• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had that issue with to love ru darkness

Havent seen that one yet. Just google imaged it and uh so much.. pink.

I saw it in dub and thought it was good, not too over the top with yelling. I haven't seen it in Japanese tho.

Screaming in English just isn't the same as screaming in Japanese. The first episode was really grating but thankfully the jokes were enough for me to keep going.

If you thought that was cute just wait for the ninja episode (assuming you haven't seen it yet? I've been watching these with my sister a bit out of order).

If its the Froakie one then yeah I believe its the next one. Some great giffable scenes in that episode.

Narag

Danball Senki 36
iNnXVsPl.png

Best part of the ep was the frigid Sendou longing for the only thing that could light a fire in his heart: friendship with Gouda.

Quasar

Sankarea ep.6
rea-leaf.jpg

Ok, the weirdness of this show continues. Yes, she is now officially a
resurrected zombie
the tough part is how she keeps her current form. There is no way this show ends on a positive note unless the older childhood friend gets sone love in the end, because she is the best so far, lol.

Can't really remember the anime end, the manga end though doesnt end happily.

A bit off topic. I saw the thread about GAF's average age, and I was wondering what is AnimeGAF's average. Mid-late 20s?

Just turned 25 here.

Also, Endride is the worst show of the season.

I would call it bad, but that's too descriptive for this puddle of mud show.

I'm this close to writing / posting a huge review about Aldnoah, I heard so much about it and decided to watch so I could understand what the hate / fuss was about.

I finally found a mecha anime worse than Gundam Wing.

I'm this close to writing / posting a huge review about Aldnoah, I heard so much about it and decided to watch so I could understand what the hate / fuss was about.

How dare you!

"How many times must I watch that little girl die?"

Macross Delta 3

Not sure what this is besides drawing attention to weird looking cats.

Aikatsu Stars 2

Needless drama. I should just finish vanilla Aikatsu. That blue haired freak sucks.

Thoraxes

Aniplex is presenting me with another wonderful opportunity to badger them with requests to release Mushishi! This Friday at 9PM EST they'll do doing another Aniplex Live on Twitch.

Thoraxes, your time to annoy them into releasing Samurai Flamenco has arrived!
Yessssssssssss. And I don't work on Fridays either, so I'm going to try and get in there the best I can! Thanks for the heads-up.

You all so young :p

Yeah no kidding, thought I'd just check the first few minutes of the next episode and it had me in stitches. Seems like it'll be a great show, shame it's only 12 episodes :(

When you run out of D-Frag then you could check out School Rumble.

Line_HTX

Macross Delta 03

Mikumo is the essence of Sheryl Nome. God, she is perfect as the Walkure lead! It's almost like watching Frontier all over again, WHOO!!

qmx0tdl.gif

And goddamn, Narag is a bastard, stealing food and smacking people in the face.

Beyond the Boundary 5-12

After watching this I want to say that KyoAni should really do more action heavy shows like this from time to time, because god damn did this look amazing.

That aside, since it was kind of kind of obvious Mirai and Aki would end up together I would have liked a bit more time spent developing their relationship so the ending would be a bit more satisfying, and there were two episodes in the middle of the series that were basically a completely waste of time that could have been used to do this instead. I thought three episodes for a second, but the one with Sakura and Mirai was actually pretty important, although like the other two it did feel kind of disconnected from the flow of the rest of the series. MAL says this is based on the first two novels, so I'm assuming the movie is based on the third right? There were plenty of unanswered questions, of course they all mainly came up in the last two episodes.

phaze

My commiserations.

But Aldnoah offs itself within twice the shorter amount of time than Wing and is therefore clearly the superior show. It also somehow manages to be less dumb than Relena&Treize&Company antics. Which is really something considering how idiotic Saazbaum&Slaine stuff in Aldnoah is.

Gundam Wing is the best Gundam i've seen.
Stahp.

Re:ZERO 01-03

For once, Gaf didn't lie to me. I have strong aversion to all kinds of SAOs, Konosubas, Grimgars, Is it Okay to Pick up Girls When Not Wearing Panties but this is actually pretty decent and already the longest I've stayed with the show of this ilk. It certainly doesn't reinvent the wheel but the mc is fairly bearable, the surprising amount of action decent to great and even the basic dialogue seem to a notch above what I'm used to finding in shows like this. I wish some of the designs were less ... anime for lack of better word but at least I didn't notice camera ever focusing or lingering on them to much. And I'm not sure if I'm not imagining it, since no one else seems to be bothered by it, but there seems to be a lot of off-model drawings for the characters. I don't think I'm particularly hard to please on that front but there is so much of it it becomes distracting.

phaze

Putting Aldnoah in the proper order of shittyness ≠ defending it.

---
Huh Gorou Sessha is the director Re Zero.

PKrockin

I actually fell asleep watching that "Eiken: Eikenbu yori Ai wo Komete" OVA. The characters' boobs were so big my brain wouldn't even interpret them as boobs anymore, but some sort of odd deformity. The fanservice was udderly unappetizing--a death sentence for an anime whose plot and characters came out of an anime cliche mad libs session. Eiken is one of those shows that reminds you that sometimes anime doesn't start out with a creative idea to justify its existence. Sometimes it's simply an assembly line product cobbled together from genre conventions with less artistic merit than a twin pack of discount undershirts. And once it's over, you feel a little emptier inside for going out of your way to watch a show that's far below the standards of even hardcore fans of cartoons centered entirely around pathetic high school boys accidentally copping a feel.

10/10 it really makes you think

T-Rex.

Banned
I checked out Sword of the Stranger after the posts about it yesterday and it's a damn good movie. I really liked it. If I'm being honest, this is what I thought Gintama would be like before I actually watched Gintama. The story's fairly basic, but it doesn't really need to be anything more than that. It's enjoyable as it is. The action scenes are where it shines, there's a real intensity to them which is just so captivating. The shifts from 3rd person to 1st person, the different cuts used, the slight blur in certain scenes, it's all put together brilliantly.

In the last few months I've finally got around to watching: Akira, Perfect Blue, Paradox Spiral and now this. It's been a good few months.

phaze

I'm glad to see I'm not the only defender of gundam wing.

Stockholm Syndrome is hard to beat.

Beyond the Boundary 5-12

After watching this I want to say that KyoAni should really do more action heavy shows like this from time to time, because god damn did this look amazing.

That aside, since it was kind of kind of obvious Mirai and Aki would end up together I would have liked a bit more time spent developing their relationship so the ending would be a bit more satisfying, and there were two episodes in the middle of the series that were basically a completely waste of time that could have been used to do this instead. I thought three episodes for a second, but the one with Sakura and Mirai was actually pretty important, although like the other two it did feel kind of disconnected from the flow of the rest of the series. MAL says this is based on the first two novels, so I'm assuming the movie is based on the third right? There were plenty of unanswered questions, of course they all mainly came up in the last two episodes.

The movie is anime original as I understand it. It's also really bad so I'd advise you to stay away.

mAcOdIn

I actually fell asleep watching that "Eiken: Eikenbu yori Ai wo Komete" OVA. The characters' boobs were so big my brain wouldn't even interpret them as boobs anymore, but some sort of odd deformity.
The fanservice was udderly unappetizing--a death sentence for an anime whose plot and characters came out of an anime cliche mad libs session.
Sounds like some part of you interpreted them as boobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom