• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep.3:
r5JgmYJ.gif

(The gif is from ep.2, but oh well, it was a hilarious scene)

What is up with all these crazy people in all of these crazy reveals? My mind is fried at this moment with everything going on. We we now have the three people she really wanted as well as three different theories as to who exactly she is, lol. This is going to be a crazy ride, isn't it?

JulianImp

I know nothing. Well, the book girl just told me she was an
alien
at the very end of ep.2...

Wow, not even I had managed to escape being spoiled by the internet on what the show was supposedly about like ten years before I even decided to watch it.

Prepare for CLASSIFIED INFORMATION overload, I guess.

zulux21

I disagree with this statement.

as do I. original broadcast order is fun, but the story really is much better in chronological order especially when the second season and movie is involved.

I am still hoping funimation releases the compete series in chronological order at some point as there isn't currently a good way to watch the series in chronological order with the dvds :/

I disagree with this statement.

Not watching The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina as first episode is a crime and forbidden in most countries of the developed world.

And the SoL stuff is also so much more interesting before watching the final two episodes of the Melancholy of Haruhi arc at the end.

ibyea

Banned
Wow, not even I had managed to escape being spoiled by the internet on what the show was supposedly about like ten years before I even decided to watch it.

Prepare for CLASSIFIED INFORMATION overload, I guess.

I personally managed to escape a vast majority of the spoilers when I watched it a few years after the broadcast, so I didn't know about the whole alien/psychic/time traveler thing either. I think it's pretty easy to do it.

ibyea

Banned
Not watching The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina as first episode is a crime and forbidden in most countries of the developed world.

And the SoL stuff is also so much more interesting before watching the final two episodes of the Melancholy of Haruhi arc at the end.

I am personally glad I didn't because I would have been utterly confused and dropped the show with the first airing episode. In context that episode is really funny.

Super Lovers Episode 3
tumblr_o5y4ndQYrA1qbxqfpo1_540.jpg
tumblr_o5y4ndQYrA1qbxqfpo2_540.jpg

tumblr_o5y6a88Xw91qbxqfpo1_540.jpg
tumblr_o5y6a88Xw91qbxqfpo2_540.jpg

They keep all my favorite parts in and they are all so fun and pleasing. This was probably also the most emotional episode because of them both realizing what Haru needs as well as the issue with the female stalker. Haru backstory always got to me because it could be really relatable to people and even as he still is much older, still all lonely. At least he makes up for it with his brothers and even Ikuyoshi, but now with Ren too and he can be all clingy. Ren gives him good support as well.

The ending phone call as Ren was at the airport and he said he liked Haru was really good. I almost teared up too especially when he fell on the airport ground teary eyed and kind of angered. He ought to have stayed.

Aki continues to be best bro though, he likes Haru just as much as Ren does.

zulux21

the adventures of mikuru asahina is way funnier in chronological order. in broadcast order it just feels like the series is a parody series and really wasn't all that funny.

Jex

Why would anyone with taste in 2016 chose to watch Haruhi in any order?

It was never a good series.

the adventures of mikuru asahina is way funnier in chronological order. in broadcast order it just feels like the series is a parody series and really wasn't all that funny.

The series is a parody.

It's like you didn't watch episode 2 - it should be even the first episode using your inferior order.

I disagree as for me the constantly shifting tone and timeline added to the sense that I never knew what would happen next. The way it messed with the structure of storytelling was one of the best aspects of the series culminating in the Endless Eight arc, which I probably admire more than I enjoyed, but damn to have watched that live at the time!

Wanderer5

Joker Game #3

Eh, stuff happened, but it didn't feel like it had much impact, and as a result it felt dull. The amnesia plot thing was kind of lol worthy too. Next seems to be a two parter, so more room will bring in a more intriguing tale next hopefully.

Line_HTX

Bakuon!! 03

Oh Rin, pls no bully Onsa.

The Stig officially ascended to godlike status now. It's like she's is Celty and just trying to keep the club. LOL at her shaking her head almost ignoring Rin.

I'll call Raimu-senpai Celty Stig.

I personally managed to escape a vast majority of the spoilers when I watched it a few years after the broadcast, so I didn't know about the whole alien/psychic/time traveler thing either. I think it's pretty easy to do it.

I only knew about that Haruhi dance before watching it :p

Qurupeke

Mawaru Penguindrum 15-17
1ZHPRRl.png
rRn5MS0.png
OP8DpKe.jpg

Yuri-san certainly lived up to her name.
I mentioned on my previous post that the tables had turned for Ringo, but I admit that this is the case for the Takakura family too. The ones that have the upper hand are certainly not them, for quite a few episodes now.
The fact that both Yuri and Tabuki were a lot more complex than they seemed is the greatest twist so far. I mostly expected them to serve as mentors after Ringo gave up on her obsession, but they turned out to be quite the antagonists. It's really neat how everything is connected around Momoka and her diary.
I'm still trying to put the pieces of the plot together, as things have certainly become complicated and nearly everyone works for a different reason. Maybe other than Sanetoshi, nobody seems to know the full truth. I wonder how the climax of the show will play out.

It's a shame that Ringo has become somewhat irrelevant now that she has essentially completed her character arc. At least secondary characters like Yuri, Tabuki and Masako became a lot more interesting, so they almost make up for it. Emphasis on "almost", because they're not Ringo. I guess even the show admits that Ringo is the best, considering the significance of the apples in the story. Who am I to defy that.

"Nintendo finally released the Star Fox game that I thought I wanted, but it leaves me wondering what place Fox McCloud has in today’s gaming landscape."

I mean, I understand that Star Fox Zero is more of a game that would have been suited for something like the Wii seven years ago, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the N64 classics back then aren't good games.

Hey.

Hey.

Star Fox 64 was legit.

I've never cared for Star Fox. It's probably at the bottom of the Nintendo franchises for me along with Animal Crossing and Kirby. Those aren't bad games but I don't like them. It's just weird to me people want a new version of a 20 year old game that wasn't super great to begin with when it came out. It's one of the series I can't muster much enthusiasm either way for.

And Ace Combat was like 100x better.

but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the N64 classics back then aren't good games.

all four of them

Russ T

Banned
Hey I'm right there with you. I don't think Star Fox has ever been all that great. Or good. Or even decent.

C'est la vie.

I've never cared for Star Fox. It's probably at the bottom of the Nintendo franchises for me along with Animal Crossing and Kirby. Those aren't bad games but I don't like them. It's just weird to me people want a new version of a 20 year old game that wasn't super great to begin with when it came out.

And Ace Combat was like 100x better.

I admit that Star Fox Zero looks like it should have come out ten years ago but having another iteration of a game in a well-known franchise isn't exactly a negative thing.

all four of them

Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros. 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mario Parties 1-3
Paper Mario

That's a lot more than four!

Aki-at

true dat. just like star fox

Star Fox 64 was like amazing man.

I mean Panzer Dragoon Zwei was always better because dragons > foxes but still.

Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros. 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mario Parties 1-3
Paper Mario

You went and dug out Pokemon Snap but not even one mention of Banjo Kazooie what the hell, WHAT THE HELL?

Exalted

Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros. 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mario Parties 1-3
Paper Mario

Meh ,only half of the games listed here were actually any good. Also didn't you say you were 20, how old were you when you played them :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom