• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Highschool Fleet - Episode 2-3

Wow this show is legit good. I have no idea where it's going, but as long as it keeps delivering on those faces, it's all good. I have a feeling the actual conspiracy that's happening is going to be very, very silly. Maybe Yoshida can prove me wrong! After that flashback in ep2, I bet Mashiro's siblings will show up later. I wonder what enemies her mother has...

fvrxq3G.png

Seriously, I really didn't expect this and and I don't know why it is so good.

Kyuur

Given the pacing, is there any chance of Bones doing an infinite-run of Hero Academia ala One Piece? Not sure how it works with the time slot. They're pulling off 1:1 pretty well so far, but its not something I've ever seen in adaptations other than One Piece and occasionally the other big series that go on for a while.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Highschool Fleet, especially when only the title Haifuri was known, had one of the worst descriptions. Made it sound like two girls going to attend a marine biology school.

duckroll

Given the pacing, is there any chance of Bones doing an infinite-run of Hero Academia ala One Piece? Not sure how it works with the time slot. They're pulling off 1:1 pretty well so far, but its not something I've ever seen in adaptations other than One Piece and occasionally the other big series that go on for a while.

No because it's already confirmed that it's a 13 episode series, and the time slot from Summer onwards is fully booked until next year with other shows.

Sölf;201831861 said:
fvrxq3G.png

Seriously, I really didn't expect this and and I don't know why it is so good.

I know, it's my AOTS so far at least as a week to week show. There's a few others that might win overall but I'd rather binge watch those than stick with them week to week as I feel compelled to with this.

Cornbread78

Strike the Blood ep. 16-19
All sorts of twists and turns in these episodes, with the addition of 1 new girl into the harem category. Looks like she is a childhood friend, so she has no shot anyhow. Any way the battles were short, but interesting to watch play out. Also, loli sensei is the best girl, lol. Just sensei herself, but that was pretty funny stuff and I'm surprised they kept it classy.

Kyuur

No because it's already confirmed that it's a 13 episode series, and the time slot from Summer onwards is fully booked until next year with other shows.

Any idea if Toriko/Naruto/Bleach/Soul Eater/etcetc moved time slots at all or had other shows move out of the way?

Defuser

Any idea if Toriko/Naruto/Bleach/Soul Eater/etcetc moved time slots at all or had other shows move out of the way?

Bleach and Gintama move timeslots before but seriously don't expect anything. This is not Bones decision but the production commitee decision whether MHA will have a sequel depending how the BD/DVD and manga sales.

There's never been a case where a sequel or a ongoing show got turned into long run midway.

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 12

Well, at least Mirai won't have to worry about sleeping in. Riko goes through the pain of trying to figure out what she should and shouldn't know. Mofurun is surprisingly good at volleyball. Here's a fight that only happened because there has to be a fight every episode. Yeesh, another one. They're definitely getting all the stones except maybe the Emerald by the midpoint. Hah, Natsuki spots them again.

We're 12 episodes in, and I don't think there's been an episode primarily focused on Mirai. They're either evenly split or focus on Riko. Not sure how to feel about that.

Qurupeke

Kyousougiga 2
I really like that they keep giving backstory to more characters, I didn't expect we'll get (a part of) little Koto's story so soon. The whole episode was great, but I especially loved little Koto's easygoing and cool personality, which contrasts to the first scene of the episode. And the Inari scenes with her were also very good. I wonder how exactly they connect to the other Koto.

Kyousougiga 3
Best girl.

blurr

Kyousougiga has uber stylish presentation, looks great and the story scales up pretty good as well, unfortunately I didn't feel for the characters much which kind of brought down the impression it made by a considerable amount. Subjective issue.

blurr

Sölf;201839461 said:
Don't you dare call Wilhelmina Braunschweig Ingenol Friedeburg "Germany-chan". At least call her Fräulein, sonst kommt das Erschießungskommando! :mad:

bitte sprechen sie langsammer

Idolm@ster CG 09

Fun episode, Anzu-chan was adorable, I like her "lazy otaku" personality.

I don't know how they come up with names for idol groups and songs like "New Generations", "Candy Island", "Memories", "Happy Happy Days" - they seem fitting and cringe-y at the same time.

Sölf;201839461 said:
Don't you dare call Wilhelmina Braunschweig Ingenol Friedeburg "Germany-chan". At least call her Fräulein, sonst kommt das Erschießungskommando! :mad:

You're misspelling Winner Brown Sugar Ingemar's name there

Cornbread78

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep. 7-9
I have no idea what is going on anymore. I just rewatched the baseball episode, and it went right into the
time travel episode when he meets Haruhi for the first time 3 years in the past and Nagata helps get him back to present time
then the next episode they get the visitor into the clubroom and they have to
battle the giant cricket to save the computer pres and get him back
This is some crazy out there stuff, lol..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Macross Delta 4

The Russia Space Nazis really make me want to drop this show. I'm sure they'll have some cheap justification later on and blahblahblah power of song and harmony yadayadayada, but that's part of why I find them really annoying. Their Flanderized evilness is like a less subtle version of Yamato's Deslar, who really wasn't that subtle to begin with, and they just suck any amount of fun that the show might have any time they appear on screen.

I think I just have two modes for villains. Either they have to be genuinely complicated people, like half the villains/anti-heroes on Gintama, or they just have to be complete shitheels who have no redeeming values and exist only for you to hate - like Sugita's character on Symphogear. This in-between thing that Macross is clearly trying to pull is doing absolutely nothing for me.

Sölf;201839461 said:

U-511 > Bismarck > Eugen > Spree.

zulux21

I have no idea what is going on anymore. I just rewatched the baseball episode, and it went right into the
time travel episode when he meets Haruhi for the first time 3 years in the past and Nagata helps get him back to present time

it's why haruhi is great, it's just out there :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Highschool Fleet - Episode 2-3

Wow this show is legit good. I have no idea where it's going, but as long as it keeps delivering on those faces, it's all good. I have a feeling the actual conspiracy that's happening is going to be very, very silly. Maybe Yoshida can prove me wrong! After that flashback in ep2, I bet Mashiro's siblings will show up later. I wonder what enemies her mother has...
I don't get why you won't watch your boy Michael Bay's TV show about a warship fighting off a world ending virus and blowing up submarines and Russians and whatnot.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Crystal Season III, Episode 4:

AH yes, I had forgotten just how shoujo the manga could get at time and indeed how much NTR teasing they were doing at the outset of the arc. On the other bear witness to a sequences of events that would help dictate some of the ideas found in Sailor Moon Stars, namely pop idols and Sailor Venus desiring to be one and gaining her personality shift to bubbly effervescence.

Bay can only dream that he could direct something so good as Haifuri.

Given Bay's 'Woooooooooooooo NEEEEWWWWWW STUUUFFFFFFF' attitude to military hardware it would have been a 1 episode series where the instructor's LCS sank the Harekaze in one shot and then spent the rest of the episode doing donuts around the old WW2 boat. Still I can see Bay's mind melting at the post ep1 script meetings 'What do you mean they fired all of their torpedoes already? Just fire more?!?'

Edit:
Before a few days ago everyone was shitting on Haifuri. What happened? Is this just the power of duckroll?

If I had to guess it's that Ep 3, the sub hunt, was a banger and the show hasn't had a notably bad episode yet

blurr

Yep, juust keep watching.

I would recommend to think on Haruhi's beliefs/reasons and what drives everyone else to go along with her.

JulianImp

Kuma Miki ep 1 is hilarious. The pairing is so good. The sexual jokes though um😲

The jokes in the first episode alone make me think I'd rather drop it. I don't know exactly why, but this feels a thousand times worse than Rito ritoing all over his harem in TLRD, probably because TLR is just pure fanservice, while Kuma Miko has two clashing styles (fanservice with several unfortunate implications and quirky SoL).

Bakuon!! - 04

This show has some ridiculous scenarios with comedy going all over the place. One moment there's a Suzuki butt branding and the next there are foxes infecting you with echinococcus. I can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Qurupeke

The jokes in the first episode alone make me think I'd rather drop it. I don't know exactly why, but this feels a thousand times worse than Rito ritoing all over his harem in TLRD, probably because TLR is just pure fanservice, while Kuma Miko has two clashing styles (fanservice with several unfortunate implications and quirky SoL).

It gave us this, it can't be the worst!

SuprDuperFly

Neo Member
Hey everyone, I have a random question to ask and would really appreciate the help. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I don't know where else to ask.)
Does anyone know what anime or work this image originates from?

In case your at work, there no nudity but it's a couple in bed.
602274_256327407838315_1259205871_n.jpg

I have google imaged it and only social media accounts come up.
The computer screen in the image is clearly shopped but I just want to know where the source material came from. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom