will fuck us over. I hope many people drop it and will have to marathon it again because I really think it will be awesome.

This season is so full of fanservice that it is really ridiculous this year... and I watch Anime since 15 years or more.

Ugh, Nisekoi. It's just another harem anime guys. >_<

What is it about this one in particular that has people all worked up over it? Is it because it's by SHAFT? It's SHAFT isn't it.

Whatever. I'm just going to sit here and wait for them to announce Madoka Movie 4 already.

Defuser

C'mon the writer is the same as Virtues Last Reward so there will be some twists that will fuck us over. I hope many people drop it and will have to marathon it again because I really think it will be awesome.

This season is so full of fanservice that it is really ridiculous this year... and I watch Anime since 15 years or more.
QCyy6NR.gif

Ugh, Nisekoi. It's just another harem anime guys. >_<

What is it about this one in particular that has people all worked up over it? Is it because it's by SHAFT? It's SHAFT isn't it.

Nisekoi Waifu wars started waaaaaay back in Manga-gaf. Probaby after TWGOK waifu wars ended Nisekoi waifu war got intense.

Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan 1
Im out, huge fan of Haruhi but this is not for me.
Kyon is basically an average anime male now and has a design to match, Jesus I can't get over how generic it is.

Midonin

Cinderella Girls 13

Much like the first iM@S' concert, this feels like a fitting place for a season finale. Only because of split-cour it is. I can't really give final thoughts if this is just Act 1 of the story, but so far, I like what I've seen. The girls may not have as many dimensions or as much history as the 765 team, yet I've grown to love them still. Kanako, Ranko, and I'm glad that Shizuku got to have a voiced appearance. If they can work in Chika Yokoyama and Hikaru Nanjou in the second half of the show, I will be pleased. The curtain's closed on Act 1, and who knows what kind of success they'll have in the second half?

Though it's not as if I'm at a loss for Friday shows. Plenty more have just begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom