• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden Village 1-3: Uh...what?

EDIT

tG93Gq6.jpg
As long as Mitsumune, Speedstar, Jack, and Jigoku no Gouka survive, then The Lost Village will be good.

Cornbread78

Cerberus ep.3
Nothing really exciting here and the new girl is braindead but beautiful, so yay for great characters...uggh. also, the evil, loli mage is still chasing him around for blood. ... uugghh2.

Beck 1-8

I never liked bullying like that in anime and I'm really scared for that white guitar. Hoping things will go better for Koyuki. At the very least things seems to be going into the right directions.

Also I looooove that opening.

Aki-at

Why would you post the Assassination Classroom ending in this thread?

Didn't really know where else to and just need somewhere to let my feelings out on it.

I mean I wasn't even going to read the finale until a stupid youtube related video decided to do the job for me. I'll refrain from doing it in the future and edit it out.

Manga GAF does exist.

Yeah I'll just dump my thoughts there, my brain's stopped working so late into the night I guess.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Didn't really know where else to and just need somewhere to let my feelings out on it.

I mean I wasn't even going to read the finale until a stupid youtube related video decided to do the job for me. I'll refrain from doing it in the future and edit it out.

Manga GAF does exist.

duckroll

Huh, well that's a shame to hear, at the very least I'm hoping the fights are going to be great to watch.

Greed vs Ed in FMA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Greed vs Ed in FMA:B

But.....

Lust vs Mustang in FMA:B >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

The remake was worth it just for episode 19 alone.

Hundred episode 3

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO get out of here with this shit hahahahahahaha. The show has an excuse for the two leads to make out sloppily and have the camera pan out to show saliva, and then the fucking episode ends with him kissing one girl, then the princess enters, he trips on the one girl, and lands kissing the other.

It's like so trashy it's genius. Serve me up the hot pockets, fuck the pain away

Hundred episode 3

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO get out of here with this shit hahahahahahaha. The show has an excuse for the two leads to make out sloppily and have the camera pan out to show saliva, and then the fucking episode ends with him kissing one girl, then the princess enters, he trips on the one girl, and lands kissing the other.

It's like so trashy it's genius. Serve me up the hot pockets, fuck the pain away

It's anime distilled into its true essence.

Squishy3

Beck 1-8

I never liked bullying like that in anime and I'm really scared for that white guitar. Hoping things will go better for Koyuki. At the very least things seems to be going into the right directions.

Also I looooove that opening.
Yassssssss. Beck doesn't get enough love. Highly recommend picking the manga up after you finish the anime as it'll probably never get continued. :p

Anime ends at a good enough point, but the manga continues for a good while after and remains just as good.

Aki-at

But.....

Lust vs Mustang in FMA:B >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

Man way to kill my hype and then bring it back up again Duckroll, this is all a cruel joke to you :(

ibyea

Banned

But.....

Too bad that was the best episode of Brotherhood and nothing else lived up to it.

JulianImp

I dont know, I thought it meant someone was kind of cheap that they couldnt give big order its own site and domain. For it to have to be on the future diary one is kind of laughable.

A domain + server combo is ridiculously cheap, so I don't think that was the reasoning behind them using it. I agree that it was probably done for marketing purposes, but then again I don't get why would anyone want to associate a new show with Mirai Nikki, of all things. I mean it does start with WORLD DESTRUCTION and has a pink-haired girl, so I don't know... At the very least, I liked that the burned out plush toy kind of reminded me of Monokuma.

Now, if you guys excuse me, I'll go back to watching the rest of this glorious show's first episode.

A domain + server combo is ridiculously cheap, so I don't think that was the reasoning behind them using it. I agree that it was probably done for marketing purposes, but then again I don't get why would anyone want to associate a new show with Mirai Nikki, of all things. I mean it does start with WORLD DESTRUCTION and has a pink-haired girl, so I don't know... At the very least, I liked that the burned out plush toy kind of reminded me of Monokuma.

Now, if you guys excuse me, I'll go back to watching the rest of this glorious show's first episode.

It's from the creator of Mirai Nikki. And Future Diary was fairly popular.

Yassssssss. Beck doesn't get enough love. Highly recommend picking the manga up after you finish the anime as it'll probably never get continued. :p

Anime ends at a good enough point, but the manga continues for a good while after and remains just as good.

That's nice to know! I will definitely consider reading the manga.

Honestly the only thing I watched on YTV was pokemon because I liked the games. I remember other dubbed anime being advertised (don't remember what they were) but I didn't watch any of it.

Fantastic Children 20

So Hesma has sold out Tina to her enemy once again. Old habits are hard to break.

If you made a supercut of all the moments of characters staring into the distance and exclaiming other characters' names, it'd be pretty long.

The show is built around a central misunderstanding caused by the fact Hayate's parents are literally the worst people in the world and have basically sold him to the mafia and run off. Hiding in a park he saves a young girl, Nagi Temezin, from two would be kidnappers, in a fit of panic about his massive debt he asks her to pretend to be his hostage. She misunderstands this as a romantic confession and hires him as a butler instead, a combat butler. In this universe Combat Butlers are superheroes capable of polishing an entire 600 room mansion while also fending off armies of ninjas before lunch.

What makes it work is the dynamic between Nagi and Hayate is the typical romantic comedy one but he is utterly oblivious to this and so is at a loss as to why she keeps getting mad. It's a tired premise in many ways but it feels fresher than it has any right to as a skeleton to hang various ridiculous plots and homages off using the excuse that Nagi has approximately infinity dollars to her name. So school trips that involve transatlantic flights (the most fan servicey episode even if the villain is a sly swipe at the audience), a yacht that is the literal Titanic, mecha at one point, it's all over the map in that Looney Tunes style.

I don't do long form reviews all too often I realise that I've provided a crap synopsis and basically repeat 'and then it made me laugh' over and over so I'd recommend diving in and giving it an episode or two.

Also it has the best 'Baka, baka, baka!' screams of Kugumiya's career which may not be a selling point here :)
The Hayate anime was a good comedy until Manglobe took over and ruined it.

I think the person who said it's like loony toons was pretty on. You don't watch hayte for a engaging story or deep characters, you watch it for the gags and jokes.

heck you can also watch hayate just to see how many references you can get, it's pretty easy as they censor them all to make them obvious that they are jokes :p

I'm sold. Putting it on my small backlog. Will watch once done with cardcaptor sakura.

finally got around to seeing Paprika, boy that movie was a god damn acid trip! i enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun. i knew who the bad guy was tho, like who didn't see that one coming, amiriteorwat?

JulianImp

Not Mirai Nikki 01

What is your wish?

EVERYTHING

Just finished watching this. So it's Mirai Nikki with stands, and the MC has a ridiculously overpowered ability right from the start? Guess I'm fine with it.

I also guess rule34 will be all over the MC since his special ability is domination.

finally got around to seeing Paprika, boy that movie was a god damn acid trip! i enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun. i knew who the bad guy was tho, like who didn't see that one coming, amiriteorwat?

Is this your first Satoshi Kon film? If so, you should really check out his other films like Tokyo Godfathers, Millennium Actress, and Perfect Blue.

TUSR

Banned
Just finished watching this. So it's Mirai Nikki with stands, and the MC has a ridiculously overpowered ability right from the start? Guess I'm fine with it.

I also guess rule34 will be all over the MC since his special ability is domination.

what show is this

i love mirai nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom