• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kancolle was rather rubbish quite frankly. High School Fleet looks to be a superior navy related show.

After Cindy Gals why not try watching the original iM@S anime? IMO it's better than CG, but who knows, that may simply because I watched that one first.

Kancolle was rather rubbish quite frankly. High School Fleet looks to be a superior navy related show.

After Cindy Gals why not try watching the original iM@S anime? IMO it's better than CG, but who knows, that may simply because I watched that one first.

OGM@S is definitely better.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
You're literally the second person I heard say that, with the first being DTL.

Other than that, I've heard absolutely nobody say they liked that show and have only issued warnings about it.

The production value was nice, and seeing /a reaction to that show was fun.
I had fun with it, but it's not exactly the kind of anime i will recommend to everyone.

Twin Star Exorcist 3

Still the biggest surprise of the season for me really didn't have much expectations for it. The only real complaint I have is Benio's filler pet is the worst case of obviously anime filler to sell toys I've seen in a long time. He's inserted into scenes about as gracefully as a wet fart at a ballet recital. Frequently it seems like the anime team forgets about him and is forced to reinsert him into shots via corporate mandate since he says the same thing over and over and adds nothing.

blurr

I generally rotate to different genre once I watch one or a few of similar genre. My current queue has Legend of Galactic Heroes and/or Samurai Flamenco after both seasons of im@s CG. I'm open to improvisation but it depends on how much I like im@s.

pbayne

I did not bother watching the Nagato spin off series.

You didn't miss much. Took one aspect of the disappearance movie and flogged it to absolute death. All the characters are just diluted versions of themselves doing...nothing really.

RedSwirl

LOGH 10

So basically at this point the Alliance and Empire exemplify the worst aspects of each style of government. On one side a democratic society is fucked up to the point of violence and internal strife among corrupt capitalists, and on the other side an autocratic monarchy is being torn apart by a corrupt aristocracy. In the middle you've got two generals who are really just trying to end the war with as little bloodshed as possible.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Twin Star Exorcist 3

Still the biggest surprise of the season for me really didn't have much expectations for it. The only real complaint I have is Benio's filler pet is the worst case of obviously anime filler to sell toys I've seen in a long time. He's inserted into scenes about as gracefully as a wet fart at a ballet recital. Frequently it seems like the anime team forgets about him and is forced to reinsert him into shots via corporate mandate since he says the same thing over and over and adds nothing.

The pet was completely unnecessary

Cornbread78

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep. 1-2
L27c380.gif

OK, That was some extremely eccentric stuff, but very entertaining and funny. I actually like how they use his personal narrative to move the story, rather then general conversation as well. Poor Yuki has already been completely traumatized by everything, highlighted with her comment to Kyon: "If I am ruined for marriage, would you take me?" Some really funny stuff in here!

blurr

You didn't miss much. Took one aspect of the disappearance movie and flogged it to absolute death. All the characters are just diluted versions of themselves doing...nothing really.

I figured that was the case.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep. 1-2
L27c380.gif

OK, That was some extremely eccentric stuff, but very entertaining and funny. I actually like how they use his personal narrative to move the story, rather then general conversation as well. Poor Yuki has already been completely traumatized by everything, highlighted with her comment to Kyon: "If I am ruined for marriage, would you take me?" Some really funny stuff in here!

Tell us what you think about Haruhi :p

and bring more gifs!

this is something else...

Yup I love the central conceit of the show, really cool reveal (I think it's ep 3 in broadcast order)

I actually watched in broadcast order, yeah it's not the smoothest ride but it means the reveals are kept intact and it's kind of fun to re-evaluate earlier eps in light of what you learn later. I haven't watched all of S2 though, the Endless Eight arc kind of burned me out and the second arc dealing with the
making of the awesomely crap home video sentai show made for the festival
seemed like it would spoil the joke from S1. Should I watch that second arc?

blurr

Yup I love the central conceit (I think it's only revealed in ep 3 during the car ride with the transfer student) and it's why I thought Big Order might have some merit until I watched ep1 and some of Mirai Nikki.

I actually watched in broadcast order, yeah it's not the smoothest ride but it means the reveals are kept intact and it's kind of fun to re-evaluate earlier eps in light of what you learn later. I haven't watched all of S2 though, the Endless Eight arc kind of burned me out and the second arc dealing with the
making of the awesomely crap home video sentai show made for the festival
seemed like it would spoil the joke from S1. Should I watch that second arc?

Yes and the movie!

The second arc is IIRC the Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya which is cool.

(for the movie at the very least, I keep stressing this)

Yes and the movie!

The second arc is IIRC the Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya which is cool.

(for the movie at the very least, I keep stressing this)

OK that settles it, need to source that movie also though does anyone know of a streaming service that has it?

Truth, I cannot get past those awful suits

high school fleet is actually interesting

Yup this show has some quality cliffhangers so far

Whatever happened to those Gundam Build Fighters and TRY OVA that were announced a year or so ago? Is this going to be another Unicorn/Akito situation? Sunrise plz.

Cornbread78

What are the main issues with Guilty Crown that it has a really high score elsewhere, but you all seam to hate it. Is it like a Key series or SAO?

Cornbread what is your pre existing knowledge of Haruhi Suzumiy?

I know nothing. Well, the book girl just told me she was an
alien
at the very end of ep.2...

blurr

that sort of polarity is enough to get me to watch a show sometimes but guilty crown seems to have negative opinions even among people I trust(not from here :p) so not sure :X

Cornbread78

Maybe the next one I'll watch is Guilty Crown, I like to understand why people hate things.

I think I might do this because as long as there is no loli or other anime bull$hit, I might just like it, lol. If not, I can just grovel about it and say they were right and cry my sorrows away.....

It's not a drpressing story, is it? That's basically what's stopping me from finishing A Lull in the Sea right now...

I think I might do this because as long as there is no loli or other anime bull$hit, I might just like it, lol. If not, I can just grovel about it and say they were right and cry my sorrows away.....

It's not a drpressing story, is it? That's basically what's stopping me from finishing A Lull in the Sea right now...

I have no idea what the anime is about, the only thing I've heard is that it is a poor man's Code Geass.

I did the same with Aldnoah, only knew that it had mechs and space battles.

Ascheroth

Well it doesn't have exactly what I'd call a happy ending..

You mean that mecha anime?

Remember when production commitees thought that just idols being idols wouldn't be enough? Oh, how wrong they were!

Guilty Crown is an ugly little show wrapped in a nice package. It's well animated, got decent character and mecha designs, a good OST, and some reasonably entertaining episodes.

But it's still just a chore to watch, and goddamn is its finale just a burning dumpster fire.

Defuser

What are the main issues with Guilty Crown that it has a really high score elsewhere, but you all seam to hate it. Is it like a Key series or SAO?
It's written by Hiroyuki Yoshino. The worst writer ever. The story and characters are fucking garbage. MC is constantly being shitted on and whines.

People who give high score on this is probably the same people who like to bend over for nice animations and music by Sawano.

The only thing good came out it is supercell's OP and ED.

Never look at a score of any anime because they are never a good indication. Just watch and judge yourself, don't depend on scores.

pbayne

Best part of Guilty Crown will always be when the MC
turned into a mini-hitler for like 3 episodes. It came from fucking no where, made little sense and didn't really add to the story much but heck at least it was kinda entertaining.

Ascheroth

Never look at a score of any anime because they are never a good indication. Just watch and judge yourself, don't depend on scores.

This. There are anime I really like that are below 7 on MAL *cough* Majin Bone, Kagewani *cough*. Scores don't really mean anything, except maybe popularity.

...So just watch Guilty Crown and decide for youself ;)

Love Live s2 06

For the "lets reinvent ourselves and then at the end find out we are fine as is all along" episode it was pretty enjoyable. the key here is that A-RISE is just better anyway.

Coulda gone for an entire episode of people swapping personalities

Defuser

Best part of Guilty Crown will always be when the MC
turned into a mini-hitler for like 3 episodes. It came from fucking no where, made little sense and didn't really add to the story much but heck at least it was kinda entertaining.

I never seen a MC who lost so much.

His friend who like him died.
His lover died.
His childhood friend died.
His schoolmates turned on him.
Lost an arm.
Lost his eyesight

Hiroyuki Yoshino is a twisted vicious hack. How do some people even like this enough to give a high score.

Wish Upon the Pleiades 11

I really like this show's fluffy approach to science fiction. It doesn't fit within the traditional hard/soft dichotomy, because it's interested in real scientific concepts from astronomy and physics, but it treats them in a fantastical manner in order to tell a warm character story.

Bungo Stray Dogs Episode 3
CggNNF5WcAAW349.jpg

I so want to trade places with her.

Light Show is the best skill in the whole anime and it deserves more time
but why so brutal episode, all those attacks and blood!

Bungou Stray Dogs - 03

Huh, that got a bit darker and graphic than I imagined this show would be. I liked how a seemingly trivial event connected with the ending.
I would've liked to see more visual cues though. I went back and checked and was disappointed that an important action wasn't shown, even though it could've been done subtle, like JoJo with the glove as a recent example.

Line_HTX

I did not bother watching the Nagato spin off series.

someone stop me before I end up watching Kancolle over this

You are better off watching Kiniro Mosaic over Kancolle. Kancolle is unfocused and nearly impossible to bring to anime form. For crying out loud, even High School Fleet currently is much better at naval operations than Kancolle.

Besides, Karen desu~ is so much more amusing than Kongou desu~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom