• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
I mean I think the meaning of fanservice is clear enough most of the time to not be problematic. I think its a lot of other words/terms that are issues. Just because "that's the way things have always been" doesn't mean we have to roll over and take it. I'm not saying we need to take ques from the French in this regard but we still can be a little more careful with the words we use. Personal responsibility and all that.

I personally try very hard to not misuse words! If I find I've been using a word wrong, I stop using it incorrectly. Nonetheless, I'm not about to go around complaining at people when the meanings change with context and time.

I didn't accuse you of anything. Nothing I've said was aimed directly at you. This whole time I've been talking in the general sense because I see that exact phrase used all the time. That argument really is just a pet peeve of mine.

Fair enough. I was thrown off because your phrasing implied grouping together people who use that argument and people who use words incorrectly.

It might be an annoying argument, but it is an entirely valid one. A pet peeve of mine is when people repeatedly complain about words having a new meaning, despite that meaning being more than widely accepted by the community who uses it.

I didn't accuse you of anything. Nothing I've said was aimed directly at you. This whole time I've been talking in the general sense because I see that exact phrase used all the time. That argument really is just a pet peeve of mine.

It's just dumb in a lot of ways.

It's also not even we are talking about a real semantic change but just silly anime community lingo.

Russ T

Banned
It's just dumb in a lot of ways.

It's also not even we are talking about a real semantic change but just silly anime community lingo.

"Fanservice" in reference to sexed up women (and men!) is a pretty commonly accepted meaning even outside of anime, despite your objections.

Sterok

Anne-Happy 4

Ren is a lady killer at heart. Hibiki is the best part of this show.

Netoge 4

What interests me most is how relatively nice everyone online is. The guildmaster gave Rusian a fair description of what what was expected of the members and offered to give him advice if he needed it. Rusian himself helps others and didn't hold anything against Nekohime. Even Nekohime's guards just let him and Ako go without too much fuss. Master's gambling habits are going to rub off on the others. Sette is obviously Nanako. What is interesting is that she immediately clinged to Rusian, which has some interesting real world implications. Ako continues to yandere away.

Danball Senki - 2

ChKSQv5UcAATIQk.jpg:large

No, you're the fusion between Kamina and Jotaro.

Cornbread78

Netoge 4

What interests me most is how relatively nice everyone online is. The guildmaster gave Rusian a fair description of what what was expected of the members and offered to give him advice if he needed it. Rusian himself helps others and didn't hold anything against Nekohime. Even Nekohime's guards just let him and Ako go without too much fuss. Master's gambling habits are going to rub off on the others. Sette is obviously Nanako. What is interesting is that she immediately clinged to Rusian, which has some interesting real world implications. Ako continues to yandere away.

Yeah, my first thought as well. Yandere Ako is gonna go nuts when she finds out.

Here's a theory: Nanako really just wants to hook up with the blond, not Rusian, lol.

Taruranto

This was less boring than I expected.

Tanaka is clearly affected by Narcolepsy though, why doesn't anyone comment on that? What are the teachers doing? Doesn't anyone notice Ohta is clearly in love with him?

Food for thoughts.

Just T

You're impatient because there's nothing going on in this show. At least IMO, no one has any real goals except for the MC and the show hasn't explained why we should care about the kizuna system or how it relates to any of the characters' goals.
Do hope they go more in depth with the Kizuna system soon and set a compelling purpose for the long run.

Russ T

Banned
Sakamoto 2

Damn that was much better than the first episode. I hope it continues more along this line. Lost my shit when he got "possessed". So dumb. I love it.

Just T

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: 3

Good episode. Got some backstory and it was nice to see Mumei unwind a bit before the demeanor switch lol. Also was surprised Ayame stepped up like that.

TUSR

Banned
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: 3

Good episode. Got some backstory and it was nice to see Mumei unwind a bit before the demeanor switch lol. Also was surprised Ayame stepped up like that.

i bet they feed the dead pregnant lady to mumei and whatever the main characters name is.

Cornbread78

Kabaneri ep.3
Now that escalated quickly. Still has the high production value, but not as much action this time around. What's up with the cliffhanger? That's it, ruins the experience, dropped like a sack of flour....

pbayne

Death flags are generally signs of bad writing to me. Its a clear sign of "we didn't actually spend time developing these characters to a point that people are emotionally invested in them so lets shoehorn in some cheap attempts at sympathy in the last few moments." Its pretty cheap and lazy imo.

Though its not inclusive to anime.

Cornbread78

So here's a rec request from my buddy I work with in a genre I know nothing about, lol.

He's looking for a Mecha anime to watch. He's seen all the Gundam's and various othersincluding Cross Ange on my dime, lol. He actually liked it so there, lol. He doesn't mind harem/ecchi crap, and he hates really highbrow philosophical crap. Any good ideas out there?

Crocodile

Attack on Train 3

• Dat sweet, sweet Araki melodrama <3
  • Mumei is like the anti-Mikasa and I love her for that <3 The girl will fight anything that moves.
  • I'm hoping the Ayame and Ikoma relationship doesn't take a turn south after things went so well for most of the episode.
  • It's still not clear to me how the "virus" works or spreads. I hope they give a sensical answer at some point.
  • Please Stuio WIT, don't drop the ball like you always do. This show is good so far, keep it that way!
I gotta say, between "Attack on Train", Jojo, Kivianzer (which is way more interesting and enjoyable than I thought it would be), MHA, CR, Luluco and Dragon Ball Super actually getting good this has been a pretty good season so far. I am pleased :)

pbayne

So here's a rec request from my buddy I work with in a genre I know nothing about, lol.

He's looking for a Mecha anime to watch. He's seen all the Gundam's and various othersincluding Cross Ange on my dime, lol. He actually liked it so there, lol. He doesn't mind harem/ecchi crap, and he hates really highbrow philosophical crap. Any good ideas out there?

Gurren Lagann
Mobile Police Patlabor
Full Metal Panic
Code Geass

Squishy3

Kabaneri 03

Hey look, it's the old people from the original Gundam series wanting to put everyone at risk because they want to fulfill their selfish desires! Except instead of Zeon controlled territory it's superzombie controlled territory..

tuffy

A few others that might match the criteria:
  • Broken Blade
  • Gun X Sword
  • Star Driver

Gvitor

Attack on Kabane 03

"Give me blood" wat

Also they really needed Mumei to be good with kids before killing the pregnant woman, huh

Still enjoying his, hopefully getting to wherever they're going moves the plot forward because we're 3 episodes in and we don't know what the main story is going to be. Is this going to be 2-cour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom