• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

I admit that Star Fox Zero looks like it should have come out ten years ago but having another iteration of a game in a well-known franchise isn't exactly a negative thing.

Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros. 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Mario Parties 1-3
Paper Mario

That's a lot more than four!
I count 4 good games on there.

Tuck

Stray Dogs - 3
WDF is up with the "sister?!" That scene at the beginning, holy hell that was blatant...

Villain is pretty lame, but his power is cool.

Decent enough episode I guess.

We should bring back fun factor and anime watch as metrics.

PIXGDnx.jpg

Cornbread78

Bungou Stray Dogs ep.3
Comedy was pretty good to start things off, but damn shit went dark really quick. Desei is way OP with that ability though..

Bungou Stray Dogs ep.3
Comedy was pretty good to start things off, but damn shit went dark really quick. Desei is way OP with that ability though..

Nullification is a cool ability because it completely destroys the advantage of either side, but given that people with powers would logically adjust their style to take advantage of said power, they tend to be lost without it. It's really good in an ability based series, but it's not really OP because the user still has no powers either generally.

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs #3

Thought I give it another round, and LOL, this series got dark pretty fast in this episode. Don't care for the new villain much, but his ability is kind of cool. Liking the matrix ability that the brother has lol (and yeah the whole sister thing is pretty disturbing <.< ). Well I have more interests in the series now, despite the still hit and miss comedy.

We should bring back fun factor and anime watch as metrics.

Henceforth all my posts will use a metric based on the scientifically tested GamePro rating system.

gamepro_guy.jpg

For example -

Mahouka is the bored sleepy guy.
Sword Art Online is the slightly begrudged man.
Erased is the somewhat enthused dude.
Haikyuu is the very entertained fellow.
Ping Pong is the downright ecstatic bro.

*enters thread*

*sees hipster "x was never good" posts about classic games*

*leaves*

Yeah, I specifically waited until a new Star Fox game came out to say that Star Fox isn't that good of a series. It just came to me in a flash of inspiration and told me that it's a slightly begrudged man on the official scale.

Sterok

There was this manga I read years ago about a witch(?) offering magical wares to various people so their wishes could be granted. This usually, but not always, ended in tragedy for the person who took the object. She was accompanied by a talking object, but I don't remember what that object was. Does anyone know what that manga is?

zulux21

There was this manga I read years ago about a witch(?) offering magical wares to various people so their wishes could be granted. This usually, but not always, ended in tragedy for the person who took the object. She was accompanied by a talking object, but I don't remember what that object was. Does anyone know what that manga is?

did the witch look like
as that is the first thing that pops into mind with a witch that gives people magical wares.

Bungou Stray Dogs 03

There we go. This episode didn't shy away from using silly humour again, but when shit got real, it was real. We now know who the main opposing force in this show is. We also now know a bit more about a certain character, which was brought about with a very interesting twist at the end. Bungou fell down last week, but it rose back up with this episode. Now if future episodes mimic what we got today, maybe it won't be half as bad as I was expecting.

Cornbread78

Eden of the East ep.1-3
First off, this show is obviously made by the team that made Honey and Clover because the art is exactly the same. Second of all, this is nothing like I thought it would be. It's memory loss x Mirai Nikki of sorts with a softer tone before it started getting real in ep.3.. Lastly, this will be a slow watch for me because it isn't grabbing my attention.

One Week Friends 1

The premise is definitely interesting, curious to see how these memory resets will be handled and if they don't start getting annoying before too long (depending on how often they are, at least).

Side note, how is No Game, No Life?

Cornbread78

One Week Friends 1

The premise is definitely interesting, curious to see how these memory resets will be handled and if they don't start getting annoying before too long (depending on how often they are, at least).

Such a bitter-sweet anime to watch. I really liked it in the end though.

jgminto

Even though I finished NGNL, I'd never recommend it. A lot of the fanservice is super creepy. It literally opens the first episode with a panty shot of an 11 year old while it informs you of her age on screen. And I don't think the games are entertaining enough to make up for that shit.

Clov

Not very good. If you want an exciting gambling anime to watch, I'd recommend the first season of Kaiji instead. If you enjoy it enough, there's a second season to watch as well, but I like the first more personally.

Eden of the East ep.1-3
First off, this show is obviously made by the team that made Honey and Clover because the art is exactly the same. Second of all, this is nothing like I thought it would be. It's memory loss x Mirai Nikki of sorts with a softer tone before it started getting real in ep.3.. Lastly, this will be a slow watch for me because it isn't grabbing my attention.

I dont understand how any more of Eden of the East is comparable to or described by "mirai nikki" ;/

Szadek

Another - Episode 3
Fucking finally. These hilarious deaths scenes are the only reason why I'm still watching this.
Beside that the show is pretty boring and bland. There are few scenes that are pretty cool, like the doll shop, but that's about it.

kewlmyc

Twin Star Exorcist 01-03

Eh, it's fine. The cut ins are cool. The characters are fine, kinda generic, but it's fine. It's all just fine. Might continue watching, might not. Need to catch up on Ushio and Tora, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom