• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It follows the same trajectory as MHA with the underpowered MC being granted mysterious powers by someone else after an act of selfless heroism. It's really not your thing.

"Like My Hero Academia, but with IMPACT FRAMES." should be on the box cover.

Dub Live Five (Season 2)
In which Rin needs to be convinced she isn't a dude

but Maki makes an excellent dude

iz1JApG.png

Thoraxes

Kumamiko - 03

Funny as always. I really enjoyed the night terrors/sleep yelling because of the effects modern pop culture (which was almost non-existent in the last episode, haha) had on Machi.

3EpyyZ8.png

Erased - 1+2

So this is the show that everyone was really hyped about last season. It seems really good so far.

I love the use of aspect switching between 16:9 and 2.4:1. You don't often see something like that as an intentional artistic decision, the reason you see aspect switching on Christopher Nolans' films like The Dark Knight is because the taller scenes are the ones filmed in IMAX.

Hey! My standards are...well yeah they are pretty low.

But not low enough for Hundred.

Hundred is like a rhythm that embraces you in the heat of the moment. It appeals to your most tribal desire to just

ooga chaka
ooga chaka
ooga ooga ooga chaka
I can't stop this feeling [ooga chaka]
Deep inside of meeeeeee [ooga ooga chaka]
Girl you just don't realize what this anime does to me
[ooga ooga ooga chaka]

Articalys

I'm glad I gave Tanaka-kun is a Lazy Bastard a second try after not being impressed by the first episode; liked the second one a lot more. Further evidence that comedy shows always get exponentially better as more cast is introduced.
Though I guess more of the jokes in ep2 were closer to my style of comedy as well.

jonjonaug

Manga spoilers: Big Order turns into shit pretty quickly. The protagonist never develops a relationship with any characters nearly as fun or interesting as Yuno or not-Kaworu from Future Diary, the scheming is kinda dull, and it never really develops a good sense of tension.

Manga spoilers: Big Order turns into shit pretty quickly. The protagonist never develops a relationship with any characters nearly as fun or interesting as Yuno or not-Kaworu from Future Diary, the scheming is kinda dull, and it never really develops a good sense of tension.

The show already has mirai nikki beat because protag is not a poopy cry baby.

Dub Live S2 - 06: KISS idol festival
w0yskk9.png

This was legit funny. I like being suprised!

Role reversals is always one of the best things in these kinds of cast shows.

Nico's a legit jerk tho
I see why she's the internet's idol

Dub Live S2 - 07: Crawling in my skin, these flabs cannot conceal
Dub Rin: "Wow, that sure is a whopper!"

wgaIGyR.png

It wouldn't be an idol show without a fat shaming episode. I love/hate how we had one in BOTH seasons, too...

"Thanks for coming to our budget meeting. Our first order of business is --"
"SORRY CAN YOU JUST CUT TO THE CHASE AND GIVE ME MONEY"
>entire council applauds

So this is the result of applause culture. smh

Dub Live S2 - 08: Love Life
In this episode our love livers simulate... dating simulations

JrihKyi.png

Dub Rin (line verbatim): "It's just like a manga!"

Nico shoulda been an actress. She's so good that maybe she could have beaten ScarJo at GOTS

"Eli-cchi... you're such a meddler. Silly girl."
- Nozomi, getting a taste of her own medicine

To think that the closest I've ever truly seen a kissing scene happening in an anime was in Love Live, of all things.

And of course, Nozomi has the deepest lore

Merry Christmas, to the God of μ's from μ's

Snow Halation S2 - 09 END: Grand Dad's High Quality Rips
Finally, I've arrived at the final destination. The whole reason for watching two seasons -- to understand a GiivaSunner/Triple-Q in-joke.

Also the inexplicable phenomenon of Japanese schoolgirls being able to resist the cold with absolutely no leggings whatsoever

It's like a blizzard, they're wearing scarves, coats, gloves, but GOTTA HAVE THAT ZR

I don't even understand the conflict they had in this episode. It's like, they needed an episode all for Snow Halation but didn't really know what to do for it. So we got people shoveling snow.

Snow Halation is so good. especially now it has legendary connotations beyond its original context lol.

Glad this is the final episode
sheesh, should have been the final, anyway

Li Kao

Ok AnimeGAF, like clockwork I come here every season in hope I will resume watching anime and finally fail for one reason or another. But, whatever.

Are Kiznaiver and Mayoiga good ? I spotted them in the OP and, yeah, I'm curious about them.
Any stand out anime this season ?

Ok AnimeGAF, like clockwork I come here every season in hope I will resume watching anime and finally fail for one reason or another. But, whatever.

Are Kiznaiver and Mayoiga good ? I spotted them in the OP and, yeah, I'm curious about them.

Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress has been pretty promising, actually.

Also no sweat, I've lurked this thread for like 4 years now even when I had nothing to watch.

blurr

What was that new show about a monster faced gentlemanly person and a young girl having tea? I loved the aesthetic to it. I saw it on twitter, forgot name. I don't think it started airing yet.

phaze

I'm pretty sure everyone is watching Mayoiga as a so bad it's good comedy and even then people are complaining about it being boring cause nothing is happening yet.

Kiznaiver had a pretty mixed reception. I liked it but I guess your mileage will vary. Both those shows are written by Okada by the way.

Would say that Kabaneri, Joker Game and Bungou Stray Dogs are some other shows you should check out but I doubt they're good enough to make you resume watching anime.

What was that new show about a monster faced gentlemanly person and a young girl having tea? I loved the aesthetic to it. I saw it on twitter, forgot name. I don't think it started airing yet.

Mahou Tsukai no Yome ?

Another reason to push off finishing the last 1/3 of G Gundam.

Out of curiosity, what are the other ones ?

Ascheroth

I personally liked Kiznaiver a lot, but ymmv.

Re:Zero has been pretty great so far. It's a 'person transported into fantasy world'-type of story, with an interesting twist *cough* timeloop *cough*. It also has some pretty good dialogue and great action scenes. The first episode is double length and the first half is a bit slow, but it's worth it.

If you can enjoy a 'classic' action shonen that doesn't reinvent the wheel, but is just really well done and enjoyable, try My Hero Academia.

Quasar

Well Flying Witch is the standout for me, but not everyone is into those kinds of pleasant slower paced shows.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Notice that High School Fleet (Haifuri) is on three streaming services. That just goes to show it's the top show of the season.

Cerberus is a must watch for the comedy and cool lead who is weak think. Its very fun.

Shonen Maid is great too. Id alsi suggest Super Lovers.

Lastly do watch The Lost Village. Its such a suspensful and fun anime.

Gvitor

Furaingu uicchi 02
(Why is this in hiragana again?)

This show is so damn unpretentious, I'm loving it. The kid is great and her reactions to the weird spring harbinger were legit. Most relaxing anime of the season. Even got some laughs out of me.

Bakuon!! 03

Frizz-chan and Rin carry this show so fucking hard. Stig, the Ojou and MC are just there as window dressing at this point. I also demand Rin never stop wearing her race suit.

Macross Δ 03

Anyone who is surprised the MC beat the ace teacher hasn't seen enough anime. MC still sucks ass though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bakuon 3
Confession, i think i did that pretending to shoot missile using bike or car... i was into twisted metal, mkay!?
So, stig-chan is actually old lady cosplaying as a highschool girl...
i'mokaywiththis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom