• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists - 03

They really meant 4 cours when they said 4 cours, didn't they? They're shuffling a lot around and adding lots of things. This episode was mostly filler, with some of the beginning of chapter 3, bits of chapter 6 and some foreshadowing about stuff even further beyond that, and according to the preview next episode will cover the rest of chapter 3.
...I don't really have a problem with that, it works quite well actually. The anime-original mascot also blends in pretty well with the other characters.

My only major gripe so far is that they skimped on much of the explanations what the Kegare actually are and the 'workday' of an exorcist, which would make things a bit less 'abstract', I think. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they did that sometime later, seeing as they are already rearranging lots and lots of things.
Character art wasn't all that hot this episode at times, but still serviceable.

Twin Star Exorcists Episode 3
CgfijCgWsAApRnj.jpg

Rokuro makes the best faces.

Wasnt this all original beyond the Benio enroll in class. Also I dont remember the manga focusing on Mayura's bewbies as much as the anime did :(

Qurupeke

Mawaru Penguindrum 9-14
Karma is a bitch. The tables have turned. Just when Ringo became the best.

I have no idea what's happening with the rest of the cast. Mass bombings, dark rabbits, a flamboyant pink haired man, deaths and revivals...

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcist ep.3:
W76N3Pb.gif
9dphPeh.gif

This is good. I mean, I really, really like this show. It hits an awkward tone in presentation, but it is engaging and fun to watch. The battle sequences are really well done and even though there is a lot of impending drama to come with the childhood friend, it should be a fun ride for sure. I almost want to throw an OT together since this is going to be 4 cours, but do we have any idea on how the airing schedule for the 4 cours?

blurr

Mawaru Penguindrum 9-14
Karma is a bitch. The tables have turned. Just when Ringo became the best.

I have no idea what's happening with the rest of the cast. Mass bombings, dark rabbits, a flamboyant pink haired man, deaths and revivals...

Oh jolly Penguindrum, love that show. A lot of things won't make sense right away or directly but think at a deeper level whenever you get a chance.

Idolm@ster CG 02

A whole new set of (cute girl!) characters, more than one can take in a single episode but there's no need to take right away either.

No 'strong' feelings for the show yet but generally positive appeal to it.

It also seems like it's going to be treat in terms of character animation going by the dancing.

Cornbread78

So, umm, guys........

• The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Guilty Crown
  • Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
  • Tenchi Muyou!

Which one should be next?

So, umm, guys........

• Guilty Crown
  • Tenchi Muyou!

Haruhi, it's a very fun show and while I haven't seen the others since watching it I realise at least 50% of referential humour in anime is about this show

Cornbread78

You hate touchy feely love?

Flip a coin between Tenchi Muyo and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I watched Tenchi Muyo in elementary without realizing what it really was, lmao

Haruhi, it's a very fun show and while I haven't seen the others since watching it I realise at least 50% of referential humour in anime is about this show

Well, that settles that real quick, lol.

Cornbread78

Watch until second season and movie, not just first season.

Next question, and this is important. Are you going to watch the broadcast order or the chronological order?

This applies to the first season, of course.

Well, so far, I have found three different versions of the show from chibi characters to a girl in a bunny suit sell groceries, but I have yet to find the actual show I've seen images for..... WTF.

I have no idea, what is the correct order to watch?

Gonna be 28 soon.

Accomplishments:
- Cool job
- Not dead yet
- Excellent, refined taste in anime

Failures:
- Couldnt catch all 151 Pokemon in R/B/Y
- Rejected from Tokyo University, unable to fulfill a childhood promise
- Still awful at fighting games

Well, so far, I have found three different versions of the show from chibi characters to a girl in a bunny suit sell groceries, but I have yet to find the actual show I've seen images for..... WTF.

The bunny suit girl is the right show. Not sure if it's the best for you to watch in airing order though...

blurr

the chibi one you saw is Melancholy of "Haruhi-chan" suzumiya - it's a silly comedy centric spin off

bunny suit one is actually episode 00 according to the original airing order - it won't make sense at all but there's a context and reason for that which you won't know until much later

Chronologically, follow the order mentioned in column E here (for both seasons, scroll down for season 2)

You can watch as per airing order as well, it should be an experience of its own kind :p

Cornbread78

The bunny suit girl is the right show. Not sure if it's the best for you to watch in airing order though...

So episode 1 instead of ep. 00 then, correct? Skip bunny girl and go directly to the part when he is arriving at school?

EDIT: Fu(k it, I'm just gonna let it rip from here. That bunny girl part looks like it was animated in the 70's...

Line_HTX

The chibi ones are more on the side, Haruhi-chan, Nyoron, etc.

Cornbread78

Airing order is confusing and generally not advisable but as I mentioned, not entirely a bad way to watch.

The chibi ones are more on the side, Haruhi-chan, Nyoron, etc.

Broadcast order is the best way to watch Haruhi.

Well, with how Corn is watching anime I'm not sure airing order is for him :p

I have no idea, I'll just let it go from here. That chick just introduced herself to the class like a lunatic, so I have to be at the beginning right?!

Ascheroth

You're literally the second person I heard say that, with the first being DTL.

Other than that, I've heard absolutely nobody say they liked that show and have only issued warnings about it.

I have a number of friends that also liked Guilty Crown!
Corn would probably like it too.

Line_HTX

So episode 1 instead of ep. 00 then, correct? Skip bunny girl and go directly to the part when he is arriving at school?

EDIT: Fu(k it, I'm just gonna let it rip from here. That bunny girl part looks like it was animated in the 70's...

Dude, episode 00 should be your starter.

It's pretty neat and BEAM~!

Clov

So, umm, guys........

• Guilty Crown
  • Tenchi Muyou!

If you have to chose between those, go with Haruhi.
It's the only one out of that list that I've seen.

It's not great, but it definitely has some enjoyable moments and fun characters. For Melancholy, make sure to watch it in broadcast order; it makes it slightly more interesting, and gives a better ending to the first season. Also, make sure to watch the "Nyoron" spin-off at some point. Love how strange that one is.

Have... have you actually seen any anime from the 70s? It tends to look a bit different than Haruhi, and not just in terms of style.

JulianImp

EP00 actually happens later. Broadcast order is all jumbled up, but it kind of did work okay for me.

Mi-mi-mirakuru Mikurun-run!

Will be looking forward to your impressions once you get to Endless Eight, and that gif a couple pages ago reminded me that indeed, Haruhi did a better Ace Attorney animation than the AA anime itself.

JulianImp

Yep, looking forward to all the impressions of the show and the movie oh god I love that.

Yeah, the movie was great.

I kind of hated how they gave Kyon the moeblob treatment for the Nagato spin-off series, and I kept hoping for Haruhi to show up and hijack the plot since the Haruhi/Kyon relationship was way better than that generic Kyon/Nagato one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom