• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to watch that at some point. I've heard nothing but good things here about how amazing it is....

Strike the Blood ep. 6-8
G7Pm1M7.gif

This show is pretty good. I mean, who know where the hell the plot is going, but the battles are pretty intense and well done and he officially has 2 blood harem members now, so more ladies for the party, I guess. This is better than I expected, I guess.

... is this really a harem tho? if so I'll pass.

This is not France and those are not Nazi!

Kinda dull episodes really. The series could use way less characters, Sakuma was set up as interesting MC and he showed good chemistry with Yuuki and Miyoshi.

The scene where they said he wasnt or was speaking parisian french was baffling. I wonder if they could have still achieved the feelins without mention the language stuff.

More anime should learn from Perfect Insider.

So I bought my first light novel today (Devil is a part timer). so this is what it feels like to lose hope on seeing a book get animated :'v

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Endless Eight is the peak of mankind's artistic expression.

If you don't watch all eight episodes you are basically uncultured swine.

PKrockin

The Devil is a Part-Timer just kills me. From what I've seen of it, once you step foot in Tokyo, apparently even the devil turns into the generic empathetic, cool-headed, misunderstood, smart, fairly bland-looking light novel protagonist with a dark past aspiring to be the very best that no-one ever was. More than anything the devil thing came off like an excuse for his love interest to be tsundere. I was so disappointed.

Endless Eight is the peak of mankind's artistic expression.

If you don't watch all eight episodes you are basically uncultured swine.

Firehawk's alt identified.

The Devil is a Part-Timer just kills me. From what I've seen of it, once you step foot in Tokyo, apparently even the devil turns into the generic empathetic, cool-headed, misunderstood, smart, fairly bland-looking light novel protagonist with a dark past aspiring to be the very best that no-one ever was. More than anything the devil thing came off like an excuse for his love interest to be tsundere. I was so disappointed.

Yes, the series doesn't really take good advantage of its premise outside the opening and a couple other moments. Its handling of the main character is really cheap.

Cornbread78

G Gundam ep. 15
Damn, that was a pretty epic battle between Domon and
Master Asia
he got yet another power up, but had to deal with the sacrifices of the
Shuffle Alliance
and it's rebirth right in front of him. That was a good one!

Hamst3r

I watched the Ajin series on Netflix today and it was quite good. I enjoyed the story and the characters quite a bit, and I'm interested in finding out where this all goes. The 3D CG didn't bother me in the slightest either, I liked the look. There were quite a number of scenes I thought were fantastic looking, particularly the ones with strong lighting.

2843416-ajin+-+02.gif

That's good stuff! I liked the intense music as well.

I also watched the movie adaptation of One Hundred Thousand Bad Jokes last night and enjoyed it too. It was pretty funny and I feel compelled to watch the series now, as it looks to be different. I quite enjoyed the inclusion of what sounded like
"Come, Sweet Death" from End of Evangelion
mashed-up with a bit of
"Hey Jude"
for the big finale and end credits.

Joker Game 03

From people's impressions, and the knowledge that this was going to be episodic, I was a bit skeptical. But I got pleasantly surprised by how much I got into the plot. I actually liked it, and it somehow all worked out in 20mins. Will continue watching.

Squishy3

I watched the Ajin series on Netflix today and it was quite good. I enjoyed the story and the characters quite a bit, and I'm interested in finding out where this all goes. The 3D CG didn't bother me in the slightest either, I liked the look. There were quite a number of scenes I thought were fantastic looking, particularly the ones with strong lighting.

2843416-ajin+-+02.gif

That's good stuff! I liked the intense music as well.

I also watched the movie adaptation of One Hundred Thousand Bad Jokes last night and enjoyed it too. It was pretty funny and I feel compelled to watch the series now, as it looks to be different. I quite enjoyed the inclusion of what sounded like
"Come, Sweet Death" from End of Evangelion
mashed-up with a bit of
"Hey Jude"
for the big finale and end credits.
There's some stuff changed for the TV version too so the manga's worth checking out. Pretty decent art as well.

The crimes in the manga are a little bit more intense, specifically referring to what happens in the last few episodes.

Narag

So if the virus in Hundred can be contracted orally and Hayato is known to possess an active version of the virus, there's a chance he may have accidentally infected the president with the accidental kiss. Now, say, if she were to go berserk, they'd need someone with an inert virus to bring her back to her senses and the only one with the inert virus is Emilia, well, you can see where this is going.

deep ass lore

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet 3

This seems an impossibly naive sentiment in the face of enemies who openly state that they'd rather die than surrender. In light of the fact that the Gargantia dwellers had no problem using potentially lethal ship cannons, it is also hypocritical. I can understand the concern that Ledo's actions caused, but they can't entirely claim the moral high ground here.

Also, those pirate designs are goofy as all get out.

TheFlow

Banned
Currently watching the first season of Jo Jo bizarre adventure and man the anime really captures the cruelty of Dio. I hate him so much.

But yea just after watching the first 4 episodes I can tell this is about to become my favorite series.

This seems an impossibly naive sentiment in the face of enemies who openly state that they'd rather die than surrender. In light of the fact that the Gargantia dwellers had no problem using potentially lethal ship cannons, it is also hypocritical. I can understand the concern that Ledo's actions caused, but they can't entirely claim the moral high ground here.

If there is one thing I loved about the show showcased on your screenshots is just how vibrant the colours in that show were. So good.

JulianImp

Hundred #3
Kids these days... first they called it 'mana sharing', and now it's a 'vaccine'. Harenchi!

At the rate things are going, miss drills should end up relinquishing every single one of her firsts to Hayato in two or three more episodes. Double harenchi!

MCs that apologize all the time are so much of a letdown, really. I don't want another Makoto, but it's weird that most MCs in similar roles all have the exact same reaction, going for the overly conspicuous 'This isn't what it looks like!' reaction intead of, say, anything else.

I think I'll just keep watching Big Order and Mayoiga for my share of so-bad-it's-good stuff in the meantime instead of this.

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 2

I really like the architecture in this show.

The soothing geometric patterns combined with the pleasantly mild color scheme creates a gentle atmosphere. If these designers crafted real-life schools or workplaces, I bet they would improve the mood of the people working in them considerably.

Even a shot as simple as this is attractive due to the smooth marble tile floor. It feels refined and classy.

sonicmj1

The school in Tanaka-kun is probably the best anime school I've seen since Madoka's awesome future-school. I wonder if it's based off a real place.

The show is pretty nice too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Honestly, once you get to the SyFy stuff, that's when you can start complaining. lol

Clov

Aniplex is presenting me with another wonderful opportunity to badger them with requests to release Mushishi! This Friday at 9PM EST they'll do doing another Aniplex Live on Twitch.

Thoraxes, your time to annoy them into releasing Samurai Flamenco has arrived!

The school in Tanaka-kun is probably the best anime school I've seen since Madoka's awesome future-school. I wonder if it's based off a real place.

When I was trying to think of another anime school that looked as neat as this one, Madoka was also the example that came to mind. Some great architectural minds buried within anime art studios.

Cool. The colors aren't nearly as appealing in real life as they are in Tanaka-kun, but that's to be expected.

The character designer normally does ero manga is why some of the characters look like that. Or the other way around.

Oh, I know. It's pretty obvious with all the female designs, with the clothing that consistently shows off skin and permanent blush. The pirate designs are ridiculous from top to bottom though, from the slave-girl loincloths to the goofy "we're sidekick villains" male faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom