• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody calls My Hero Academia an underdog story but it honestly kinda loses that identity the more the manga goes on and once things with the villains really get going.

MHA is good, but still has a long way to go to be called great. Its still a young series, after all. A lot can change for better or worse in one year or two.

This is another thing. The series hasn't really had it's defining arc yet. It's had a bunch of solid and tight small arcs, but it hasn't had it's Arlong Park/Soul Society/Dark Tournament/Yorkshin/Kyoto arc/etc. It might get there eventually, it might not, but I'll reserve full judgement until then.

Can I just say how shocked I am at all this MHA hate right now when so many here were jumping up and down like lottery winners when the show was announced...

I hadn't started the manga when the anime was announced, which I did during my month ban. As I read it, I legit thought "there's going to be a lot of disappointed people when the anime starts".

SalvaPot

Everybody calls My Hero Academia an underdog story but it honestly kinda loses that identity the more the manga goes on and once things with the villains really get going.

Its like Hajime no Ippo in that the character starts as an underdog, but as the story goes the character gets stronger, more confident in his abilities, and becomes a proper contender. Honestly most underdog stories only start that way and become something else.

balgajo

This is another thing. The series hasn't really had it's defining arc yet. It's had a bunch of solid and tight small arcs, but it hasn't had it's Arlong Park/Soul Society/Dark Tournament/Yorkshin/Kyoto arc/etc. It might get there eventually, it might not, but I'll reserve full judgement until then.

Arlong park is considered good? I dropped One Piece when this arc finished. I agree with all other though, except kyoto because I never watched it.
I really like Stain Arc and the one happening right now is also very good

Arlong park is considered good? I dropped One Piece when this arc finished. I agree with all other though, except kyoto because I never watched it.
I really like Stain Arc and the one happening right now is also very good

Arlong Park is considered the point where OP hit its stride, yes, though I do know people that didn't like it until Alabasta. Though generally if you don't like it by the former, OP isn't for you.

By the way, I was talking about the Kyoto arc in Nurarihyon no Mago, not Kenshin.

Jarmel

Banned
A PSA to never cheat on your doll.

eDWh8dv.jpg
kL4jUDe.jpg

Moaradin

MHA arcs are weird because the manga moves at such a fast pace and it never stops. But I would consider the
Sports Festival/Stain
arcs the point where the manga starts hitting its stride. It has only been getting better since then.

oh man arlong park is magnitudes better then anything MHA has had to offer so far

The emotional highs in One Piece are unmatched by anything in shonen outside of Hunter x Hunter. Kinda unfair lol.

I do enjoy MHA more on average though. It's a lot more consistent.

balgajo

Arlong Park is considered the point where OP hit its stride, yes, though I do know people that didn't like it until Alabasta. Though generally if you don't like it by the former, OP isn't for you.

By the way, I was talking about the Kyoto arc in Nurarihyon no Mago, not Kenshin.

Lol...I was thinking about kenshin. Though I also never read mago. For now I think OP isn't for me. I didn't think it was that bad but I never felt the need to watch the next episode.

GODAs on another level man its not fair but Horikoshi will hold the torch next once hes ready (˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪

THrqr2m.png

Oda compells you to read MHA

duckroll

Highschool Fleet - Episode 1

Is firehawk watching this? Because he should totally be watching it! It has a few Girls und Panzer staff including Yoshida, and the set up is kinda similar - ridiculous alternate reality setting where there are all girls naval highschools where each class is assigned onto a ship. Except there's some weird dramatic ~twist~ in this one. Cute designs, pretty good animation, and there's a fat cat. Already seems like it could be a winner. I wanna be a Blue Mermaid too!~

Macross Delta is so fucking absurd that I'm stopping it mid episode to get the tears out of my eyes.

I have no fucking clue whats going on with Mikomo being a twat.

Thoraxes

Best song of 2016.

I'm a massive fan of Love! Halation THE WAR at the moment. The harmonic structure is really colorful and there are a lot of cool points where it breaks down to some really simple two-voice counterpoint with harmonies that really get me going.

But i'll get my Ikenai Borderline on soon enough.

I've also been listening to a lot of Rasmus Faber's Ai no Uta (Asterisk S2 ED). Yet another fantastic work as is expected of him.

The characters in Bungo being based on famous Japanese people was something I never would have known if I hadn't watched a video about each of them. Pretty interesting stuff.

Macross:Space idol festival ep 04.

thoughts..

Space Honoka
Freiya won
debuts as a walkure member and learns how hard the idol thug lyfe is. Mikumo continues to be best girl not named mirage. Mikumo also may not be human(perhaps a android? or a protodevlin?) new songs are pretty hype. Freya name drops previous macross idols, and best band of the galaxy fire bomber. I wonder who gave her the music, since windemere is so anti earf culture? ikenai borderline still stuck in my head. the SV-262 draken III is pretty sexy, most interesting transformation sequence since the YF-19/YF-21 of macross plus fame. also the macross elysion seems to have some nifty transforming ARMD platforms. also we learn that there another faction besides the New UN spacy, and the windemerians.

Trickster

Macross Delta

Saw some webm of the walkure bouncing their boobs as part of a performance. Yeah, dropping this, I don't mind fan service. But this level of moe shit fanservice that I've seen so far just seems out of place for Macross

Thoraxes

Macross Delta

Saw some webm of the walkure bouncing their boobs as part of a performance. Yeah, dropping this, I don't mind fan service. But this level of moe shit fanservice that I've seen so far just seems out of place for Macross

Define moe shit fanservice for me.

Cause I figured that breasts move around when you jump around.

Highschool Fleet - Episode 1

Is firehawk watching this? Because he should totally be watching it! It has a few Girls und Panzer staff including Yoshida, and the set up is kinda similar - ridiculous alternate reality setting where there are all girls naval highschools where each class is assigned onto a ship. Except there's some weird dramatic ~twist~ in this one. Cute designs, pretty good animation, and there's a fat cat. Already seems like it could be a winner. I wanna be a Blue Mermaid too!~

Just say Kobayashi has a role in that anime and has more lines than in Rakugo past the first episode.

Line_HTX

Kiznaiver 03

Nico gets even better with her faces, LOL.

Yuta just can't help himself with his womanizing, though wrapping his wrist up was kind of a giveaway.

Immoral, you say? That dude's a weirdo in the weirdest sense. Extreme pain is not good.

Still wondering what Sonozaki is up to with that corporate presentation of connection.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Highschool fleet 1
Gulr und panzer, naval edition.
3/4 of it is kinda zzzz, but then the betrayal scene happen. This could be good.

I'm not exactly a fan of Bakugo, but I have to say I do find something refreshing about him when it comes to the shows I watch.

The kid is legit dangerous and has next to no redeeming qualities personality-wise whatsoever. He's an absolute ass to literally everybody around him, not just Deku. It's hard to remember any times where I didn't feel like he was gonna blow somebody up in a rage.

All this is because he wants to be overwhelmingly better than everyone else. That's it. No tragic past or anything. There's no foreshadowing to any pain he feels about what he does or anything.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a character like Bakugo be the kind of person he is without those traits in a effort to make him sympathetic.

That just makes him shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom