• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assassination Classroom Episode 12
tumblr_nmlsmq4anH1t8dmw3o1_540.png

Liked OP1 more but I still love the class singing and jumping.

Hilarious episode, I didnt remember Karma kun and Isogai having that role. That was pretty incredible.

Midonin

The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 02

Wouldn't be a Haruhi spinoff series without an appearance from the girl of the hour herself. She's still got her investigative streak and her mood maker personality. The more things change, the more they stay the same. And as I said before, I know people are big on series where there's a clear couple from the start, and it looks like this is the case. It's a different beast from its parent series, but so far, I think it's retaining what made the school life parts of Haruhi work.

The intro, "Fure Fure Mirai" is clearly attempting to bring up memories of the dance craze that swept the nation, and while it's not the most memorable song - so far, I'm really partial to Etotama's - the visuals are cute. The show is cute.

But it needs more of the belly button fetish from the first episode.

Mr.Jeff

C'mon the writer is the same as Virtues Last Reward so there will be some twists that will fuck us over.
Having the same writer is never a good indication of a show being good or not though. The continuous crushing disappointments when a show has "from the writer/creator of series X, comes series Y!" are too numerous to list.

If it ends up being good, fine but it needs to prove itself rather than just be accepted as truth.

Danmachi - 02

Pretty fun episode, she's cute with her expressions and reaction faces, and I enjoy the banter with the other gods.
MC still feels like a limp dick to me though, this guy is gonna have to improve soon, which looks to be the case. Made a creditless gif of the toothbrush scene for those who wants it.

Beats

So, how did Yuri Kuma turn out? I wasn't really feeling the show after watching the first three episodes and I haven't really paid attention to impressions since then. It sort of felt like it was moving too fast and felt a bit nonsensical. It doesn't look like there's anything for me this season, so I might go back and watch that.

amrod

Nisekoi: Episode 1 was great... to bad it took a hour to watch on crunchyroll due to having to pause and let it buff :\

So, how did Yuri Kuma turn out? I wasn't really feeling the show after watching the first three episodes and I haven't really paid attention to impressions since then. It sort of felt like it was moving too fast and felt a bit nonsensical. It doesn't look like there's anything for me this season, so I might go back and watch that.

it got real gud just took a few eps .

Puruzi

Banned
Having the same writer is never a good indication of a show being good or not though. The continuous crushing disappointments when a show has "from the writer/creator of series X, comes series Y!" are too numerous to list.

If it ends up being good, fine but it needs to prove itself rather than just be accepted as truth.
It's already good.

Nisekoi: Episode 1 was great... to bad it took a hour to watch on crunchyroll due to having to pause and let it buff :\

It was shit because it focused on worst girl.

From what I've heard it became amazing from episode 4 and onwards.

phaze

I think episode 4 and then the second half was much stronger. The general consensus seems to be that it improved a lot after first 3 episodes.

The first three episodes are probably the hardest to get through, super obtuse while not really establishing a clear direction for where the show was headed. Ep. 4 and beyond are where they start slowing down and refocusing on actually throwing down some meaningful character development for the people in the show. It was a pretty notable improvement from that point forward and the show as a whole just kept getting better and better from that point.

It was my first Ikuhara show so I don't have much basis for comparison here but I thoroughly enjoyed it when all was said and done.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Episode 2

This reminds me of another recent case in which a writer did everything possible to destroy a beloved franchise. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case with Nagato Yuki chan. Its lifeless and just uninteresting. Without Koizumi or Haruhi, its hard to watch it for [this] Kyon alone :(

Beats

it got real gud just took a few eps .

From what I've heard it became amazing from episode 4 and onwards.

I think episode 4 and then the second half was much stronger. The general consensus seems to be that it improved a lot after first 3 episodes.

The first three episodes are probably the hardest to get through, super obtuse while not really establishing a clear direction for where the show was headed. Ep. 4 and beyond are where they start slowing down and refocusing on actually throwing down some meaningful character development for the people in the show. It was a pretty notable improvement from that point forward and the show as a whole just kept getting better and better from that point.

It was my first Ikuhara show so I don't have much basis for comparison here but I thoroughly enjoyed it when all was said and done.

Alright cool. Thanks for the replies!

Blusby

It got worse and worse as time went on, it's a skip.

Crocodile

there was a shitstorm recently when a guy gave one of the gems whiter skin. So it won't ever end. You'll never get out of this maze.

Like many things in life, it isn't black or white, its kind of gray with various levels of fuckery. IMO, what happened with the SU fanart wasn't really worth getting upset for. This Punchline thing though really rubs me the wrong way.

phaze

Nisekoi S2 - 01

Well there was this one funny face.

Lies.

There were five of them.

Darker than Black 25 END
congratulationsyusdi.gif

Is what I would tell you Hei if the ending of the show you've, I hope unwillingly, found yourself in wasn't a complete failure in tackling any of the big questions regarding the mythology of the series. Even the few answers I got were vague as hell and didn't make a lot of sense. I suppose when you're trying to ape NGE ending making sense is the last thing on your mind.

Darker than Black is this weird show that is never really bad but nor is it ever really good. It's just so ... utterly mediocre. It's competently made, has the best cat character and some really neat tracks from Yoko Kanno but other than that it's just middling. The Yin – Hei, relationship, Hei's past and his sister and then the appearance of Amber (best character) did keep me trucking along but with this ending, all of it ultimately didn't amount to much.

I do appreciate the decision to stuck to the 2 episode per story format, which gave the various stories that played out there a bit of room to breathe. If they tried to cram them into the usual 20 minute slot I would probably hate most of them but as such, they're bearable and progressively introduce the important concepts and characters of this universe. Oh and I really loved the previews. It's pretty much the only show where I consistently watched them. Yin's noir narration + the music = so gooood.

But overall, it's a pretty forgettable show.

Cornbread78

no matter how cute the outer shell is if the inside is a bitter angry bitch I will never find her likable.

<Depends> are you immune to the tsundere effect or not ?

Exactly.
Her personality is a no no.

Nisekoi S2 - 01

Well there was this one funny face.

LOL, well, they tried... She needs to grow up. I don;t know how this series got a S2 and Saekano will not... Saekano is at least funny, but both protags... Man, just bad...

Will watch new Nisekoi episode tomorrow, I need some Onodera progression please

you could probably sit this one out bud. wait another week.

Saint Seiya - Soul of Gold Episode 1 – The Gold Legend Revived!
CCQTqL7WgAEoJ87.png

Aiolia seems so old. But otherwise pretty decent start. I would have preferred a Saint Seiya Omega third year because that was a really good Saint Seiya, I miss them all.

Hard to know who is good and who is evil
Lyfia looked so evil in the final minutes.

Shokugeki no Soma - 02

Wasn't as over the top as the first episode (for better or worse depending on your view). However I still think it holds up great.
Fun visual representations of the taste, fitting soundtrack (dat rose moment) and yummy description. Can't wait for the delicious meat chick I've seen around to appear.

Nisekoi: Episode 1 – From Now On / Please Notice
CCQiethWMAAdElm.png

They need to decide if they want Raku x Onodera (OP) or Raku x Shu (stars). Still glad its back, love Kaji's Shu, and love Ichijou's immunity to Chitoge.

Midonin

Now Nozomi starts putting the subs of Nadesico back up for streaming. But purchasing it gives me additional things like the Gekiganger OVA, so I'm cool with it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 2

Still lookin' good. They're doing a good job of filling in stuff that the manga never showed.

But that foodgasm......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom