• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Kiki's Delivery Service

I have mixed feelings over this movie.
It started nicely if a bit slow and I was really enjoying it when it... ended. Abruptly I'd almost say.
I didn't like that for the last part of the movie the cat
wasn't in it anymore and when he was, Kiki couldn't understand him, not even in the last scene
. This is something I especially disliked since the Italian VA for him had a nice voice and there was a certain musicality to his acting, making it good to listen at.

The other thing I didn't like I guess has more to do with my expectations. I expected to see the end of her apprenticeship. I expected to see her grown up. What I saw instead felt to me like only part of a story.

It was still a nice movie, pretty to watch and with some really nice moments but I was expecting way more from it.

Syrinx

Kiki's Delivery Service

It started nicely if a bit slow and I was really enjoying it when it... ended. Abruptly I'd almost say.
wasn't in it anymore and when he was, Kiki couldn't understand him, not even in the last scene
. This is something I especially disliked since the Italian VA for him had a nice voice and there was a certain musicality to his acting, making it good to listen at.

The other thing I didn't like I guess has more to do with my expectations. I expected to see the end of her apprenticeship. I expected to see her grown up. What I saw instead felt to me like only part of a story.

It was still a nice movie, pretty to watch and with some really nice moments but I was expecting way more from it.

Italian VA shit, the English one had Phil Fucking Hartman!

Yup. Onodera all the way.

Yup. Everyone else just came out of nowhere. Onodera is just the best.

image.php

See even you agree. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, Nisekoi. It's just another harem anime guys. >_<

What is it about this one in particular that has people all worked up over it? Is it because it's by SHAFT? It's SHAFT isn't it.

Whatever. I'm just going to sit here and wait for them to announce Madoka Movie 4 already.
It's a waifu war, basically. :p

PK Gaming

Yeah, umm, but there is no adventure, love, action, or anything in this thing. It's like an office drama with nothing..... It's definately not a waifu show either..... Not even sure why those pillows would be made...

It might not be your kind of cup, alhough you should give it a few more episodes, since it does get a lot more engaging in the later episodes. If it's not grabbing you by the midseason finale, i'd probably drop it.

Cornbread78

Yup. Everyone else just came out of nowhere. Onodera is just the best.

She is the ONLY choice when it comes to this show....

It might not be your kind of cup, alhough you should give it a few more episodes, since it does get a lot more engaging in the later episodes. If it's not grabbing you by the midseason finale, i'd probably drop it.

Ok,I'll watch a few more and see where it goes, but...

Well, at least I can say I appreciate seeing adult characters for once and not just kids/teens.

Kikirin

You never knew you wanted the Sound! Euphonium opening/ending to be played by a concert band until now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4maNMIgRH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJyw6W5tP4

(This is the Akiba concert band performing the two songs. It's not official, but given how the tunes sound, we should expect similar instrumentals in the main show.)

Good stuff. The OP and ED struck me as very concert band-y upon first listen, so it's pretty cool to see it performed like this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
oJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Season 2, Episode 14:

Yea, it is nice to finally getting back to the serious shit and I do like the amount of menace that Pet Shop evokes.
Okay, did Araki get mauled by a dog as a kid or something? Animal lovers are going to hate this episode because more dead dogs killed in brutal ways.

cajunator

Banned
Are string ribbon's a new fashion trend, because hot damn are people fascinated by it.

Seriously Hestia's popularity just exploded out of nowhere. I wonder what people find fascinating about her? Is it because of her smugness.

I hope this trend dies soon.

Twin Tails, large boobs, the string, being cute, etcetcetc

Not enough. too many characters already like that. Is it really just the string?

shirobako 1-2

so this is how anime production turns to shit. Story is made up as they go, sounds about right and director is the creep that ruins everything, duh.

I love seeing the process but it would be fun to be a fly on the wall during troublesome anime productions to see just how much its really going off the rails in there.

Guys, guys, sawano is delivering with the xenoblade X soundtrack, so good

He always does! If its even a fraction of how good Xenoblade was...

tiny hats > boob strings

All day, every day. Sorry yall I love those tiny little hats.

based kyogods and the sexiest drawn (french) horns ever

9JeqEZI.jpg

Look at that shit.

Look at that motherfucking attention to detail on the slides, rotors, and hand position. Even the solderings are in the correct spot. Jesus.

She's even holding it on her body in the correct location for a younger player.

They even made it drawn as a double instead of a single and have all the tube lengths the correct size. If they show how they empty the spit out I may just lose it, because on horn it's a ridiculous process that has to be done A LOT.

You can even see a digital tuner on her stand.

AWESOMEBEAR if you are impressed by it, then it is good. you know what youre talking about here!

I'm sure this will come off as pretty flippant, but does this attention to detail matter if the show itself is otherwise standard?

Hell yeah it does!

I mean, I know I'm the guy who is blind and doesn't give a shit about sakuga so my perspective when it comes to anime is entirely skewed, but I mean... if it's just another sports story with brass instruments instead of basketballs/volleyballs/soccer balls/swimming trunks, then I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of it.

And I mean, I say this as an unabashed fan of K-On, so it's not like I have some kind of inherent distaste for slice of life stories.

Not to be metaphysical about it, but sure. But isn't it a bigger problem if the anime is, in the example of your reply and not in regards to Sound Euphorium, 'mediocre'?

Ah, doy, how could I forget. The Order 1886 is the perfect example of this phenomenon in recent memory.

Please dont drag down good anime to the depths that The Order sank to. KyoAni actually knows what its doing.

Nisekoi S2 01

Equal opportunity kira kira. Surprised the locket comes back. Most of the episode was "will senpai notice me?" the animation. This is Raku you're trying to impress, are you kidding yourself Chitoge?

Midonin

Nisekoi: 01

Half-reacquainted, half-Chitoge episode, which means I can already predict the reactions in here. I haven't seen the OVAs yet, but they're side stories, so I can catch up at any point I need as long as this cour is going. Not too much to comment on. Chitoge is cute, and the cast still looks to be as they are. Going with a group song for the first ED is good, looking forward to individual characters'. The OP has some really nice animation, a good beat and a cool Looney Tunes sensibility to it with the Rube Goldbergian way that Raku's day goes. It's a good baseline for all the other Friday stuff.

Razmos

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku episode 2
Loved the resolution to this one, Hikitani for president.
The shot of him and Saika sharing a bed at the start just about gave me a heart attack, more of that please. More Saika in general, also.

Glasses girl was surprisingly dark, rotten to the core indeed, damn girl.

zulux21

It's all about Onodera. Screw Chitoge. Tsundares are the worst. Rarely ever done well and in this instance is standing in the way of the best girl of the series. Go away Chitoge!

you are both correct and wrong at the same time
Kosaki Onodera is not the best girl in the series.
(minor season two spoiler)
Haru Onodera is.

cajunator

Banned
Well, I saw this linked yesterday on reddit.

WARNING - 100 billion images, many NSFW

Kill it with fire

Trinity seven main appeal is without a doubt is the characters. then the music.

It's incredible how weak the magic system of the show is and the world building is lacking in many areas.
But despite all of that , the show is ok , if anything
Also :
Levi >Akio>Mira>Sora>Lieselotte>Arin>Yui>Lilith>Selina>Hijiri>llia

Dat attention to detail.Gintama doesn't slack off on the joke level.

My problem with this show is that i can already see the ending.

^This link made my memory usage go over 480% ..Lool.Best memory leak test ?

First one is correct. Remaining ranking doesnt matter.

Etotama - 01

i don't even have to ask , this anime is cajun-approved , right ?

Also Very nice CG for the battle.
Anime-Cg has sure come a long way in the last years , feel much more anime than ever.

HELL YES. Show By Rock + Etotama = very very very satisfied super squee happy bouncy penguin Cajun doki doki

Anything to take the focus off breastia.

Hopefully

It's all about Onodera. Screw Chitoge. Tsundares are the worst. Rarely ever done well and in this instance is standing in the way of the best girl of the series. Go away Chitoge!

I like the nisekoi girls EXCEPT Chitoge. I dont understand why she is liked. shes way too mean and bitchy and just cruel. Not cute.

amrod

come on crunchyroll... Their servers are getting hammered, even as paying custom I can't get a smooth stream and 3 out I wanna watch today :\

Kiki's Delivery Service

Well, it wouldn't be a Miyazaki movie if it didn't end abruptly.

Midonin

DanMachi 02

It looks like the first novel will amount to about three episodes. It always varies between shows, but I can see why here. Much of the first book was exposition, which was cut out here to let the audience figure things out on their own. Plus if you've played any RPGs, it's that. The ED is pretty upbeat for a Kanon Wakeshima song - especially after her WIXOSS OPs. The use of the SD characters sorta reminds me of Dog Days.

As for the episode itself, we get to meet more of the gods and goddesses in the town. Hestia's cute, and I'm perfectly okay with her becoming popular. Rather than mockery, it's a chance to see what catches the Japanese fandom's eye - fans are as much a part of a show's experience as the actual show itself. Bell remains a decent guy, and the show is pretty fun.

Looking forward to it delving into novel material that hasn't been published in English yet.

phaze

Poor Jexhius. From the Eureka Seven hate on the last few pages to Nisekoi starting again.

That and we just came off of GBF TRY and Cross Ange.

Oh boy...

People who watched Cross Ange have no right to complain !

Nisekoi S2 01

That worst girl centric OP. And they ruined best girl's hair. Absolutely disgusting.

They should just make it a series a 1 minute shorts and pack it with all those glorious reaction faces. Would have saved me so much time. Awful episode, will watch the next !

Defuser

DanMachi ep 2
danmachibcjxk.gif

Ok, so maybe 1/4 of her popularity isn't about the string. Isn't Loki a male god so why a female? They really throw in every type of god in there. Greek, Norse,Japanese mythology.etc

cajunator

Banned
DanMachi ep 2
danmachibcjxk.gif

Ok, so maybe 1/4 of her popularity isn't about the string. Isn't Loki a male god so why a female? They really throw in every type of god in there. Greek, Norse,Japanese mythology.etc

Her expressions nd personality are fine. Im just bothered that they had to make a LOLI GIRL's boobs large. thats eiken levels of stupid and Im never ok with it.

zulux21

most of the gods get flip flopped in gender a lot, but loki in particular is a special one as even in Marvel lore they change gender and swing both ways.

beyond that there really isn't a need to stick to gender norms when just loosely basing things off history/gods I mean if you want to make King Author a girl you can do it, same with Zeus or Hades or heck Abraham Lincoln.

cajunator

Banned
Not even for Popura?

Honestly I didnt like that about Popura either.
Shes plenty adorable without needing large boobs. The whole large boob loli thing is way out of hand. At that point just make the character older. I can see why people outside the anime community are largely disturbed by this stuff.
(Yes Im aware Popura is older)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom