• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take any of these posts saying MHA is bad seriously because 90% of its criticism from people who've watched all episodes up until now have just said that it's "boring and overrated", without actually backing up that point and explaining why.

blurr

I can't take any of these posts saying MHA is bad seriously because 90% of its criticism of people who've watched all episodes up until now have just said that it's "boring and overrated", without actually backing up that point and explaining why.

it's because they're watching/not watching under the assumption that it is your standard shounen action series with fast pace, not to say it is justified but I'm not surprised people don't get what the point of the show is

Hyouka 2: Maybe we'll get a real confession.

I can imagine Hyouka's romance subplot turning into a standard Indian film (which I have seen enough of) but I'd like to see how it happens in Japanese style :p

duckroll

Of all the episodes out of the studio this season, Bungou had by far the worst.

Oh you meant in the competition of losers. Yeah well, MHA makes for good company with the bottom of the barrel. I watched ep3 of that shit and still can't be assed to write up impressions other than "lol wut". Well, I guess I might as well now.

Bunghole Spray Cogs - Episode 3

Lol wut.

There. Done.

duckroll

You know MHA sucks balls when even the people who like it are comparing it with Stray Dogs instead of the actual good BONES show this season. :p

Narag

Hyouka unites where shounen divides.

Not with that open ended ending it doesn't. We don't see Oreki's confession or the college he goes to his or his career path or if he gets with Chitanda or if they have kids or if their kids grow up healthy or if they succeed against the trials and travails of married life or if he's successful in his job or if he lives a life devoid of tragedy or if he's a good dad or if his kids get good grades or how long he lives or his funeral or how his legacy influences his children should he have had them or

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oreki literally declares his love and says he's going to spend the rest of his life as Chitanda's waifu. What more do you guys need?!

duckroll

Firehawk is right though. I mean, Hyouka managed to win AOTY, so it sure as hell managed to unite us to do -something-. Has shounen fighting trash ever won AOTY? I think not. Just like how comic garbage will never win Best Picture at the Oscars.

I can't take any of these posts saying MHA is bad seriously because 90% of its criticism from people who've watched all episodes up until now have just said that it's "boring and overrated", without actually backing up that point and explaining why.

My criticism of the series has mostly been about the manga and continues to be, even keeping in mind that I don't hate it and consider it average.

My criticism of the anime is it's just poorly paced and the fact it will end before anything of note happens.

This year I'll lead the futile battle to get Tonkatsu DJ in the top 5 of the year. Since nobody is watching it, doubt it'll happen but any anime with beats that sick deserves a spot.

Firehawk is right though. I mean, Hyouka managed to win AOTY, so it sure as hell managed to unite us to do -something-. Has shounen fighting trash ever won AOTY? I think not. Just like how comic garbage will never win Best Picture at the Oscars.

Dude. One Punch Man.

AOTY 2015.

Cornbread78

Not with that open ended ending it doesn't. We don't see Oreki's confession or the college he goes to his or his career path or if he gets with Chitanda or if they have kids or if their kids grow up healthy or if they succeed against the trials and travails of married life or if he's successful in his job or if he lives a life devoid of tragedy or if he's a good dad or if his kids get good grades or how long he lives or his funeral or how his legacy influences his children should he have had them or

Don't get me started. Such a beautiful scene ruined, by telling the audience "not"

I would watch the rest as an anime though, lol.

Oreki literally declares his love and says he's going to spend the rest of his life as Chitanda's waifu. What more do you guys need?!

Yeah, he tells US that... whoopie.

Moaradin

One Punch Man rightfully won AOTY last year.

SalvaPot

I love when animeGAF talks about MHA, it gets more people curious enough to watch, it has its supporters and it has its detractors. What makes me happy is that with so much buzz it WILL find its audience, and hey, it seems it did.

Narag

I love when animeGAF talks about MHA, it gets more people curious enough to watch, it has its supporters and it has its detractors. What makes me happy is that with so much buzz it WILL find its audience, and hey, it seems it did.

It's destined to be this season's Danmachi. It's part of the zeitgeist until it's over then forgotten.

First you defend Earth-chan. Then you hate on Yoshida. Now this? How many L's can one man rack up?

hating on tezuka smh

SalvaPot

It's destined to be this season's Danmachi. It's part of the zeitgeist until it's over then forgotten.

hating on tezuka smh

If you think MHA its getting forgotten you are heavily underestimating its fanbase, the manga was modestly popular before the anime and its getting a nice boost from the anime.

Danmachi only had waifu power to get by, waifus rarely last. MHA has All Might
and our secret weapon, frog girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom