• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
gieve.jpeg
falangies.jpeg

Please give Farangis some backstory. She was basically just religious bow woman in the first season.

JulianImp

12. I think this is particularly relevant in the case of Qurupeke recommending Kuma Miko to SOL fans because on its surface that really looks like a show that should have total universal appeal and be completely safe for any audience. The fact that it isn’t is something that’s really worth discussing and detailing when you recommend it.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me. I originally gave up on posting about it because I didn't feel like the post was conveying the point I was trying to make, but it was this.

I mean, I've watched ToLoveRu Darkness, but the big difference between that and Kuma Miko was that the former never beat around the bush about the copious amounts of "Rito + tripping + girls' crotches", but Kuma Miko was like a quirky SoL that suddenly decided to bring up bestiality and pedophilia and use those topics for the sake of comedy, of all things. It's the same reason I absolutely adore Monogatari, but that's in spite of its creepy fanservice, which is something I feel like I must stress whenever I talk about the show because the very first thing you see is a freaking slow-motion upskirt of Hanekawa, and I know people can be put off by stuff like that even if the rest of the show happens to more than make up for those shortcomings in my opinion.

Also, the hate on fanservice means I can blame it for not getting a Kaiki figure released, because we keep getting platinum harenchi stuff but all the man gets for being one of the main characters in one of the best arcs are a couple gachapon minifigs...

Well, I won't debate much about music preferences but the song wasn't 'forgettable' for me. Although I wouldn't disagree if you said the first ED felt better.

I should say that when I judge OP/EDs I judge them based on a combination of music and visuals, not solely on the music.

blurr

I should say that when I judge OP/EDs I judge them based on a combination of music and visuals, not solely on the music.

Oh right, I tend to think about the song when someone mentions "ED" when it is also the visuals and presentation.

...Wait, which one? I was thinking about ordering a second nendo soon, and I might end up swapping it for Yotsugi since I like her design.

The Tsukimonogatari one.

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of music, I've been disappointed with Macross Delta's soundtrack. It hasn't been bad I guess, but it's just not to Frontier's caliber.

duckroll

Designs look closer to Bubuki Buranki than I was expecting. That's not a good thing. It's lost a lot of the Kozaki charm in the animation process as the faces are rounder than his artwork.

I'm sorry but our friendship is over. From this moment on, we are enemies.

blurr

You mean the one that looks line a nendo, right? Looks like it doesn't have any listings that are fulfilled by Amazon, sadly.

Yes. If you're okay with it, you can try Amazon JP.

Idolm@ster CG 11

I could really relate to their surprise, Rina and Mika seemed like very poor combination and by the end of the episode I was left unconvinced otherwise.

JulianImp

Yes. If you're okay with it, you can try Amazon JP.

Except it looks like nobody in Amazon JP ships to neither Puerto Rico nor Argentina.... Still, I just realized it isn't articulated, so it's kind of iffy for me that it costs almost as much as a nendo, and I'll probably end up getting Hanekawa instead so she can keep Gahara company.

I'd get Hachikuji if only she wasn't twice as expensive as the rest (except Koyomi, who's just as expensive for some reason), but I don't really feel like spending ~$90 on a single nendo. Nadeko figure is a waste of a Monogatari release though... almost every other character deserved getting a release more than her.

pbayne

IMO you don't miss much by watching the Nanoha movie in place of the anime series and it's much more enjoyable. I'm biased because I had already seen the series beforehand though.

huh i assume its like the Madoka movies and just cuts things down to the essentials? Ill keep it mind cheers.

blurr

Except it looks like nobody in Amazon JP ships to neither Puerto Rico nor Argentina.... Still, I just realized it isn't articulated, so it's kind of iffy for me that it costs almost as much as a nendo, and I'll probably end up getting Hanekawa instead so she can keep Gahara company.

I'd get Hachikuji if only she wasn't twice as expensive as the rest (except Koyomi, who's just as expensive for some reason), but I don't really feel like spending ~$90 on a single nendo. Nadeko figure is a waste of a Monogatari release though... almost every other character deserved getting a release more than her.

Oh, I was pretty amazed Amazon JP shipped to India (in about a week) so I thought any place else wouldn't be a problem.

I don't plan on having a figure collection but Yotsugi was too good.

Cornbread78

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep. 10-11 (Remote Island Arc)
DfdGPw9.png

The whole reveal aspect of this episode was one big Ace Attorney parody, lol. Also the comment about Haruhi kissing her own a$$ withteh reveal was hilarious. Outside of that, it was just an alright arc. Let’s see what kind of craziness happens next…

blurr

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep. 10-11 (Remote Island Arc)

The whole reveal aspect of this episode was one big Ace Attorney parody, lol. Also the comment about Haruhi kissing her own a$$ withteh reveal was hilarious. Outside of that, it was just an alright arc. Let’s see what kind of craziness happens next…

fun fan theory #3482
Haruhi realizes that the guy was actually murdered by Kon but doesn't want to admit it so she created this mysterious person while in the cave and manages to take the blame off him

^ also known as the "Monogatari is one of the most popular anime series of all time that will never ever take off in the West because of Shinobu" effect

But I agree. Trying to sweep under the rug and ignore stuff like that isn't productive.

I think the 'risqué' scenes with the sisters and Nadeko are the low points of Gatari, more than Shinobu's.

blurr

Started JoJo's last night.

Show is good, Dio triggered me.

A friend of mine started watching it and stopped when
Dio killed the dog
he couldn't take that. It was until I convinced him that it doesn't happen again that he agreed to resume.

Only thing good about Jojo to me is the fact that it helped me discover Roundabout.

and that whole album by Yes - yum

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs #4

Okay that was actually quite a good episode heh. Some good comedy at the beginning and how the episode ends.
Yeah lets build up this very dangerous team that is comparable to special ops, and add some suspense as they attack the agency, only for them to get their asses kicked lol.
Be nice to start tackling some cases that the agency deals with through, but I guess least some of it has to do with the mafia.

TUSR

Banned
Dio killed the dog
he couldn't take that. It was until I convinced him that it doesn't happen again that he agreed to resume.

I mean, he only has one dog. So of course it couldn't happen again.

Dio did nothing wrong. Except being evil and stuff...

Hes such a dickhead.

And these poses and expressions are so good.

Defuser

Dio killed the dog
Your friend gonna strangle you when he watch part 3.

Someone told me only that No Game No Life was a must-watch if I loved Death Note because they were really similar. I hated it from that first pantyshot, a fucking pantyshot with cameltoe of an 11 year old girl who still sucks her thumb. That show has the most blatant, stupid, over the top pandering and fanservice I've ever seen. From the one episode I could stomache, I'm pretty sure the script was stolen from a 12-year-old's self-insert fanfiction. So yeah, if the show is offensive and full of extreme pandering without even any self awareness, you should probably mention that before recommending it to someone.

i fucking hate no game no life. It's more insulting to my intelligence than Green Green.

NGNL is definitely self-aware.

And I imagine the Death Note comparison comes from episode 6, which is indeed REALLY good and not something a 12 year old would be capable of writing. It just sucks that the show is so entrenched in pandering when it can easily survive without it.

JulianImp

I think the 'risqué' scenes with the sisters and Nadeko are the low points of Gatari, more than Shinobu's.

Yup. The thing with that Shinobu bath scene was that it wasn't focusing on fanservice, and it was more like Koyomi and she are talking stuff while they coincidentally happen to be in the bath. Compared to that, Nadeko being suggestive around Koyomi, the whole toothbrush scene with Koyomi and Karen and him often doing weird stuff to both Karen and Tsukihi were scenes where the fanservice aspects were the main feature.

I can bear with Suruga fanservice because she really succeeds at making Koyomi uncomfortable instead of it being the other way around like with the younger characters, but Hanekawa stuff is annoying as well because it's either some random joke about her breasts or black Hanekawa doing stuff wearing as few clothes as possible.

Will the anime scene ever uses the term fanservice correctly?

Another term which should be replaced is "otaku" as a way to describe everything one person doesn't like in anime. Stuff like Girls und Panzer for example is also completly written for an otaku audience but it doesn't hurt its quality.

Cornbread78

Kare Kano ep.13

Tsubasa meets her
new brother to be
, how cute! Actually a really good insightful episode about growing up an only child in a lonely home. The resolution was good even though the dad's comment at the end about
step-children getting married
was a little off, lol.

Joe Molotov

Will the anime scene ever uses the term fanservice correctly?

Another term which should be replaced is "otaku" as a way to describe everything one person doesn't like in anime. Stuff like Girls und Panzer for example is also completly written for an otaku audience but it doesn't hurt its quality.

This post is so moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom