• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Why are there so many knock-offs this season anyway? Feels like everything is either a sequel or a copycat.

Attack on Titan -> Attack on Train
Girls und Panzer -> Girls Fleet
Lost -> Lost Village
One Punch Man -> Weak Punch Boy

etc

Don't they have original ideas anymore?

phaze

Flying Witch 03

In for more neesanAfter boring previous episode, this was captivating enough, I guess one more won't hurt.

Re Zero 04
015785l5jmt.jpg
Hahaha, that ending. I only even caught the implications of it after reading through the posts here. Somehow, despite no action, no drama and the general the low key, rest nature of the episode, it might have still been my favorite up to date. The dialogue and banter was just too good and the new additions to the cast worked superbly. The only one I'm not sure about is the Clown/Hisoka ripoff. The one gripe I have is with Subaru's character. He needs to dial down his NEET commentary a bit. And for a guy that suddenly got transported into another world and forced to die half a dozen of times, he's surprisingly calm about it all and never thinking about home. With mostly comedic take on his character, I don't really mind right not now but if the show ever tries to make some more serious plot point out of this, the lack of any concern from Subaru at this point in time is gonna bite the story in its ass. But other than that, this show is frighteningly good for something that seemed like your usual LN-Guy gets transported into a game/another world fare that i was so used to dropping after first episode. Leave it to Naruto director to make fantasy anime great again !

kitsuneyo

This is not related to Spring 2016 and I may even have asked it before...

What is the best Dragon Ball anime to start with and is it even worth it??

dan2026

I got no problem with MHA being popular and I'm very happy for Horikoshi finally getting a successful series after a few cancellations (one of which had more potential than MHA imo). I just see very little that puts it above other consistent shounen series (and I've read/watched way too many of those) that to me are more worthy of that level of popularity.

Maybe if Bakugou was excised from the series, my opinion would be different. He really does bring the whole thing down.

Bakugou isn't that bad really.
I mean yes he's a self absorbed asshole.

But I look at him as some sort of cracked reflection of Deku.
They both have tremendous respect for All Might and idolise the ground he walks on and want to be him.
But they both take different things from him. Bakugou want the flash, the respect and the recognition. Deku wants the ability to help anyone, to do the right thing and not be powerless when the time comes.

I feel there is merit to his character.

phaze

Start with the the beginning of the story, the normal Dragon Ball. Anything else will leave you confused. As to whether it's worth it, I have lots of nostalgia for it but objectively speaking, I think it's pretty mediocre to bad but with lots of charm. (Which might be lost on you) If you set your expectations right and don't go into it expecting nuanced characters or deep storylines you might/should be alright

pbayne

No problem if it has nothing to do with the cureent season.

To answer yes it is worth it(although it is a huge time commitment) and start with the original dragonball.http://myanimelist.net/anime/223/Dragon_Ball?q=dragon
Its more of an adventure story rather than the all-out shonen fights that people associate it with Dragonball Z. Its a simple enough story,a bit of humor mixed with fights and memorable characters.

duckroll

Highschool Fleet - Episode 2-3

Wow this show is legit good. I have no idea where it's going, but as long as it keeps delivering on those faces, it's all good. I have a feeling the actual conspiracy that's happening is going to be very, very silly. Maybe Yoshida can prove me wrong! After that flashback in ep2, I bet Mashiro's siblings will show up later. I wonder what enemies her mother has...

Anne Happy 02-03

Prehaps I'm am simply tsundere for tsunderes, but I swear you toss one like Hibiki into a SoL show and I fucking eat the character up. Too bad she has fallen into the trap like so many other tunderes have of falling in love with someone who has no emotions. Ganbatte Hibiki-chan!

Minami-ke season 5 got announced....do we really need another minami-ke?
If Feel does it again as well as they did the last season, yes.

Trickster

Define moe shit fanservice for me.

Cause I figured that breasts move around when you jump around.

moe shit = dumb generic, stereotypical moe characters

fanservice = skimpy outfits + transformations. Scene that focuses entirely around having them bounce their boobs ( they're not even doing anything interesting performancewise, litterally they're just standing there, making their boobs bounce... )

And just to reiterate, I don't mind fanservice. But it's just so badly done here that it bugs me.

Thoraxes

moe shit = dumb generic, stereotypical moe characters

fanservice = skimpy outfits + transformations. Scene that focuses entirely around having them bounce their boobs ( they're not even doing anything interesting performancewise, litterally they're just standing there, making their boobs bounce... )

And just to reiterate, I don't mind fanservice. But it's just so badly done here that it bugs me.

I don't think it was done bad at all.

And it's Macross lol

blurr

What does 'moe' mean again?

according to a reddit commentor "boner to the heart"

Idolm@ster CG 06-08

So far episode 3 has been the show's peak, the rest of it has been 'okay' to 'good', it's best when they relay the intensity and tension of a live event - drama moments are fine but I haven't felt too strongly for it, a tad simplistic maybe. Hope next 5 episodes have more to offer.

blurr

My dictionary says 'anime and manga term: something that fascinates or infatuates you' but those words are subjective.

pbayne

What does 'moe' mean again?

Dunno. I took a drill to my head to remove from my lexicon because i lost all comprehension of what it actually meant.

Slam Dunk 41

Funny moment that made that had me in stitches. Guy substitutes in and smacks all the guys in the ass and they all turn like "What the hell was that?". It reminded me of that one time in the 99 HxH were Killua inexplicably smacks Gon in the ass. I dunno, its just funny to me that it comes across like Top gun, like way more homo-erotic than they intend it to.

And just while on the topic of late 80s/early 90s shows does anyone else find it funny that any sci-fi from that era (Bubblegum crises, Gunbuster etc) all have super advanced technology but they never update everyone's fashion sense. So you get really advanced worlds/technology but everyone still rocks leotards, leg warmers and mullets. It dates the shows so weirdly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom