• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

A few others that might match the criteria:
  • Broken Blade
  • Gun X Sword
  • Star Driver

Gun X Sword deserves like five or ten times more appreciation than what it gets. It's a really fun show to watch.

There are crazy antics, colorful characters, cool robots and a relatively straightforward revenge arc. Some good emotional moments too.

Jarmel

Banned
I only saw like 3 episodes of Zegapain when it aired before I bailed out. I was actually tempted last week to restart watching it but decided to wait for the movie in October.

Tuck

Sinbad - 1
Man, people thought Kenya from Erased was too smart for his age, check out this kid.

Also he has a very big head.

Tbh I think they should have skipped super Young Sinbad and just jumped into teenage sinbad. Seeing him as a kid for an extended period wasn't great... aside from their guest going nuts, that part was fun.

Tuck

Attack on Train -3
Pretty good. I was gonna say "Boy are these villagers stupid" but i guess that final shot kind of justified their paranoia eh?

John Blade

Currently watching episode 1 of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino and man...the animation quality drop is very big. Didn't expect to be this bad but kinda turn me off for a bit. Also, did all the voice actor and actress also change as it didn't sound right a bit. Also, where I am right now, it feel like one of the typical animated show not like how it was in season 1. Kinda disappointed a bit but it's very too early right now to judge the show. Will push ahead and try to finish this episode and continue.

An unparalleled moment. lol

Amagami SS 25 or: How I Stopped Worrying About The Stalker Who Actively Sabotaged Every Single Relationship With Girls I Ever Had and Learned to Love Her

This show is delivering in all sorts of unexpected ways.
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

I wish this show had more arcs or episodes. i loved it so much.

From the New World 25 END

jDqQIIs.jpg

Oh please.

It was funny how this episode threw in so many random shots of pretty backgrounds, as if to apologize for the last several episodes taking place in visually bland underground tunnels. They brought all the animators out of hiding too!

Anyway, this was a good final episode that brought the story back to its most interesting themes as well as more thoughtful execution. It's unfortunate that the show as a whole is so wildly inconsistent though. I don't mind that too much in a more episodic/anthology type of show such as Space Dandy, but when you're trying to tell a highly serialized narrative that steadily builds on itself any episode that significantly drops the ball becomes a heavy burden on the entire series. Oh well, at least half the show was good. Episodes 9-19 were a pretty good run; if the beginning and ending had been at the same level this might have become one of my favorites.

Cornbread78

White Album ep.4-7
Man, this MC has no luck at all. First, he stays over his girlfriend's house and she falls asleep on him after telling him she wants his D, then her manager tries to jump on his D and he resists, but she wants to be his GF's replacement because he is nor allowed to see her anymore so she can focus on her career. What a bitch! Then he is helping another girl from his college with a project and she comes over for help (yeah, she wants him too) but she falls asleep on him as well.
This is all crazy stuff.

Quasar

White Album ep.4-7
Man, this MC has no luck at all. First, he stays over his girlfriend's house and she falls asleep on him after telling him she wants his D, then her manager tries to jump on his D and he resists, but she wants to be his GF's replacement because he is nor allowed to see her anymore so she can focus on her career. What a bitch! Then he is helping another girl from his college with a project and she comes over for help (yeah, she wants him too) but she falls asleep on him as well.
This is all crazy stuff.

Wow you are watching WA and not the much better WA2.

Kabaneri 3

Solid episode. Ayame is stacked and is also pretty competent herself.

Fucking lol @ the American guy. Glad they at least got an American VA for him.

Narag

Gun X Sword deserves like five or ten times more appreciation than what it gets. It's a really fun show to watch.

There are crazy antics, colorful characters, cool robots and a relatively straightforward revenge arc. Some good emotional moments too.

Ep 3 is one of those amazing single eps that stands on its own too.

gun x sword lost my interest the second it didn't revolve around him dealing with everything with that really cool unique sword/cloth thing and instead another fucking mecha show.

Cornbread78

My Bride is a Mermaid ep.19
Lol, that special drink making everyone go crazy. It was hard to keep up with all the craziness. This show is a comedy first, but we finally got a "romantic" moment between them... very cute, lol.

Wanderer5

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress #3

Mumei probably could have been more careful with some of her actions later in the episode heh including,
asking for blood, which lol. Also lets not tell Ikoma about that!:p
Anyway despite some eye rolling worthy moments, this is still pretty enjoyable. I glad Ayame step it up a little in this episode too. Let see how the next episode goes after dat cliffhanger.XD

Also be interesting to see what Kongokaku is going to be like.

Kabaneri 3

Solid episode. Ayame is stacked and is also pretty competent herself.

Fucking lol @ the American guy. Glad they at least got an American VA for him.

American guy? Are you talking about the guy with the noble like hair style and said like two words in english? He did look a bit out of place with that hairstyle alone heh.

White Album ep.4-7
This is all crazy stuff.

Man I remember watching this not too long ago. It's a crazy ride that's for sure.

That American guy seems a bit forced in this universe. Like they knew they wanted a character the internet would go crazy for. He'll probably be called like Freedom-kun or some shit and when his death eventually happens the internet will lose their collective minds.

I just want a show where the American character is part of the regular cast and friends with a bunch of Japanese for years. And he wears a cowboy outfit while riding a horse everywhere, but nobody really mentions it because they're so used to it.

Defuser

Attack on Train ep 3

Wow not only Mumei kicks ass but she is willing to fuck up idiots and doesn't give a shit about people's perception of her.

I really like Ayame's design, reminds me of Sakura from Sakura Wars.

JCG

Ep 3 is one of those amazing single eps that stands on its own too.

Yes, that was a great single episode. One of the best homages to classic Super Robot series.

gun x sword lost my interest the second it didn't revolve around him dealing with everything with that really cool unique sword/cloth thing and instead another fucking mecha show.

The sword's gimmick was pretty cool, but I can't really agree with that.

Especially because there aren't nearly enough modern mecha shows that are more about the action/adventure angle, in true Super Robot fashion, and less about some sort of space war or global conflict with political implications. Not that I'd automatically dislike all of those, quite the opposite, but they've definitely become the rule.

This is good news. Shin Mazinger Z is great. I already own the show, but more people should check it out.

Cornbread78

By the time you get to this show and finish it you're going to be sorry about putting it off for so long. :p

Definitely.

Cornbread, if there was ever a time to bring back Let's Watches, now's the time!

If people participate I'll do it. Past my bedtime though, been playing some SAO ony Vita, lol.

blurr

There's still random dogs during egypt arc getting murdered, and Angelo doing his best Ozzy osborne impression by biting a dog head off

Your friend gonna strangle you when he watch part 3.

But araki loves dog so he does again and again.

I have not seen Egypt arc yet.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet 7

I should have known that
the Commodore would die just as he was getting the chance to be a badass. :(

Which character is that?

I should point out that Shin Mazinger Z was the last full-length mecha show that was directed and written by Yasuhiro Imagawa.

So if you liked G Gundam, Giant Robo, or some of his other works, you'll definitely get a kick out of Shin Mazinger Z.

Yasuhiro Imagawa is a guy who really gets what Super Robots are all about when it comes to anime. Hot-blooded characters, charming humour, GLORIOUS 2D Super Robot action, and just the general sense of excitement that comes with all of those things.

Cool about Shin Mazinger Z, I'll check it out for sure.

Anyways, I just finished the third episode of Macross 7 and this man will not stop doing this
aH6jbdg.png

They really cut corners with this show, huh?Basara's a cool dude though. He just wants people to hear his song-- what a guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom